Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains (15331 Views)

PHOTO: Power Situation Worsens As Nigeria Loses 2,000MW To Gas Shortage / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by fxbot: 10:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Bastard, what did Lucky Igbinedion do while there.

Nigeria will never change... We are doomed because fools like you out-number forward thinking individuals.

Osho baba has shown your dead brain that there is money in Edo state when you master painted a picture of 'no money'

the response on this thread son far shows that WE ARE DOOMED!

I wish I could kill a lot of people with a gun.
Mexyz: Oshiomhole is a progressive,pls smebdy shud ask him wat is he doing abt d streets in benin city? The last time i checked,benin city is always like river niger during raining season.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by specialmati(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2013
if they can do all this,let them start doing it now under this present admistrastion.nigerians are tired of promises
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by fxbot: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2013
Shut up and what did lucky igbinedion do while there?

This man has tried enough... Why can't you people appreciate the little he has done? Tell me any governor or president that can solve the WHOLE problems that has besieged the entire state in a tenure? Tell me, even your father
Mexyz: Edo state is d only niger delta state that does nt pay bursary to her indigenes. What re u doing wit all our money Oshiobaba? Seems u want studnts 4rm uniben,ekpoma,auchi nd d rest to lock dwn ur state b4 u answer us,we re certainly going to do dat.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by sage2(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Goddex: Did they mean 40,000 bombs
for their boys in Yobe and Borno?

The last I checked, only PDP states of Akwa Ibom and Rivers are generating and adding to the national greed.

The government house on the Plateau does not run on PHCN. It runs on NESCO. This company has been generating and distributing electricity to some parts of the Jos Plateau since the advent of Tin mining.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by mrjingles(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2013
This debate is IRRELEVANT! Forget about the costs and viability of 40k MW in 4-8 yrs (NOT possible by the way) The power sector PRIVATIZATION is almost done, so any politician promising any kind of megawatt going forward is a fraudster from another planet. Those guys cant even promise 1mw! the reason is simple, by the time privatization is complete Govt NO LONGER build power plants so how can anybody promise anything? Just imagine a candidate coming to promise x number of new phone lines in 2 years or CBN governor promising x number of banks in 3 years, any smart person will know its rubbish and laughable. That is exactly what these chaps are doing, promising metrics on a process they have NO CONTROL over. Except they want to take nigeria back to where we are trying to run away from.

I am not a supporter of any political movement but with all due respect these guys must be smoking some very hard stuff or they are from another galaxy or they maybe they think they engaged in time travel to 1979 but they should be laughed out of the room. Its ridiculous. People shouldn't bother asking them how they plan to do it,but ask ARE YOU GUYS OK?

3 Likes

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Vavavoom(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2013
Iolo: 1. You can't have 40,000MW in 4 years...not even in 8 years...our gas infrastructure would need to be upgraded, we woul need to build a lot more power plants, expand our distribution network to support the extra power. It's very unlikely we'd be able to afford all this (1,000MW costs approx $1bn).

I think at this stage in our political climate, we should have technocrat politicians. Give us how you intend achieving what you want to achieve rather than make blanket statements...the APC has said nothing of its proposed budget structure (e.g what % of the budget to go to power for it to meet its 40000MW target), how many plants it intends to build and all that..basically this same issue affects all the other things they are proposing.

My finding is that good intentions may lead to good policies, but not necessarily good leadership...the thing is that a lot of politicians find that without having made concrete plans on those blanket statements they make...they find that the situation on ground is a lot different than what they envisaged.

You hit it right there...firsthand experience narrows the gap between idealism and reality. If I were at the helm of the APC hierachy my push would be consolidating and achieving future targets in my current domains first then push for it at a national level after proper consolidation must have set in. This will be easier to sell on a national level than just mere promises. They wouldn't need to campaign to Nigerians if one of the APC states can be shown to enjoy stable electricity for a period of say, 6 months! ACTIONABLE REALISTIC BLUEPRINT is what will sway Nigerians not talk. Talk is what PDP has been doing, we need to move from that...

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by jaso1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ all,
I am not selfish if i say religion is our biggest problem in this country nor am I a coward to say ethnicity method in a way we attend to our national challenges play major role in drawing us back as a country.
The quality of a leadership has to do with bearing fact on antecedent of whoever present himself for the post. Though party manifesto will help to oil the wheel of progressive project which would be directed by whom we all elected to lead us.
We have all failed in aforementioned yardstick and this is directly making life difficult for us all.
Pastors in our churches know that- If Nigeria is alright today, number of people who come to church and be asking what God has already given to him but greedily and selfishly acquired by selfish individual will reduce. our pastors also know that- a questionable wealth is the source of their living. We are the problem of ourselves, imagine somebody going to church and be asking God for job when Job can only be created by sensible government in wealth of vibrant economy.
On the side of tribe, take a critical look at what is gaining limelight in the media for almost a month now, Lagos Vs. Anambra (Yoruba Vs. Igbo)over who own Lagos. This is nothing but tribalistic sentiment and this also override quality in Nigerians way of choosing leadership. We still have the time to select most decent among the rogue since we youth have admitted that we are incompetent. This is why unrepentant rogue will come out publicly and claim ownership of stolen goods and subsequently declare that the owner will consequently go to hell fire.
I know we are all in it together and we should be ready to be stone on the street by certain generation at a particular time in this country.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Noraokon: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
What do you expect from confused characters ?
Alxmyr: There are shhould be innovative thinkers within them.
This is not manifesto.
This is copy and paste. This is what PDP said they are doing and yet there are so much bottleneck and corruption.
APC need to go back to the drawing board and give us something innovative.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by mamula: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS MENACE IS JUST TO ELIMINATE POLITICIANS WHO I READ ABOUT IN SOCIAL STUDIES WHEN I WAS STILL IN PRIMARY SCHOOL I.E ALL PAST LEADERS
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by porka: 12:27am On Aug 24, 2013
Danhumprey: Talk is cheap! When they get to power,they would realize that to generate even just 10MW is not easy. And to cover up their failure,they would start manufacturing one excuse or the other! Let them wake up and face facts!

Ala Enron project by the Lagos State government.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by porka: 12:38am On Aug 24, 2013
mendaymi: see them Aro student,Yaba left applicant , when u said they can not tell us how to generate 40,000MW I taught you have sense not untill you type rubbish, see opposition party can never tell you how to make thing right now, because of the timing and is like giving their glory to the ruling party or are u a dump? Oh sorry I remember Aro and Yaba left

Is it that they don't want their Oga at the top to come and tell us another thing later?
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by porka: 12:50am On Aug 24, 2013
Instead of these APC guys to talk about their core area of strength, i.e. flyovers, traffic maintenance and environmental sanitation (apology to Labaran Maku)they are mentioning 40,000mw.

What did they learn from the Enron (mis)adventure?

More than 10 years have passed and no single watt was generated from that.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by ronsijeff: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2013
This is still the same old story APC is so desperate to get into Aso Rock in 2015. Shame GEJ 2015.

1 Like

Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by amakenny: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
APC spokesperson or so, read between the lines. Even the most hightech and economically advanced countries of the world cannot produce 40KMW of electricity in 4 to 8 years, talkless Nigeria. That's the crux of the debate here.
mapet: I think many of these poster are just intellectually juvenile, or intellectually Lazy.

1. First off, how do you expect Akande to real-out the "how" in a press conference, 2years away from election? are you guys that daft? what are the series of upcoming debates for? Did any of the press men at the conference press for further clarification and did not get it?

2. I am of the opinion that less than 5% of the "talk is cheap" bandwagon regurgitating fellows did not even read the report. Few of you are asking how they will generate 40,000 Megawatts in 4-8yers, saying it is impossible and other balderdash......point it why don't you participate in many of the up coming engagement fora and debate sessions to puncture these supposition. Fact it, it's possible to generate the target within the time frame. the manifestor had given posers ranging from coal, wind and other alternative sources, fund is as available as the quality of your blue-print and returns to investors.

3. Are we that shallow in our imagination that we cannot connect the nexus between the consequence of stemming corruption, downsizing the burgeon and overweight government and officials, peace in the Niger delta and North to avalible funding, investment clime, industrialization etc.

4. Well I know our brothers from the East seemingly want to continue with Jonathan. Suit yourselves, but pray you don't loose out as Jonathan is going to loose....
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by djustice: 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
OrangeHokage: you are so dumb it's a shame

And you're so stupid, it's a travesty you actually have a brain cell between your ears, even if it's just one. What has he said that is not true? Oloshi, amunisin, akotileta.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 23, 2013
jas_o:

You need not to bark in your incompetency. Your types are out there suffering from what they knew nothing about.
I've said it in this platform severally that-there are educated illiterates in our system and it requires intelligent to figure out my assertion.
My questions to you as poor Nigerian are as follow:
. Are you comfortable with the situation of things in the nation?
. Do you know what good governance is all about
. do you know your right as a citizen
. what are the basics responsibility of sensible government
. Do you have a graduate in your family still looking for job after graduating for the past 15 years
. does anyone from your family died of minor accident that ought to have been treated by the hospital if quickly access.
. Do you know the odious effect of poor state of our electricity in our economy.
. Lastly, for over 12 years of PDP in Nigeria - what impact have you got, and going by the day by day stealing and quantum of borrowing without commensurate effect on our system? should we now use this as set standard?
If you have not tried another person on a particular position there’s no way you can have transparent judgment on performance, in addition it would give a room for effective benchmarking.
4years of another party can be accepted for a try nor PDP.
Do you want to call 12 years of PDP as test running?

I don't normally involve myself with Nigeria politics but the highlighted above discredit everything you have written just when I was almost buying your ideas.

Lagos State said it has improved health care and commissioned numerous "state of the art" medical facilities. But Tinubu went abroad to fix an ordinary broken kneel cap.

That is absurd, and the height of hypocrisy when you cannot eat your own cooking.

And to think that the APC is any different from the PDP, SMH Nah!! that's unbelievable. They are all one and the same politicians.

I'm sorry I'll pass.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 23, 2013
killuminati: God pls gih me APC

Eyah see as your body dey hot. sad

You really need APC
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 23, 2013
I'm not a fan of Nigeria politicians but my vote will go like this in an order of precedence.

* Fashola / Buhari = No vote

* Fashola / Ribadu = Vote

* Fashola / Unknown Political Figure (UPF) = Vote

Jonathan / Akpabio = Vote

Jonathan / UPF = Vote

Jonathan / Known Political Figure (KPF) = No Vote

...The list continues but anything short of these candidates from both the APC and PDP, I'll shred my voters card and pass. grin

Buhari as read is a good man but the reason why I won't vote for him or any KPF is because they have held Government offices in the past but they didn't change much.

You only eat your cake once right? wink

N.B: This is my personal opinion, and I didn't ask for yours.

Thank you in advance for your discretion grin
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 23, 2013
cannonnier:
GBAM

Stop hitting the table please, I'm reading.
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 23, 2013
mendaymi: Am not suprise about some comments against APC, democratically Nigerians are not there,some people lack political cuture, but Nairaland is free,so people just type and post without thinking knowing that they can edit and type again,I pity your unborn child because if you can't fight for changes now,who will ? Most of you are here typing words from you foot not your brain,it just simple when pdp has ruling for 14 years they can not fix Nigeria Power problem other party than want power need to come out with political will to defeat PDP,so where ever people sees that PDP has fails us they will work on it,give to people and use it to gain power,the is what we should be expecting as electorate,the competetion amongs political party is divided of democracy to the people,some said most of the APC members are ex-PDP,forgeting personality is not party manifestos,even if you have good will to serve people like GEJ the party you belong will dictate your acions and moves.ok think of this the governor of Ogun state was an ex-PDP but he perfoming because he must,under 2 years his acheivement is awesome compare to formal governor from pdp,come 2015 GEJ will never win in my region SW, because PDP Govt has failed us in the region and we change them and things are working for us here, cann you say that of your region?

[b]I think you're getting our expressions wrong.

No one is saying they won't vote for the APC. What we are saying is that we have heard these promises before from the same old PDP politicians who only ported to the APC.

We will vote for the best candidates, that's all.

And BTW how sure are you that the APC will do any good, are you one of the politicians?

How many state of the art health care centres was commissioned in Lagos?

Why didn't Tinubu patronise his commissioned hospitals to amend an ordinary broken kneel cap?

I'm still in Post graduate Med school but i can perform a Patellofemoral Surgery in less than 20 mins. It's that minor.

The PDP is bad and evil yet the APC tried to adopt their "rebel Governors" into their righteous party.

Are these the "progressives" you expect Nigerians to embrace in the 21st century?

Please all Nigerians are not stu.pid but unfortunately some are. We need these politicians to lead us by example, enough of the politics already.
[/b]
Re: APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2013
You guys don't know how happy I am reading this thread.

Nigerians have woken up and can now smell the coffee. grin grin We are ready to challenge these old politicians whether from the APC or PDP, they must be accountable. Period grin grin

No sane Nigerian will vote these Old unrepentant politicians in our modern age of technology.

How many of them know how to operate a computer? No wonder they prefer running Nigeria in the old fashion way they understand. File and paper grin grin

Who still uses files and papers ni tori olohun? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Appeal Court Reinstates All APC Candidates In Rivers State / Name Your Alleged Abductors, Marafa Tells Saraki / Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.