Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,698 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? (6541 Views)

8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married / Why Are You Not Married Yet / I Am On Nairaland To Find A Husband. Month Of June And Still Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by nwadinma(f): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2007
imagine resently i told a male friend that i wanted to return to school for a masters degree and he sincerely begged me not to untill i am marrierd.
i did not get it so i asked him why
guess what he said "how many Nigerian young men have a Phd?
does that not answer your question?
the men MUST always be more educated, earn more, etc.
and if the feel you pose a treat to their superiority-they run like Chioma Ajunwa.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by lioness(f): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2007
LMAO grin

He does have a point though.
But then again, a guy cld also love u because of the masters.

My advise: go for the masters but hide it from the bobos cool
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Emad(f): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2007
<sarcasm>

Some of them has no manners
She doesn't readily kneel down properly when serving me food.

They've got issues
When I treat her bad, she gets angry. As if a woman has that right.

No home training
When I say, "get me some food" she insists on hearing the word "please".

Arrogant, not humble
She won't accept the fact that my broke-ass self has the right to give her orders.

Some of them might have dated a guy who was suppose to be their husband as a boyfriend. Thats messed up
He never supported her dreams and she caught him cheating on her. So what?

Some are too westernized, no submission, 50-50 idea and many more.
She thinks she's not inferior to me. What a lame joke!
</sarcasm>

Seun i cant stop laughing at this sarcasm, grin grin
especially the first one about serving food
Well people i think the problem women face is the same problem men face
The difference is that when a man is in that situation he simply tells his mother to find him a "good girl" from the village and marries her
whereas the woman cannot ask her mother to find her a "good boy"
But all in all the ghost of Gold diggers follows people of social status , men & women alike.
i dont think the problem is a character problem
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by awat: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2007
Sacrificing marriage on the altar of success is sweet, but in the end we are all humans designed by an all-knowing God who understands the value of relationships more than we ever could. Everyone craves companionship!!! If the "successful" sistas and brothers like, they can hide behind the lie that they are satisfied in the progress they are making; ultimately they will succumb to the truth (even if only to themselves) of the incompleteness and consequent frustration of being alone at say 50 or 60. My brother's first boss was a very successful but unmarried telecomms professional, and she was in the habit of chewing on everyone's asses whether they did right or wrong-there was simply no satisfying her. The same goes for the brothers- how would u feel coming home to ur dog at the ripe young age of 49? We think people can live alone all their lives cos we see only their game face-they are actually dying inside. WE ALL WANT SOMEONE WE CAN CALL OUR OWN, WE ALL NEED COMPANIONSHIP. Trust me, I should know. I have an extremely beautiful,very successful (she just moved to another bomb job) elder sister who at 37 is single. As her younger brother I have the privilege of seeing both sides of her (public and private). My advice is: find a way to manage companionship with that success cos companionship and not success is more enduring. Why else did God himself say "it is not good for man to be alone". Are you funny GIRLS and boys gonna contradict the BIG MAN UPSTAIRS cos u make some paper? I work and I'm building something with a beautiful Head Accountant of an International Organization who is humble and does not gimme gray hairs though she has a clear sense of where she wants to go! Success indeed, Hmph!!! Accept u r failing in relationships and need to change tact. Mwah
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by katchy(f): 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2007
grin
when some people say sucessful women have issues, i just baffle. the truth is that when u have attained a class, there are certain things u want and that is respect, love, care, being focused and a goal getter. Now when a sucessful woman asks for this you say she is westernised, rude arrogant etc. So you would have prefered she graduates from secondary school and waits for ur broke ass to marry her give her eternal orders and cheat on her with those sucessful women abi? Marriage I beleive is an eterna friendship which boils down to a lot of respect from both parties. If you respect your friends why dont you respect ur woman and she respect u too. It is only inferiority complex that make men scare away from women who want to acheive greatness in life. Me i go for greatness and hig standards and no man will make me loose my tracks.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by omoge(f): 1:03am On Oct 17, 2007
katchy:

grin
when some people say sucessful women have issues, i just baffle. the truth is that when u have attained a class, there are certain things u want and that is respect, love, care, being focused and a goal getter. Now when a sucessful woman asks for this you say she is westernised, rude arrogant etc. So you would have prefered she graduates from secondary school and waits for your broke ass to marry her give her eternal orders and cheat on her with those sucessful women abi? Marriage I beleive is an eterna friendship which boils down to a lot of respect from both parties. If you respect your friends why don't you respect your woman and she respect u too. It is only inferiority complex that make men scare away from women who want to acheive greatness in life. Me i go for greatness and hig standards and no man will make me loose my tracks.

Amen to that my sistah!! up up we go cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by katchy(f): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2007
grin
omoge my dear thanks for acknowledging my comment joo. Wetin sef, i have a lot of suitors if anyone cares to listen and they come from the sucessful class so my dear any woman that wants to catch the clasy ones make ur self worth the stress cos i have seen men live uneducated women for the educated ones and sucessful ones, so women if una like make una de listen to men wey no even send una. My own is i will respect and love a man that does same to me not one that cheats and causes embarrasment up and down.PERIOD
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by katchy(f): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2007
angry
Lioness my dear, y would nnedimma hide her masters from thebobos, hmmmm i have one now and i will fluant it till i die cos i burnt my bra for it. my mum de stress me to pursues a phd cos she getone her self na im una de talk say make she hide her masters. Una never no men, if u like hide it flaunt it, if a man loves u he will be with u masters phd scl cert, uneduacted etc,,,,Bottom line pray for a man tnhat loves u not a man that is intmidated by rubbish.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Bblak(f): 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2007
Personal Issues maybe grin
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by victorian(f): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2008
Interesting.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Angolobabe(f): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2008
some of our nigerian men feel inferior with a woman more sucessful than them or more educated than them
why some of these our successful girls feels that money is everything and try to control anyman that comes there way with that and men dont like that
,plus alot of them have bad attitude and cant keep a man.

and some are scared of our men coming only after there money so they prefer to be single and rich than get rift off by fake men.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Frankies(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
Some are saucy and very wild inaddition to their arrogance.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by chriswu(m): 12:49am On Jan 15, 2010
sum men gat inferior complex that they don't want a lady that is way successful than he is PERIOD
Hmm. its not inferiority complex. most successful ladies are used to being the no1 on the food chain so a lot of work is needed nd in this present world., theres no time.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by chriswu(m): 12:52am On Jan 15, 2010
Frankies
Some are saucy and very wild inaddition to their arrogance. wink wink
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by bluespice(f): 1:03am On Jan 15, 2010
the truth is, depending on which part of the world you find yourself,
an educated and successful black woman is sometimes an intimidating specter to men.
mainly because with the more degrees and achievements she's had in her life time and the age they come with,
there are fewer available (in terms of emotional availability, matching up to her high standards, etc) men for her.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by GL(f): 4:03am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

the truth is, depending on which part of the world you find yourself,
an educated and successful black woman is sometimes an intimidating specter to men.
mainly because with the more degrees and achievements she's had in her life time and the age they come with,
there are fewer available (in terms of emotional availability, matching up to her high standards, etc) men for her.

exactly. and even if she decides to go below her standard and hook up with a less successful guy, the guy might be unable to handle her success and become resentful.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by bluespice(f): 4:07am On Jan 15, 2010
be dumb, under-achieving (better if you have no goals at all) and beautiful
recipe to have them trooping at one's door

for those that are so smart as to miss the sarcasm there
yeah that's all i can say - smart.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2010
Of course some men may be intimidated by a sisters success due to a fear that may stem out inferiority complex or arrogance from a s sister. But its a known fact that most woman tend to become arrogant when they are the top and no man would like to be a rubber stamp. Successful sisters should come down from their high horse and likewise pray for to God for the right man cos two heads are better than one
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by na2day2(m): 7:02am On Mar 24, 2010
the question should be, are the ladies willing to marry sum1 who makes less than they are making and still be willing to honor the man?
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by PyRo1: 7:05am On Mar 24, 2010
na2day?:

the question should be, are the ladies willing to marry sum1 who makes less than they are making and still be willing to honor the man?
probably not. they would argue that the man is not man enough for them, let alone to command them.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 24, 2010
@all: 1st n foremost women+success+money=dynamite. psychologically dy cant handle all ds wtout it gettn into dr head,so guyz shill. dy r simply actn tru to dr nature. notn wrong in being successful as a woman but point is most of them ain't meant to b married to cuz dy cant stay under a mans roof.no big deal.guyz dz calibre of women r gud to date n party wt.wifee:naa. better to dig ur own grave n bury urself.at least u r sure of d dimensions,
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2010
Some successful sisters aren't married, yes. Have you actually thought of the fact some ladies don't want to get married? Being unmarried is not a disease, it doesn't detract from anyone, male or female.

In short, marriage isn't for everyone.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by PyRo1: 8:50am On Mar 24, 2010
Siena:

Some successful sisters aren't married, yes. Have you actually thought of the fact some ladies don't want to get married? Being unmarried is not a disease, it doesn't detract from anyone, male or female.

Yet these women they continue to venture out here whining about men being evil, when they're equally horrendous.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by kemisuga(f): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2010
Well, a man food is another man poison.
It's a matter of choice.
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by na2day2(m): 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
[PyRo]:

probably not. they would argue that the man is not man enough for them, let alone to command them.

i hear u brother, i hear u

georgeiyke009:

@all: 1st n foremost women+success+money=dynamite. psychologically dy cant handle all ds wtout it gettn into dr head,so guyz shill. dy r simply actn tru to dr nature. notn wrong in being successful as a woman but point is most of them ain't meant to b married to cuz dy cant stay under a mans roof.no big deal.guyz dz calibre of women r gud to date n party wt.wifee:naa. better to dig your own grave n bury urself.at least u r sure of d dimensions,

LMAO! now that was funny grin grin grin

Siena:

right! bcuz u are married, u dont seem to hang around these ladies much, if did u will hate life hearing them complain all the time

[PyRo]:

Yet these women they continue to venture out here whining about men being evil, when they're equally horrendous.

u nailed it sir!
Re: Why Are Some Successful Sisters Not Married? by Duniverse(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
katchy:

grin
when some people say sucessful women have issues, i just baffle. the truth is that when u have attained a class, there are certain things u want and that is respect, love, care, being focused and a goal getter. Now when a sucessful woman asks for this you say she is westernised, rude arrogant etc. So you would have prefered she graduates from secondary school and waits for your broke backside to marry her give her eternal orders and cheat on her with those sucessful women abi? Marriage I beleive is an eterna friendship which boils down to a lot of respect from both parties. If you respect your friends why dont you respect your woman and she respect u too. It is only inferiority complex that make men scare away from women who want to acheive greatness in life. Me i go for greatness and hig standards and no man will make me loose my tracks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys Check Me Out, I Seem To Attract Girls That Are Taller Than Me! / What Kind Of Men/Women Do You Attract? / Guy Caught His Girlfriend With Another Man In Public (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.