Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104378 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
happy new year everyone smiley

Thank you sosiqdude.

Thanks luxanne

Thanks edykul

Thanks nimen I love your idea on the setting a particular time of the week

Thanks bluelover loves yours too

Andromida I see you cheesy

Lovely ideas.

The thread should be back in action by next week.

More ideas or crictism is allowed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by sosiqdude(m): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
joywendy:
happy new year everyone smiley

Thank you sosiqdude.

Thanks luxanne

Thanks edykul

Thanks nimen I love your idea on the setting a particular time of the week

Thanks bluelover loves yours too

Andromida I see you cheesy

Lovely ideas.

The thread should be back in action by next week.

More ideas or crictism is allowed

Welcome sweery

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by StyloVida: 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
Actually, mint green and orange are a perfect combo. But i think it would have looked better if the shoe wasn't a peep toe. Maybe a squared toe heel or something. Still looks good tho.

Get shoes and wears like this at stylovida.com
Like the page @ www.facebook.com/stylovidang
Have a glimpse:

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
joywendy:
cheesy

LOVELY SUGGESTIONS Luxanne!

i appreciate alot.

i actually love the idea of the African attire though i m not a big fan of it (asin i hardly wear it and hardly know much about it) but its actual cool and the kiddies stuff too.

The problem is getting pictures for all this is the difficult part even the guy celebs too.

i tried once searching for a pics of male celebs i just couldn't find something that i could put on the thread for dissecting grin or maybe i wasn't searching the right places.

maybe we could all think of ways to get pictures for the thread.

waiting for more suggestions or criticisms as the case maybe.

smiley

Uhm, you'l have to search the right places then grin and just as they've been doing, the guys can keep assisting in getting these pictures as well. Wish I could also, but am way clueless on how to get these pixes, LoL.

We'l definitely get around this I know. Happy New Year smiley

And btw, native attires are classy and cool. I've been trying to wear more outfit on them of recent cuz just like you, am no fan of natives, Lol.

Nevertheless, I must confess, the look you get wearing these african attires is breathless, you should try more of them this year smiley

And Bluelover deactivated? Hmm.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
Happy new year people!!!

Longest time, I went to the village... yes! Village not "villa" or "le ville" coz the network service there was nothing to write about... cheesy

Well, the suggestions given so far are kul, maybe except for the time frame coz sometimes it takes a while to get enough comments due to uncontrollable circumstances I must add.

Anyhoo, hoping to have much more fun with ya'll this year, God willing that is...

Cheers smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by dre11(m): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Happy new year guys and ladies on this thread

When is the show beginning self

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello yall

Welcome back luxanne thanks for thatsmiley

Hello Adaeze welcome back also

Please I know I said we will start this week, please you all should pardon me this week has been quite challenging.

We can kick off the SNFP thread for the year 2015. cheesy

Though I don't have a pic now on ground but I will just list out the rules which we all know but an extra rule as been added.

I notice that sometimes people tend to put up pictures here trying to describe the particular kinda item the person would have worn and Sometimes it causes confusion, so I put up a rule on that so people don't really get confused.

[b] RULES

1. DO NOT POST ADVERTS HERE ,DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD . (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

2. COMMENTS SHOULD BE RELATED TO THE OVERALL OUTFIT ( HAIR ,SHOES, DRESS,MAKEUP E.T.C ). ALSO,YOU CAN COMMENT REGARDING THE OCCASION OR EVENT THE OUTFIT WAS WORN TO.

3. VERDICTS WILL BE RENDERED AFTER RECEIVING AT LEAST 4 COMMENTS FROM NAIRALANDERS ON THE CURRENT PICTURE,AND ONCE THE FINAL VERDICT HAS BEEN GIVEN BY EITHER I THE OP(joywendy) OR (GLAMSQUARD) ,WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PICTURE. PLEASE DO NOT POST A NEW PICTURE IF THE FINAL VERDICT IS NOT GIVEN ON THE CURRENT PICTURE.

4. FINAL VERDICT IS GIVEN BASED ON HOW MUCH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAS BEEN READ

e.g IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE GOOD THEN THE FINAL VERDICT WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE ,IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE BAD THEN VICE VERSA ,IN OTHER WORDS THE WEARER IN THE PICTURE IS GUILTY OF A FASHION OR STYLE OFFENCE.

5. YOU ARE FREE TO POST A PICTURE OF ANYONE , AT ANY EVENT THEY MAY HAVE ATTENDED (CELEBRITY OR NO CELEBRITY ) BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CONSENT OF THE NAIRALANDER FIRST BEFORE POSTING A PERSONAL PICTURE OF A NAIRALANDER AS STATED IN RULE NUMBER 10 ON NAIRALAND. YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE IF YOU DO SO.

6. DO NOT ENGAGE IN SQUABBLES OR ABUSIVE WORDS WITH ANOTHER COMMENTATOR ,YOU ARE FREE TO SECOND ANYONE'S COMMENTS ON AN OUT FIT POSTED HERE BY AGREEING TO THEIR COMMENTS AND ADDING YOUR FINAL THOUGHTS.

7. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PUT UP A PICTURE OF AN ITEM THAT YOU THINK WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THE OUTFIT OR OCCASION. PLEASE WHEN DOING THIS IDENTIFY IN EITHER BLOCK LETTERS OR IN BOLD FONT. THIS WILL ENABLE OTHERS TO ALSO LEARN FROM HERE.

LETS KEEP IT PLAIN,NICE AND SIMPLE. smiley

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE RULES CAN BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED AT ANY POINT IN TIME.

THANKS.
[/b]
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
And I really appreciate all your wonderful suggestions.
Dre11 no advice for us? grin

Well till trying sort out things first before we start completly.

If you have any more advice. You can also send me a pm.
Anyone is free to post any pic for dissecting.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
Happy new year SNFPers! Let's flag off this year with a look at Lupita Nyong'o in an ombre lilac gown at the Golden Globes awards yesterday.

As always, her makeup is flawless, hair is groomed to perfection. Once again, she lets the dress do all the talking by wearing few accessories. The dress is lovely on her , but I feel it is a little too flirty for red carpet.

Over to you...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by abbyrian(f): 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
[b][/b]I love this babe's style. She has managed to pull off the absolutely gorgeous, the good, the bad and the incomprehensible and she just somehow knows how to own every piece and project the perfect image of westernized African woman in all her pieces.

There's something unique about her style because when you look at her hair cut and her lean body frame you would naturally expect that she would be that yo-tom-boy-kind-of-girl. But infact, her style is far cry from boyish as she continues to rule the red with unique floor length pieces!

Now to the look, I absolutely love the ensemble on her, although, it's an outfit that may not look nice on every woman. A woman with a fuller bust might have all the attention drawn to the twins if they tried this dress (given the details around the bustline), making the look less desirable.

Her accesories complement the outfit quite nicely; she kept to the rule- 'simple for complex' i.e minimal accesories for a dramatic frock.
Note to Some Nigerian celebrities: you can see that she didn't use any gaudy neckpiece to literally 'finish off' the outfit.

In all, I agree that the dress is flirty on the upper side but the fullness of it, makes it suitable for a red carpet for an event with such a high magnitude as the Golden Globes.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thanks maxiflexi! smiley
Welcome!

Abbyrian cheesy long time! Nice to see you once again! Nice blog you got there wink

@pic
Nothing wrong with the outfit, except for the flowering design though looks weirdly nice and weirdly odd this is far better than what she wore to the Oscars lipsrsealed.
I really don't get what is flirty about the outfit though. IMO she looks just ok to me.[s] Maybe she should just add a bit of flesh [/s] grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
joywendy:
Thanks maxiflexi! smiley
Welcome!

Abbyrian cheesy long time! Nice to see you once again! Nice blog you got there wink

@pic
Nothing wrong with the outfit, except for the flowering design though looks wierdly nice and wierdly odd this is far better than what she wore to the oscars lipsrsealed.
I really don't get what is flirty about the outfit though. IMO she looks just ok to me.[s] Maybe she should just add a bit of flesh [/s] grin

4/10.

That's my score.
Knowing what fits you and sticking to it is wisdom. No one needs a soothsayer to know the cloth or dress or whatever you ladies may call it (sorry not good with names) ain't her territory.

Not saying people shouldn't take risks in trying something new but she's not that busty and lacks the broad shoulder to carry the gown well. You can see she ain't comfy in it.Like the dress would drop off her any second.

Also, someone should tell her they already got janitors for the floors. She should have kept her flowing "brooms" at home. Thanks.

Sorry tongue I should get to bed.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 11:17am On Jan 13, 2015
@joywendy, I love the way you put it " weirdly odd, weirdly nice". That's what I meant by flirty. I didn't want to say casual because its not. Its too ... soft & feminine girly for red carpet.
@onegig grin . I disagree with you on one score - a big bust would look humongous and ruin the dress! small busts rock rufffles/bust detailing better

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
I'm sorry but I don't like the dress on her at all.

She did so well last award season, what's happening now?

The dress don't look right on her and doesn't flatter her figure in my eyes ie from what I see.
It's a miss 4 me...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Maxiflexi lol grin anyways I get what you mean now. Maybe a bit childish, something of that sort right? Though I had to look at the picture more than once to actually point out the fact that this babe should look for a stylist.

Weirdly odd and weirdly nice. Looking at her at first she looks nice but then at a second glance she doesn't look that great. I can't place my hand on the exact problem.I kinda agree with onegig in the aspect of knowing what fits your body shape. She should check out the likes of abani darego
She doesn't look bad but not too good either just there. Love the babe but she just fall my hand. sad

I have an up close pic of her here

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by abbyrian(f): 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
Adaeze003:
I'm sorry but I don't like the dress on her at all.

She did so well last award season, what's happening now?

The dress don't look right on her and doesn't flatter her figure in my eyes ie from what I see.
It's a miss 4 me...

What figure does she have

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 14, 2015
The gown is not working for me.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
abbyrian:

What figure does she have

Lol! Wicked...

Ok, maybe I should have used physique.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
maxiflexi:
@joywendy, I love the way you put it " weirdly odd, weirdly nice". That's what I meant by flirty. I didn't want to say casual because its not. Its too ... soft & feminine girly for red carpet.
@onegig grin . I disagree with you on one score - a big bust would look humongous and ruin the dress! small busts rock rufffles/bust detailing better

Yeah. I guess so.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nice dress but on her, hell-to-the-NO! angry

I also see that she got lots of purple going on - her ear rings, her eyeshadow (like seriously?) Was the purple on the dress not glaring enough? I hope to God she aint wearing a purple footwear either *shudders*

And her hair? Geez, I love the low cut look on her better than this I-dont-even-know-what-to-call-it -sef.

Definitely a miss for me.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Happy new year guys! Been away for a while,I apologise but award season is here, yay!! However lupita is ruining it for me sad what is she wearing Don't let me even analyse coz what I'll say wuldnt be nice at all.. Try harder next time lupita kiss

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:25am On Jan 18, 2015
VERDICT

LUPITA BABY grin

FROM THE COMMENTS ABOVE I HAVE COME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING

MAKE UP- JUST THERE

ACCESSORIES- OK

HAIR- MANAGEABLE

THE DRESS

BAD! BAD! BAD!

THE DRESS IS ADORABLE BUT LOOKS SO OFF ON YOU! PLEASE LOOK FOR OUTFITS THAT FIT YOU.IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO WEAR GOWN lipsrsealed grin

MISS LUPITA YOU HAVE BEEN FINED SERIOUSLY FOR THAT DRESS angry angry

PLEASE GET A STYLIST!

THANKS YALL FOR THE COMMENTS

NEXT PICTURE PLEASE smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mimicue(f): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Happy new year guys!

Kate Hudson wears a sexy Versace gown to the golden globe awards at 35 she has a good body ..what I like most about the figure-hugging dress with a deep plunging neck line and low-cut diamond studded sides. Is the diamond studs it is so nice .. The make up and accessories are simple and nice

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
I saw her on the red carpet and I was like 'yeah, now that's what am talking about'

She's one of my fave on the globes. She nailed that dress with her gorge bod!

Can't wait for the oscars.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mmmm....

Nice but....

Not a fan of deep plunging neckline dresses.it just sopils the dress for me in a way

Anyways apart from that, the dress brings out her shape perfectly well.

I like the way she packed her hair, the facial make up and accessories quite simple

Are those really diamonds?! shocked lovely concept by the designer!

Am I the only one who noticed the weird expression on her face

Btw where is everyone?

Pls Let's kept it rolling

Lol luxanne! Calm down grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
Happy New year fashionistas. Good to be back on board. Ok to the look above. What do u guys expect? Its Kate hudson, fashion icon daughter of a fashion icon mother. She's like a fashion idol for me. Amazing look, as always.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by fashionair: 1:58am On Jan 22, 2015
Happy new year fashion lovers!
Kate Killed It!!!!!!!!! She flipping killed it for me! I'm obsessed with this look! Gaddamit! grin

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2015
joywendy:
Mmmm....

Nice but....

Not a fan of deep plunging neckline dresses.it just sopils the dress for me in a way

Anyways apart from that, the dress brings out her shape perfectly well.

I like the way she packed her hair, the facial make up and accessories quite simple

Are those really diamonds?! shocked lovely concept by the designer!

Am I the only one who noticed the weird expression on her face

Btw where is everyone?

Pls Let's kept it rolling

Lol luxanne! Calm down grin

Yeah that weird expression on her face but she nailed it.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
I'm not a fan of the plunging neck line thingy but she nailed it!!

Now, that's a movie star...

And uhm I don't think she has a weird look on her face, I think it's excessive make up. You know, when you have so much make up on n you feel plastic? That's it...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
VERDICT

KATE HUDSON YOUR TIME IS FINALLY HERE grin cheesy

FROM THE COMMENTS ABOVE

HERE IS THE VERDICT

MAKEUP-LOVELY

HAIR- ON POINT cheesy

ACCESSORIES- GOOD

THE PLUNGING DEEP NECKLINE WAS KINDA OFF BUT WE WILL LET YOU SLIDE FOR NOW AS THIS IS STILL A NEW YEAR cheesy NO TRY AM NEXT TIME OH. grin grin

IN ALL YOU LOOK AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL!

THANKS YALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS

NEXT PIC PLS smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
NOT ONLY LADIES KNOW HOW TO DRESS AND TALK FASHION EVEN THE GUYS DO TOO cheesy

SO WE ARE GOING DOWN TO OUR MALE CELEB, THE ONE AND THE ONLY:MODEL,TV PRESENTER AND ENTERTAINER UTI NWACHUKWU

AT AN EVENT SOME WEEKS BACK DURING THE CALABAR FESTIVAL OF 2014.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?

OYA GUYS TIME TO CONTRIBUTE, NO HIDING SPACE FOR UNA grin

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello Madam Wendy. Keep up d work o! For me, Uti has no dress sense. He always looks too much, as in too fussy in his dressing and dis is no exception. Dat hairstyle doesn't need to always compete with his clothes. The simpler, the better. My opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply)

Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.