Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (43316 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Fellow Christians who care to listen,do not fall to the wiles of the devil ! The devil is tricky and uses all means to dissuade Christians off their faith.
Now there is a fad ongoing which is currently aimed at churches and men of God and even our own so called Christian brothers and sisters allow themselves to be used by the devil to push Christians off what they believe in.
Some are doomed and destroyed already and most of them are aware but they have crossed their hearts that since they are not going to heaven,they will also stop as many as possible from going to heaven !
What this writer by name Frosbel has put up here is nothing but a 'piece from the pit of hel'l ! This write up will not edify ur spirit but will make you doubt what you already have. No doubt there are fake pastors as Christ already told us in HIS word and if there aren't any today it will mean that Christ lied to us.But to condemn a pastor because He lives in good house,drives good cars or fly's in a jet means hatred of the highest order !
This same Frosbel prior to this time called some pastors 'wretched' who preached to him and told him that God will supply all his needs according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus(Philippians 4:19) and he asked them why haven't God supplied theirs first ? why do they still trek and don't ride in luxury cars or could it be that they don't desire good things ? They were also challenged regarding the nature or condition of their foot wears(shoes don chop alignment!)
My catholic friends,don't click like,hailing the OP for he is no friend of the Catholics either !Check his write ups concerning the roman catholics and you will understand what i mean.All these is to make every one of us who profess Christ to be weary and probably become atheists and pick up a ticket straight into hell !
The only group(s) who should be happy are the muslims,pagans,atheists,agnostics and their likes ! This is so because they are looking for nothing more but the negatives concerning true Christians !Have you wondered why this post 'sharperly' made it to the front page ? It is negative news concerning Christians !
Christians open your eyes as i leave you with the below:
Mathew 25:29''‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’'
The truth below about false prophets :
Mathew 24:24''For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.''
So many today are working for the devil either knowingly or unknowingly !

GOD HELP US

3 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
bankylan: What a shallow piece from a shallow mind....I challenge the poster to a one on one meeting...I am 100% sure that this poster is poor not only in wealth but in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

smiley

Are you more intelligent than millions of wealthy professionals in church who give to God, and to their Pastors?

"And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God." - Luke 16:15

If you don't understand spiritual matters, you should seek for knowledge.....Should you think I have been influenced by church teachings, you will have to prove to me that you are more intelligent and learned than I.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him." - 1 John 2:27

It is not in the place of the Pastors to give to church members who don't have money. And any church member who is waiting for his pastor to pay his bills, will likely die in poverty.

Then stop collecting their money and promising them heaven and earth.

Besides, collecting money to use for other purposes than meeting the needs of the brethren is a CRIME against GOD and humanity.

This is a word for you and your Pastors :

"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

May God continue to bless me to give to my Pastor.

You are a Pastor follower NOT a Jesus follower.

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Emart(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
lil max: So its now a pastors duty to take care of members of d church....abi
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris:

guilty conscience you said? of what? am a member of the body of Christ (i.e. if you understand what this means at all) and i have the responsibility to protect and preserve every member of that body.
there are better ways of correcting whatever seem unacceptable to you not by castigating them on such forum as this thinking you are working for God. read the account of Paul and learn!

You only gently correct the meek brethren or sheep , you rebuke and chastise the wolves.

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Samoo01: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Amazing how Nigerian pastors find all justification in the Bible to milk their gullible members dry but found no reason to help the needy.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by oiseworld: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel: The objective of me and friends, is to get to the point where we run ALL the fake charlatans out of business and deliver the sheep from their cruel grasp.

We will not relent, not now , not ever !!!

smiley

Many like you have come and gone. People in the ministry of crticism, the fault finders. You shall come and go.

God is bringing in the wealth of the nations and the gentiles to the church, and you can not stop him.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by wushi(f): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'v read stories on nairaland since I joined last yr buh neva made any comment. Mayb its tym I say sth. It is unfortunate dat d gospel of salvation dat was freely given by God hv been commercialized like media contents. Buh I blame it on us d members. I was born in baptist or Ecwa or catholic den I grow up n say dere is no holy spirit dere anymore cos dey dont jump n scream while prayin. + we r xo in search of miracles dat we lost our sense of reasonin. By d tym we aall go back to our roots all dis 'pastorprenuer' like sum of u call dem wil run out of bizness.

7 Likes

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

You only gently correct the meek brethren or sheep , you rebuke and chastise the wolves.

smiley
Fellow Christians who care to listen,do not fall to the wiles of the devil ! The devil is tricky and uses all means to dissuade Christians off their faith.
Now there is a fad ongoing which is currently aimed at churches and men of God and even our own so called Christian brothers and sisters allow themselves to be used by the devil to push Christians off what they believe in.
Some are doomed and destroyed already and most of them are aware but they have crossed their hearts that since they are not going to heaven,they will also stop as many as possible from going to heaven !
What this writer by name Frosbel has put up here is nothing but a 'piece from the pit of hel'l ! This write up will not edify ur spirit but will make you doubt what you already have. No doubt there are fake pastors as Christ already told us in HIS word and if there aren't any today it will mean that Christ lied to us.But to condemn a pastor because He lives in good house,drives good cars or fly's in a jet means hatred of the highest order !
This same Frosbel prior to this time called some pastors 'wretched' who preached to him and told him that God will supply all his needs according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus(Philippians 4:19) and he asked them why haven't God supplied theirs first ? why do they still trek and don't ride in luxury cars or could it be that they don't desire good things ? They were also challenged regarding the nature or condition of their foot wears(shoes don chop alignment!)
My catholic friends,don't click like,hailing the OP for he is no friend of the Catholics either !Check his write ups concerning the roman catholics and you will understand what i mean.All these is to make every one of us who profess Christ to be weary and probably become atheists and pick up a ticket straight into hell !
The only group(s) who should be happy are the muslims,pagans,atheists,agnostics and their likes ! This is so because they are looking for nothing more but the negatives concerning true Christians !Have you wondered why this post 'sharperly' made it to the front page ? It is negative news concerning Christians !
Mathew 25:29''‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’'
Mathew 24:24''For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.''

GOD HELP US
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
oiseworld:

Many like you have come and gone. People in the ministry of crticism, the fault finders. You shall come and go.

God is bringing in the wealth of the nations and the gentiles to the church, and you can not stop him.

GOD HELP US
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
vislabraye: This is an issue that has other sides to it.

Firstly, there are some pastors who have left their lucrative careers for the sake of the gospel. Its not as if they chose to become pastors. In this case, it will be difficult for you to say money is his motivation. In that case, shouldn't they marry ? Shouldn't their children go to school ? If you as a man desires to live a comfortable life, what about pastors? Are they not human ?

But on the other hand, there are some excesses which are so obvious. I consider this as an abuse. I've witnessed pastors demanding money from their members with a tone of arrogance. I've been to a church where the pastor asked members to sow a seed of 12,000 naira for divine insurance. His argument was that if someone gets sick, he would spend more than that amount. The bad part of it was that there were a lot of poor people in his church.

I've also been to another gathering where the guest minister preached a very inspiring sermon. It had to do with your position. He used a chair as a symbol.
He sed that as many dat want to go to the next level should come to seat to these chairs.(About 50 chairs were on the stage ). He sed the only condition would be for members to sow a seed of 29,000 naira and above. ThE chairs were not full, but he prayed for those who gave and later reduced the fee to 10,000.

am very inspired by part of your post and truly agree with some parts.
my bone with the OP is his judgemental position on this issue. no man of God called by God can successfully deceive his master and go free. God is swift with His judgement and very accurate as well. If truly God called these people the OP has called all these derogatory names, then he has simply taken the place of God by passing judgement on them.
if he truly loves the body of Christ which is the church, he would rather pray for them.
there must be excesses but is he the one to judge or does he think God is too slow to act?
leave the judgement to God, just pray fro them!

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
oiseworld:

Are you even born again ?

"and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain." - 1 Timothy 6:5

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Samoo01: Amazing how Nigerian pastors find all justification in the Bible to milk their gullible members dry but found no reason to help the needy.

GOD HELP US
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by mko2005: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
shejane: Mindset matters a lot, u wil nt achieve anytin wen u giv aving it in mind dat uar only enriching ur pastor, so if uav dat mindset, is beta u dot give atall, keep d moni 2 ursef. Bt if u wish 2 continue wondering abt it, belv me u wil remain @same spot stil wondering abt it while d world is moving ahead of u

GOD HELP US
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by metti(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
grin grin
alexis:

And where did you get that information from?
Google!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
m.k.o2005:

GOD HELP US

God bless you. May His grace multiply in your life.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
wushi: I'v read stories on nairaland since I joined last yr buh neva made any comment. Mayb its tym I say sth. It is unfortunate dat d gospel of salvation dat was freely given by God hv been commercialized like media contents. Buh I blame it on us d members. I was born in baptist or Ecwa or catholic den I grow up n say dere is no holy spirit dere anymore cos dey dont jump n scream while prayin. + we r xo in search of miracles dat we lost our sense of reasonin. By d tym we aall go back to our roots all dis 'pastorprenuer' like sum of u call dem wil run out of bizness.

When people are ignorant, others take advantage of them. Nice post
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
m.k.o2005:

GOD HELP US

Hey brother, whats up ! cheesy

Who is the false prophet ? One who steals money from the poor to build mansions and Jets or the one that exposes those who steal money from the poor to build mansions and buy Jets. ? grin

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

Hey brother, whats up ! cheesy

Who is the false prophet ? One who steals money from the poor to build mansions and Jets or the one that exposes those who steal money from the poor to build mansions and buy Jets. ? grin

smiley

ok, now that you have exposed them, what has that done to them? has it stopped them from doing what you accused them of? has it put money in the pockets of the so called 'poor' church members? what have you achieved bro?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris:

ok, now that you have exposed them, what has that done to them? has it stopped them from doing what you accused them of? has it put money in the pockets of the so called 'poor' church members? what have you achieved bro?

Thousands are being delivered and many Thousands more will be delivered.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by haibe(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

My point is not that a Pastor should meet all the needs of his members through his own hard work, if he can , good.

My point is a Pastor should never collect money from his broke members and even rich members , and use it on other useless projects while his members are in dire need.

smiley

Members(whether broke or rich) of the give their pastors of hoping it would be used to further church projects, pastors don't force anyone, members give willingly since the money is to be used for furthering the things of God, i really don't know why you see it as a big deal for broke members giving offering, there are 2 notable of examples of two broke women who gave in the bible and it was counted worth, because you are broke does not mean you shouldn't give to God knowing he is capable of increasing you financially, Out of the little you have, there is nothing wrong in giving to God, any pastor that collect the offerings for his pocket is wrong, leave them God but how will you if a pator is that greedy? You may not, so just give as though you are giving to God and not man, its the same with giving the needy(not all that claims to be in need are actually in need), so just give for the love of them, if they are pretending to be in need, leave them to God, just do your part.

I don't know what you refer to as 'useless projects' but if they are really useless, leave such pastors for God to judge, once again just do your part, God will surely reward you, leave the so called 'greedy pastors' to continue killing themselves, perhaps you tell if they are greedy or not, just do your part!!!

I agree that church projects should be the ones that are necessary, not waste of money but you can't be too sure if they really are, so members should just do their part as though they are giving God, not pastor.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by adorable29(f): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
kay9:

Oops, i must've hit a nerve! Hehehehhe grin grin

Thats me, bwana, rupturing nerves and infuriating brainless females since 1759! grin
Mr brain, u see ur life?! Ur mates dey use their "brain" acquire private jets nd lamborghinis, u dey inside ur one bedroom shack wit ur secondhand lappy they run after brainless women 4 nairaland abi? Lngkm! Now who is d MUMU?
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by oiseworld: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

Are you even born again ?

"and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain." - 1 Timothy 6:5

You won't get anywhere with this. Go start a church and show us how its suppose to be.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
haibe:

Members(whether broke or rich) of the give their pastors of hoping it would be used to further church projects, pastors don't force anyone, members give willingly since the money is to be used for furthering the things of God, i really don't know why you see it as a big deal for broke members giving offering, there are 2 notable of examples of two broke women who gave in the bible and it was counted worth, because you are broke does not mean you shouldn't give to God knowing he is capable of increasing you financially, Out of the little you have, there is nothing wrong in giving to God, any pastor that collect the offerings for his pocket is wrong, leave them God but how will you if a pator is that greedy? You may not, so just give as though you are giving to God and not man, its the same with giving the needy(not all that claims to be in need are actually in need), so just give for the love of them, if they are pretending to be in need, leave them to God, just do your part.

I don't know what you refer to as 'useless projects' but if they are really useless, leave such pastors for God to judge, once again just do your part, God will surely reward you, leave the so called 'greedy pastors' to continue killing themselves, perhaps you tell if they are greedy or not, just do your part!!!

I agree that church projects should be the ones that are necessary, not waste of money but you can't be too sure if they really are, so members should just do their part as though they are giving God, not pastor.

"For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales 35and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need." - Acts 4:35

Note : The Apostles did not use the money to buy a better horse or carriage or even build a better temple, they transparently shared the money to all who had need.

Now , that's what I call old time religion.

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
oiseworld:

You won't get anywhere with this. Go start a church and show us how its suppose to be.

The Head of the Church is building the REAL CHURCH , and no wicked or greedy person will be part of it.

smiley
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
frosbel:

Thousands are being delivered and many Thousands more will be delivered.

smiley

who are these thousands? you are so disillusioned that you have succeeded in deceiving yourself

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
ProPastorChris:

who are these thousands? you are so disillusioned that you have succeeded in deceiving yourself

[img]http:///i/2hdga1g[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-yjdV0zAp1rI/TiBGjCysVRI/AAAAAAAACtE/s79zlJKfHc0/s1600/emotion_guy_wink_mousepad-p144580566862589753trak_400.jpg[/img]
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Wsdm: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is the pastor's duty. In case you don't know pastor means shepherd, it is the shepherd's duty to take care of the flock and not just milk them. Any pastor that doesn't know this is not worth being called a pastor. Also if you read your bible well, church collections in the early church was always used to take care of the needy in the church. That is the example our pastors ought to follow.
Yes; missionary schools, health centres and so on.
If what the op is saying are truth, then Christianity needs an urgent overhaul in Nigeria.
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by alexis(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
metti: grin grin
Google!

Please provide the specific links from google
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by Akiika: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
ooshinibos:

IT IS SCRIPTURAL FOR A CHRISTIAN OR PASTOR TO BE RICH , PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT RICH IMAMS AND MUSLIM when a christian is rich the devil panicks , I PRAY THAT ALL MY PASTORS BE ABUNDANTLY RICH MORE THEN THEIR ENEMIES

Give examples of such Imams that got rich by squeezing money from members or mosque fund? Even the 3rd pillar of islam (Zaqat=Mandatory 2.5% of your saving that revolved from one year to the other, if it is over the minimum(Nisab)), no Imam will force it off of members. The Imam cannot even spend from it, except he is a misqeen (poor) himself.
Stop displaying ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by SORTER: 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
THIS KIND OF COMMENT KEEPS ME WONDERING IF YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING OR AN ANIMAL.....I WONDER WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF THE NEEDY IN OUR CHURCHES IF NOT THE PASTORS(SHEPHERDS)
lil max: So its now a pastors duty to take care of members of d church....abi
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wsdm:
Yes; missionary schools, health centres and so on.
If what the op is saying are truth, then Christianity needs an urgent overhaul in Nigeria.
the OP has no solution, just enjoys bad-mouthing men of God and many like it cos they are ignorant.
if he knows how to do it, then start a church and show them how to do it right!
Re: Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! by teemy(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
@frosbel did you really call those pastors wretched?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.