Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (556120 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Sis, you must have noticed i ignore him most of the time. That is because trolls feed on attention, and the best way to defeat a troll is by starving them of their food. He has been saying rubbish since and i have been watching him silently. When he crosses the line, he will be reported.

He is far beneath me, and i will not engage him in his crass idiocy and attention seeking antics. I have known him much longer than you and my candid advice to you is stop chatting with him because he has no respect for anybody. I don't know the kind of upbringing he has had, neither do i care, but if he brings his mannerlessness to me, I will put him in his place. When you chat with him, you give him a chance to disrespect you. Report him and he will be banned.

grin grin grin

Should you be on this thread attacking an atheist in the first place? What is a christian doing in a non-christian chatbox? Hypocri.........

If Nairaland was a sensible place, you would have been banned for life!

I just dey watch
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by logoscope(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Rey my good friend. Longest time. . . . How you dey na?

I am very sure sire!

Alot of traditional medicines have been discovered with the help of Ifa. The knowledge of how to use herbs, leave and animal parts for the purpose of safeguarding our health in a medical way is promoted by Ifa.

On the other round, bible discourage one from using medicine and look up to one sky daddy. Luke was a physician but the gospels speak ill of medicines.

That is medical science.

Ifa does not rely on miracle. Bible does and we know miracles are fantasies.

How did water turn to wine by mere words? How does the cripple walk by mere prayer? How does a blind see by mere faith? How does dead rise up by mere exaltation of God? These are illogical and opposing to natural law.

No miracle in Ifa. If you have a problem, Ifa root out the problem, analyze it and provide method through which these problems can be solved.

It is a known everywhere that ancient and traditional medicine is potent. Modern science indeed authenticated this medicine and approved uses of it. Yoruba got theirs with the help of Ifa, how many medicines have been developed with the help of bible?

I was reading the bible sometimes ago where I found method of curing/cleansing leprosy. That is the greatest fantasy I have ever read.

Ifa authenticate that the earth is spherical and it is moving round the sun (obiri laye). The bible and church told us earth is flat with pillars. And that the star will fall into a smaller earth. If this is not jargon, I dont know what else it is.

The bible is seriously altered. The coptic bible, greek orthodox and catholic bible is different entirely with numbers of books and documentations. Where is the book of enouch, gospel of judas among others today? We all know the bible is heavily manipulated. This cannot be said with Ifa and it 256 corpus.

Moses initiated the writings of what we know today as bible. Moses lived some thousands years ago. He had the revelation and wrote what he saw. Prior to this, there is nothing like bible. However, Ifa has been here long before existence. It has no author.

Now you know and should agree.
Nice one sir. I know that the Bible has being altered cos I'm an ex-christian. But why should I believe in the Yoruba rituals, charms, e.t.c especially since some involves human sacrifice.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Sis, you must have noticed i ignore him most of the time. That is because trolls feed on attention, and the best way to defeat a troll is by starving them of their food. He has been saying rubbish since and i have been watching him silently. When he crosses the line, he will be reported.

He is far beneath me, and i will not engage him in his crass idiocy and attention seeking antics. I have known him much longer than you and my candid advice to you is stop chatting with him because he has no respect for anybody. I don't know the kind of upbringing he has had, neither do i care, but if he brings his mannerlessness to me, I will put him in his place. When you chat with him, you give him a chance to disrespect you. Report him and he will be banned.

No worries. He cannot disrespect me. I define my own respect. He amuses me. I love debating and arguing so this is just a funny pass-time for me. It relaxes my overstressed workbrain. If there was no JackBizzle there should be invited one!

#I love to have a good laugh smiley
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
At the end of the day, one has to wonder if some people are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Ishilove says that she is ignoring me and I'm the one trolling. The same ishilove that is a christian who followed me to this non-christian chatbox.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
logoscope:

Nice one sir. I know that the Bible has being altered cos I'm an ex-christian. But why should I believe in the Yoruba rituals, charms, e.t.c especially since some involves human sacrifice.

"human sacrifice.."...How? Is this still pratised these days?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

No worries. He cannot disrespect me. I define my own respect. He amuses me. I love debating and arguing so this is just a funny pass-time for me. It relaxes my overstressed workbrain. If there was no JackBizzle there should be invited one!

Which work? You are on nairaland at least 50% of the day.

I smell lies.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
JackBizzle:

Which work? You are on nairaland at least 50% of the day.

I smell lies.

Lol why are you recording my online time? I am also 100% of the time online on my phone,good you dont have my number. We have stable internet here and no NEPA. My page stays open in the browser and reloads automatically. If you had read well my earlier exchange with Reyginus u wld know that I am writing assignments, I only sleep like 3 hours a day to get all finished before i leave on friday, my only break is watching the logicboy soap and reading some news cheesy. kiss *see a doctor to get you nose checked
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by logoscope(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

I donno. I think it was once practiced.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ishilove:

This will be my last comment to you.

You claim that you ignore me and I'm seeking your attention

But let's examine the facts.

1) You followed me into this chatbox. I'm a non-christian in a non-christian chatbox. What are you doing here? By the letter of the law, you are trespassing.

2) You keep posting memes whenever anyone criticizes me. If you notice, there are 4 pages of pictures by you here. Why do you keep coming back here and posting memes if you are not pained by my utterances?

grin grin

Goodbye. It has been fun seeing you pained.

Moral lesson- anyone who is a fat, foul-mouthed, unmarried old lady, should not be insulting others because of her inefficiencies.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
logoscope:

I donno. I think it was once practiced.

Yeah i know but i dont know the details of the why and how. Pretty illegal if its still practiced. If anybody has more info about it, wld like to hear it.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Lol why are you recording my online time? I am also 100% of the time online on my phone,good you dont have my number. We have stable internet here and no NEPA. My page stays open in the browser and reloads automatically. If you had read well my earlier exchange with Reyginus u wld know that I am writing assignments, I only sleep like 3 hours a day to get all finished before i leave on friday, my only break is watching the logicboy soap and reading some news cheesy. kiss *see a doctor to get you nose checked

Even more lies grin grin grin grin

I admire your dedication though.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
@ Tufanja.

Goodbye. I'm off nairaland for 2 days (until friday evening).

Goodbye Reyginus
Goodbye Tufanja
Goodbye, fat-lonely-loudmouthed-foulmouthed-failed.moderator-razz-lady- grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by logoscope(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Yeah i know but i dont know the details of the why and how. Pretty illegal if its still practiced. If anybody has more info about it, wld like to hear it.

K. Are you a traditionalist?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Ishilove: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

I guess every forum needs a rabid, attention seeking troll to liven things up. cheesy

Notice that he says he is going off once i gave him my last word grin grin

Starve trolls of their meal and they will crawl back to the pit from whence they oozed from wink

To more important and edifying things! How is your assignment going?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
JackBizzle:

With every post, you keep exposing your ignorance.

First off, puns are very hard to pull off for non-native speakers. Secondly, you did not make a pun. You just tried to define "logician" in a new way.

Thirdly, I am already learning two world class languages.

Don't think that you are making sense because Ishilove "likes" your comments.
Ishilove is taken quit wanking with her pictures already
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
logoscope:

I wont deny human were sacrifced in Yoruba rites and tradition but this is not encouraged in anyway in Ifa or by Orunmila. Human sacrifice is very common during Oro ritual process. Oro is component of Isese but has nothing to do with Ifa. And as we know, human sacrifice was social norm in the past just like slavery. Christianity just like other tradition religion across the world engage in some form of sacrifice. Jesus sacrifed his life, Anshura in Islam involve sacrificing of bloodd and flesh of human. People are killed for sacrifice when a king died and during the burial process. This is basic Oro tradition and has nothing to do with Ifa. Humans are not sacrificed to any Orisha. I can confidently say no Orisha will accept human blood. One should note that human sacrifice is a practise within our tradition and not spirituality. Victims are killed when Oba die during burial rite. This is Oro custom. . . . And one should note that people are not killed randomly. There are "Abobaku" - which is someone who is chosen to be buried with the king, as according to customs, an King is never buried alone. This is title just like Kingmaker (Afobaje) title. Abobaku are the ones mostly killed as atonement to the land and to accompany the King to the ancestors realm. I understand how barbaric this act is but you cannot put the blame on anyone or the lay down tradition because before someone can be given the title "Abobaku", there would be some kind of mutual agreement between the person who want to be become Abobaku and the chiefs. Abobaku enjoy the same wealth and lifestyle of the king. Immediately they agree to sign up for this post, they are compensated with riches, land, investment, women and enjoy every service just like the King. Some Abobaku are friends of a prince. They know their fate. They are aware they will die immediately the king pass on. They know what will become of them when the king spirit breaks out. They understand they wont live when the king die. They know all these and agreed to lay down their life alongside the kings own. Some agree for the love of the prince or king. Some do because of the royal family. Some do because they want to familarize with palace. Some do because of their greed and what they will eventually earn.

The vital question people refuse to ask is, 'who do we blame'? Is it the royal family, or the custom or the Abobaku who voluntare to lay down his life when the king die? The sacrifice is norms and social upright custom that involve a consensual and mutual agreement between Abobaku and the Royal Family.

There are also some who fall victim during the burial rite of the king. They are later either freed, serve the palace as a punishment or killed. These victims are captured during Oro process. However, people are warned. There are awareness by the town crier, message conveyed through every means and information are dispersed that people, especially women and stranger or non-indigene should stay indoor. The primary point here is that they were warned. They turned deaf ear and have to bear the conequences of their decision.

In a state where there is no law, there is no crime likewise. Those who were sacrificed during Oro rite voluntared themselves or choose to go against the law. Do you blame the court for executing criminals? Or you cast the blame on the criminal who choose to pertain in criminal act?

This boils down to the matter of one's choice and decision. I think this is why we are called "Eniyan". . . .(the one who choose what befores him). There is a game of choices on board. All the choices result to one end of no return called death or let me say human sacrifice.

Ifa is not about Charm. It is more of self-development. Ifa help one to identify self, provide answer to purpose of our existence and ways of achieving it. Our Character is akin to our destiny. Iwa-pele is ultimate in Ifa. Keeping our destiny in harmony with incidence, time and choice is very vital. An inbalance is what lead to chaos. This is why we say Ori inu mi ma ba ti ode mi je. When there is no harmony, there is trouble (ara o ni ro okun be ni koni ro adie).

Eebo or sacrifce is called "paroparo" - Exchange. Nothing in nature comes free. One got to earn with something. There is live on earth because exchange one thing they have to collect their desire. We and trees breathe harmonously and exchange gas for our survival. We sacrifice cabonhydrate to breathe in Oxygen which trees sacrificed. Therefore life continue. . .an imbalance or disharmony means chaos - end of life. This Eebo is Natural and set in motion by the supreme power.

You got to sacrifice to live and procure your desire or you land in Chaos which you will regret. Riru ebo ni gbe ni.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Abobaku are sacrificed in present days though in a coded way.

What is wrong with someone that decides to sacrifice his life for the royal fam?

No be dem decision?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

I wont deny human were sacrifced in Yoruba rites and tradition but this is not encouraged in anyway in Ifa or by Orunmila. Human sacrifice is very common during Oro ritual process. Oro is component of Isese but has nothing to do with Ifa. And as we know, human sacrifice was social norm in the past just like slavery. Christianity just like other tradition religion across the world engage in some form of sacrifice. Jesus sacrifed his life, Anshura in Islam involve sacrificing of bloodd and flesh of human. People are killed for sacrifice when a king died and during the burial process. This is basic Oro tradition and has nothing to do with Ifa. Humans are not sacrificed to any Orisha. I can confidently say no Orisha will accept human blood. One should note that human sacrifice is a practise within our tradition and not spirituality. Victims are killed when Oba die during burial rite. This is Oro custom. . . . And one should note that people are not killed randomly. There are "Abobaku" - which is someone who is chosen to be buried with the king, as according to customs, an King is never buried alone. This is title just like Kingmaker (Afobaje) title. Abobaku are the ones mostly killed as atonement to the land and to accompany the King to the ancestors realm. I understand how barbaric this act is but you cannot put the blame on anyone or the lay down tradition because before someone can be given the title "Abobaku", there would be some kind of mutual agreement between the person who want to be become Abobaku and the chiefs. Abobaku enjoy the same wealth and lifestyle of the king. Immediately they agree to sign up for this post, they are compensated with riches, land, investment, women and enjoy every service just like the King. Some Abobaku are friends of a prince. They know their fate. They are aware they will die immediately the king pass on. They know what will become of them when the king spirit breaks out. They understand they wont live when the king die. They know all these and agreed to lay down their life alongside the kings own. Some agree for the love of the prince or king. Some do because of the royal family. Some do because they want to familarize with palace. Some do because of their greed and what they will eventually earn.

The vital question people refuse to ask is, 'who do we blame'? Is it the royal family, or the custom or the Abobaku who voluntare to lay down his life when the king die? The sacrifice is norms and social upright custom that involve a consensual and mutual agreement between Abobaku and the Royal Family.

There are also some who fall victim during the burial rite of the king. They are later either freed, serve the palace as a punishment or killed. These victims are captured during Oro process. However, people are warned. There are awareness by the town crier, message conveyed through every means and information are dispersed that people, especially women and stranger or non-indigene should stay indoor. The primary point here is that they were warned. They turned deaf ear and have to bear the conequences of their decision.

In a state where there is no law, there is no crime likewise. Those who were sacrificed during Oro rite voluntared themselves or choose to go against the law. Do you blame the court for executing criminals? Or you cast the blame on the criminal who choose to pertain in criminal act?

This boils down to the matter of one's choice and decision. I think this is why we are called "Eniyan". . . .(the one who choose what befores him). There is a game of choices on board. All the choices result to one end of no return called death or let me say human sacrifice.

Ifa is not about Charm. It is more of self-development. Ifa help one to identify self, provide answer to purpose of our existence and ways of achieving it. Our Character is akin to our destiny. Iwa-pele is ultimate in Ifa. Keeping our destiny in harmony with incidence, time and choice is very vital. An inbalance is what lead to chaos. This is why we say Ori inu mi ma ba ti ode mi je. When there is no harmony, there is trouble (ara o ni ro okun be ni koni ro adie).

Eebo or sacrifce is called "paroparo" - Exchange. Nothing in nature comes free. One got to earn with something. There is live on earth because exchange one thing they have to collect their desire. We and trees breathe harmonously and exchange gas for our survival. We sacrifice cabonhydrate to breathe in Oxygen which trees sacrificed. Therefore life continue. . .an imbalance or disharmony means chaos - end of life. This Eebo is Natural and set in motion by the supreme power.

You got to sacrifice to live and procure your desire or you land in Chaos which you will regret. Riru ebo ni gbe ni.

Thanks

Wow, thanks so much for doing the effort for this extended explanation! I got so many thoughts crossing my mind that I even don't know where to start my response. I will get back to you and the topic when I have had some time to chew on it and organize my thoughts.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Illegal?

The reason there is right to marriage is the reason there is a space for divorce.

The reason there is right to live is the reason there is a space to becoming 'Abobaku'.

How is that illegality?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ishilove:

To more important and edifying things! How is your assignment going?

Thanks for asking. Finished the major part last monday, yesterday went to Brussels to discuss the stuff and before my flight leaves on friday I need to finish the rest and get my stuff packed. Really only bad thing of traveling is always the lack of time to pack and that dragging around with luggage like a snail!

How be your side?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Illegal?

The reason there is right to marriage is the reason there is a space for divorce.

The reason there is right to live is the reason there is a space to becoming 'Abobaku'.

How is that illegality?

Indeed, it depends on which norms and values are encoded as guiding in your society.
For Nigeria...illegality is norm...whatever package of norms and values suits someone...as long as you have the money to bribe yourself out of it.

But I do believe in some universal laws of humanity...but let me get back to that discussion next time when I have time.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
logoscope:

K. Are you a traditionalist?

Depends on how you define that
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Wow, thanks so much for doing the effort for this extended explanation! I got so many thoughts crossing my mind that I even don't know where to start my response. I will get back to you and the topic when I have had some time to chew on it and organize my thoughts.

I will lok forward for your response
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
JackBizzle:
@ Tufanja.

Goodbye. I'm off nairaland for 2 days (until friday evening).

Goodbye Reyginus
Goodbye Tufanja
Goodbye, (sensored) grin grin

Wow, you will make your comeback when I take my flight fridayafternoon. That's an interesting coincidence. Hope I didnt chase you away grin. You know that we all love you here. Take well care!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Do you imply to ask me the etymology of 'spirit'? Spirit is the vital principle of a man, animate and innanimate object.

How does etymology of "spirit" have to do with Christianity? Didnt you guys call rock, stars and moon polytheistic, false god?
No. It's not about Christianity but what etymology of anything has to do with that thing. Are you clear now?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Reyginus:
No. It's not about Christianity but what etymology of anything has to do with that thing. Are you clear now?

I know etymology of a word capture the true meaning of it.

Spirituality has defined etymologically differ from christianity which is a religion
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Abobaku are sacrificed in present days though in a coded way.

What is wrong with someone that decides to sacrifice his life for the royal fam?

No be dem decision?

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

I know etymology of a word capture the true meaning of it.

Spirituality has defined etymologically differ from christianity which is a religion
What a logical contradiction. On one hand it captures true meanings of words but it doesn't capture Spirituality for Christianity which is a word. How do you do this? Where do you even think the Term emanated? Study some history and reply this.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by logoscope(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tufanja:

Depends on how you define that
I think you are cool!!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Reyginus:
What a logical contradiction. On one hand it captures true meanings of words but it doesn't capture Spirituality for Christianity which is a word. How do you do this? Where do you even think the Term emanated? Study some history and reply this.

Contradiction?

Christianity is a religion and not a spirituality.

Religion is not in anyway related to spirituality.

Get that
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
logoscope:

I think you are cool!!

The opinions about me are deeply divided here grin

* cool gangster look

Sweet dreams everyone
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Contradiction?

Christianity is a religion and not a spirituality.

Religion is not in anyway related to spirituality.

Get that
Do you agree that Etymologies are true of anything or you don't agree? Let's not confuse ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.