Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains (15335 Views)

PHOTO: Power Situation Worsens As Nigeria Loses 2,000MW To Gas Shortage / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by texaco1: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
ol2012: God bless u bro. I totally agree wit u on d bolded. Wit d way d present govt is driving d power sector reforms, infact 40,000MW might be achieved in less dan 4yrs(once d private sector fully takes over d generation subsector of d power industry) We al ar witnesses 2 how our country moved from 1/2 a million phone lines(under NITEL) 2 several million lines after a few yrs. If dey tel us how they intend 2 achieve 40,000 in 4-8yrs, I believe Nigerians would av a basis 2 compare them wit d present govt.
There are 2 reasons why they can't tell you how
1)They have no intention of doing all that they have said
2)They don't even know how to do it because they have no idea,just like the first comment on this thread "talk is cheap"
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by vanunu: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
These old men are talking rubbish, what do they take Nigerians for, imagine, producing 40,000MW. Three Gorges Dam, built by China was started in 1994 and was fully completed by the year 2012. It can only generate 22,500MW. the planning for the Dam started as far back as 1932.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
vanunu: These old men are talking rubbish, what do they take Nigerians for, imagine, producing 40,000MW. Three Gorges Dam, built by China was started in 1994 and was fully completed by the year 2012. It can only generate 22,500MW. the planning for the Dam started as far back as 1932.

It could be the APC plans to encourage massive investments in multiple power plants/dams.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
k2039: My take is simple.

Talk is cheap.
they scored zero! All i patiently read D trash 4 was one word- INDUSTRILIZATION. Pointless, D power sector is already kicking up. D truth is that If we have up to 10000MW we cant exhuast it with or whn there is effective transmisson. D whites who did 4500mw plant of electricity knew it would suffice if only we were ready to finish D process of electricity use. Wht nigeria also need is strong power delivery aftr production. We have poor poles, bad transformer, overloaded transformer and lot. I think there is stepup transfomer so can get suffice soon. Apart frm 40,000MW in gd 8yrs, there is nthing promising there. Even to Much needed agricultural revamping was stated how it will start. We ppl use electricity plant hectares of rice, to harvest or to maintain D farm. Other many issues untreated, but to hook on almost ready made power.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by rhames(m): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
we have heard this over and over.please tell Tinubu and these old men to let Nigerians be. They were a bunch of disappointments when they took the reins of power.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by atlwireles: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
After, reading all the comments here, my soul is at peace. Nigerians have begun to think with their heads. Nothing is wrong with 40,000MW in 4-8 years, but as most people have already said, TALK IS CHEAP.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by amakenny: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tunjman:

It is high time we all put on our thinking caps and stop f 2015.
The leaders of any political party drive the direction of the party when it is in power. Leaders of APC are seen by many as not having any good intention for Nigeria, other than grabbing apex polittical power to pursue extreme religious agenda as well as to load their private bank accounts. Your new breed APC governors can only follow the direction of the party' leadership. The followership of APC leaders in some sections of the country have severally unleashed violence on Nigerians, incluuding on NYSC members. So unless religious extrremists from all sides of Nigeria, no peace loving Nigerian can take what APC preaches with a pinch of salt. One other thing is that Nigerians are not suffering from amnesia. They know that some group in Nigeria has a disdain for democracy. They know that APC dance steps suggest that it is dancing to consign apex leadership in Nigeria to known haters of democratic rule, who if given the power, MUST CEASE IT FINALLY EITHER THROUGH CIVILIAN DICTATORSHIP, OR EVEN WORSE, MILITARY RULE.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by deeptesting(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
The difference between a politician and a statesman is that a politician thinks about the next election while the statesman think about the next generation”
― Hillary Rodham Clinton
#Donttakedemserious

They are just thinking about the next election.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nothing about education sector! Too bad
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by nelklyn(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
My vote still remains in my breast pocket. For GEJ to even get it, he has to tell me HOW he intends to achieve whatever he proposes to do come 2015 and the HOWs has to be viable. Whether PDP, APC or PDPAPC all na the same thing. NOT CONVINCED

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nazirano(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nw i can see d whitemen whr rite wit d sayin "black man black sense" if nigerians dat had suffer in the hands of dis bloodsucking party (pdp) nd re suppose to b pushing 4 change, are here saying all dis rubbish, i tink we re nt ready for change in dis country. i rather give change a chance than to vote d same no gud assholes. ASUU re still on strike just because dis same idiots couldnt fulfil an agreement dey reached with ASUU, do u tink Pdp had anything to offer all dis years nd has nt done it, GEJ IS LIKE WENGER, HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: this is the same party that has tom ikimi that served under ibb. They didnt add even 1kva to national grid ,audu ogbe was pdp chairman during obj period how many kva did they add to the national grid? El rufai also attended fec meetings with obj as a pdp memeber,what of achike udenwa who did six years as governor in imo state as a pdp member these are some of the strong men of apc who for more than 10 years were pdp members.but today this same people would open their mouth and say pdp has ruled for 14 years without achieving nothing.while they were part and parcel of that 14 years rule.most of the formal corrupt pdp governors,ministers senators and house of rep members that misruled nigeria are now the leaders of the so called progressive.but in 2015 they would find out that nigerians are no fools
true talk. All wht they were point out was power. D almost ready power supply. Is that wht all aspiring nigerian leaders knw of. Since Jona came, travelling made easy in nigeria, going to two lanes in major ways, good polictal election transparency which APC can and will never gaurante like in Edo State LG election. Local police and independent INEC in state will be as a dog, which hear D whistle of D master only, i.e they will be use by incubent power to manipulate.. So they are dead on arrival!
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
HOTWATER: Let Lagos provide common water for Lagosians , then and only then can we attempt to listen to them .
No mind them, they are waiting for Jonathan.

Mtcheewww
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Toktee(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Now i don d see the negative side of ASUU strike,majority of the coments here does not make any sense at all,it all emanate frum the frustration you guys are suffering from Jonathan gvt,but u cannot say the truth,how many times ASUU go on strike during buhari ara as a military head of state,hw many times during ibb nd abacha,some of you xtians south are more fanical than muslim north,you know how to castigate without profaring solution,check the posts frm the top to d end only critics without solution,i pity una generation
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by 1009ja: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
The Nasarawa state governor shot his state down for a couple of weeks while to packed his top government officials to the United States to the wedding extravaganza of his son. The Nasarawa state is reported to have lost over N1.5B (one and half billion naira) for that event. That governor is a "progressive" member of the APC. Bola AHmed Tinibu, former governor of Lagos state is a top chieftain of APC. He looted billions of dollars from Lagos and hasn't stoppped. All AC governors report finacially to him. His wife is a senator. Under AC, there is no primary, you go where Tinubu wants you to go. That is why we have a bunch of "area boys" he put in the Lagos house of assembly and the Lagos national assembly delegation at NASS. Buhari might be the siver lining in this "progressive" APC thing. But Buhari is too tribalistic to represent the interst of all Nigerians. 40,000MW between four and eight years. That tells me nothing. That is no goal setting. Between four and eight eight years tells me APC is just rambling.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by cannonnier(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
unmask: in 2007 lagos state organised a governorship debate with about 7 or so aspirants....and each brought out articulated reasons and well researched items to the fore on the ways to move the state forward.....they all impressed, but fashola was picked and I am sure most that voted him in havent regretted their decision.....now fashola isnt apc and I cant vouch for the rest of apc.....but if your decision not to vote for them is bordered on religion or tribe.....then you are worse than our politicians.....Jonathan was invited to a national debate, instead he chose to talk to the youth representative (dbanj)......and still we dont wonder......I am not campaigning for apc.....I just know we can do far far better than GEJ.....even the senior prefect of my school then had more leadership nous than GEJ has exhibited so far
GBAM

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Dtwoabbey(m): 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goddex: . . . and how many Megawatts did Bisi Akande add as governor of Osun?
These clowns are making mockery of themselves again.
He he he he he he . . .
I wonder o, no be one of them dey oyo state. when he was asked why he no fulfil his electoral promises, he said na electoral talk be dat and not compulsory to fulfil any of them. So all talk talk wey dey for top might not be real o, it might just be electoral talk as them don dey talk am before. God dey o. Ofcourse APC na good party but. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .hun un un un un un un un.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
unmask: in 2007 lagos state organised a governorship debate with about 7 or so aspirants....and each brought out articulated reasons and well researched items to the fore on the ways to move the state forward.....they all impressed, but fashola was picked and I am sure most that voted him in havent regretted their decision.....now fashola isnt apc and I cant vouch for the rest of apc.....but if your decision not to vote for them is bordered on religion or tribe.....then you are worse than our politicians.....Jonathan was invited to a national debate, instead he chose to talk to the youth representative (dbanj)......and still we dont wonder......I am not campaigning for apc.....I just know we can do far far better than GEJ.....even the senior prefect of my school then had more leadership nous than GEJ has exhibited so far
Imbeciil
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
This bunch of recurrent cancers should go and find something better doing and not playing on our psyche.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
publisher: I just have a few questions; how does APC intend to fund it's 40000mega watts project?
I didn't hear about any concrete plans to diversify the Nigerian economy in the areas of Agriculture, Tourism, mining etc.

Most APC states in the South-west are cocoa producers, how come we still dont have made in Nigeria CHOCOLATES? We still import Mars, Bounty, Snickers etc...are they waiting for Federal govt?
It is from little things like manufacturing 'chocolates' that we know those that can achieve bigger things if given the opportunity and resources.

PDP turned non-oil producing Crossrivers state into a tourist haven.

PDP turned an okada riddin,dog eating city of Uyo into an upcoming world class city.

PDP/APGA created an environment that gave birth to an indigenous car assembling and manufacturing industry in Anambra.

So,outside Lagos that enjoyed an infrastructural headstart as federal capital during Nigeria's oil boom years, what does APC have to show? Roundabouts in Benin city? Or a 200 meter flyover bridge in Ibadan?

Me am just saying o.
Until we mistakinly elect Apc we will know we have stepped on Aboki shiit

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
killuminati: God pls gih me APC
Head ache dey worry you?
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by abrat: 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by dfav: 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
The fact that GEJ is a slow poke doesn't mean we need a more evil devil called APC 2 come and talk nonsense. ..

This is a sign that APC is a big failure waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by SuperDan1: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
*e b like say they want to tell us another story again ooo, e be like say they want to act another movie again oooo*
Singing in 2face voice

APC you thieves and terrorists cannot fool all nigerians all the time.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by nigflue: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
So many promise in the pass. Let's see what will happen after 2015.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by deeptesting(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Politicians like to tell people what they want to hear - and what they want to hear is what won't happen.
Paul Samuelson
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
vanunu: These old men are talking rubbish, what do they take Nigerians for, imagine, producing 40,000MW. Three Gorges Dam, built by China was started in 1994 and was fully completed by the year 2012. It can only generate 22,500MW. the planning for the Dam started as far back as 1932.
Oh my Gaaaad.

May God bless your " hard work" during this cold weather with TRIPLETS.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by rman: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
The same people that voted for an untested candidate a few years ago are now asking for evidence of service delivery from APC.

I am glad we now want candidates that have a track record for performance, how I wish this same parameter was considered when we voted in GEJ.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by mbhs139(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: this is the same party that has tom ikimi that served under ibb. They didnt add even 1kva to national grid ,audu ogbe was pdp chairman during obj period how many kva did they add to the national grid? El rufai also attended fec meetings with obj as a pdp memeber,what of achike udenwa who did six years as governor in imo state as a pdp member these are some of the strong men of apc who for more than 10 years were pdp members.but today this same people would open their mouth and say pdp has ruled for 14 years without achieving nothing.while they were part and parcel of that 14 years rule.most of the formal corrupt pdp governors,ministers senators and house of rep members that misruled nigeria are now the leaders of the so called progressive.but in 2015 they would find out that nigerians are no fools

Very sensible and eye opening post. I never knew this all along.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Longeria(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
Toktee: Now i don d see the negative side of ASUU strike,majority of the coments here does not make any sense at all,it all emanate frum the frustration you guys are suffering from Jonathan gvt,but u cannot say the truth,how many times ASUU go on strike during buhari ara as a military head of state,hw many times during ibb nd abacha,some of you xtians south are more fanical than muslim north,you know how to castigate without profaring solution,check the posts frm the top to d end only critics without solution,i pity una generation
silence is best answer to a fooooooooool like you.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by AdeniyiA(m): 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
progressives this...progressives that.... abegiiiii,
who go claim of being a retrogressive ....? mtscheeeew
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by mapet: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pray, tell me how he's on course? power drops by 40% today, rises by 35% next month only to drop by another 45% month after next. Are you sold on "we are building power stations", that had been in the process since the days of Obasanjo, yet nothing meaningful is coming out of it? I know you lots are ethnically and Religiousity sentimental that you are ready to stake your future with a confused man, than an articulate and innovative one.......well your luck.....
Okija_juju:

As far as Power generation|Distribution goes, Jonathan is very much on course..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Daughter Leaked PHOTOS / Adeyeye: Why I Dumped PDP For APC / No Crude Oil Found In Bida Basin Yet - Baru, NNPC GMD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.