Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (19908 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Maxymilliano(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-journalsts-ed.jpg[/img]
Journalists scrambling for an interview with Customs officials at the APM Terminal, Apapa Wharf, Lagos, Nigeria

Nigerian roads should literally be in ''jubilation'' as the revamped railways sector has facilitated the long haul of containerized cargoes by rail to distant parts of Nigeria as far as Kano and Kaduna, over 1,000 km away from Lagos APM Terminals, Apapa Wharf, Lagos.

With 20 loaded wagons on the maiden trip (each can carry two 20ft or one 40ft containers), between 20 and 40 trailers or trucks will be off the roads, reducing incidents and wear and tear on our motorways.

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-4ed2.jpg[/img]
Cargo Handlers put finishing touches to rigging procedures

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-3-ed3.jpg[/img]

http://transformationwatch.com/2013/08/23/breaking-photonews-first-haulage-of-containerized-cargo-in-decades-leaves-lagos-for-kanokaduna-by-rail/

19 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by karlmax2: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Maxymilliano: [img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-journalsts-ed.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

Nigerian roads should literally be in ''jubilation'' as the revamped railways sector has facilitated the long haul of containerized cargoes by rail to distant parts of Nigeria as far as Kano and Kaduna, over 1,000 km away from Lagos APM Terminals, Apapa Wharf, Lagos.

With 20 loaded wagons on the maiden trip (each can carry two 20ft or one 40ft containers), between 20 and 40 trailers or trucks will be off the roads, reducing incidents and wear and tear on our motorways.

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-4ed2.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-3-ed3.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

http://transformationwatch.com/2013/08/23/breaking-photonews-first-haulage-of-containerized-cargo-in-decades-leaves-lagos-for-kanokaduna-by-rail/
where are the apc hypocrites that said it was a lie when someone posted about this news yesterday...GEJ would continue to disgrace u people on nairaland... am waiting for u people to come and claim it's obj's project

43 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by mrakin(m): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
goodnews
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by karlmax2: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Welldone gej for gradually bringing back the railway transport system that was abandoned for more than 20 years

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by PaulJohn1: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good one, hope they won't be hijacked and content stolen by train robbers.

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Horus(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCphnSYtmSM

Ayo Teriba...Rail Sector is vital to Nigeria Economy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Maxymilliano(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
Laudable effort, welcome development and another plus from the man from the creek .

Ebele ... Keep it coming, the country need more of this.

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by owolabifunke14(f): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Eyaaaa Dangote graduate truck drivers have lost their job. Accident will reduce on our roads. Thumbs up to federal government,is not easy to revamp a sector after many years of neglect. Hope this will also create employment opportunities for the youths?

5 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by awodman: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks @ maxymilliano..I wanted 2 post some pics too..wonder why its not showing

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nebeuwa(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Will Goodluck Jonathan get credit for this achievement from the South-West? I hope so...

25 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by 360command: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
This is good . E dey totori me for body. I hope we will not see a nigeria mexican cowboy version where they are trying to rob a train in the old texas region.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by magnetik(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
I'm really impressed..I say fresh air for the first time ever..kudos FG.

4 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by PHIPEX(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
This supposed clueless president is appearing smarter than all his predecessors. I hope this will not be sabotaged.

21 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ...
The Managing Director of the corporation, Adeseyi Sijuwade, recalled that container train services in Nigeria were suspended 17 years ago due to poor infrastructure.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143365-nigeria-railway-corporation-to-receive-200-locomotives-by-december-minister.html
17 years ago? What!!
That encompasses the regimes of 4 past leaders- Abacha, Abdusalam, OBJ and Yar Adua.

It took the 'clueless', 'mediocre' 'fisherman' 3yrs to fix the problem and begin long haul of containerized cargoes by rail to distant parts of Nigeria as far as Kano and Kaduna, over 1,000 km away from Lagos APM Terminals, Apapa Wharf, Lagos.

Nigeria behold GEJ, the promise keeper and best president since independence.

God bless my fatherland!

God bless and protect my president!!

God bless SINCERE9GERIANS!!!

FRESH AIR everywhere you go!!!!

44 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by PapaBrowne(m): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
I was passing the expressway today and I saw the road dancing azonto. I was astounded. So I stopped and asked it why it was dancing.It took a very deep breathe and and the conversation went thus:

Road: For years now some Mack trucks had been climbing my back with very heavy load. They run over me without considering the fact that my bones which are located underground usually get fractured anytime they pass. My skin tears, rain falls, I get sludgy and then very very ugly. Its been a hellish experience.

Me: Very very sorry for your plight, but that can't be the reason why you are dancing Azonto. Why are you dancing?

Road: I'm dancing because I haven't seen the Mack Trucks today. They said Fresh Air blew them away into the bush and they fell on some long things called trains that now carried them away on a rail track.

Me: Yes, I heard it too oh. Ha, that fresh Air is blowing everywhere. Mr Airport, Mrs farm, Uncle Economy ati Brother Power. They are all experiencing this wind you are talking about oh, Mr Road. Make I dey go jare. Make I reach house quick so that I go fit chop Cassava bread!

54 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by owolabifunke14(f): 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
17 years ago? What!!
That encompasses the regimes of 4 past leaders- Abacha, Abdusalam, OBJ and Yar Adua.

It took the 'clueless', 'mediocre' 'fisherman' 3yrs to fix the problem and begin long haul of containerized cargoes by rail to distant parts of Nigeria as far as Kano and Kaduna, over 1,000 km away from Lagos APM Terminals, Apapa Wharf, Lagos.

God bless my fatherland!

Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ochejoseph(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
Under promising & Over delivering
Ladies and gentlemen the Most Abused president in the History of Nigeria has proven critics wrong. Again !
Rail Revolution
Taking off hundreds of trailers from our Roads.
- saving lives
-reducing road damage
-protecting the Environment
-creating New jobs at container inland terminals
-Reducing cost of doing bussiness
-Decongesting ports

This Man is indeed the right man for the Job
GOB BLESS NIGERIA

30 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ochejoseph(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=owolabifunke14] Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?[/quote' I

I pray for a day when Objectivity will overwhelm mediocrity
A day when,No matter the situation we will. Discuss issues on their merits.

A day when the sense of Nationalism over-rides ethnic,religious or partisan considerations
GEJ has done well,let's appreciate him

22 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?
If you'r PAINED by progress and development in your fatherland, I'm not? I saw and felt bad governance in the past so I know good governance when I see one. I'm just excited at the progress and development so far.

20 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Longeria(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
17 years ago? What!!

God bless my fatherland!

I've lost count of Jonathan‘s land mark achievements, **yawning**make I go PISS, go sleep, tomorrow is another historic day in the life of this administration, Akanu Ibiam international airport will officially opened. OOOOOHH my Gaaaad.

26 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
Indeed Nigeria is really backward, of course when there are no infrastructure the people are bound to celebrate what is not even worth being considered a worthy development, bring in your insults by trying to politicize it comparing GEJ regime with others, but this is just between Lagos and Kaduna, what happens to the other 34 state,..? really you want to celebrate this in a country...? Ya'all should take a break and get out of Nigeria to see better haulage schemes.

18 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agbameta: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lame as this is, I'll give all credits to Yaradua (RIP)

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by 0monnak0da: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
I think we have to give the government credit IF this works. As with all things Nigerian I will be sceptical till we get some data.
How many containers
How quickly
Safety
Security
etc obviously this will take a few months but we have to give credit to GEJ,Yar'adua and PDP. Still it is a shame that Nigeria has fallen to the level that we are celebrating this. We were doing better 100 years ago but this is a step in the right direction and there is need for West-East lines too certainly to Asaba at least.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Itoroetti(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?

I can see how young u are.
Why don't u disprove his point?

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Rossikk(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
karl max: Welldone gej for gradually bringing back the railway transport system that was abandoned for more than 20 years

I think it was actually 30 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Rossikk(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: We were doing better 100 years ago.

No we weren't.

4 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Rossikk(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2013/08/cargo-train-4ed2.jpg[/img]

This is what you call a nation on the move.

A nation on the up.

Kudos to the Jonathan administration.

For once we have a serious, focused, results-oriented govt in power at federal level.

8 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Rossikk:

No we weren't.

Yes we were
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by talktimi(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
But dem say retardeen no dey work na, how come there's steady improvement across all sectors ?

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by 0monnak0da: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by otokx(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2013
The photos speak for themselves; lets hope this rail cargo is sustained. We no longer hear of movement of petroleum product by rail - that was started some time.

Kudos to GEJ anyway.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekitigate: Saharareporters Floors Former Minister Obanikoro In New York Court / Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku / Saraki Must Go – Senator Ali Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.