Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,713 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? (6452 Views)

Firefighter Who Died While Responding To Fire In Onitsha Market Fire Buried(pics / This Is Onitsha. Where Exactly Is Willie Working / Us- Onitsha Market The Biggest In D World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Abagworo(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

200 000 shops
Do you people even think before you lie ?
What is the area of one shop
Let us assume It is the size of a 20 foot container
That is 32.6 square metres X200000
=6.52 square kilometres =3 X 2.17 kilometre s

Make In a be calming down
Even if a shop is half of one container
200000 shops? Haba! We have been to this Ariaria N.a.
What kind of digital lie is this?

The market proper has 37,000 selling stores and over 35,000 warehouses making 72,000 but there are markets forming part of it like the shoe clusters and co that swelled the shops lying outside to nearly 200,000. The landmass is 3.2 square miles. The UN , Worldbank and a lot of organizations have been there and have verified statistics. The market union has organized system with registered members so it is not a guess work.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Bridget95(f): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2023
An idiot wakes up in his dirty room and begins to ask how big is onitsha main market.
Its no news that Onitsha main market is the biggest market in West Africa as regards the amount of goods and humans beings transacting business there on a daily basis. It is a known fact from years back. Onitsha main Market is the cradle of organized markets in Nigeria.

You can go 🚶‍♂️ do you physical research there,we know you guys don't travel out because you fear what you do to other in your region may befall you but it is not so.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by IamAtikulate: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

In excess of $3 billion. Are you not funny

And the whole state budget is less than
$1billion

If we ask for a source you will bring a blog that quoted another blog
Every day, Yorober keep proving why they are the most illiterate in Nigeria.

Wetin concern a state budget with transactions that go on in the market?

Nigeria GDP is around $450 billion (over N 300 trillion). And the budget is N27 trillion naira.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Every day, Yorober keep proving why they are the most illiterate in Nigeria.

Wetin concern a state budget with transactions that go on in the market?

Nigeria GDP is around $450 billion (over N 300 trillion). And the budget is N27 trillion naira.
Everythinh

Every where in the world tax efficiency is measured as a fraction of GDP

Hence the term Tax/GDP ratio

The joke is on you

You don't know, You don't know that you don't know but think you know it all

A complete ignoramus

What is the source of this $3 billion
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2023
Abagworo:

The market proper has 37,000 selling stores and over 35,000 warehouses making 72,000 but there are markets forming part of it like the shoe clusters and co that swelled the shops lying outside to nearly 200,000. The landmass is 3.2 square miles. The UN , Worldbank and a lot of organizations have been there and have verified statistics. The market union has organized system with registered members so it is not a guess work.
Source?

Simple question
Have you ever been to the market

Many of you just come here to talk bullshit
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Abagworo(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
Source?

Simple question
Have you ever been to the market

Many of you just come here to talk bullshit

I've been to the market.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/05/4000-of-ariaria-shops-now-enjoy-constant-electricity/

The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) has disclosed that out of the 37,000 shops located within the busy Ariaria International Market in Aba, Abia State, 4,000 have been connected to clean, affordable and stable electricity generated from a 9.5 megawatts (MW) gas-based power plant built under its Energising Economies Initiative (EEI) by a private investor.

https://newscritic.com.ng/2023/05/08/ariaria-market-traders-market-authorities-on-warpath-over-payment-of-levies/

Suleiman Anyalewechi, Aba

Palpable tension has enveloped Abia State largest market, the Ariaria International Market Aba, with traders at the over 150,000 number shops market poised for a showdown with the government appointed market officials over imposition of a last-minute levy.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:26am On Dec 17, 2023
Abagworo:

I've been to the market.

https://newscritic.com.ng/2023/05/08/ariaria-market-traders-market-authorities-on-warpath-over-payment-of-levies/

Suleiman Anyalewechi, Aba

Palpable tension has enveloped Abia State largest market, the Ariaria International Market Aba, with traders at the over 150,000 number shops market poised for a showdown with the government appointed market officials over imposition of a last-minute levy.
If you have been then you would know this is bullshit
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Abagworo(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
If you have been then you would know this is bullshit

I guess you've not been there otherwise you would know how real it is. Do you know more than the market union, Abia government and United Nations?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2023
Abagworo:

I guess you've not been there otherwise you would know how real it is. Do you know more than the market union, Abia government and United Nations?
I have ben to the market dozens of times so all these silly stories don't deceive me
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Abagworo(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
I have ben to the market dozens of times so all these silly stories don't deceive me

You've never set your foot there I can swear. I guess your reason for not believing is because it's in Southeast and wherever you are there's a wrong notion that nobody is living in Southeast only to be shocked a market could be that big. Try to travel small and know other places
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
Abagworo:

You've never set your foot there I can swear. I guess your reason for not believing is because it's in Southeast and wherever you are there's a wrong notion that nobody is living in Southeast only to be shocked a market could be that big. Try to travel small and know other places

You can swear? You are not sensible.
Is it mouth
Swear let us see

The claim. That there are 200000 shops is a LIE
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ogene001: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Abagworo:

I don't know who feed these brown roof people these negativities about SE
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ogene001: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
You have never crossed that Niger bridge, stop deceiving yourself
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by BeautifulMind2: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

You can swear? You are not sensible.
Is it mouth
Swear let us see

The claim. That there are 200000 shops is a LIE
Onitsha Main market remain the largest market in West Africa, your ranting here can't change that so stop wasting your time, even people from your region come here to buy goods

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Onitsha Main market remain the largest market in West Africa, your ranting here can't change that so stop wasting your time, even people from your region come here to buy goods
HOW LARGE?

You are the one ranting
Recycling blogs won't can be anything
Who measured it

By what metrics
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ogene001:

You have never crossed that Niger bridge, stop deceiving yourself
I
Your comment reflects your intelligence
I am.smarter than you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What Ben Bruce Said Today About Disaster That Is About Hitting Nigeria(pics) / ‘How Metuh Disbursed N400m For Media Project’ - Witness / ARMED FORCES DAY: We Appreciate Your Priceless Sacrifice - Dr. Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.