Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (555948 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by TheBigUrban2: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
manmustwac: The Christian should have pŕayed for God to save his soul or better still pray to this God to strike him down himself. The fact that he has to threaten his life with his own actions proves that God is impotent, can't do anything, therefore according to us atheists don't exist

grin grin grin

The christian swore by God that he/she would deal with me in London.

God didnt tell the ediot that I had relocated long ago....

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jjfuma: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pastor says use candle to burn your bush hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTUFn-XiM8
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 1:05am On Aug 27, 2014
musKeeto: Anyone here watched The Wire? Old show......

I have

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi. So tonight I passed by a Catholic church in my school and I saw them performing deliverance/exorcism on some members. All these while, I never really thought about 'demon-possession' and 'deliverance' from a scientific point of view. I know most of the folks that become susceptible to those kind of stuff usually have deep seated psychological and low self esteem issues, but I wonder if anyone here is willing to provide the scientific hypothesis/explanation. Tag; Plaetton, Muskeeto, TheBigUrban2, Rationalmind, and any other person willing to give a logical opinion.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by plaetton: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
oluafolabi: Hi. So tonight I passed by a Catholic church in my school and I saw them performing deliverance/exorcism on some members. All these while, I never really thought about 'demon-possession' and 'deliverance' from a scientific point of view. I know most of the folks that become susceptible to those kind of stuff usually have deep seated psychological and low self esteem issues, but I wonder if anyone here is willing to provide the scientific hypothesis/explanation. Tag; Plaetton, Muskeeto, TheBigUrban2, Rationalmind, and any other person willing to give a logical opinion.

There is no scientific explanations because there is no such thing as demon possession.

The human mind is a very complex and very delicate networt of chemical, electrical, and social interactions. Any errors or misalignments in any one of these processes at any point in early childhood can result in deformed psyche.
In primitive times, these ailments of the human psyche were obviously not understood, and as such were classified as demonic possessions.
In this modern day, where we know so much about neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry, it is only within the realms of religious superstition that we still hear about demonic possessions.

Religions and the religious are very slow learners who are always feeling nostalgic about the good OK days of the dark ages. Lol.

Ask yourself this:
Why is it always poor women and children that always need exorcism from demons?
Is it because they are the weakest links in the social and economic chains??

Don forget that the priesthoods of religion are anchored upon and sustain their dominance on pretence and fraud.

6 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2014
oluafolabi: Hi. So tonight I passed by a Catholic church in my school and I saw them performing deliverance/exorcism on some members. All these while, I never really thought about 'demon-possession' and 'deliverance' from a scientific point of view. I know most of the folks that become susceptible to those kind of stuff usually have deep seated psychological and low self esteem issues, but I wonder if anyone here is willing to provide the scientific hypothesis/explanation. Tag; Plaetton, Muskeeto, TheBigUrban2, Rationalmind, and any other person willing to give a logical opinion.

You've gotten an outstanding reply from Plaetton.

There's this brilliant article that addresses it, you might check it out.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/exorcism-is-it-real/
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Just went through the alien thread on fp.

Depressed. And that UTD result.

Nothing matters anymore. angry
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
plaetton:

There is no scientific explanations . . .

Actually there is. Some of what is called "possession" is simply a case of multiple personality disorder or something similar.

You somewhat addressed it in your reply, but your first few words seem like a contradiction.

Cheers.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
musKeeto: Just went through the alien thread on fp.

Depressed. And that UTD result.

Nothing matters anymore. angry

bad manure joke 1

what's the diff between manure and a triangle?

a triangle has 3 points!!!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
wiegraf:

bad manure joke 1

what's the diff between manure and a triangle?

a triangle has 3 points!!!
angry
I stopped watching football 2 seasons ago. grin

Which season of the Wire did you enjoy the most? I just started season 5. Really great show.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Wayne Rooney walks into a sperm donor bank in London...
"I'd like to donate some sperm" he says to the receptionist.
"Certainly Sir" replies the receptionist, "have you donated before?".
"Yes" replies Wayne "you should have my details on your computer".
"Oh yes, I've found your details" says the receptionist "but I see you're going to need help. Shall I call your wife for you?"
"Why do I need help?" asks Wayne . The receptionist replies
"Well, it says on your record that you're a useless w0nker...."

musKeeto: angry
I stopped watching football 2 seasons ago. grin

Which season of the Wire did you enjoy the most? I just started season 5. Really great show.

Tough...
Love main oyinbo cop (the one that screams ENTP). Perhaps the main draw of the series...
Gay robin hood was awesome as well

To lesser degrees enjoyed (seemingly) incompetent, useless cop that later becomes teacher (screams INTP, and based off one of the series' writers. So you can see our superior influence in show; the focus on being rational and believable), main cop's brah partner (screams ESTP), etc etc

Watching those kids slowly morph from young promise to xters that would perpetuate the cycle; ie the one that becomes a killer and the one on his way to becoming a bum, was pretty cool. However, I'll let villains decide. In which case, and I as I prefer the first batch (the second batch were boring and simply lucky), the downfall of said first set made good watching. I think that season 3 or 4.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
musKeeto: You won't believe this...
http://hbowatch.com/the-wire-being-remastered-rebroadcast-in-hd-by-hbo/

Have you seen 'homicide: life on the street'? When first seeing The Wire I did not have to be told it was from the same team. Important differences though are that homicide is much more episodic and focuses only on the police force, making it a lot less ambitious than wire. Twas still fairly good imo though
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by samuelozibo: 11:58am On Sep 04, 2014
Samuel Ozibo Ajim Organization(the religion of wisdom and development) is an emerging global religion for those that would matter in life. The power live and fullfill life. A place to be for everyone welcomes all and sondary to a life ruled by wisdom. By Samuel Ozibo Ajim(The minister general).
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
where are gods son and Mr troll sef?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2014
wiegraf: where are gods son and Mr troll sef?
Mr. Troll is on another forum, happyatheistforum i think.
Not sure of the whereabouts of the ducktor joshthefarce..
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wellsaid(m): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Invest your money and your Time wisely. Add value to yourself by learning a new skill and make money limitlessly.

https://www.nairaland.com/1901429/acquire-valuable-skill-cheap-make

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1902529/how-nigerian-woman-elnathan-john/7#26375074

I read once there's nothing more ironic than black Christians and Christian feminists.

I'm tempted to agree
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Have you had your dream interpreted today?
What are you waiting for?
https://www.nairaland.com/1863925/dreams-interpretation-dreams-interpretation-dreams/43#26634083

#mysticChris

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by unmasking(m): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Once,I used to be angry if one is still indulging in sins ! But wen I got d revelation of Christ Jesus 2wards sinners,I started loving them WHILE been very careful wit them. Follow this link http:///hOHwhk to read. As us read,I pray d Almighty God opens ur eyes in d name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please follow the link http:///hOHwhk and read,then and understand before you start making comments ! Jesus Christ came for sinners and commanded us to continue doing same while He left.Please read the content in the link well,then post your comments if any.We learn every day ! Its not about arguement
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 04, 2014
I saw this interview and I wanted y'all to see it too.........Butchery!

(shymexx, muskeeto, logicboy01, maclatunji, CFCFan ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2014
oluafolabi:
Hi. So tonight I passed by a Catholic church in my school and I saw them performing deliverance/exorcism on some members. All these while, I never really thought about 'demon-possession' and 'deliverance' from a scientific point of view. I know most of the folks that become susceptible to those kind of stuff usually have deep seated psychological and low self esteem issues, but I wonder if anyone here is willing to provide the scientific hypothesis/explanation. Tag; Plaetton, Muskeeto, TheBigUrban2, Rationalmind, and any other person willing to give a logical opinion.

When I saw this I held my peace, now SMH.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

When I saw this I held my peace, now SMH.
Are you lost?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Hi guys,
I dont want to open a thread for this, I also want to see what like minds think about this.

I respect both Christianity and Islam, all religions in general. But what do you guys think about this "exclusive" ban in the Muslim section? I went in there and tried to comment on any thread there but some code prevents you. You have to make some sort of declaration before you can post anything in that section, if you click no you are only able to follow threads.

It has something to do with Islam threads being banned from the front page and they said it was unfair. On the surface it makes sense to say that, but really the solution of posting Islam threads on the front page and then making members go for a declaration ritual before they can post could potentially rile other members.

Personally I think Seun (He would prolly read this) should really look into this, every other religion has not got the protection they get on this website and that is the greatest injustice of all. I have no qualms with not posting in the islam section, but in the same vein muslims on nairaland should not be given in the opportunity to have an opinion of other peoples religion. Better still remove the religion section as a whole. Call it spiritual matters or just let go of it totally, that way the burden of trying to please everyone would be eased.

Am calling it as I see it, I am prolly not privy to information that goes behind the scenes. It still makes for a bad taste though.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
oluafolabi:
Are you lost?

U dey talk like small pikin. I am TRULY FINDING MYSELF and u dey ask me stupid queshun.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
UyiIredia:

U dey talk like small pikin. I am TRULY FINDING MYSELF and u dey ask me stupid queshun.
LOL. Typical Uyi. So how far with your religious dilemma?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
Hi guys,
I dont want to open a thread for this, I also want to see what like minds think about this.

I respect both Christianity and Islam, all religions in general. But what do you guys think about this "exclusive" ban in the Muslim section? I went in there and tried to comment on any thread there but some code prevents you. You have to make some sort of declaration before you can post anything in that section, if you click no you are only able to follow threads.

It has something to do with Islam threads being banned from the front page and they said it was unfair. On the surface it makes sense to say that, but really the solution of posting Islam threads on the front page and then making members go for a declaration ritual before they can post could potentially rile other members.

Personally I think Seun (He would prolly read this) should really look into this, every other religion has not got the protection they get on this website and that is the greatest injustice of all. I have no qualms with not posting in the islam section, but in the same vein muslims on nairaland should not be given in the opportunity to have an opinion of other peoples religion. Better still remove the religion section as a whole. Call it spiritual matters or just let go of it totally, that way the burden of trying to please everyone would be eased.

Am calling it as I see it, I am prolly not privy to information that goes behind the scenes. It still makes for a bad taste though.......
Seun is very scared.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Wisedata(m): 1:25am On Oct 07, 2014
WITH ME BY YOUR SIDE, NO POWER CAN DESTROY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY... COME WHAT MAY........ SATGURU MAHARAJJI....CALL THIS LINES FOR MAXIMUM PROTECTION AND SAFETY ON LAND, SEA, AND AIR.....08037192667, 08034007045, 08034014951, 08077076314, OR 08107745171

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.