Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? (6455 Views)

Firefighter Who Died While Responding To Fire In Onitsha Market Fire Buried(pics / This Is Onitsha. Where Exactly Is Willie Working / Us- Onitsha Market The Biggest In D World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by igwebuike01: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ttalk:

Provide your statistic and not online jargon written by one IPOB under the influence of Mpurumiri
If the one we provide is not good enough then it's your turn to provide to counter it

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by igwebuike01: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

But t all the meat slaughtered in SE is slaughtered according to Islamic rites HALAL? You are irrelevant in the meat value chain

The problem you people have is hubris

You don't amount to ten but call yourself a hundred
Yoruba Muslims using his Yoruba Muslim junkyard to judge everybody. No be only Halal, na Boko Haram
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
igwebuike01:

If the one we provide is not good enough then it's your turn to provide to counter it

Jokes apart I'm yet to see any data on revenue from the the Onitsha market alongside another market that justify Onitsha as the biggest.

Is it true that Russians patronize the Onitsha market to buy drones?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by cadmanspize: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ttalk:

You should first define the market and understand what a market is before attempting to classify one as big over the other.

What I see playing out here is complete ignorance mixed with half-baked education.

You need to sit back and reflect on this and stop embarrassing yourself
Main market remains the BIGGEST in nigeria.
Tell me any market bigger than it if you think otherwise or you accept defeat

3 Likes

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
cadmanspize:

Main market remains the BIGGEST in nigeria.
Tell me any market bigger than it if you think otherwise or you accept defeat

I swear you don't know the definition of a market otherwise you won't say something like that
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
igwebuike01:

Yoruba Muslims using his Yoruba Muslim junkyard to judge everybody. No be only Halal, na Boko Haram
Yoruba Muslims are the major retailers of beef in Nigeria
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by ottersberger(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
How big is it leave story and tell us how big it is
You keep telling us it is the biggest Market known to man woman and goat
You tell us Russia comes there to buy drones
How big is Onitsha market?

How about finally leaving Ogbomosho to go and find out for yourself? . It's only some 6 or 7 hours drive, and if you ask nicely, I may just pay your hotel bills.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by cadmanspize: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ttalk:

I swear you don't know the definition of a market otherwise you won't say something like that
The biggest impediment that restrains one from acheaving breakthrough from poverty is sentiment & the incapability to accept reality.
Osogbo market is bigger than main market in every metric. Did you just felt good with that?
Easy...you're a man!
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
cadmanspize:

The biggest impediment that restrains one from acheaving breakthrough from poverty is sentiment & the incapability to accept reality.
Osogbo market is bigger than the main market in every metric. Did you just feel good with that?
Easy...you're a man!

What has poverty got to do with the discussion, or do you mean poverty of ideas? If that is what you mean you lack one.

Provide data since 2013 you were just beating about the bush.

My friend, your idea of a marketplace is not what it is. It sounds absurd in this present age to classify a market as a place where people gather physically to buy and sell.

When next you are taking a position on social media make sure you are grounded on the subject matter and not just dabble into discussion your brain cannot carry because you feel your bodys being beaten blue-black
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
ottersberger:

How about finally leaving Ogbomosho to go and find out for yourself? . It's only some 6 or 7 hours drive, and if you ask nicely, I may just pay your hotel bills.
So someone drove to all the markets in Africa before declaring Onitsha the biggest?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by cadmanspize: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ttalk:

What has poverty got to do with the discussion, or do you mean poverty of ideas? If that is what you mean you lack one.

My friend, your idea of a marketplace is not what it is. It sounds absurd in this present age to classify a market as a place where people gather physically to buy and sell.

When next you are taking a position on social media make sure you are grounded on the subject matter and not just dabble into discussion your brain cannot carry because you feel your bodys being beaten blue-black
You keep galivating around & proving me right, but here is my last attention_maybe you can cum.

Main market, onitsha, is the biggest market in Nigera by any metric of measurement.
Let me know a market in the whole Nigeria bigger than main market, onitsha, if you think otherwise. In that way, we can do a non-infant argument.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
cadmanspize:

You keep galivating around & proving me right, but here is my last attention_maybe you can cum.

Main market, onitsha, is the biggest market in Nigera by any metric of measurement.
Let me know a market in the whole Nigeria bigger than main market, onitsha, if you think otherwise. In that way, we can do a non-infant argument.

Why should I believe your opinion when you failed to show any record to back your point apart from typing it in bold.

Is that how educated people discuss in your village?

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by cadmanspize: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ttalk:

My friend, your idea of a marketplace is not what it is.
Poverty, sentiment & the incapabillty to accept reality is inseparable.

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
So someone drove to all the markets in Africa before declaring Onitsha the biggest?

Nnamdi Kanu was the one that proclaim Onitsha as the biggest market just the way he declared that Buhari was dead and we were being rule by El-Jubrin from Sudan
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Ttalk: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2023
cadmanspize:

Poverty, sentiment & the incapability to accept reality are inseparable.

Main market, Onitsha, is the biggest market in Nigeria by any metric of measurement.
Let me know a market in the whole of Nigeria bigger than the main market, onitsha, if you think otherwise. In that way, we can do a non-infant argument.

I agree with you on the bolded.

To People who believe someone who came 3rd in an election is the winner

To people who believe Buhari was dead and was replaced by ElJubrin from Sudan with photoshop of pictures to back up their claim.

Would believe Onitsha market is the biggest with no record to support their claim.

Those people are not only poor in materials, but poor in ideas and logical reasoning

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
XerXers:

Stop asking useless questions
Very mannerless and unruly behaviour
You need to learn how to act when you are among human

This bestial conduct is shameful
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
XerXers:

It's your duty to provide evidence disproving it. Stop constituting nuisance displaying crass ignorance

Yes you have been a nuisance

Good someone decided to shut you up grin
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Pathfinder2090: 4:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Onitsha market is the largest in West Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Brimstone77: 6:36am On Nov 19, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Let us settle it once andnd for all
How Huuuuuuuuuge I Onitsha market?
The cannot tell you
When a lie is repeated a lot it can become truth
I guarantee that Eboes CANNOT ANSWER those questions

It is not a pleasant place to visit

A pig cannot hide its dirt..

I already know that you're a hate filled neighbor from the waste land disguising..

Come to main market and do the measuring yourself, nobody will stop you from doing that..

No igbo will have time to engage you in your senseless argument..
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
BeautifulMind2:
The largest market in West Africa Onitsha Main-market witnessing massive crowd of customers from many parts of Nigeria for Xmas shopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNKybmbFBU?si=qVrokubKLb6GkdS9
What makes it the largest can you please explain

I want to learn

Largest how?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
Pathfinder2090:
Onitsha market is the largest in West Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods.
What is the geographical size ??

What is the volume of goods?

Do you have any facts? Any figures?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Abagworo(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
The largest market in terms of number of shops is Ariaria market Aba with 200,000 shops while the largest market by land mass in Nigeria is Trade Fair complex Lagos though it has a lot of undeveloped spaces . Ariaria market is still the 2nd largest by landmass. Onitsha main market might be the largest in volume of trade.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by NwekereNdokl: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
Envious bitter imo bastard. Everyone knows that Onitsha main market is the largest in west Africa. That’s why millions of imo indigenes are living in Anambra

Abagworo:
The largest market in terms of number of shops is Ariaria market Aba with 200,000 shops while the largest market by land mass in Nigeria is Trade Fair complex Lagos though it has a lot of undeveloped spaces . Ariaria market is still the 2nd largest by landmass. Onitsha main market might be the largest in volume of trade.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by IamAtikulate: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
Two simple questions
1. What is the landmass?
2. What is the sales revenue Annually
Onitsha main market posts over $3 billion annual transactions. That's over N2 trillion. Taxing only 5% of these transactions will generate an IGR that is bigger than the entire Ogun IGR. And remember VAT is 7.5%

The only problem is that 60% of these transactions are unbanked.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by IamAtikulate: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Abagworo:
You are right.

Main market annual trade volume is in the excess of $3 billion. Also, the NIWA reported that 70% of imported cargoes into Nigeria terminates in Anambra

1 Like

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
IamAtikulate:

You are right.

Main market annual trade volume is in the excess of $3 billion. Also, the NIWA reported that 70% of imported cargoes into Nigeria terminates in Anambra
In excess of $3 billion. Are you not funny

And the whole state budget is less than
$1billion

If we ask for a source you will bring a blog that quoted another blog
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Onitsha main market posts over $3 billion annual transactions. That's over N2 trillion. Taxing only 5% of these transactions will generate an IGR that is bigger than the entire Ogun IGR. And remember VAT is 7.5%

The only problem is that 60% of these transactions are unbanked.
That means they are unverifiable aka audio aka Ibo made story
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
Abagworo:
200 000 shops
Do you people even think before you lie ?
What is the area of one shop
Let us assume It is the size of a 20 foot container
That is 32.6 square metres X200000
=6.52 square kilometres =3 X 2.17 kilometre s

Make In a be calming down
Even if a shop is half of one container
200000 shops? Haba! We have been to this Ariaria N.a.
What kind of digital lie is this?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by BeautifulMind2: 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
What makes it the largest can you please explain

I want to learn

Largest how?
Onitsha Main market is the biggest market in Nigeria
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Onitsha Main market is the biggest market in Nigeria
How big is it?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by cadmanspize: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

200 000 shops
Do you people even think before you lie ?
What is the area of one shop
Let us assume It is the size of a 20 foot container
That is 32.6 square metres X200000
=6.52 square kilometres =3 X 2.17 kilometre s

Make In a be calming down
Even if a shop is half of one container
200000 shops? Haba! We have been to this Ariaria N.a.
What kind of digital lie is this?

You were'nt taught of storey building? Your school fees was a waste? Shops closing millions in deal can be 9.sqm if u don't know. I know a particular plaza with 240 shops plus stores. 4 phase per floor, 20 shops each phase 10/10.

Down east we don't do kobo/penny bussines on a rusted batcher like osogbo, so your doubtful impression is understandable.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
cadmanspize:

You were'nt taught of storey building? Your school fees was a waste? Shops closing millions in deal can be 9.sqm if u don't know. I know a particular plaza with 240 shops plus stores. 4 phase per floor, 20 shops each phase 10/10.

Down east we don't do kobo/penny bussines on a rusted batcher like osogbo, so your doubtful impression is understandable.
Storey building in Ariaria? Tell us More

I assume you have been there before

How many storeys are there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Barau’s Office Attack: Shekarau Blames Ganduje’s Aides, Petitions IGP / Tinubu - FG Practising Voodoo Economic Policy / TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.