Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30417 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by StellaNwaebe(f): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
This law is against what God expects from humanity and so should not be ecouraged at all. It is legalised murder.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by dragon2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
Abortion is murder period. If you have aborted,confess and ask for forgiveness rather than harden you heart and defend the indefensible.Rape and murder which is worse? Is the solution to molestation murder? We are judged not by what happens to us but by what we do,after all that christ went through his last words included a prayer for his enemies.If you cant keep the child there and many childless couples that want him.It is one thing for individuals to abort,but to approve a law on abortion is for all of society to share in the blood and guilt of abortion. ----let his blood be on our head and that of our children---- God forbid.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: must he post the picture to tell us abortion is bad? does the picture not look offensive to you? haven't you heard of the phrase 'viewers discretion' ? oh please!!!

Just the picture alone is offensive to you yet you are applauding the evil act.How hypocritical!!The act is 1million times more offensive than the pictures the dude posted.Okorocha should not push his luck too far.He better learn from what happened to Ohakim.The catholic church brough him to power ,they can equally bring him down.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
adeaugustus:
You would have had a valid argument by not being emotional, the lady that gave birth had no choice when her mum gave birth to her, the same thing applies to the "dumped" baby, he has no choice!

where are the sentiments/emotions in my argument?

If as you say, the baby has no choice what those against abortion are doing is fighting for the baby that cannot fight for itself. we want to give the unborn child a voice because if it was given a choice it will choose to live.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is what the likes of the APC clown Okorocha wants to legalise in imo state.

http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Baby_Pictures_Abortion_Photos/
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Just the picture alone is offensive to you yet you are applauding the evil act.How hypocritical!!The act is 1million times more offensive than the pictures the dude posted.Okorocha should not push his luck too far.He better learn from what happened to Ohakim.The catholic church brough him to power ,they can equally bring him down.
Before you continue talking nonsense, show me where i supported abortion on this thread. If you fail to do so, stop quoting me if you have nothing meaningful to say. angry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Before you continue talking nonsense, show me where i supported abortion on this thread. If you fail to do so, stop quoting me if you have nothing meaningful to say. angry
cool
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44: This is what the likes of the APC clown Okorocha wants to legalise in imo state.

Was it not better he posted a link which you just did? you were foolishly supporting him? smh
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
kunletiwoo: cool
wink
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by babestell(f): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
Abortion is murder and a sin. Life begins at conception, so killing that child for any reason is murder. How many % of abortions are done because of rape or to save mothers life, I won't be surprised if its less than 10%.

But debating this bill will not solve the root issue which is the high rate of sexual immorality in our socities today. That's why we have a high rate of unwanted pregnancies that result in abortions.
For those saying how can u bring the child of a rapist into the world, child na child, when brought into this world they are all pure and without any character. It is the enviroment and the training they get that helps shape their characters into what it becomes. I have seen children of educated couples turn out useless and children of illitrates, teenagers, etc become useful members of society.
With the number of couples who are looking for babies spending money on IVF, maybe we could have situations where people could adopt babies who are not wanted.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
[/quote]Before you continue talking nonsense, show me where i supported abortion on this thread. If you fail to do so, stop quoting me if you have nothing meaningful to say. [quote]
berem: Abortion should be decided by the pregnant lady. It's a personal decision.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Was it not better he posted a link which you just did? you were foolishly supporting him? smh

just wait until i post more horrible pictures
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Heheheheee

Now technically, like ichie Adeaugustus rightly said, a baby is a parasite (DefinitionAn organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.[/color], the Mother is the primary individual in this equation because its her body that has been invaded. Its her bodies nutrients that this 'parasite' is feeding off of. Its her who gets inconvienienced and ends up dying in the end.

Now! If a Baby the Parasite is so troublesome that it has been medically ascertained that the continued stay of this baby inside the murder would lead to the death of the mother, you are of the opinion that we allow the mother die?! WOW!!

So if we charge a mother who aborts a baby That may have medically killed her with 1st degree murder, then can we please charge every woman who miscarries a baby with MANSLAUGHTER...

Heres one more;

The Gods are wise..
[/b]

comparing a baby to a parasite is rather coldhearted. your definition might be acceptable from the strictly scientific point of view but there are some human concepts that science will never capture. I can assure you that women who abort their babies dont do so feeling that they are getting rid of a parasite. they normally feel lots of guilt and the only reason they do it is because they have decided that the baby is going to complicate their lives and they choose to live uncomplicated lives rather than let the baby live.

Definition of manslaughter; The crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

in miscarriages the mother does not kill the baby. the baby's death is an accident. if the miscarriage is caused by an act of carelessness on the mother's part (e.g. she went on a drinking binge when she was just about to give birth) then she might be guilty of manslaughter

Bros, your arguments confuse me o. i dont know if you are serious or you are just pulling our legs

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

just wait until i post more horrible pictures
Does a personal decision by the pregnant woman means am in total support? seems there's something wrong with you. go on and post pictures of aborted babies. it's your business!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Does a personal decision by the pregnant woman means am in total support? seems there's something wrong with you. go on and post pictures of aborted babies. it's your business!!
berem: Does a personal decision by the pregnant woman means am in total support? seems there's something wrong with you. go on and post pictures of aborted babies. it's your business!!

You handed over the life of an unborn child to the discreton of the mother.You exlicitly ststed that the mother should dceide whether the child can live or die.You are pro-abortionn,there is no need been discreet about it.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

You handed over the life of an unborn child to the discreton of the mother.You exlicitly ststed that the mother should dceide whether the child can live or die.You are pro-abortionn,there is no need been discreet about it.
If men like you would stop fornication, women won't have abortions. You are a hypocrite! How many women have you gotten pregnant and they aborted the babies? You are trying to play a saint which you are not.you want to politicize the thread and give Rochas a bad name! shame on you!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
English Standard Version Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations

Thank God Jeremiah's mum did not abort him.A great prophet of God would not have been born.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by adicious(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
Whether Legal Or Illegal, It Happens Every Day, What's The Difference?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: If men like you would stop fornication, women won't have abortions. You are a hypocrite! How many women have you gotten pregnant and they aborted the babies? You are trying to play a saint which you are not.you want to politicize the thread and give Rochas a bad name! shame on you!!

POLITICS IS ABOUT EELCTING OFFICIALS TO ENACT LAWS TO PROTECT THE CITIZENRY AND NOT TO MURDER THEM.IF GOVERNOR ROCHAS IS NOT DOING THE JOB FOR WHICH MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATES ELECTED HIM.HE WOULD BE BOOTED OUT.YES THAT IS POLITICS AND I A HAPPY TO PLAY MY OWN PART IN PROTECTING THE INNOCENT ONES.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Jman06(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
The political downfall of governor Rochas okorocha began when he decided to join APC against d party that brought him into office.And now he's making d matter worse by fighting d catholic church.This man should be advised that he's digging his political grave!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ Chukwudi u dont have to upload such offensive pictures in a public forum to drive home your point. If anything you could have given a link and advise on the viewer's descretion. Pls remove it or create a link to it.
O diro nma n'anya biko. angry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

POLITICS IS ABOUT EELCTING OFFICIALS TO ENACT LAWS TO PROTECT THE CITIZENRY AND NOT TO MURDER THEM.IF GOVERNOR ROCHAS IS NOT DOING THE JOB FOR WHICH MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE OF IMO STATES ELECTED HIM.HE WOULD BE BOOTED OUT.YES THAT IS POLITICS AND I A HAPPY TO PLAY MY OWN PART IN PROTECTING THE INNOCENT ONES.
To hell with you and your malicious comments! Rochas and APC will rule Imo state whether abortion law or not! carry your bad belle go another place. nonsense!! Hypocrite!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: To hell with you and your malicious comments! Rochas and APC will rule Imo state whether abortion law or not! carry your bad belle go another place. nonsense!! Hypocrite!!

UNFORTUNATELY FOE YOU IMO STATE ELECTIONS ARE DECIDED ON THE GROUND IN IMO STATES AND NOT HERE ON NAIRALAND.LET HIM DARE THE CHURCH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM.OHAKIM'S CASE WOULD EVEN BE A CHILD PLAY COMPARED TO WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIM.

THE ACT OF ABORTION IS EVEN MORE SACRILEGIOUS THAN THE ACT OF BEATING UP A PRIEST.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
Reptyle:

Seems to me like the law is specific about instances where abortion can be procured. What's the fuss?
Paining me I joined this discussion late. That is one of the best things D governor has done especially as it relates to d women folk.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Atk01(f): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44: This is what the likes of the APC clown Okorocha wants to legalise in imo state.

I just looked at the pictures of aborted babies in the link above, and my heart bleed for those babies who would not have the opportunity to experience life. Everyone is born with a destiny to fulfil, and their's has been terminated. Abortion is murder! There is no smooth way to butter it up. Just because the foetus cannot protest against abortion, doesn't give anyone the right to kill them. A mother who beats her child to death is similar to the one who kills hers from the womb. Those ones who encourage young girls to have abortions, if they lose their wombs in the process, and after getting married in future cannot bear children, they will start accusing innocent people in the village of witchcraft. As for rape cases and molestation, i still don't push for abortion. Carry the pregnancy to term, keep the child if you can, or give them up for adoption. Don't deprive the child of the right to live. That's my opinion!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Kaydee2: 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
Imo State governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, and Catholic Medical Practitioners Association are at daggers-drawn over the abortion bill the former just signed into law.
The law, among others, permits women to procure abortion at will.

Sponsored by the Majority Leader and member representing Ahiazu Mbaise state constituency, Mrs. Adekunle Ihuoma, the law is to be cited as “Imo State of Nigeria, Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Law Number 12 of 2012”.
According to the new law, every woman shall have the right to enjoy reproductive rights, including  rights to medical abortion in cases of sexual assault, rape, incest and where the continued pregnancy endangers the life or the physical, mental, psychological or emotional health of the mother.
The law also stipulates that “every woman shall have the right to take decisions about her health needs and requirements.”
The law was very specific that a woman “shall have the right to determine the processes concerning reproduction in her body.”
Okorocha also approved that every woman should have a right to health, which should be understood to mean enjoyment of the highest level of physical, mental and social well-being and healthcare services.
These provisions include everything relating to family planning.
Chairman, Catholic Medical Practitioners Association, Dr. Phillip Njemanze, has reacted angrily to the law, arguing that “the law is anti-God, dehumanizing and totally unacceptable to the association.
“The law is devastating. With its signing into law by Governor Okorocha, abortion has been legalized in the state and anybody, just anybody can now ask for abortion as a right in the state.”
While recalling that the National Assembly had earlier rejected the bill, especially as it was against humanity, Njemanze reasoned that the law would encourage human egg trafficking.
Little by little that's how gay will be legalized if dis one can be achieved sad
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
adicious: Whether Legal Or Illegal, It Happens Every Day, What's The Difference?
I bow for them o.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
OKOROCHA THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BROGHT YOU TOM POWER,WE CAN ALSO PULL YOU DOWN.DO NOT DARE US

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Atk 01: I just looked at the pictures of aborted babies in the link above, and my heart bleed for those babies who would not have the opportunity to experience life. Everyone is born with a destiny to fulfil, and their's has been terminated. Abortion is murder! There is no smooth way to butter it up. Just because the foetus cannot protest against abortion, doesn't give anyone the right to kill them. A mother who beats her child to death is similar to the one who kills hers from the womb. Those ones who encourage young girls to have abortions, if they lose their wombs in the process, and after getting married in future cannot bear children, they will start accusing innocent people in the village of witchcraft. As for rape cases and molestation, i still don't push for abortion. Carry the pregnancy to term, keep the child if you can, or give them up for adoption. Don't deprive the child of the right to live. That's my opinion!
This your argument does not hold water abeg. What is your definition of a child? A woman shuld av d liberty to decided whether or not she wants to carry a foetus in her belly for 9-months. D foetus breaths thru her and u cannot force her to have what she does not want. The numba of abortions we have in ds country exceeds d numba of child birth. Xo y not protect the lives of thse women and girls by providing d legal frame work for the to av good and secure abortion. Let's stop dis whole relgious fireworks and not be more catholic dan d pope.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mathskill: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
If they can accommodate gay priests i see no reason why they should deny a lady her right to a genuine abortion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sallah: Fayose Distributes Rams To Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Ekweremadu Over Assassination Attempt On His Life(pics) / Buhari Attends NDA Passing Out Parade In Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.