Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains (15333 Views)

PHOTO: Power Situation Worsens As Nigeria Loses 2,000MW To Gas Shortage / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Donmichaelz(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
2015 I will be watching Ebele whiping ur black a-SS u Modafuckers....
If APC is beta dan PDP let Wenger win Treble......

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by unmask: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
in 2007 lagos state organised a governorship debate with about 7 or so aspirants....and each brought out articulated reasons and well researched items to the fore on the ways to move the state forward.....they all impressed, but fashola was picked and I am sure most that voted him in havent regretted their decision.....now fashola isnt apc and I cant vouch for the rest of apc.....but if your decision not to vote for them is bordered on religion or tribe.....then you are worse than our politicians.....Jonathan was invited to a national debate, instead he chose to talk to the youth representative (dbanj)......and still we dont wonder......I am not campaigning for apc.....I just know we can do far far better than GEJ.....even the senior prefect of my school then had more leadership nous than GEJ has exhibited so far

4 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Donmichaelz: 2015 I will be watching Ebele whiping ur black a-SS u Modafuckers....
*falls off 3rd mainland bridge* grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by blaise26abj(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Let's see the blueprint of how this manifestos would be achieved. In clear print and 160 million copies +. Without that, screw them. No more cheap talk. Let's see the blue print.

BTW during USA elections,people ask how the politicians plan to carry out what they promise. From there they already know what to expect and the "clueless" ones are separated from the visionaries. Until then, they are all clueless

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
All na wash!!! Campaign strategies. I can't wait for this much anticipated 2015. It's gon be hawt!!! grin cool
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Ozenith(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Donmichaelz: 2015 I will be watching Ebele whiping ur black a-SS u Modafuckers....
grin grin grin
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by publisher(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
I just have a few questions; how does APC intend to fund it's 40000mega watts project?
I didn't hear about any concrete plans to diversify the Nigerian economy in the areas of Agriculture, Tourism, mining etc.

Most APC states in the South-west are cocoa producers, how come we still dont have made in Nigeria CHOCOLATES? We still import Mars, Bounty, Snickers etc...are they waiting for Federal govt?
It is from little things like manufacturing 'chocolates' that we know those that can achieve bigger things if given the opportunity and resources.

PDP turned non-oil producing Crossrivers state into a tourist haven.

PDP turned an okada riddin,dog eating city of Uyo into an upcoming world class city.

PDP/APGA created an environment that gave birth to an indigenous car assembling and manufacturing industry in Anambra.

So,outside Lagos that enjoyed an infrastructural headstart as federal capital during Nigeria's oil boom years, what does APC have to show? Roundabouts in Benin city? Or a 200 meter flyover bridge in Ibadan?

Me am just saying o.

9 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by yemobrown(m): 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
I love my Country Men.
Come 2015, Nigerians will Decide who leads them.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Esiere: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gradually relief is coming our way. Competition is getting stiffer and the slow and corrupt will be flushed down the pit like tissues papers.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by killuminati(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
God pls gih me APC
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ignis: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Amanwulu1: apc we don hear, now let us hear hw u'll achieve dis so dat d experts will confirm whether u're teling d truth. For ur informate nigerians are no more as gullible as they use to be, we knw wen d politicians tell us wht we wnt to hear jst for d sake of having their way.
let them tell that to little children, how long will they keep deceiving us?
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by fujirice: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Same old peeps that are out of power for long struggling for relevance grin
See their faces? Not even a single young ming amongst them....smh *vigorously*

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Tunjman(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Reading some posts here, all I can say is that the real problem of Nigeria are Nigerians (common people) and not those we entrusted our mandates with.No doubt,Nigerians have always been victims of betrayal since the beginning of self rule but majority of the problems facing us as people are self-inflicted.

Fela Anikulapo's 'suffering and smiling' could not have described us better. It is unfortunate that we have become so much alienated to changes, we keep allowing the proverbial 'known devil' to torment us even when the 'unknown angel' shows great concern about our predicament and ready to rescue us.

The APC might be full of old politicans but,track records of some young and vibrant governor-members are enough to prove to us that if given the chance, nigeria will bid bad leadership farewell and regain her position as the economic leader of Africa.

Some of us don't like the APC because of the personal hatred we have for buhari whom we label the grand sponsor of the insurgence in the north. Others never conceal their hatred for the party because of their belief that Tinubu is synonymous with corruption.Buhari might not be perfect but, he kept a virtual-clean record while in office. Tinubu on the other hand is one person the opposition would like to prosecute if truly he has his hand soiled as believed by most of us. But, the PDP led government is yet to find concrete evidence to put these two strong men of APC behind the bar.

It is high time we all put on our thinking caps and stop following bandwagons.We either have a choice to continue with PDP that has failed us for 14 years or embrace a change in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Olaolufred(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
solomon111: shut up abeg.
Why haven't APC implement these "agenda" in their states?
Why didn't APC lawmakers fight against the high salaries paid to lawmakers?
How many APC states have domesticated the FOI bill?
Is this the first time we are seeing "beautiful manifestos"?
Why didn't the APC lawmakers fight against the child marriage law?
Abeg,go and sleep.

You and many others have reasons not to believe in any new manifesto no matterow laudable it appears.
I can not blame you at all.
For one to see the years of IBB,ABACha,Abdusalam and the years eaten up by PDP-in which your eyes had seen untowards thing done to humanity in 21st century.
You have reasons to doubt any other manifesto.
But to get out of the mess, you must try other options. If your new option fails, you try another.
Don't do same thing same way and expect different result.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by roxell120(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
apc is the land of resurrected dead/failed politicians with failure laden vision. undecided
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Olaolufred(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
yorke1: Deceivers looking for who to deceive. Shame on APC

You mean People decieving people?

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by gebest: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALL WE ARE SAYING GIVE US LIGHT 4GET ABOUT MEGAWATTS
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by sirwilly1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
They're regrouping themselves for an election that will be next 2 yrs, while GEJ hasn't finished with his plans. Let's see their fate by then. #Ideylaugh
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ihimami: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
olaolufred

You should know that most of those against APC's are hired goons on Nairaland.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ladenz(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
123 simple as APC, as easy as do re mi APC 123 baby you and me girl. i haf tire

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by amakenny: 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Burger01: Thieves and terrorists!

sad
Not even the most hightec advanced countries can procure and distribute 40000MW of electricity between 4 and 8 years. APC has just opened its nyash as populated by people living on fantasies.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by greaterlove(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Details, details, details. Why is it that our politicians are very vague. To generate 40000mw you need about $40billion , they should tell us how that money will be raised in 4 years, our yearly budget is about $30b, 25% is what we have for capital projects. So are we going to borrow? Raise taxes? Or are there private companies that can invest that amount? We need more details, what are the bills they will send to the house, why is their present law makers not pushing those bills now so that we know this is what they stand for? How are they going to tackle corruption, what definite steps will be taken in the civil service, police, oil sector etc. Will they push for the passage of the P.I.B. bill? Please they should break it all down for us, we have the time to read, we don't need summary.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Desric(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
taharqa: 40,000MW bw 4 and 8 yrs? ie by 2023!!.... APC we no fit wait. We go pass, abeg. 7 out of d new NIPP Power Plants that wud supply about 5000MW (with inbuilt capacity to doubling it over time) hv just been totally completed and will be inaugurated soon, whilst same are already in d process of bn Privatised. Meanwhile, 5 Gencos (plus 2 others) and 10 Discos hv just bn Privatised this week in what is probably d Largest of such Power Privatisation and Reforms anywhere in d world. Etc, etc... We wud 1st see how far these Interesting Happenings lead us. Thnk you very mush
for over 13yrs now we've bn seeing your 'completion and soon to be inaugurated tactics, let's try a 4 to 8 yrs long period and see if it works this time. What is worth doing is worth doing very well.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by amakenny: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
NA today we don dey get theoretical megawatts? ??
Lol!!!! Theoritical Megawatts! That's a brilliant name for the deceptive APC talk.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Aarenaija: 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lagos is an example what they can do.
They will do facade development and mortgage Nigeria.
Share all Nigeria properties in the name of serving us and Public Private Partnership; Collect toll on all roads in Nigeria.
Power plant will be sold to themselves and make it work. Then Nigerians will pay through their nose.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Mexyz(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Oshiomhole is a progressive,pls smebdy shud ask him wat is he doing abt d streets in benin city? The last time i checked,benin city is always like river niger during raining season.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by roxell120(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
ihimami: olaolufred

You should know that most of those against APC's are hired goons on Nairaland.
hired by who? guy im on my own.dont be in the river and allow soap to stuck in ur eyes.I don shine my eyes wella and people around ne must hear my voice and see reasons. 14yrs is far too much for u to learn how to walk. my voters card is still dangling in my hands. GOD HELP JEGA.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Mexyz(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Edo state is d only niger delta state that does nt pay bursary to her indigenes. What re u doing wit all our money Oshiobaba? Seems u want studnts 4rm uniben,ekpoma,auchi nd d rest to lock dwn ur state b4 u answer us,we re certainly going to do dat.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by COOLDUN: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
jas_o:

You need not to bark in your incompetency. Your types are out there suffering from what they knew nothing about.
I've said it in this platform severally that-there are educated illiterates in our system and it requires intelligent to figure out my assertion.
My questions to you as poor Nigerian are as follow:
. Are you comfortable with the situation of things in the nation?
. Do you know what good governance is all about
. do you know your right as a citizen
. what are the basics responsibility of sensible government
. Do you have a graduate in your family still looking for job after graduating for the past 15 years
. does anyone from your family died of minor accident that ought to have been treated by the hospital if quickly access.
. Do you know the odious effect of poor state of our electricity in our economy.
. Lastly, for over 12 years of PDP in Nigeria - what impact have you got, and going by the day by day stealing and quantum of borrowing without commensurate effect on our system? should we now use this as set standard?
If you have not tried another person on a particular position there’s no way you can have transparent judgment on performance, in addition it would give a room for effective benchmarking.
4years of another party can be accepted for a try nor PDP.
Do you want to call 12 years of PDP as test running?

My dear you are very intelligent, your analyzing skills is amazing keep it up. I was a supporter and voted for the PDP from 1999 but i will be the last idioot to do so again. No one would like to see his child of 12yrs at the same stature.

Our Igbo people say in our proverb that if a woman marries two husbands, then she will know that one that really loves her nost. You cannot judge someone without trying him or her first. The APC members might be ex devils but i will give them a trial, as long as my vote remains my right, i will judiciously use it this time around.

We are good in complaining but very bad in taking action. Hence all of us are afraid of death, then the best thing is vote wisely in the next election, because ones bitten twice shy.

It is only a mad fellow that would be repeating one thing and would be expecting different results. When you criticize Pastors people will tell you not to judge, for you shall be judged, but when you criticize the APC members no one would caution you.

Many countries tried by voting in the opposition parties into power and things changed for good in their countries, e.g. Ghana, so why can't we try it as well? We claim to be the most civilized black nation but the wisdom and courage we don't have. Let the APC present a good candidate and let us give them a trial. If we could hopelessly wait for 16 yrs for the PDP , why can't we do such for only 4yrs to the opposition party? I am not a member of any party, but a legitimate voter's card carrier. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by texaco1: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
People are finally saying the truth about A C N and Apc ,which we have been saying all these while.the corruption going on in many APC state is better left imagined. Thank God people are starting to speak up,even fashola that people are hailing to be the best governor is now been attacked by lagosians for his anti masses policies.
The moment APC wins the presidency and which I know will and can never happen is the day nigeria will become the private company for tinubu and his followers
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Olaolufred(m): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
amakenny: Lol!!!! Theoritical Megawatts! That's a brilliant name for the deceptive APC talk.

I think the THEORETICAL MEGAwatt is a tool fabricated by PDP.
Remenber OBJ 16billion dollars managed to produce more darkness.
Brother, I got home 4pm today. I have run my gen for 2.5hrs now.
Have you ever seen someone who prefares gEn to power from national grid if not for frustration?
To arrive somewhere, we must take courage to step out oF where we are now.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ol2012: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
oshyno: How to do things has never been our problem. The bureaucratic bottlenecks occasioned by our weak institution are the problems. Is been long FG is trying to free up the space in electricity generation and distribution for investors to come in , but look at how long it has taken just to pay off the PHCN workers.

I wud like to hear how they intend to achieve that. Are they going to continue from where GEJ stopped( in that case GEJ is doing something right in that angle), or will they map out another way as is typical with Nigeria politicians- which always want to start their administration by pushing aside every policies and actions undertaken by their predecessors. They shud tell us how to achieve that. Else this is total hogwash.
God bless u bro. I totally agree wit u on d bolded. Wit d way d present govt is driving d power sector reforms, infact 40,000MW might be achieved in less dan 4yrs(once d private sector fully takes over d generation subsector of d power industry) We al ar witnesses 2 how our country moved from 1/2 a million phone lines(under NITEL) 2 several million lines after a few yrs. If dey tel us how they intend 2 achieve 40,000 in 4-8yrs, I believe Nigerians would av a basis 2 compare them wit d present govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kidnaps About 16 Women In Adamawa / Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement / Nigeria Can Defeat B’haram, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.