Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (19923 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: rome was not built in a day and it was'nt built in a century either. While your government is busy rehabilitating colonial railways, others are building high speed, semi high speed rails. Maybe it will take nigeria a billion years to get there since rome was not built in a day.

oh please zip it! So you'd prefer we totally abandon the old rail network for new high speed rails? Does that sound logical to you? And did you even bother to consider the cost implication? The Americans, British, Indians, and Chinese all built on/upgraded old existing rail lines, and we're basically towing the same line. The TGVs/MAGLEV/Bullet trains will come later.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Kairoseki77: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
LMAO.. GEJ's NL phools are having a heart attack because of a rail line.

Wonders will never end.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Longeria(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

I'll give OBJ credit for a lot of things especially the completed projects like this railway system and the power plants

GSM >> OBJ

All the FG power plants GEJ is commissioning >>> OBJ

Railway >>>> OBJ

Your situation is a COLOMENTAL CASE, wait a minute, have you taken your madness drug today?

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by redsun(m): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2013
owolabifunke14: Eyaaaa Dangote graduate truck drivers have lost their job. Accident will reduce on our roads. Thumbs up to federal government,is not easy to revamp a sector after many years of neglect. Hope this will also create employment opportunities for the youths?
It won't stop truckers from operating but it will help facilitate goods movement,encourage bettter competition and cost efficiency. And like you said,creates employment along the line.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by theshadyexpress(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2013
eddiebruk: Indeed Nigeria is really backward, of course when there are no infrastructure the people are bound to celebrate what is not even worth being considered a worthy development, bring in your insults by trying to politicize it comparing GEJ regime with others, but this is just between Lagos and Kaduna, what happens to the other 34 state,..? really you want to celebrate this in a country...? Ya'all should take a break and get out of Nigeria to see better haulage schemes.
I'm forced to call your IQ to question.u make it look like u can run a race by taking ten steps at a time or not stay fixed to the starting point.Listen child,Rome was not built in a day and it was not built by the words that came from the mouths of professional haters and never-do-well-critics.So Mr hater get a life and stop trying to woo others into your web of irredeemable confusion.
thumbs up to Gej and the fresh air team.

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ezebest1(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2013
Meaning?
owolabifunke14: Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Proxytalk: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2013
I was feeling like to eat but after this news hunger left my belle. By the way who said we cannot develope and fight hunger and unemployment? yes we can do it through opening all economic sectors, creating more opportunities for our people. passenger train services to kano from lagos has just been increased to thrice per week. I m still waiting for the news of the arrival of ist international flight to Akanu ibiam int'l airport Enugu.
Even if GEJ didnt contest in 2015 he is already a hero.

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by obailala(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
PapaBrowne: I was passing the expressway today and I saw the road dancing azonto. I was astounded. So I stopped and asked it why it was dancing.It took a very deep breathe and and the conversation went thus:

Road: For years now some Mack trucks had been climbing my back with very heavy load. They run over me without considering the fact that my bones which are located underground usually get fractured anytime they pass. My skin tears, rain falls, I get sludgy and then very very ugly. Its been a hellish experience.

Me: Very very sorry for your plight, but that can't be the reason why you are dancing Azonto. Why are you dancing?

Road: I'm dancing because I haven't seen the Mack Trucks today. They said Fresh Air blew them away into the bush and they fell on some long things called trains that now carried them away on a rail track.

Me: Yes, I heard it too oh. Ha, that fresh Air is blowing everywhere. Mr Airport, Mrs farm, Uncle Economy ati Brother Power. They are all experiencing this wind you are talking about oh, Mr Road. Make I dey go jare. Make I reach house quick so that I go fit chop Cassava bread!
These GEJ worshipers na wa... but I must confess, this piece cracked me up grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by taharqa: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: rome was not built in a day and it was'nt built in a century either. While your government is busy rehabilitating colonial railways, others are building high speed, semi high speed rails. Maybe it will take nigeria a billion years to get there since rome was not built in a day.
Oh! SHUT tha trap you call mouth, Clown. Apart from Rehabilitating/Reconstructing more than 3000kms of Dead Rail tracks, GEJ has almost completed d laying of tracks in d New MODERN Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail whose construction was began in 2011 (meaning the Modern Rail wud be finished in just bw 2-3 yrs ie in early/mid 2014). The same GEJ has also completed d laying of tracks on another STANDARD Rail line, Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Ore-Warri track (pending Navigational/Signals aids and Train Stations completion, which shld also be finished early next yr)- a Modern Rail track that was started in 1987 but which subsequent 6 diff Administrations have failed to complete. GEJ has also revived d Abuja InterCity Train Line which was started by OBJ but abandoned b4 he came into office- today, rail tracks, stations, culverts and bridges, are bn extensively constructed again along that line (though I don't know d present Completion rate of d ongoing work). Preliminary work has also began in d Modern Lagos-Ibadan Double Standard Track, just as Feasibility Studies on 10 other possible Rail routes for Standard Tracks across d nation is currently going on..... You 'people' wud die as more and more of these projects, in this sector and others, come to completion. And, trust that some of us wud throw it at ya faces here on NL, and watch to savour d Intense Confusion that wud follow yr faces..... CHEERS

5 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Proxytalk: 10:24am On Aug 24, 2013
[quote author=ndu_chucks]It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office
SAD! the real meaning of the phrase 'bias mind' is above well defined in ur post. you may be disapointed cos APC is already sharply divided

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by gerald09(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria. What is even sadder is the ignorance of the youths in this country. It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office and replaced by a more competent group. Shi kena.
Yes Ѿε did (I guess) cos the youths were not dere in d 70s dat y we called "youth" but we are here now n thanks to ur so call competent hands GEJ had to start afresh. And as a "youth" its our job to bring in d youthfulness n bring it to d 21st century. But we need a beginning n thanks to GEJ we go it.

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by tsomething: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2013
#TEAMGEJ
He promised us Fresh air in 4 years, but we are seeing Fresh Breeze in 2 years

He promised confusion in the camp of the opposition by early next year, but we can see that even as at today they are confused whether to accept it as a positive milestone or to credit it to Lord Lugard. Wonder what they will say when the 1st plane takes off on an international trip today from Enugu. Perhaps they will say GEJ didn't construct the airplane that took off.

While retarded ones call you retardeen and the clueless ones call you clueless , we the patriotic ones call you Mr President.

Continue you good works while the opposition continue their loud noise. I can only imagine the face of Rochas or Ngige as they wait in the departure lounge of Akanu Ibiam airport for their plane to US.

If you love this silent achiever , abeg like this post

14 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Proxytalk: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2013
[quote author=ndu_chucks] It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.
My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office

In the 70s u are talking about when #1/1$ did u enjoy it then or u heard or read it. what happend between the 70s and now that 1$/160#? Now u want to kick out a man that is working very hard to revamp the economy to d good days perhaps to bring Buhari that contibuted to it fall
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by gerald09(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2013
Yeah even if it does, (I hope it doesn't) d good news is dat change is happening, cos life my brother is bout change, I don't really get what ur issues bout, u vexin cos it took Nigeria dis long to achieve dis or ® u vexin cos he did it @ all cos if its d former den am sorry u feel dat way. its great we start from somewhere Nigeria is not a developed country heck!! Africa aint a develop continent but what made d west/east develop it cos dey started somewhere so my bro we can not be like dem, we can neva be like them by y? Cos they have like 300 years on us. Nigeria have seen d bottom of d under development pit s*hit! We built the pit, n nw thanks to GEJ a little lite is showin n as TESCO says "every little helps". So don't sit dere n compare. If u talk about dubai dey to started from d bottom n nw dey badest! Abeg oh!
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ceevin: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2013
Good work..Good job.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2013
GEJ all the way to 2019

Fresh Air (GEJ) Every Where You Go

We the Nigerians in UK; We are Celebrating the good work of our dear
President, Mr "Fresh Air Every Where You Go"

We are getting ready to relocate back to Nigeria at last, in Millions
Europe is growing average 0.6%. Nigeria is growing average 6%

Thanks again to Mr "Fresh Air Every Where You GO

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Exmay(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2013
I went through this thread and I can't but feel sorry for my country men... Somebody is spending FG's/Tax payers' money in doing projects and I see e-praisesingers singing his praise as if he did this with his money...

#smhformycountrymen....
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by victorD3: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Paul John: Good one, hope they won't be hijacked and content stolen by train robbers.

Is road safer?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ennon92(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2013
eddiebruk: Indeed Nigeria is really backward, of course when there are no infrastructure the people are bound to celebrate what is not even worth being considered a worthy development, bring in your insults by trying to politicize it comparing GEJ regime with others, but this is just between Lagos and Kaduna, what happens to the other 34 state,..? really you want to celebrate this in a country...? Ya'all should take a break and get out of Nigeria to see better haulage schemes.
d other haulage schemes in other countries start 4rm somewhere....we need not to criticize everytime n let appreciate a welcome development.
NB: the journey of a thousand miles begin with a step.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2013
ocelot2006:

oh please zip it! So you'd prefer we totally abandon the old rail network for new high speed rails? Does that sound logical to you? And did you even bother to consider the cost implication? The Americans, British, Indians, and Chinese all built on/upgraded old existing rail lines, and we're basically towing the same line. The TGVs/MAGLEV/Bullet trains will come later.
ignorant you. So after all the billions are spent on this lomotives whoes life span is very short, futher billions will now be spent in the future to re-upgrade them to semi high speed. When everything could have been done now at a fixed lower price and save time. I suspect your thinking faculty is what the jonathan government works with.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2013
gerald09:
Yeah even if it does, (I hope it doesn't) d good news is dat change is happening, cos life my brother is bout change, I don't really get what ur issues bout, u vexin cos it took Nigeria dis long to achieve dis or ® u vexin cos he did it @ all cos if its d former den am sorry u feel dat way. its great we start from somewhere Nigeria is not a developed country heck!! Africa aint a develop continent but what made d west/east develop it cos dey started somewhere so my bro we can not be like dem, we can neva be like them by y? Cos they have like 300 years on us. Nigeria have seen d bottom of d under development pit s*hit! We built the pit, n nw thanks to GEJ a little lite is showin n as TESCO says "every little helps". So don't sit dere n compare. If u talk about dubai dey to started from d bottom n nw dey badest! Abeg oh!
stop this talk about the west being older than us. If that is how myopic you view this country that means we will always be behind the west. Since america is older than us by 200 years, in 200 years time, we will be in the current stage that they are and by then they will be another 200 years ahead of us. What a plonkish narrative. Why don't gulf states like qatar and dubai make such assumptions?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by theSpark(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2013

meanwhile as we havn't gottn out of Nigeria to see better haulage systems we'll have have to make do with the little we have (which we didnt have in 17years). Let us enjoy it first before complaining.

Whch 34 other states are you talking about? The train wudnt jump from lagos and land in kano. It wud crawl thru Ogun, Osun, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna and then Kano those are like 6 states. Imagne the economic boost. Warehouses etc. And this is just on the Western flank. The eastern flank wil cover about 6 other states when it starts. Chill bro, its development even if its not as fast as we want it.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ennon92(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2013
Prof Corruption: It took PDP fourteen years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need guys who can move with the dynamics of modern time. If 14 years were used to rehabilitate , how many years would it take to construct new rail lines? We can't wait for another fourteen year of clueless maladministration.

PDP has failed Nigerians.
and Nigerians has failed themselves.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2013
taharqa: Oh! SHUT tha trap you call mouth, Clown. Apart from Rehabilitating/Reconstructing more than 3000kms of Dead Rail tracks, GEJ has almost completed d laying of tracks in d New MODERN Abuja-Kaduna Standard Rail whose construction was began in 2011 (meaning the Modern Rail wud be finished in just bw 2-3 yrs ie in early/mid 2014). The same GEJ has also completed d laying of tracks on another STANDARD Rail line, Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Ore-Warri track (pending Navigational/Signals aids and Train Stations completion, which shld also be finished early next yr)- a Modern Rail track that was started in 1987 but which subsequent 6 diff Administrations have failed to complete. GEJ has also revived d Abuja InterCity Train Line which was started by OBJ but abandoned b4 he came into office- today, rail tracks, stations, culverts and bridges, are bn extensively constructed again along that line (though I don't know d present Completion rate of d ongoing work). Preliminary work has also began in d Modern Lagos-Ibadan Double Standard Track, just as Feasibility Studies on 10 other possible Rail routes for Standard Tracks across d nation is currently going on..... You 'people' wud die as more and more of these projects, in this sector and others, come to completion. And, trust that some of us wud throw it at ya faces here on NL, and watch to savour d Intense Confusion that wud follow yr faces..... CHEERS
hey idiot, by modern standard rail, what do you mean? How many km/h does it do, is it a semi high speed rail. Is it as fast as amtrack? Most of these project were signed by the obasanjo government in 2006 especially the lagos-ibadan. Was there any enhancement done on the plan? Please how many km/h does your "modern" train do?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by taharqa: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2013
Exmay: I went through this thread and I can't but feel sorry for my country men... Somebody is spending FG's/Tax payers' money in doing projects and I see e-praisesingers singing his praise as if he did this with his money...

#smhformycountrymen....
Keep shaking that ya head till it falls off ya neck, abeg... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
With a GDP of 111.88 billion dollars, no where near the 400 billion dollars nigeria has lost to corruption or the nearly 500 billion naigeria has recieved in aid money(more than what the u.s spent in reconstructing the entire western europe after world war 2) this are trains in MORDERN trains in bangledesh and MORDERN trains in nigeria.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by talktimi(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
There are plenty sad people in Nigeria and they call themselves "progressives"

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
taharqa: Keep shaking that ya head till it falls off ya neck, abeg... grin grin
LWKMD..

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
theshadyexpress:
I'm forced to call your IQ to question.u make it look like u can run a race by taking ten steps at a time or not stay fixed to the starting point.Listen child,Rome was not built in a day and it was not built by the words that came from the mouths of professional haters and never-do-well-critics.So Mr hater get a life and stop trying to woo others into your web of irredeemable confusion.
thumbs up to Gej and the fresh air team.

Now let me school your lousy brain Mr, didnt you read where i said do not politicize this because i wasnt talking about someones regime being better than the other, I was referring to Nigeria as a whole, for God sake the country is over 50years old and this is what you are freaking celebrating, are you normal at all, who is talking about GEJ completing the rail process or Yara'dua starting it, your low comprehensive memory has made you so daft that you didnt see that i was talking about Nigeria as a failed state in General, mr please next time before you try to make yourself look stupid in public consult your dictionary to be able to comprehend a sentence.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
theSpark:

meanwhile as we havn't gottn out of Nigeria to see better haulage systems we'll have have to make do with the little we have (which we didnt have in 17years). Let us enjoy it first before complaining.

Whch 34 other states are you talking about? The train wudnt jump from lagos and land in kano. It wud crawl thru Ogun, Osun, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna and then Kano those are like 6 states. Imagne the economic boost. Warehouses etc. And this is just on the Western flank. The eastern flank wil cover about 6 other states when it starts. Chill bro, its development even if its not as fast as we want it.

Really, so with that slow process you are thinking of a better economic boast, if it might interest you to know, other developed nations are now neglecting the rail process of haulage because of the risk involved, recent issue in Canada had a whole town wiped out because of a derailed train carrying crude oil. alot of other nations are starting to use better means and it is now your country wants to start it's own process, for how long are you Nigerians going to be daft in reasoning, like i said before, you are celebrating this rubbish because you probably haven't seen a better working system..if you had seen a better system in Nigeria, you will agree with me that this is just not it to be called development.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by talktimi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
The NRC actually has an action plan for the utilization of high speed trains in Nigeriar railway system but that will come later on after the rehabilitation of this existing network has been completed. Besides i hope you all know that such high speed trains run on stable electricity supply hence it will be fool hardy installing them now when our electricity generation is still abysmally low.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
ayobase:

We do know that of course.
Our pace has been sabotaged over the years, and somebody is here to set the pace back.

It is gradual process.

If a child that was once fat is starved, he will grow thin. And the child wouldn't grow fat instantly the day he is fed again.

Even at that desperate point, trying to over feed him to grow fat instantly will result to problem.

GEJ could be slow, but he is making progress...gradual process na the koko!

Mr, what is your problem with comprehension..? didnt you see where i said dont politicize this...was i talking about GEJ regime or others in the first place..? I was referring to Nigeria as a failed state and not what GEJ has done, or what another started so please spare me that gospel trash you just released from your shallow vocabulary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days / Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.