Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. (3127 Views)

What Right Does Luggard Has To Proclaim Me Nigeria, That Nnamdi Kanu Dont Have / South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / South-East To Get An Additional State - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Jonathan asked us to bring an additional state from S/East for proclamation – Monarchon August 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm in News
BY OKONKWO EZE
ONITSHA – The traditional ruler of Nri Ancient Kingdom, Igwe Obidiegwu Onyesoh yesterday confirmed that President Goodluck Jonathan recently directed traditional rulers in the South East geo-political zone to bring out an additional state to him from the zone for possible proclamation.
Onyesoh who disclosed this to members of Ogirishi Igbo Foundation during his inspectionof the on-going stadium project at the RojennyGames Village, Oba, Anambra State, maintainedthat it was during a recent meeting between Jonathan and South East traditional rulers, during which they pressed their demand for the much agitated creation of an additional state from the zone, that Jonathan honestly promised to accept any state they unianimously brought out for necessary processes.
He therefore urged Ndigbo to harmonize themselves and agree on a state to be forwarded to Jonathan for processes, because according to him if we fail to agree on one state, then we should have ourselves to blame and not Jonathan or federal government.
He regretted that excessive politicking and unable to agree on the area from where a newstate could be carved out from the Southeast zone had marred our desired dream of having an additional state, adding that a situation where every state in the Southeast would want the new state to be carved out from theirown domain would not augur well for the advancement of Igbo course.
He therefore urged every true son or daughterof Igbo land who has a solution to the problem or who knows the best way to agree on the name of the new state to be created or the appropriate part of the land from where the new state could be carved out without objection from other parts of the zone, to write a memo and forward same to Ogirishi Igbo Conflict Resolution Center at Oba, as soon as possible for collation.
He urged Ndigbo to stop acting like crabs which are known for their Pull-Him-Down (PHD) syndrome and act like the ants which areknown for their unity of purpose, adding that although the problem of Ndigbo started with their defeat during the civil war, which made them to develop a psychological defeat, they ought to unite among themselves and pursue a common agenda.
He also described the frequent bloody clashes between the Movement for the Actualization ofSovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Association of Igbo Youths Organization (AIYO), both of whom are sons and daughters of Ndigbo as very barbaric, adding that he would personally look into the misunderstanding between the MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike and the founder of AIYO, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka who he crowned together as Ijele Ndigbo and Ogirishi Igbo respectively to pursue Igbo course together, with a view to resolving their differences, soonest.
Responding, the Chief Host, Rommy Ezeonwuka who thanked the monarch for visiting his subjects, said he took the greatest risk of his life by identifying himself with MASSOB, with a view to partnering with Uwazuruike to give Ndigbo a pride of place.
He however restated his determination to still give Ndigbo a new sense of direction if allowed to do so, adding that he, as a philanthropist and selfless Igbo man has all it takes to transform Igbo land.
He also urged Ndigbo who are living in the troubled north to return home with their investments for the development of Igbo land where they would no longer be a slave at any slightest conflict between the northerners and other parts of the country.
In his remarks, the former Speaker of Old Anambra State House of Assembly, Chief IfeanyiEnechukwu, commended the monarch for his genuine outburst and urged Ndigbo to stop living like crab which undermined the integrityof Ndigbo during the second republic when other negative forces fought against the then vibrant Governor Jim Nwobodo and succeeded in pulling him down at the peak of his rapid transformation of the old Anambra

Statehttp://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/jonathan-asked-us-to-bring-an-additional-state-from-seast-for-proclamation-monarch additional state from S/East for proclamation – Monarch additional state from S/East for proclamation – Monarch
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by cashkid18(m): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
DATS FRESH AIR
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Akpaife(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
GEJ am always saying it dat u will keep ruling ds country till 2019 my precious vote belongs 2 u

Keep doing good let ur enemies keep talking
Electric light dey 24 yrs who said u r nt working is only d death say dat u r nt working

Aso rock sit belongs 2 u till 2019
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is sheer politics. He just wants to use that to win the heart of the Easterner. Anyway, I don't see that coming to reality because there are processes of creating states in which population is a major factor. The South- East is the least populated of all regions in Nigeria. If that would surface, then, so many states will be created in other regions as well. There are states that are long overdue for additional states like Lagos, Oyo, Kano, Kaduna, Kwara and others with huge population and land mass. I strongly believe that that is not the best now because even the 36 states we have already are not enjoying infrastural facilities. If there's anything to be done at all, then that would be fixing infrastructures throughout the country making constant power supply the priority and ensuring we have functional refineries to stop the inportation of petrol which account for high cost of living . If there's anything to be done to the East, rhen he should think towards fixing 2nd Niger bridge and industrialising the areas expecially Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Owerri. This is my own thought anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nomski0(f): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
See this man o. He's planning to create another state when the existing ones cannot be cartered for properly. Mtchew, all he wants is to win our igbo brothers' votes. Wake up Jona....wake up.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: This is sheer politics. He just wants to use that to win the heart of the Easterner. Anyway, I don't see that coming to reality because there are processes of creating states in which population is a major factor. The South- East is the least populated of all regions in Nigeria. If that would surface, then, so many states will be created in other regions as well. There are states that are long overdue for additional states like Lagos, Oyo, Kano, Kaduna, Kwara and others with huge population and land mass. I strongly believe that that is not the best now because even the 36 states we have already are not enjoying infrastural facilities. If there's anything to be done at all, then that would be fixing infrastructures throughout the country making constant power supply the priority and ensuring we have functional refineries to stop the inportation of petrol which account for high cost of living . If there's anything to be done to the East, rhen he should think towards fixing 2nd Niger bridge and industrialising the areas expecially Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Owerri. This is my own thought anyway.
YORUBA MAN AND MYOPIC THINKING FOR UR INFORMATION SOUTHEAST IS NOT THE LEAST POPULATED STATE .WHY ARE U PEOPLE ALWAYS AGAINST IGBOS PROGRESS.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by petrov10: 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
sweet
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by eye4eye: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Empty promises to decieve Ibo people. So it is the traditional rulers that have the power to bring Jonathhan list of where states should be created? The power to create new states is vested with the National Assembly; not the executive.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nebeuwa(m): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
We need an Anioma state.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by bismarck: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
eye4eye: The power to create new states is vested with the National Assembly; not the executive.

Gbam!

However, I think it would be better if Ohaneze Ndigbo as a whole throw its full weight behind the creation of Anioma State. Having decided to rotate its offices among the areas in Igboland, what stops Ohaneze for pursuing the realisation of Anioma State? it may not be a state for the South-east but it will definitely further the cause of Igbo unity, considering the emasculation of Anioma people in the present Delta State
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
And the jegedes and onibanjes will cry blue murder on this thread soon. Heart attack and tea is killing many of them already grin

The Southeast deserves and will get an additional state whether viable or not. If you disagree, please drink tea now
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by tolulinks(m): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Create a state in the SE??! Hell the whole south east will fit COMFORTABLY in oyo. Oh well, if they get a state then SW gets Two. Simple as.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by takedat(m): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Jonathan cannot unilaterally proclaim the creation of a State. Anyone with half a brain would know that this is disingenuous hoodwinking.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is the death trap for MASSOB.

Conflict of interest:

do i support an additional state for ndigbos in Nigeria, whih would dilute the fight for Biafra independence,, or do i reject the offer and consolidate effort for an independent state?

We are watching. cool
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by EkoAtlantic: 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
tolulinks: Create a state in the SE??! Hell the whole south east will fit COMFORTABLY in oyo. Oh well, if they get a state then SW gets Two. Simple as.

I don't pray for that in SW. Creation of states 'll only interrupt the unity of a group and less economic power.
How I wish we have just two states in SW: Lagos+Ogun+Oyo as a state and Ekit+Ondo+Osun the other.
Then you'll see the meaning of unity and economic growth.
Not creating mushroom states allover.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I don't pray for that in SW. Creation of states 'll only interrupt the unity of a group and less economic power.
How I wish we have just two states in SW: Lagos+Ogun+Oyo as a state and Ekit+Ondo+Osun the other.

I agree. Kwara and Western Kogi.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by ikenga67: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
This is the death trap for MASSOB.

Conflict of interest:

do i support an additional state for ndigbos in Nigeria, whih would dilute the fight for Biafra independence,, or do i reject the offer and consolidate effort for an independent state?

We are watching. cool

See you? Instead of considering what is being discussed and coming to the logical conclusion, (like others on the thread have), that these fools are being sold a brooklyn bridge, you allow your instinct to see just another "Igbo-baiting" opportunity.
You really need to get a life.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by kross01(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
president makes such a 'promise' to you and you believe him? Since when did the office of the president assume such powers? We no dey military rule oo
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by ikenga67: 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Dont understand - why do you want to divvie up the old Oyo state (Oyo and Osun) between the two proposed states? Why two states in SW instead of one?
I agree with you, clamor for creation of states is just a fool's pursuit. Just Nigerians playing the naija game.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by classicEntity(m): 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Anioma State here we come, plus an international airport, GEJ is really working, is just that some people are too blind and tribalistic to see that, GEJ till 2019..Amen

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
ikenga67:

See you? Instead of considering what is being discussed and coming to the logical conclusion, (like others on the thread have), that these fools are being sold a brooklyn bridge, you allow your instinct to see just another "Igbo-baiting" opportunity.
You really need to get a life.

How many times should we tell you that Gej is the "Apostle of Bridge to Nowhere"?

Give me a breaking news out of this cheese bait. Any
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nebeuwa(m): 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
No more carving of the South-East states. The only state that should be created is Anioma state for the Igbo of Delta North.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by nelklyn(m): 2:56am On Aug 21, 2013
First Enugu Airport and now a new State. GEJ is really trying to get into the good graces of the SE.
Eyes Wide Open!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by emiye(m): 3:28am On Aug 21, 2013
This is not a military government,an IMPOSSIBILITY, it is simply a political statement to further divide the bonds of Igbos, the question is how will they unite and arrive at the particular state to be created?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by 99cent: 4:53am On Aug 21, 2013
why do they need an additional state. isn't that a bad thing?
Unless of course they are trying to encroach on SS region. ie carve a SE state out of a SS state. Of course this will cause tension between SS and SE. either way, it will be entertaining to watch. GEJ sure is being smart about getting SE votes.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Kingsley1000(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2013
Orimiri state from anambra on course...anioma no be igbo,dy fit disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by LibertyRep: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2013
It beats me how anyone could rejoice over ds sheer politicking to garner support for Jonathan. Much as I understand the desire of the SE region to have an additional state, is it not crystal clear that such power is NOT vested with the presidency?
If Jonathan has such power, SS region would be having close to 8 states by now.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by otokx(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Only political pygmies will rejoice at this news.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2013
@99cent,It seems you dont know what you are saying their is no way a minority group will be larger than a majority group.South- East cannot drag largeness with south-south which everybody knows.So i advice read and get more knowledge .16 cannot be greater than 19.
Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Abagworo(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Apart from Anioma State which should exclude the Ika and any other confused Igbo area in Delta, I don't see any other possibility.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Set To proclaim Additional State In South-east. by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2013
Now i propose Isuikwuato state to President Jonathan...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total Number Of Voters In Each Six Geopolitical Zone By INEC / Igbo Efon Council Area In Lagos Disenfranchising Voters / PDP Wins Abia State LIVE On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.