Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (19924 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (2) (3) (4)

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by nduchucks: 5:09am On Aug 24, 2013
It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria. What is even sadder is the ignorance of the youths in this country. It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office and replaced by a more competent group. Shi kena.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agbameta: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2013
t-something:

Why not Lord Lugard !

Who is preventing you from thanking Lugard or even the king of jerico if you like? Abeg clear road..

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agbameta: 5:34am On Aug 24, 2013
This is OBJ and Yaraduas vision and contract so the main credit really should go to OBJ because he awarded the contract and it was his vision to reactivate the railway system in Nigeria while Yaradua stopped and reevaluate the project before letting construction go on which it did and the result is what we have here today.

So why are these jokers jumping up and down and shouting GEJ when in fact he has nothing to do with the project from start to finish?

Talk about incompetent people doing attache over other people's sweat...

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by tsomething: 5:39am On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

Who is preventing you from thanking Lugard or even the king of jerico if you like? Abeg clear road..

Hehehehehe ! He promised he's gonna ensure you witches and wizards who gather in the name of opposition will get more confused before the end of the year and yours had already started. You stay awake all night reading the achievement of a man you call retardeen , and can't bring yourself to accept it, hence you look for Yaradua to praise.

Better take some painkillers cos today another milestone will be marked as the Akanu Ibiam airport commences international operations, you could as well give the credit to Fani Kayode for the feat!

FRESH BREEZE EVERYWHERE YOU GO

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:39am On Aug 24, 2013
If u give Mr. President a plus on this achievement please hit like.

35 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Dbeliever(m): 5:44am On Aug 24, 2013
If not for criticism and the birth of a new baby (APC), do you think the cargo would have been completed? GEJ is recovering from slumber. APC.......
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by phayvoursky(m): 5:45am On Aug 24, 2013
CAN SOMEONE SAY TO MY FACE THAT GEJ IS NOT WORKING? HE PRIVATISED TH POWER SECTOR, HE RENOVATED OVER TEN AIRPORTS, HE BROUGHT CASSAVA BREAD,HE REOPENED THE NATIONS RAILWAY. WHAT MORE CAN A NATION ACHIEVE IN 3 YEARS? LETS LEAVE THE PARTY NAME. THE CANDIDATE MATTERS. GEJ UR THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. NO 2 WAYS ABOUT IT.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by plaindealer: 5:46am On Aug 24, 2013
t-something:

[s]Hehehehehe ! He promised he's gonna ensure you witches and wizards who gather in the name of opposition will get more confused before the end of the year and yours had already started. You stay awake all night reading the achievement of a man you call retardeen , and can't bring yourself to accept it, hence you look for Yaradua to praise.

Better take some painkillers cos today another milestone will be marked as the Akanu Ibiam airport commences international operations, you could as well give the credit to Fani Kayode for the feat!

FRESH BREEZE EVERYWHERE YOU GO[/s]

..... meaningless rubbish. Stay on topic and quit trolling.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by phayvoursky(m): 5:49am On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta: This is OBJ and Yaraduas vision and contract so the main credit really should go to OBJ because he awarded the contract and it was his vision to reactivate the railway system in Nigeria while Yaradua stopped and reevaluate the project before letting construction go on which it did and the result is what we have here today.

So why are these jokers jumping up and down and shouting GEJ when in fact he has nothing to do with the project from start to finish?

MUMU. IT COULD HAPPENED IN UR NEXT GENERATION.

TELL URSEF D THE BITTER TRUTH.

GSM CREDIT WAS GIVEN TO OBJ. I GUESS AZIKIWE STARTED IT.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Anniettieufia(m): 5:50am On Aug 24, 2013
This is a good news for the Nigerian roads,
But @ the same time bad news for the trailers drivers.

It is a good thing that the govt is really working on development,
then we also need the present of security patrol on these facilities ,
i know it is evry living soul that is happy with these changes.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Dbeliever(m): 5:53am On Aug 24, 2013
Atleast lets give kudos to the man that is graduating from his slumber.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by phayvoursky(m): 5:54am On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

..... meaningless rubbish. Stay on topic and quit trolling.

STOP HATING IT KILLS.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Anniettieufia(m): 6:01am On Aug 24, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria. What is even sadder is the ignorance of the youths in this country. It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office and replaced by a more competent group. Shi kena.

i think some body should tell us the true difference between passengers' train and containers trains and the good things it does to our highways .
Then we will reverse our lives back to the 70's
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 6:04am On Aug 24, 2013
When the two basic aspect of your country, education and health are on their knees because of strikes everyother thing you do mr president is hogwash, it's like a homeless man buying furniture and home appliances, where do you want to use them?

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by plaindealer: 6:06am On Aug 24, 2013
phayvoursky:

STOP HATING IT KILLS.

Exactly what I'm I hating on?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by plaindealer: 6:12am On Aug 24, 2013
phayvoursky:

MUMU. IT COULD HAPPENED IN UR NEXT GENERATION.

TELL URSEF D THE BITTER TRUTH.

GSM CREDIT WAS GIVEN TO OBJ. I GUESS AZIKIWE STARTED IT.

I'll give OBJ credit for a lot of things especially the completed projects like this railway system and the power plants

GSM >> OBJ

All the FG power plants GEJ is commissioning >>> OBJ

Railway >>>> OBJ

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by omenka(m): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: .

Going to consult Abati to tell you what to say?

Good one.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ofiladee(m): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2013
This is good. Hope they keep it up. Besides I always said that the rail roads are cheaper and safer to move goods. Good one Nigeria, steady we go.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by EbirichBen(m): 6:39am On Aug 24, 2013
[quote
author=PapaBrowne]I was passing the expressway today and I saw the road
dancing azonto. I was astounded. So I stopped and asked it why it was
dancing.It took a very deep breathe and and the conversation went thus:

Road: For years now some Mack trucks had
been climbing my back with very heavy load. They run over me without
considering the fact that my bones which are located underground usually
get fractured anytime they pass. My skin tears, rain falls, I get
sludgy and then very very ugly. Its been a hellish experience.

Me: Very very sorry for your plight, but that can't be the reason
why you are dancing Azonto. Why are you dancing?

Road: I'm dancing because I haven't seen
the Mack Trucks today. They said Fresh Air blew them away into the bush
and they fell on some long things called trains that now carried them
away on a rail track.

Me: Yes, I heard it too oh. Ha, that fresh Air is blowing
everywhere. Mr Airport, Mrs farm, Uncle Economy ati Brother Power. They
are all experiencing this wind you are talking about oh, Mr Road. Make I
dey go jare. Make I reach house quick so that I go fit chop Cassava
bread![/quote]
God Bless you...................

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ZUBY77(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2013
Whether we like it or not, GEJ is better than the past 4 presidents combined together.

I will hold my breath until ET airline lands in Enugu today.

I m off to Enugu.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by tsomething: 6:50am On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta: This is OBJ and Yaraduas vision and contract so the main credit really should go to OBJ because he awarded the contract and it was his vision to reactivate the railway system in Nigeria while Yaradua stopped and reevaluate the project before letting construction go on which it did and the result is what we have here today.

why are you talking with both sides of your mouth? In some posts you claim 14 years of PDP leadership hasn't provided any dividends, now you are praising OBJ and Yaradua to be the best thing to have happened to Nigeria as if these men weren't PDP leaders.

Let me tell you, there's no point hating when progress is made in your country because, everyone irrespective of religious and political affiliations would enjoy them. As I said earlier you can even attribute the credit to Lord Lugard , but what matters is that we all agree it's a milestone . Just like Ngige hailed the 3weeks UPS in Akwa, he and Rochas will start using the Akanu Ibiam airport for their international trips and nobody would discriminate against them as being from the opposition.

If you can't blame Late Yaradua for the current ASUU strike which is as a result of an agreement he entered in 2009 and never implemented , you should also not credit him for a contract he awarded and never completed in 4yrs.

Deal with it Bro , Naija is moving forward under the clueless one and you now so clueless on how to manage this barrage of good news hence you have resulted to changing names, from Eko Ile to Agbameta . Hope you don't run away from this names again soon.

20 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by mployer(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
17 years ago? What!!
That encompasses the regimes of 4 past leaders- Abacha, Abdusalam, OBJ and Yar Adua.

It took the 'clueless', 'mediocre' 'fisherman' 3yrs to fix the problem and begin long haul of containerized cargoes by rail to distant parts of Nigeria as far as Kano and Kaduna, over 1,000 km away from Lagos APM Terminals, Apapa Wharf, Lagos.

Nigeria behold GEJ, the promise keeper and best president since independence.

God bless my fatherland!

God bless and protect my president!!

God bless SINCERE9GERIANS!!!

FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!!!
Abati first Moniker.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by mployer(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2013
ochejoseph: Under promising & Over delivering
Ladies and gentlemen the Most Abused president in the History of Nigeria has proven critics wrong. Again !
Rail Revolution
Taking off hundreds of trailers from our Roads.
- saving lives
-reducing road damage
-protecting the Environment
-creating New jobs at container inland terminals
-Reducing cost of doing bussiness
-Decongesting ports

This Man is indeed the right man for the Job
GOB BLESS NIGERIA
Abatic second moniker.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by nuceo: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2013
eddiebruk: Indeed Nigeria is really backward, of course when there are no infrastructure the people are bound to celebrate what is not even worth being considered a worthy development, bring in your insults by trying to politicize it comparing GEJ regime with others, but this is just between Lagos and Kaduna, what happens to the other 34 state,..? really you want to celebrate this in a country...? Ya'all should take a break and get out of Nigeria to see better haulage schemes.
you will pass through other cities in other states before you get to kaduna. You have a myopic and pessimistic approach to life

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by dubeeek: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2013
Any news on the line from Lagos to the East.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by lamex20(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2013
karl max: where are the apc hypocrites that said it was a lie when someone posted about this news yesterday...GEJ would continue to disgrace u people on nairaland... am waiting for u people to come and claim it's obj's project
is these d way of moving Nigeria forward, if I may asked?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2013
karl max: where are the apc hypocrites that said it was a lie when someone posted about this news yesterday...GEJ would continue to disgrace u people on nairaland... am waiting for u people to come and claim it's obj's project

Not only are they claiming it is OBJoke's project, be ready to read and hear that it is Tinubu's doing as per the post below:

Akinmail:
this is one of the benefits of having a strong opposition
it forces the government of the day to perform. Tinubu should be happy he has helped in his own way to help nigrians by creating aformidable opposition. Nice.

https://www.nairaland.com/1403657/fg-pays-off-20304-phcn#17551672

Meanwhile make we slenjo to this Wonder Wonder tune by omo Abami Eda

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uph_hnTCNdw][/url]
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Greaaat: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2013
Why be say na wen Jona dey quarter to go na hin him don do something small small abi na my eye
Hello Jona daft you're not going anywhere your village otueke you better go and finish the sch So u cn resume as a lecturer
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 7:27am On Aug 24, 2013

GEJ could have simply cancelled the contract and shift his focus on sometyhing else such as simply sharing the money, which was what our former MILITARYT DICTATORS did. Shared the national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue and let the inherited infrastructure and social services go to rot.

- Did Yaradua not suspend the NIPP contracts initiated by OBJoke before GEJ revived them

- Like Ayatollah Buhari CANCELLED the Lagos metro line project that was already started by the REAL progressive ACTION governor, Alhaji Lateef Jakande. That was 30 years ago when Buhari overthrew the democratically elecetd government of Shehu Shagari, his fulani brother. Some said it was to prevent Dr. Alex Ekwueme from becoming president in 1987.
That is a project that the combined duo of Tinubu & Fasholahave struggled to revive for the last 14 years.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Eko oni baje oh! I admire the yorubas everyday. They are not perfect but they keep trying for their own. God bless u guyz.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by seangy4konji: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2013
2 drivers will be employed as drivers
owolabifunke14: Eyaaaa Dangote graduate truck drivers have lost their job. Accident will reduce on our roads. Thumbs up to federal government,is not easy to revamp a sector after many years of neglect. Hope this will also create employment opportunities for the youths?

Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad / EFCC Declares Abdulrasheed Maina Wanted / Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88