Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104118 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
@joywendy thanks

As you all know Nolly wood actress Monalisa Chinda celebrated her 40th birthday at a private dinner recently on september 13th Here's is she in a lime coloured rhinestone dress.

for me the shoes are a complete no -no, they just degraded that dress.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THE LOOK?

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Monalisa and this her hairstyle sef

Nice outfit, she seems to have added some weight or is it me?

Seriously I agree with you the shoes seems off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 12:40am On Sep 17, 2014
added weight?? she was never slim in the first place , i've always known her to be on the big side or should i say curvy side, it looks like her feet is bursting out of those sandal heels.

The dress isn't that flattering on her ,and the colour of the dress isn't doing her any good either. I am still taking a look . brb

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2014
there is nothing wowing about her outfit, just that she looks good @ 40, that am wowed about. and about her shoes, seemed to be she's not standing well on her left leg reason why her foot protruded in that shoe unlike the right foot. In all for me, she's just there.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
I seem to be the only person okay with her look. She probably didn't want the over-the-top glam like MoAbudu and went for something simple. Every outfit does not have to knock us off our feets.
At first glance, all i saw was a woman who wanted to be very comfortable on her birthday, hence the shoes. I agree the colour of the dress is annoyingly dull and doesn't do justice to her glowing skin.

Let me assume she got intimidated by Mo Abudu's Oscar de la Renta gown and decided to act lowkey lipsrsealed. By the way, is that a wet stain on her gown? I've wiped my laptop screen twice to be sure it isn't from my end undecided

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
I didnt see that earlier but it does look like a stain. Well I think the dress is just ok. Like you said nothing fantastic. Happy Birthday to her though.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
That's a really ugly shoe, no offence.. If only the gown was in a vibrant colour like red not that lemony yellowish thingy,pardon me, I av no idea what colour that is Anyhoo,we've seen better and equally seen worse.. I'm indifferent to her look

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by fashionista4eva: 12:20am On Sep 18, 2014
No problem @joywendy and @GLAMSQUAD.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really know how this works as I'm new to NL, so I will wait for a verdict from someone for now. Got a few fashion pictures to share, and would love to get everyones thoughts, commentary and critique on them. smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
She does not look like birthday gal. Maybe a bit too normal for her own birthday party.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Lawrence14: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
She didn't dress to what d party is which is her 40th birthday 4 goodness sake. so looks like 1 of ha movies 15yrs ago.....This is a no, no, not all look for ha.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
I think I am just going yo go ahead and give the verdict on this look before it gets really boring.

Dress is boring for a birthday girl

Shoes are not appropriate at all

Hair and nake up is average.

All in all the look is just average.

Thanks for your comments everyone .

NEXT PICTURE PLEASE.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
i like the dress but i don't really like the way it looks on monalisa. esp. colour wise she was going for the simple look so

mitchyy lolz yeah not only you my sister.

andromida exactly!

lawerence14 lmao @15yrs ago

fashionista4eva no problem! i thereby welcome you to the club! cheesy

edited

sorry glam i didnt know the verdict has been given.

okay people next picture please cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by obainojazz(m): 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
dayuum....didn't like her shoe...looks local...a black shining dress would have been better for her glowing skin....and a bigger wrist something (Wetin u girls dey call am) would have done it for me.....her dressing looks simple but forced.....

emm...wat am I doing here

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Playing catchup again. Lol. For Jlo, she's on point, but a little less metal, i'd rather. Asides that, if being 40+ gives u dat look, i cant wait. For Monalisa, its ur 40th birthday girl, why look like u were kicked out to celebrate. #Shoes101: Your designer dress with the wrong\cheap footwear makes a drab outfit altogether. But try a drab dress with killer pumps. #Powerofshoes. Wink!

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Okay people

Time for

Who wore it better? cheesy

Eku Edewor or Rita dominic?

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Rita did it for me. The contrast of skin and dress is amazing, almost looking monochrome but thanks to the Silver clutch. Eku looks drab. The shoes are virtually invisible. Tot nude on nude was a no- no.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
I love both wearers. They each wore their oufit shapely. Would have been a hard choice for me to choose who wore it better but thanks to eku's shoes and her bad pose who made that easy, lol, hence, rita got my vote.

Someone pls, remind me to sew this outfit, love it, infact, screen grabbed it already, lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
I love the hair do on the two ladies smiley

I love the outfit as well cheesy

Quite hard to choose.I agree with you zoelife The colour of the outfit on eku makes her look dull. The shoes just undecided

As for rita Shoes are nice. Is that clutch actually silver? It looks like a shade of blue on my screen or is it just me?

Still observing....
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
Eku usually dresses so well , but there's a bit of colour discomfort here that isn't helping her here at all,even though she looks okay here I am going to go with Rita because I absolutely love Rita's hair and she's practically working this goegeous dress.

Rita gets my vote and I love her smile , and her make up thanks to zaron I guess since she's now the face of zaron cosmetics Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by adet991(f): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
i love rita and this dress make me love her more
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
VERDICT

THANKS YALL!

And the winner is Rita!

Sorry Eku next time try a different colour and shoe

next pic please smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2014
I love it when a designer outfit appeals to all age groups, like this Oscar De La Renta floral dress worn by George Clooney's Bride-to-be Amal Alamuddin who is in her thirties and Taylor Swift who is in her twenties.

So it's another Who wore it better or rather WHO STYLED IT BETTER segment.

To be honest, i'm not that crazy about the dress nor the design but I kinda like the way Taylor swift styled hers with a green ensemble. Amal just did a mix- and - match , the only thing i like about her style in this dress are the shades , the fringe bag which is trending by the way is a no-no for the dress.
You guys know that she's a brilliant lawyer , but there's been a debate in the hollywood scene as to her sense of style , which many say needs a helping hand , and sincerely she does need a stylist because some of the things i've seen her put together just seem like she doesn't care to make an effort , Really ? seriously Amal ? and you're going to be the next Mrs Clooney. Better go and get a personal stylist grin

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Funny enough, I prefer it on Amal! I like her hair, the shades, her bag as against Taylor Swift's green ensemble. That dress is already too loud and needed to be toned down abit and the green just makes it much louder.

I don't fancy that dress though.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2014
I like the dress.

I like it better on Amal something about the way she carried it maybe her dark hair and those shades.Her yellow shoes and nude color handbag just makes the dress look all fun for me.

Taylor swift nailed this just prefer Amal's style.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
I dont like the dress. Makes them both look like little girls. Noting more to say. Sorry guys!

4 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by adet991(f): 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
i like it on amal more,the shade of her hair kinda tone the colour of the dress

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yea at first I thought Taylor looked a teenager in the dress. May be its my love for green that's making me love the way she styled it. Still looking at the pictures though.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Lawrence14: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2014
Taylor nailed it 4rm head to toe. fabulous thing she did with d green bag and shoe..... ha skin color n d dress blended so gud - made 4 ha and den d red lipstick flowing with d red of d dress.perfect
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello people

The phone that I'm using makes it kinda diffulcult to upload pics and view them.

Hence my delay

Would be back in the evening to get a better look with my system. Thanks@glamsquard for the pic
Thanks everyone for your comments
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mmmmm

I don't really like the dress on any of them. They both look very odd. Taylor green shoes and bag Amal's bag and shoes This is difficult.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Edykul(f): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
I prefer it on Taylor,d green bag nd shoe makes it lovely.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
VERDICT

Its seems like we have a tie here between amal and taylor.

3 votes for amal and 3 votes for taylor.

This is quite surprising

Based on the comments here

Taylor looks good with the hair and makeup and she looks way more orgainzed than amal. But then why choose green when its not even a colour in the dress? Like someone said the dress itself has enough attention putting that colour there is just lipsrsealed

As for amal the dress looks well fitted on her than on taylor. If she had worn a red or black shoe It would have been better. The shades gives a different look. I don't fancy the bag but the colour looks okay.

In all they don't look that bad smiley

So we are letting them go, they both tried in their own way.

Thanks for the comments smiley

Next pic please smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Who Is Star Delguidice? Lady With Bum Implants Unable To Sit Down (see Photos) / Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.