Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (19922 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by AbuRuqayya1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
[quote author=owolabifunke14]Eyaaaa Dangote graduate truck drivers have lost their job. Accident will reduce on our roads. Thumbs up to federal government,is not easy to revamp a sector after many years of neglect. Hope this will also create employment opportunities for the youths?
why are u such jealous? just because u fail last year truck drivers examination in Dangote company u r wishing to lose their job?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by dollarlander: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
190-the-clown:
that picture is photoshopped undecided

how sure are we that its real

there are still mack's on the road!

just as Elijah told that chief, that did not believe that food will be cheaper in Israel the following day, thou shall see it with your eyes but thou shall not eat thereof. so shall it be for all the enemies of GEJ.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by dollarlander: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: With a GDP of 111.88 billion dollars, no where near the 400 billion dollars nigeria has lost to corruption or the nearly 500 billion naigeria has recieved in aid money(more than what the u.s spent in reconstructing the entire western europe after world war 2) this are trains in MORDERN trains in bangledesh and MORDERN trains in nigeria.

we will surpass them,they went through their dark days. believ it, say it Nigeria is the giant of Africa. through Nigeria Africa shall be saved.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by dollarlander: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Dude, the fact that the colonialists did all that and yet left you with just one half-university for 100 million people at independence should tell you who that rail system was set up for, and it wasn't for you.

waho!!! you must be a man or woman with a good number of gray hair, wisdom is at work here. we need more people like you here in this forum to enlighten these kids born 20-25 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agbameta: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
t-something:

why are you talking with both sides of your mouth? In some posts you claim 14 years of PDP leadership hasn't provided any dividends, now you are praising OBJ and Yaradua to be the best thing to have happened to Nigeria as if these men weren't PDP leaders.

Let me tell you, there's no point hating when progress is made in your country because, everyone irrespective of religious and political affiliations would enjoy them. As I said earlier you can even attribute the credit to Lord Lugard , but what matters is that we all agree it's a milestone . Just like Ngige hailed the 3weeks UPS in Akwa, he and Rochas will start using the Akanu Ibiam airport for their international trips and nobody would discriminate against them as being from the opposition.

If you can't blame Late Yaradua for the current ASUU strike which is as a result of an agreement he entered in 2009 and never implemented , you should also not credit him for a contract he awarded and never completed in 4yrs.

Deal with it Bro , Naija is moving forward under the clueless one and you now so clueless on how to manage this barrage of good news hence you have resulted to changing names, from Eko Ile to Agbameta . Hope you don't run away from this names again soon.

Utter rubbish. There's a clear difference between OBJ and GEJ. One is competent and the other is very incompetent regardless of what political party they belong to.

OBJ initiated the project and he awarded the contract and the contractors did what they were paid to do so what's this got to do with GEJ? Nothing.

You do have attention deficit disorder because instead of staying on topic or dispute my assertion, you are doing babalawo figuring out who is agbameta and ekoile... What's this got to do with the topic or is this how you prove that GeJ awarded the contract and it was his vision to revive the railway..?

You people have no shame and credibility..
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agbameta: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
agitator: the ibos have a saying that "a cockroach can never be innocent in a gathering of fowls." undecided undecided undecided

If GEJ does anything positive, it is attributed to OBJ or Yar Adua. Meanwhile he takes the blame for all the failed infrastructures.
No Power - Blame GEJ
No equipment in Schools and Hospitals - Blame GEJ, etc. wink wink wink

Can you tell us exactly what Gej did regarding this project. Whose.vision was this? OBJ. Who awarded the contract? OBJ.

You people can not change facts or make up your own facts, you can not take away credits from the the competent and give if to the incompetent that wasn't anywhere around Aso rock when the project was initiated and contract awarded ....that's lunacy.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

Can you tell us exactly what Gej did regarding this project. Whose.vision was this? OBJ. Who awarded the contract? OBJ.

You people can not change facts or make up your own facts, you can not take away credits from the the competent and give if to the incompetent that wasn't anywhere around Aso rock when the project was initiated and contract awarded ....that's lunacy.

Why did we not read you say the same things about Fashola's "achievements" ATTRIBUTED Tinubu's vision & awarding the contracts
Different strokes for different folks?
Bad belle nor good, I swear!

Will it not be lunacy to have continued the projects (assuming they were really initiated meaningfully by his predecessors) when your "incompetent" could have simply suspended the contracts and continue sharing the national cake (aka Niger Delta oil revenue) as Buhari and the other MAXIMUM rulers in khakhi & boots did while our infrastructure was rotting away and nothing new was added?
Don't you think that is THE real "lunacy" for an "incompetent

5 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
ayobase:

If a child that was once fat is starved, he will grow thin. And the child wouldn't grow fat instantly the day he is fed again.

Even at that desperate point, trying to over feed him to grow fat instantly will result to problem.

GEJ could be slow, but he is making progress...gradual process na the koko!

Thanks for the analogy of the malnourished child.
Very appropriate to our Nigerian socio-economic situation.
Flagged for future reference and use. Hope you don't mind. wink

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by awodman: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Apapa port railway link before and after rehabilitation

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nebeuwa: Will Goodluck Jonathan get credit for this achievement from the South-West? I hope so...

Better hope not

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by plaindealer: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
anonimi:

Why did we not read you say the same things about Fashola's "achievements" ATTRIBUTED Tinubu's vision & awarding the contracts
Different strokes for different folks?
Bad belle nor good, I swear!

Will it not be lunacy to have continued the projects (assuming they were really initiated meaningfully by his predecessors) when your "incompetent" could have simply suspended the contracts and continue sharing the national cake (aka Niger Delta oil revenue) as Buhari and the other MAXIMUM rulers in khakhi & boots did while our infrastructure was rotting away and nothing new was added?
Don't you think that is THE real "lunacy" for an "incompetent

How exactly did gej continued the project? By coming up with his own rail vision and re awarding the contract or the contractors OBJ gave the contractors demanded a new vision from gej and a new contract from gej or even though they were given the contract to do the job by obj, they only completed the job because of gej? Where is your sense and your brains?

I know your brain is always under your feet with your red highlight like a woman on her period, but you not better than these other elementary school olodo on NL ...
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by successking: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
More of this Mr President, we are behind you.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by tsomething: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

Utter rubbish. There's a clear difference between OBJ and GEJ. One is competent and the other is very incompetent regardless of what political party they belong to.

OBJ initiated the project and he awarded the contract and the contractors did what they were paid to do so what's this got to do with GEJ? Nothing.

You do have attention deficit disorder because instead of staying on topic or dispute my assertion, you are doing babalawo figuring out who is agbameta and ekoile... What's this got to do with the topic or is this how you prove that GeJ awarded the contract and it was his vision to revive the railway..?

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

Some some people are just incurable 'medieval ignoramuses'. Its unbelievable that idiotas are still talking about contracts awarded by an OBJ that left office about 7 years ago? The country has witnessed about 7 budget cycles since OBJ left office. Ignorance is indeed a disease

6 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by talktimi(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

How exactly did gej continued the project? By coming up with his own rail vision and re awarding the contract or the contractors OBJ gave the contractors demanded a new vision from gej and a new contract from gej or even though they were given the contract to do the job by obj, they only completed the job because of gej? Where is your sense and your brains?

I know your brain is always under your feet with your red highlight like a woman on her period, but you not better than these other elementary school olodo on NL ...
i like the way you always pretend to be intelligent... Ok

6 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: ignorant you. So after all the billions are spent on this lomotives whoes life span is very short, futher billions will now be spent in the future to re-upgrade them to semi high speed. When everything could have been done now at a fixed lower price and save time. I suspect your thinking faculty is what the jonathan government works with.

See this clown. It's thinking like yours that led to this nation's stagnation (at least until now). Care to tell us the life-span/cycle of the current locomotive trains used in Nigeria? And do you also know that the NRC also procured new locomotive engines recently from China? All across the world, there are countries that use way older systems. A clear example is India that has a rail system over 100years old and still running. The Chinese equally run locomotive train system up Tibet 'cos of its reliability. 'same story in Northern America were the Canadians and Americans (AMTRAK) equally use locomotive systems to haul tonnes of cargo. So pls if you have anything sensible to say, just do us a favour and zip it.

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by themaskedman: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

Sometimes I wonder the kind of life you live outside nairaland, it must be a bitter and sad one.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

And another ignoramus steps in. So, if OBJ was that "competent", how come he failed to overhaul our rail network after EIGHT DAMN YEARS, yet "incompetent" GEJ was able to deliver in THREE YEARS? if thats what "incompetency" stands for these days, then I sure as hell will go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by plaindealer: 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
ocelot2006:

And another ignoramus steps in. So, if OBJ was that "competent", how come he failed to overhaul our rail network after EIGHT DAMN YEARS, yet "incompetent" GEJ was able to deliver in THREE YEARS? if thats what "incompetency" stands for these days, then I sure as hell will go for it.

themaskedman:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of life you live outside nairaland, it must be a bitter and sad one.

talktimi: i like the way you always pretend to be intelligent... Ok

All they have is their hate, their ignorance, their insults and their inbred crudity and vulgarity.

- Fani Kayode

^^^

I was expecting you jokers to come up with something to counter my point, but you came up short because you know deep down in your hearts that your incompetent GEJ has nothing to do with this thread and you can not defend it..

Instead, you insult and spew the usual garbage.

smh....
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by atlwireles: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

All they have is their hate, their ignorance, their insults and their inbred crudity and vulgarity.

- Fani Kayode

^^^

I was expecting you jokers to come up with something to counter my point, but you came up short because you know deep down in your hearts that your incompetent GEJ has nothing to do with this thread and you can not defend it..

smh....

You have not made any point, your post are the ones spewing the usual garbage.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
ocelot2006:

See this clown. It's thinking like yours that led to this nation's stagnation (at least until now). Care to tell us the life-span/cycle of the current locomotive trains used in Nigeria? And do you also know that the NRC also procured new locomotive engines recently from China? All across the world, there are countries that use way older systems. A clear example is India that has a rail system over 100years old and still running. The Chinese equally run locomotive train system up Tibet 'cos of its reliability. 'same story in Northern America were the Canadians and Americans (AMTRAK) equally use locomotive systems to haul tonnes of cargo. So pls if you have anything sensible to say, just do us a favour and zip it.
you see how stupid you are, you are comparing two story amtrack trains with this nigerian locomotives. Are you okay? Show me any amtrack. Chinese or tibet train pic that is like this nigerian human cargo train.

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by talktimi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

- Fani Kayode

^^^

smh....

cry me a river... grin
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ruffcoins(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

your hatred for GEJ
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ayobase(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
eddiebruk:

Mr, what is your problem with comprehension..? didnt you see where i said dont politicize this...was i talking about GEJ regime or others in the first place..? I was referring to Nigeria as a failed state and not what GEJ has done, or what another started so please spare me that gospel trash you just released from your shallow vocabulary.

I have already made my point, and you are welcome!
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by cjrane: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nebeuwa: Will Goodluck Jonathan get credit for this achievement from the South-West? I hope so...

The APC goons don't care if Nigeria is developed or not. The President is working so hard to develop Nigeria and remove it from being a backward poor country and deserve Kudos for a job well done.But the APC clowns are only after power,so that they can come back with their wuru-wuru and looting of Nigeria blind.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ruffcoins(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
plaindealer:

your hatred for GEJ is certainly overwhelming u, OBJ spent 8yrs in office awarding a rail rehabilitation contract from lagos to kano to ccecc, nd when yaradua came he divided nd reawarded d contract between ccecc nd costain west africa, nd possibly after yaradua alot of changes nd modification must have taken place, its an act of hatred for u nt to giv credit to dis present administration efforts in excelling where odas has failed. last i checked, in Nigeria its more easier to award contracts than to execute nd complete them, so u wud rada GEJ just sits nd award numerous phantom contracts than really produce results, wat of the power contracts obj awarded nd tried executing- shambles nd fraud, for your information abacha started the rail rehabiltation road map with the chinese, mayb u shud send the credit to his dead ass.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 12:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Symphony007: you see how stupid you are, you are comparing two story amtrack trains with this nigerian locomotives. Are you okay? Show me any amtrack. Chinese or tibet train pic that is like this nigerian human cargo train.

Hold on....is this the best you can come up with to counter the points raised by me? That the AMTRAK is double-decked? ........good Lord, i've been arguing with an immature kid all this while. Pls dont even bother posting a reply, it's past your bedtime. Leave the thread for the adults.

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 12:15am On Aug 25, 2013
plaindealer:

- Fani Kayode

^^^

smh....

Buttwipe, I asked you a simple question. why are you trying to dodge it?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

Hold on....is this the best you can come up with to counter the points raised by me? That the AMTRAK is double-decked? ........good Lord, i've been arguing with an immature kid all this while. Pls dont even bother posting a reply, it's past your bedtime. Leave the thread for the adults.
look at the grandfather. You are comparing amtrack that operating superliner(railcar) to your governments useless cramped locomotives and you call someone else a child. Did'nt you read my whole post? Show me any amtrack train that look like that human cargo locomotive your government is using to move people. Silly old man.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/superliner(railcar)
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by fujirice: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2013
Symphony007: look at the grandfather. You are comparing amtrack that operating superliner(railcar) to your governments useless cramped locomotives and you call someone else a child. Did'nt you read my whole post? Show me any amtrack train that look like that human cargo locomotive your government is using to move people. Silly old man.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/superliner(railcar)
Oga, it will do you a lot of good to drop whatever you have against this administration and laud good things when you see them. Seriously your posts are no longer of criticism but utter hatred and I wonder what you derive from it(from your posts about Enugu international airport to this). Please tone it down. Just bc this forum is where faceless individuals air their views shouldn't be a reason to abuse the privilege.
We have taken off AGAIN somewhere, where these your comments will make sense is after some years we didn't make any improvements from here on.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by nduchucks: 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
taharqa: It took a man GEJ just bw 2-3 yrs to reverse d Rot going on for decades and bringing back d Rails, with all its consequent Benefits to d Nation's Industries, Agric, and general Economy. You asked why we are outrageously celebrating? What can't HATRED and BIGOTRY not do to one's mind!! *smh*

If you actually believe that the efforts to revitalize the rail line between Lagos and Kano was perfected by GEJ in 2-3 years then you are either quite a dullard, or too partisan to be honest, to even yourself. The revitalization program started with OBJ's regime which awarded the contract to revitalize the said rail line to a Chinese company. Endemic corruption during that period did not allow the project to see the light of day until Yar'Adua put a freeze on the contract by withholding funding for the project. Yar'Adua went ahead to restructure the contract and put in place cleaner and more realistic plans to implement the construction contract. As we all know, YarAdua left us before he could see the project to completion.

GEJ inherited and implemented the framework left behind by Yar'Adua quite easily, the real credit belongs to Yar'Adua. Go and read up the reason why Yar'Adua froze the countract and how he restructured it before his death. You fools are now claiming that GEJ did it all in 2-3years. You sir, need to bury your head in shame for dispicable dishonesty. Stop misinforming gullible people. dolo

pcnwamadi:
Olodo, wat are u waiting for, go and kick dem out.. animal

You come across as an intellectual midget.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by lookmangiw(m): 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
karl max: Welldone gej for gradually bringing back the railway transport system that was abandoned for more than 20 years
God knows that it was late musa yaradua that started the rehabilitation of the nigerian rail system, he couldn't live to enjoy the kudos. So sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days / Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.