Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains (15330 Views)

PHOTO: Power Situation Worsens As Nigeria Loses 2,000MW To Gas Shortage / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by WildChild00(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2013
Easier said than done.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2013
decentralise power
State police
Remove immunity
Block looting
Special courts for corruption cases.

Sounds good to me, i expect pdp ( conservatives ) would never see any good in these.

Proves my conservative vs Progressive analysis that others refuse to buy. Check my signature

4 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2013
It seems to me some Nigerians have a pact with failed promises due to PDP's 14yrs of accursed leadership hence their brains have become attuned to not believing anything anyone says

What does one expect someone who was born into darkness,corruption,police brutality,immunity against corruption and granting presidential pardon to criminals, fuel price increase,abuse of power,stealing of the nation's crude oil while the govt watch unconcerned to do...

I pity those of us who agonise rather than organise against our common enemy

Yet in the cacophony of unfulfilled promises,some individuals have shown themselves to be different and that's where the likes of Fashola,Aregbesola,Rochas,Amosun comes to mind

Change is indeed coming....via APC

12 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Burger01(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2013
Omexonomy: How will they deal with those greedy ASSU member? Let me guess
tinubu will advice them to increase the school fees of student to N500thousand naira as it is being done in lasu under the aegis of fashole. Then they will go ahead to spend N101billion on media hype as a pallative to the pain on student.

You said right... A leopard can't change its spots. Those APC guyz are just purely unrepentant thieves.. Naija people shine your eyes!!

cool
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by gratiaeo(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2013
Charity they said begin @ home.
A.P.C (Armored Personal Carrier) should @ least start building 100 - 200 m watts in their states

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by trillville(m): 9:08am On Aug 22, 2013
Though I am not yet a member of APC, I must say that their manifesto looks good on paper. Producing 40,000 mwh may not be possible, but setting a target as high as that rather than the 4,000 mwh jeg and yaradua promised but have failed to deliver shows that APC means business. The thing that interest me the most is the idea of building coal powered plants because:

1. Coal is much cheaper than natural gas.

2. Production of electricity at coal powered plants cannot be disrupted as easily as with natural gas.

3. There are greater employment opportunities with coal generating power plants than with natural gas.

4. Because coal is cheaper than natural gas, end products for factories will be cheaper making Nigerian products more price competitive globally.

5. We have a abundance of coal so why aren't we using it. The US produces about 130,000 mwh with coal and only 80,000 with natural gas.

6. The market for natural gas is highly volatile ( like oil), so a sharp increase in price of natural gas will lead to an increase in energy cost which may force companies to close down. Many countries have electricity have are unviable locations for production because of associated cost of production.

7. Even government decides to put a peg on the price of natural gas, this will simply be a form of subsidy which will be very prone to corruption.

6 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Iolo(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2013
1. You can't have 40,000MW in 4 years...not even in 8 years...our gas infrastructure would need to be upgraded, we woul need to build a lot more power plants, expand our distribution network to support the extra power. It's very unlikely we'd be able to afford all this (1,000MW costs approx $1bn).

I think at this stage in our political climate, we should have technocrat politicians. Give us how you intend achieving what you want to achieve rather than make blanket statements...the APC has said nothing of its proposed budget structure (e.g what % of the budget to go to power for it to meet its 40000MW target), how many plants it intends to build and all that..basically this same issue affects all the other things they are proposing.

My finding is that good intentions may lead to good policies, but not necessarily good leadership...the thing is that a lot of politicians find that without having made concrete plans on those blanket statements they make...they find that the situation on ground is a lot different than what they envisaged.

10 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by luvinhubby(m): 9:43am On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: this is the same party that has tom ikimi that served under ibb. They didnt add even 1kva to national grid ,audu ogbe was pdp chairman during obj period how many kva did they add to the national grid? El rufai also attended fec meetings with obj as a pdp memeber,what of achike udenwa[b][/b] who did six years as governor in imo state as a pdp member these are some of the strong men of apc who for more than 10 years were pdp members.but today this same people would open their mouth and say pdp has ruled for 14 years without achieving nothing.while they were part and parcel of that 14 years rule.most of the formal corrupt pdp governors,ministers senators and house of rep members that misruled nigeria are now the leaders of the so called progressive.but in 2015 they would find out that nigerians are no fools
So Achike Udenwa is also a `progressive`, this people are worse than PDP if Achike is also a member.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by jaso1(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2013
Nigeria is curse according to one demon! Yes we are curse.
Despite well analyzed manifesto that echoed solution to Nigeria problem, some poor and evils still not see anything positive! am sorry for you all.
We all know corruption is endemic and the mother of all problems facing us as nation. hence the need for independent anti-corruption agency to tackle this dead disease. However, all govern APC states have demonstrated their possibilities in term of performance. Tinubu while in government, try every possible to brake monopoly of power but Obj under PDP denied him.
The type of people oriented projects going on in western part of the country have no equal with what is happening in PDP govern state.
It's left for you to identify all these facts and work to achieve our collective goals.

6 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by solomon111(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2013
jas_o: Nigeria is curse according to one demon! Yes we are curse.
Despite well analyzed manifesto that echoed solution to Nigeria problem, some poor and evils still not see anything positive! am sorry for you all.
We all know corruption is endemic and the mother of all problems facing us as nation. hence the need for independent anti-corruption agency to tackle this dead disease. However, all govern APC states have demonstrated their possibilities in term of performance. Tinubu while in government, try every possible to brake monopoly of power but Obj under PDP denied him.
The type of people oriented projects going on in western part of the country have no equal with what is happening in PDP govern state.
It's left for you to identify all these facts and work to achieve our collective goals.
shut up abeg.
Why haven't APC implement these "agenda" in their states?
Why didn't APC lawmakers fight against the high salaries paid to lawmakers?
How many APC states have domesticated the FOI bill?
Is this the first time we are seeing "beautiful manifestos"?
Why didn't the APC lawmakers fight against the child marriage law?
Abeg,go and sleep.

13 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by OjangSunday: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2013
I see some signs of seriousness in Buhari and Masari's faces. Old Cargo that have ruled people in one political position or the other are now claiming to be the Expected Messiah. I want to place my bet that in event that APC wins 2015 presidential election, i will seize from being a citizen Nigeria.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by teskyg: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2013
CROOKS
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by jaso1(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2013
solomon111: shut up abeg.
Why haven't APC implement these "agenda" in their states?
Why didn't APC lawmakers fight against the high salaries paid to lawmakers?
How many APC states have domesticated the FOI bill?
Is this the first time we are seeing "beautiful manifestos"?
Why didn't the APC lawmakers fight against the child marriage law?
Abeg,go and sleep.

You need not to bark in your incompetency. Your types are out there suffering from what they knew nothing about.
I've said it in this platform severally that-there are educated illiterates in our system and it requires intelligent to figure out my assertion.
My questions to you as poor Nigerian are as follow:
. Are you comfortable with the situation of things in the nation?
. Do you know what good governance is all about
. do you know your right as a citizen
. what are the basics responsibility of sensible government
. Do you have a graduate in your family still looking for job after graduating for the past 15 years
. does anyone from your family died of minor accident that ought to have been treated by the hospital if quickly access.
. Do you know the odious effect of poor state of our electricity in our economy.
. Lastly, for over 12 years of PDP in Nigeria - what impact have you got, and going by the day by day stealing and quantum of borrowing without commensurate effect on our system? should we now use this as set standard?
If you have not tried another person on a particular position there’s no way you can have transparent judgment on performance, in addition it would give a room for effective benchmarking.
4years of another party can be accepted for a try nor PDP.
Do you want to call 12 years of PDP as test running?

14 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Burger01: Thieves and terrorists!

sad

What a good combination.

So they have become a power generation company abi power distribution company.

Tell me sumtin else...

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
*Reading this at Mama Calabar restaurant
Ok, I don hear. No be today we don dey hear this kind tory...Eh eh, Madam, tell that your girl...that one wey get front wey come get full loaded support for back too...eh eh...yes, Ekaete! Tell her make she come serve me pounded yam with white soup, make sure say all those departmentals dey inside the soup o! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
What's new with these blanket statements called manifesto without 'how' it will be achieved
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by realteflon(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na today

E Don tah, #TeamRevolution#
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by moscobabs(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
APC don start their own promise tooo.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by global07(m): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bedtime stories

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by everG: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
APC, after u hv generated d light wat next.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
k2039: My take is simple.

Talk is cheap.
Shut up! Are you a learner? Most of you sang to high heavens when Jonzlantan highlighted his befuddled tranformation agenda without clear milestones.If you stay in the southwest which is presently witnessing an infrastructural transformation, you wont be talking this way. Here is an articulate and achieveable plan and yet you say talk is cheap.. You for say yansh is common too na... Mufutau.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Okijajuju1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAa grin grin grin grin

These Cowfuckers think they can deceive us.. grin

We dont want you guys o!! Na PDP we go follow until 2051 elections.

40000 Megawatts!! Like say na beans..

Meanwhile Jonathan has promised to Upgrade the Fresh Air to fresh Wind to power our Wind Turbines in 2015.. grin

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Bizibi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
Change una yarnings for 2015,no be today we know that kind politicking
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by TUNEX89(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
It is easier said than done !
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by SwitnessA(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na so pdp talk. Shebi we don de reap d result nw. Empty cattons. angry angry
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by olatade(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Story story. undecided abeg who get BB charger for here
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Bizibi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ayoolla: Shut up! Are you a learner? Most of you sang to high heavens when Jonzlantan highlighted his befuddled tranformation agenda without clear milestones.If you stay in the southwest which is presently witnessing an infrastructural transformation, you wont be talking this way. Here is an articulate and achieveable plan and yet you say talk is cheap.. You for say yansh is common too na... Mufutau.
forget dat mata we all know say dat yarnings na jege,all na politics bros no belive am
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Okijajuju1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ayoolla: Shut up! Are you a learner? Most of you sang to high heavens when Jonzlantan highlighted his befuddled tranformation agenda without clear milestones.If you stay in the southwest which is presently witnessing an infrastructural transformation, you wont be talking this way. Here is an articulate and achieveable plan and yet you say talk is cheap.. You for say yansh is common too na... Mufutau.

As far as Power generation|Distribution goes, Jonathan is very much on course..

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by dam4sam: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ATMCARD2(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
bcomputer101:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/apc-promises-40000mw-to-stop-power-outage-pains/
.Seems Nairaland is becmg APC forum?Am gettin ready 2 sht dwn ma account here.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Tinkybabe(f): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
All these talk, what has it yielded?
Na today? ? promises upon promises..whom do these politicians think they are decieving? undecided
They should tell us something new..talk is cheap!
Oh! 2015 is around the corner.
* sings 2face's 'it be like say'*
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by mankand(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Talk is sweet, but i still have some percentage confidence in what APC is saying because looking at other ported governors from ACN and APGA, i can see their relevance rather than a kick and start president and his shepopotamus wife running a kindergarten presidency

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement / 2023: Appeal Court Reinstates All APC Candidates In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.