Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104278 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maingwaest(f): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
Love the colour combo, to me this is a hit. @ OP, u look delicious.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Dannylux: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2014
Adaeze003:
I can't fault this... the dress is nice, the detail on the back is just darling.

The shoe is kul n that's the trick about mixing bold colors, one has to be toned down... you look nice, I applaud your courage.

Maybe I'll post mine next grin

Adaeze and Fashion, hope You'll be attending the Oath-Taking ceremony? Tony told me.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nice work Luxanne! U know wassup. I can understand d white on the purse, we don't all have the celebrity wardrobe with one color in different shades. If u know wat i mean. #Hot!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2014
mmmm.......

well well

hello luxanne.

nice pic.

but....

i have to be blunt grin

I love the dress and the fact that it is well fitted but i don't like that bow at the back. it just seems very odd

do you usually take pictures? cuz i don't seem to be impressed with the posture of the first pic esp.

like dre11 said u shouldn't have let your hair flow to the front but rather to the back or even packed it to the back.

i love the shoes hate the purse esp that white part.

in all you look beautiful

7/10 smiley

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Okay.

Thanks y'all for your comments

where is Glamsquard?

Anyways the verdict will be coming up soon smiley

thanks do much luxanne for at least keeping this thread alive a bit grin

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Awww, i'm a sucker for any dress that features a bow. Lovely outfit. Not sure I like the hair in the second pic. Looks odd and messy. Overall, I love your dress. Did I say I love your dress? Yes I love your dress grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:14am On Dec 19, 2014
VERDICT

Thanks again luxanne for the picture.

Thanks to everyone who contributed I appreciate.

So what do I have to say to this beautiful fashionista wink
Please do not take any comments said here personal we are all here to learn

From the comments above I have come up with the following

The good cheesy
Beautiful dress so well fitted and lovely colour combo. smiley

Shoes lovely. Me likey cheesy

Make up perfecto wink

The not so good sad

Well out of the numerous comments on this post grin just a few people pointed out some flaws

Clutch: okay the colour is cool but that white part seem to be a bit off. But anyways apart from that it ain't that bad. So letting you pass on this smiley

Hair :mmmm....well the hair isn't bad but the way it looked and the way you put or set not sure of the appropriate word but you should understand what I m trying to say grin looks a bit odd. Maybe instead of letting it fall maybe just pack it sideways or something you know give it that special look.

Sorry sis I will have to fine you for the hair sad

In all you look lovely and I appreciate your courage smiley

NEXT PIC PLEASE!!

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Who wore it better?

I have two gorgeous ladies here.

we have the lovely first lady of U.S Michelle obama and Mrs coolney.

who do you think wore it better?

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Its a lovely, fiery dress and works well on both ladies. But Mrs Obama did it better- her low cut, updo hair keeps all focus on the dress. The one-sided off shoulder is sexy, and the way she carries the skirt, like royalty. She's in charge of the outfit mehn! Amal wears the dress too easy, only love the part where her legs show. I think!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Would have gone with Amal but the hair turned me off. The dress already demands attention, no need letting your hair loose and fall all over your shoulders. Its distracting. I'll rather go with Michelle then

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 1:10am On Dec 20, 2014
Thanks y'all for your compliments, the good ones of course tongue grin

@Dre11 and Bluelover - its aii u not liking the white on the clutch. Its just me, I love colors and can decide to go cray with them damning the reactions. I've once won 2 colors of shoe on each foot (red on one foot and green on the other) out for an event and trust me, I got complimented big time grin shoes had same designs tho and @Bluelover, you mean you find the bow on that dress inappropriate? shocked oh well, its what you don't like I guess, so its aii and abot my pose? Hmm, aii as well.

@Adaeze003, uh-huh. We await your pic next grin wink

@Maingwaest, Zoelife Mitchyy, thanks babes grin wink

@Joywendy, thank you too and I accept to be fined on that hairdo grin instead of my long hair, a bun would be very much appropriate on my outfit given its turtle-knecked sorta with plenty of attention, so I accept fine, LoL.

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 1:25am On Dec 20, 2014
@Pic,

Nice, Nice, Nice. Ladies both rocked that dress real good. I like the no jewelry, cept for their earrings, decision on the outfit, dress already had so much attention, hence no need to share it.

And that's where Michelle killed it cuz her hairdo on the dress is perfect.

But wait a min, is that a veil on their arms? What for? angry
And where is clooney? Why didn't he snap with amal just as obama did with michelle grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by dre11(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2014
Both ladies wore the style good, just that the assessories on the cloths makes one better than the other

What do I mean,
The hair style makes me give it to Mrs Obama and not Mrs Coolney,
I also love how creative Mrs Coolney style was and trying to show us the assess she possess, that's her leg. (she got lovely legs there).

Both dresses fit the occasion which they wore it for.
So am split btw two decisions of choosing Mrs Obama for her simplicity and hair do and Mrs Coolney for her daring style which shows her assess.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Speak2klein: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
Have you guys heard of a new online store that sells just shoes? I bought a pair of sneakers from them. Parmz.com[color=#000099][/color]
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2014
luxanne:
Thanks y'all for your compliments, the good ones of course tongue grin

Bluelover - its aii u not liking the white on the clutch. Its just me, I love colors and can decide to go cray with them damning the reactions. I've once won 2 colors of shoe on each foot (red on one foot and green on the other) out for an event and trust me, I got complimented big time grin shoes had same designs tho and @Bluelover, you mean you find the bow on that dress inappropriate? shocked oh well, its what you don't like I guess, so its aii and abot my pose? Hmm, aii as well.
@BOLD shocked shocked what the fûck? are you serious?

babez you don't expect me to believe that grin

why the surprise? or are you hurt? tongue

my opinion though wink

@pic I'm going for amal pls she wore it better that michelle.
michelle wore it like a queen while amal wore it like a slut. grin

Obviously the slut always wins lipsrsealed undecided
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
luxanne dear you are welcome smiley

lol @ amal and George clooney.

the pic is actually a bit old not recent.
she wasn't Mrs clooney then.

yes that's a veil with Michelle. what for? good question grin

speak2klein pls there are rules on this thread and forum. no advert here, pls edit u post if you don't want to receive a ban. thanks.

dre11 exactly my thoughts.
quite hard to choose between them both. they both styled it differently.

just two more comments and the verdict will be given smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
I have to give it to Amal... Minus the hair tho.

Mrs Obama's dress seems ill fitted, the off the shoulder "feature" looks like the dress is falling off. Look at both pics, the right fell in the first pic n the left in the next. Dunno if I was the only one that saw that.
Then, what is the shawl thingy for?

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
since no comment again i will give the verdict.

VERDICT

we have 3 votes for michelle and 2 votes for amal so
of course our winner is

Michelle Obama cheesy better luck next time Amal.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS

THIS WILL BE THE LAST PICTURE FOR YEAR 2014.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
SO NOW

i thank everyone for their contributions throughout this thread though we had some setbacks and all. we still stayed and kept this thread alive.

Anyways to make this thread more lively and interesting in 2015.

i would like to hear your suggestions what you think can be done to make this thread more fun and lively then if you have any complains of how things are run here you can also talk about it. if you think the rules need changing or if u have problems with how the verdicts are taken etc

Be sincere and be blunt as you can.
i would like to hear them all,

p.s pls don't quote this post to avoid spamming people's mentions. if you must pls crop out the names below. Those listed below are active members of this thread and i know we have some silent watchers grin

Your name mustn't be on the list for you to make your comment.

Thanks very much
waiting for your comments smiley

cc
GLAMSQUARD
Luxanne
Phema
Adaeze003
thatgurlvixen
mimicue
Zoelife
Mitchyy
maxiflexi
melissaray
missyetty
Humbledbygrace
fashionista4eva
andromida
merit12
edykul
smilingazor
fashionair
adet991
Ariyke
tandj
mspee
sweettease
Lawerence14
Nimen
dre11
onegig
bluelover
Dermalcarotene

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
bluelover:

@BOLD shocked shocked what the fûck? are you serious?

babez you don't expect me to believe that grin

why the surprise? or are you hurt? tongue

my opinion though wink

You best believe that, aint kidding grin

Nah, wasnt hurt, was just surprised. Like u said and I concur, its ur opinion.

Season's Greetings smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
joywendy:
luxanne dear you are welcome smiley

lol @ amal and George clooney.

the pic is actually a bit old not recent.
she wasn't Mrs clooney then.

yes that's a veil with Michelle. what for? good question grin

Oh, okay then grin

And about suggestions on how to make this thread more lively and fun,

I wanna say this first, personally, I enjoyed how this thread went, the rules, verdicts, comments, having guys talk about ladies fashion sense amongst us, that was so cool - keep it up guys wink

That said, I'l like to suggest, we not only limit the pictures to females alone, we could do a female celeb now and then male celebs next and maybe even kids as well, let's diversify fashion police.

Secondly, let's celebrate Africa. By scrutinizing celebs (nigerian or foreign) in african attires and not just english wears as we've been doing.

Finally, I think once in a while, we can assemble an outfit (a dress maybe) and then we all take turns to write out how we would love to wear that dress and with what just to know our dress sense and also learn new ways to dress classy - this shud be fun.

My 2 cents for now, I got something else to add lerra, would do so.

Season's Greetings E'ryone smiley

4 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
***double post***
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
cheesy

LOVELY SUGGESTIONS Luxanne!

i appreciate alot.

i actually love the idea of the African attire though i m not a big fan of it (asin i hardly wear it and hardly know much about it) but its actual cool and the kiddies stuff too.

The problem is getting pictures for all this is the difficult part even the guy celebs too.

i tried once searching for a pics of male celebs i just couldn't find something that i could put on the thread for dissecting grin or maybe i wasn't searching the right places.

maybe we could all think of ways to get pictures for the thread.

waiting for more suggestions or criticisms as the case maybe.

smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
no more comments?
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Edykul(f): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Happy Christmas to you all..Though I started followin dis thread late,but I observed that most of the pictures we hv here are photos of women.So I would suggest pictures of men be displayed here too.Tanks all.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
Lets try having a period which a picture can be uploaded, commented on and a verdict given. For example if its a picture every week, a picture every three days, so that we won't get bored waiting for verdicts and such...

When i joined i asked if it was a ladies thingy, because all i saw was female fashion. I like the children fashion idea someone brought up, and male fashion pleasssssse.

I love this thread oo i may not be a fashionista, but i can learn to, so make una no kill am oo

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nimen:
Lets try having a period which a picture can be uploaded, commented on and a verdict given. For example if its a picture every week, a picture every three days, so that we won't get bored waiting for verdicts and such...

When i joined i asked if it was a ladies thingy, because all i saw was female fashion. I like the children fashion idea someone brought up, and male fashion pleasssssse.

I love this thread oo i may not be a fashionista, but i can learn to, so make una no kill am oo

@bold so on point!!!

you took the words outta my mouth.

i think that those in charge need to add other people to assist them in taken the verdicts or assign someone among all of us every week who would put up a picture here.

what do you want to see in male fashion? how to wear shirt and tie or what?

na only to wear top and wear jeans or trouser. just make sure you ain't looking like a rainbow or a lunatic.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
bluelover:

@bold so on point!!!

you took the words outta my mouth.

i think that those in charge need to add other people to assist them in taken the verdicts or assign someone among all of us every week who would put up a picture here.

what do you want to see in male fashion? how to wear shirt and tie or what?

na only to wear top and wear jeans or trouser. just make sure you ain't looking like a rainbow or a lunatic.

hahahahaha u think its so simple?

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nimen:

hahahahaha u think its so simple?

yez now cheesy grin tongue

where are those fashionista babez?

now that they are called they will not come but if pesin put pic here now they will come like flocks. lipsrsealed grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by sosiqdude(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2015
Joywendy this a nice one.

I like it...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2015

yez now cheesy grin tongue

where are those fashionista babez?

now that they are called they will not come but if pesin put pic here now they will come like flocks. lipsrsealed grin

Na pictures we dey come look nau cheesy

Lovely ideas already.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Lilamartedi(f): 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Following smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.