Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30418 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

i wont judge you but i just looked at your profile pic and you are beautiful. you are going to have beautiful children. give them chance to live notwithstanding the circumstances around which they were conceived. Please sad
don't worry about my kids.the first one will be born in 2016 into the arms of very loving parents.and given the best of life smiley
Thanks for your concernsmiley
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44: OKOROCHA THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BROGHT YOU TOM POWER,WE CAN ALSO PULL YOU DOWN.DO NOT DARE US
Make catholic park well. Go to your church and tell 100 girls to swear wt the bible dat dey av not done abortion b4. 60 out of 100 must av done it b4. Ur here saying catholics would him out. Ttchhhew
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by chinicole: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
From most of the posts here, isn't it odd that , the men are the ones VEHEMENTLY supporting abortion?
Maybe because it frees them from their respondsibilities.
These are the men that will cajole and emotionally blackmail their female partners to have abortions,irregardless of the feelings of the women/girls themselves.
Every lady here, who has had an abortion knows that it is sinful.no matter the circumstances,The hearbreak , the burden of guilt persists for a long time.And a lot of women secretly mourn the loss.
It is only the serial offenders, who have been brainwashed by their irrespondsible men that harden their hearts and say there is nothing wrong with it.
No matter what the men argue here, no matter what some of the ladies say, we know the truth, that it is wrong.
Retrospectively looking, most women wish they did not abort.Even the men whom i have talked to often express regret at those decisions.

ladies, Give life a chance. If you dont want that child, there is a childless couple down the road that will be happy to have him/her.
when we listen to the news and we hear about baby factories that sell children for millions, doesn't that tell you that there is a GAP that you baby will fill in someone's life?
Be bold, be strong.
You are stronger than what that boy/man tells you. He is a coward and only seeks to protect himself.
Reach out to the churches for adoption options or go to the ministry of women affairs in your area.Remember, you always have an option than to take that life.
Where there is a will, where is a way.

If you commit abortion, it is murder. it is wrong. and you have completely denied the child the right to live.
If you have the child and give it up for adoption, you have reduced your burden, and the child can live.
Where there is life, there is hope.
GIve life a chance.

Please, think about it.DO NOT DO IT.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
lorretta u: don't worry about my kids.the first one will be born in 2016 into the arms of very loving parents.and given the best of life smiley
Thanks for your concernsmiley

anytime baby (in Barry White's baritone voice) smiley. eehmm. by the way, can i be one of the very loving parents? wink
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Anyigala: In every country where abortion has been legalised for whatever reason, it has always been abused. In UK, abortion was legalised in the late 60s and the law says that it can only be carried out when a woman's life is in danger or in the case of rape etc. The fact is that more than 5 million abortions has been carried out since then and only a fraction was due to any of the reasons the law stipulates.
It is a scientific fact that life begins at inception, to take that helpless, defenseless life is murder. Lets not coat the raw detail with fancy words like "reproductive rights" invented by abortion lobbyist.

What is d statistics of abortion in countries like Nigeria and Ghana wher abortion is illegal? And what is d statistic of child birth, still born and maternal mortality rate in Nigeria compared to the UK? What is the statistics of roam-about children (future thugs, prostitutes, stowaways, kidnapers, and boko haram recruits etc) in Nigeria compared to d UK?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

comparing a baby to a parasite is rather coldhearted. your definition might be acceptable from the strictly scientific point of view but there are some human concepts that science will never capture. I can assure you that women who abort their babies dont do so feeling that they are getting rid of a parasite. they normally feel lots of guilt and the only reason they do it is because they have decided that the baby is going to complicate their lives and they choose to live uncomplicated lives rather than let the baby live.

Definition of manslaughter; The crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

in miscarriages the mother does not kill the baby. the baby's death is an accident. if the miscarriage is caused by an act of carelessness on the mother's part (e.g. she went on a drinking binge when she was just about to give birth) then she might be guilty of manslaughter

Bros, your arguments confuse me o. i dont know if you are serious or you are just pulling our legs

[b]Heheehee

Bros.. I chose to be prctical in my approach to every subject of life.

Everyone has been throwing the word 'murder' around alot in this discussion. So we are now talking about child rights here (which technically under the laws of Nigeria, does not cover foetuses). So what about a mothers right?! The baby is a parasite (scientifically speaking). The mother has to carry this 'parasite', feed it, care for it and basically change her lifestyle to accomodate this 'parasite'.

Now the tricky part of this subject matter is that it crosses the Human rights of two parties. Now if a mother is diagonosed as having a troublesome pregnancy that might be fatal should she carry it to full term, who then has the right to live and the right to be killed off for the other to live?!

My point here is simply that life is not as straight forward as people think. I'll give you another complicated case; Conjoined foetuses. When these children are born and the parents decide to spilt them up, there are cases where one child has to be killed for the other to live. Question now becomes, how do we chose who goes and who lives? At every point in our lives, we are faced with tough choices. Abortion happens to be one of them. I personally feel its okay to abort a foetus that is under 3 months. The reason as far as i am concerned does not matter. If we can allow a mother kill off a foetus because her life is in danger, then why can she do same if her emotional life, financial life, social life, etc is in danger?!

I say the mother has the right to abort. Either that, or she can have the feotus taken out and the government can carry it till birth and care for it. #SIMPLE[/b]
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
chinicole: From most of the posts here, isn't it odd that , the men are the ones VEHEMENTLY supporting abortion?
Maybe because it frees them from their respondsibilities.
These are the men that will cajole and emotionally blackmail their female partners to have abortions,irregardless of the feelings of the women/girls themselves.
Every lady here, who has had an abortion knows that it is sinful.no matter the circumstances,The hearbreak , the burden of guilt persists for a long time.And a lot of women secretly mourn the loss.
It is only the serial offenders, who have been brainwashed by their irrespondsible men that harden their hearts and say there is nothing wrong with it.
No matter what the men argue here, no matter what some of the ladies say, we know the truth, that it is wrong.
Retrospectively looking, most women wish they did not abort.Even the men whom i have talked to often express regret at those decisions.

ladies, Give life a chance. If you dont want that child, there is a childless couple down the road that will be happy to have him/her.
when we listen to the news and we hear about baby factories that sell children for millions, doesn't that tell you that there is a GAP that you baby will fill in someone's life?
Be bold, be strong.
You are stronger than what that boy/man tells you. He is a coward and only seeks to protect himself.
Reach out to the churches for adoption options or go to the ministry of women affairs in your area.Remember, you always have an option than to take that life.
Where there is a will, where is a way.

If you commit abortion, it is murder. it is wrong. and you have completely denied the child the right to live.
If you have the child and give it up for adoption, you have reduced your burden, and the child can live.
Where there is life, there is hope.
GIve life a chance.

Please, think about it.DO NOT DO IT.
No one is saying the ladies shouldnot give the foetus a chance to become a child. What I am saying is that it should be d ladies choice to choose whether or not to so do. Y should d Law compel her to kip a child she can't cater for. Coutries wt childs rights laws and socila welfare scheme for chidren have long legalised abortion, u are here being emotional than rational.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Double27: 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
Amazondepth: As a Dr and a catholic I dsiagree with d position of d catholic Drs on this matter.some specific situations were espoused to justify d termination of pregnancy and it makes absolute sense!would any one allow a sibling,spouse,child or parent keep a pregnancy resulting from Rape or incest for example?nobody is promoting voluntary termination of unwanted pregnancies following wanton sexual escapades.we have to seperate d church from d state. D psycological burden of some pregnancy states are beyond d capacity of some individuals to handle.I have had a patient commit suicide cos she was made to keep a pregnancy that was as a result of rape
My dear doc, you are not a catholic. Seperate the church from the state and then encourage murder?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by joshuaidibia(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
Saraben: Abortion is simply murder no 2 ways abt it
wen u are in dat tight coner. U won't say dis.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Akainzo(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
themaskedman:
You know this is a very stupid comment. Imo State may not be owned by Catholics but still Catholics have they right to fight against what goes against their belief. Catholics have been fighting against abortion and anti pro life policies in the USA a country more religiously diverse than Imo State and nobody has told them America doesn‘t belong to them alone. The Catholic doctors have given their reasons why not give your own in support and move on.
Btw do you know that if voting were to be done on religious line strictly, Catholics will always carry the day in Imo State?

Strangely, many forgot the part where the constitution clearly stated that the "State Assemebly" is the representatives of the People and it is this same representatives of the People that actually passed the law!!

Okorocha is only assenting to a law passed by the State Assembly. Where were the Catholic Medical doctors when the bill was being debated in the House? Where were the Catholic majority in Imo state when the law was being debated in the House.
Also, if Imo State is made up of predominantly Catholics who have this belief against abortion, how come they elected a House that would predominantly go against the Catholic doctrine?

Something just isn't adding up in this protes?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Heheehee

Everyone has been throwing the word 'murder' around alot in this discussion. So we are now talking about child rights here (which technically under the laws of Nigeria, does not cover foetuses). So what about a mothers right?! The baby is a parasite (scientifically speaking). The mother has to carry this 'parasite', feed it, care for it and basically change her lifestyle to accomodate this 'parasite'.

Now the tricky part of this subject matter is that it crosses the Human rights of two parties. Now if a mother is diagonosed as having a troublesome pregnancy that might be fatal should she carry it to full term, who then has the right to live and the right to be killed off for the other to live?!

My point here is simply that life is not as straight forward as people think. I'll give you another complicated case; Conjoined foetuses. When these children are born and the parents decide to spilt them up, there are cases where one child has to be killed for the other to live. Question now becomes, how do we chose who goes and who lives? At every point in our lives, we are faced with tough choices. Abortion happens to be one of them. I personally feel its okay to abort a foetus that is under 3 months. The reason as far as i am concerned does not matter. If we can allow a mother kill off a foetus because her life is in danger, then why can she do same if her emotional life, financial life, social life, etc is in danger?!

I say the mother has the right to abort. Either that, or she can have the feotus taken out and the government can carry it till birth and care for it. #SIMPLE[/b]
Bros, may the heavens bless u. Am copying and pasting dis post on ma facebook page. I will acknolege u thoh. God bless u one more time.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by hardigsbaba(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
Girls be wise.........

Its a sin, its against the commandment of your creator (THOU SHALL NOT KILL).

Its a huge risk .... It might render you childless.

.............forget about the stigma attached( in a case of rape), let pple say wot they like, so far you are in tune wit GOD, we av seen cases whr fatherless kids become great men and women later in life.

i believe this law is not going to be obeyed as enshrined in the constitution, its more or less goin to aid promiscuity.

We need to turn to God and stop killing innocent souls coz of our human errors.

IF YOU CANNOT CREATE THAT LIFE, DO NOT KILL IT.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Akainzo:

Strangely, many forgot the part where the constitution clearly stated that the "State Assemebly" is the representatives of the People and it is this same representatives of the People that actually passed the law!!

Okorocha is only assenting to a law passed by the State Assembly. Where were the Catholic Medical doctors when the bill was being debated in the House? Where were the Catholic majority in Imo state when the law was being debated in the House.
Also, if Imo State is made up of predominantly Catholics who have this belief against abortion, how come they elected a House that would predominantly go against the Catholic doctrine?

Something just isn't adding up in this protes?

Do you actually believe nigerian politicians represent the interests of the people who voted them?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by hardigsbaba(m): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
In a case of molestation.............the solution is immediate cleansing of the womb, so as not to conceive the pregnancy.

but.........if u av conceived, then please its a life, dont kill it.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by emmanuelmichael(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Confusional conference
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

anytime baby (in Barry White's baritone voice) smiley. eehmm. by the way, can i be one of the very loving parents? wink
hahaha smiley
In Celine's ultra feminine voice and amidst batting of eyelashes
"Yes You may try"
But then just saw ur profile.
Oh uh embarassed
Runs away.don't wanna be given an acid bathe from a jealous/fiance lipsrsealed
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
Excerpts from A short story by an Anglican (NOT CATHOLIC) woman. its on a website called www.silencenomoreawareness.org for parents who are struggling to get over the guilt caused by committing an abortion

"Many people look at abortion from a political position but as a woman who has personally experienced one, I look at this issue from a different perspective. For many years I supported a woman's right to choose abortion because of my own choice. However, the reality of my abortion experience and the experiences of other women I’ve met, have caused me to change my opinion. I feel the last ten years have been a journey into truth behind the abortion rhetoric. This report is really a personal narrative of what I’ve learned and why I encourage people to reconsider their position on abortion.

On October 4th, 1976, when I was sixteen-years-old, and a junior in high school, I had an abortion in Detroit, Michigan. Afterwards, I went to my sister’s house to recover because my parents didn’t know about my pregnancy. That night as I lay in bed, I cried until I fell asleep. As I dressed the next morning, I was struggling to make sense of the day before, and I decided: “I’ll pretend yesterday never happened.” That’s how I lived for nineteen years, in denial, pretending I never had an abortion.

In 1994, I was with a small group of women, and we were sharing our struggles with one another. One young woman expressed how she had been struggling to bond with her newborn son. She said she had an abortion in college and felt it was why she couldn't bond with her baby. She said she was going through abortion recovery counseling. I told her I had an abortion when I was 16, and it was no big deal. I said she simply needed to get over it.

About six months later an experience in my basement forced me to recall that conversation. I was cleaning out boxes, and I found my yearbook from my junior year in high school. I picked it up, thinking I'd take a quick stroll down memory lane, but something strange happened. Instead of opening the book and seeing the kids’ faces, the yearbook felt like a baby, my baby. I knew instantly it was my child that I had aborted. I knew she was a little girl. I could feel her resting in my hands. And I knew that I had missed out on parenting a wonderful person, who would have brought a lot of joy into the world.

For the first time in nineteen years, as I felt my baby’s presence in my arms, I realized the full impact of my abortion. And I began to cry. As I cried, I recalled the conversation from six months earlier and I immediately called the woman who spoke about her abortion. Through my sobs, I said I needed help. She came to my house and sat with me while I wept and began to grieve for my aborted baby.

That day I started a journey that has changed my life. Like my friend, I attended an abortion recovery program. As I went through the program I began to understand what forgiveness and repentance is all about. I also understood that my child was in Heaven with God, and she forgave me too. During the abortion recovery program, they encourage you to recall different aspects of the abortion experience to help you heal. One of the strongest memories I have is of driving to the clinic and thinking: “This feels wrong, but because it's legal it must be okay.” I share this with you because it’s important to recognize that millions of people, especially young people, assume laws are designed to protect us— sometimes even from ourselves.

My opinion about abortion was also affected when I had to explain to my eight-year-daughter what abortion was. I had written out my abortion experience after going through the counseling, and I put a copy of it in my Bible. One day my daughter was playing church and went to my Bible for some Scripture references. She found my testimony and read it. The next night during dinner she asked me if I was married when I was 16. I said, “No, why?” She then asked if I was pregnant when I was 16. I put down my fork, said a prayer and replied, “Yes.” She thought for a moment, and then asked, “Where is the baby?”

Trying to explain to an 8-year-old what abortion is and why I had one was extremely difficult. After some discussion, I said it was bedtime, and she said, “Okay, but let me make sure I understand. You were pregnant when you were 16, and you killed your baby?” I had to look her in the eye and answer, “Yes.” The look of fear and disappointment in her eyes is something I will never forget."
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Heheehee

lol. i admire the fact that you argue without hurling insults around unlike most Nairalanders.

I wont even comment on the term 'parasite' anymore. As i said earlier the feelings a mother has towards her child cannot be defined by science.

mothers carrying fatal pregnancies happens once in a million cases. its not an easy decision to make but as someone said earlier on the thread some women chose not to abort, survived and are happy. others chose not to abort and died. their children grow up feeling forever grateful to the mothers who lost their lives to give them a chance to live theirs. Others aborted and the baby died. But the argument about making abortion legal has more to do with the majority of cases where the mother's life is not in danger. i dont agree with you that we can compare our financial, emotional and social life to the actual loss of life. If each time we feel financially or emotionally threatened we kill to remove the obstacle, very few people will be left on the face of the earth.

Finally, I agree with you that its a matter of rights. does the defenceless child not have the right to choose life? should the laws of the land not protect those who cannot protect themselves? I prefer your other suggestion that the baby should be put up for adoption by the government. that makes much more sense and i think that both parties will be happier apart from the few months of discomfort the mother will go through while carrying the child. But isnt it worth going through some discomfort so another human being can live a lifetime
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
lorretta u: hahaha smiley
"Yes You may try"
Oh uh embarassed

lol. ahem ahem. that is actually my mother and father when we were young embarassed (damn i should remove that pic).
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
lorretta u: hahaha smiley
"Yes You may try"
Oh uh embarassed

NL sent you a mail on my behalf because u are nt connected sad
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by netflydotcom(m): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
PLS,abortion is very bad,it might lead to the death of the person, if not handle properly,stop fucking without being protected.the person signing this is trying to reduce population but the money to take care of this babies are in d hand of few.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by SkyRider1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please let's give the unborn child a chance.

Imagine, you were aborted for one flimsy reason.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

lol. i admire the fact that you argue without hurling insults around unlike most Nairalanders.

I wont even comment on the term 'parasite' anymore. As i said earlier the feelings a mother has towards her child cannot be defined by science.

mothers carrying fatal pregnancies happens once in a million cases. its not an easy decision to make but as someone said earlier on the thread some women chose not to abort, survived and are happy. others chose not to abort and died. their children grow up feeling forever grateful to the mothers who lost their lives to give them a chance to live theirs. Others aborted and the baby died. But the argument about making abortion legal has more to do with the majority of cases where the mother's life is not in danger. i dont agree with you that we can compare our financial, emotional and social life to the actual loss of life. If each time we feel financially or emotionally threatened we kill to remove the obstacle, very few people will be left on the face of the earth.

Finally, I agree with you that its a matter of rights. does the defenceless child not have the right to choose life? should the laws of the land not protect those who cannot protect themselves? I prefer your other suggestion that the baby should be put up for adoption by the government. that makes much more sense and i think that both parties will be happier apart from the few months of discomfort the mother will go through while carrying the child. But isnt it worth going through some discomfort so another human being can live a lifetime

I'll respond in a bit!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DermalCarotene(f): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okorocha has a point... undecided
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by pazienza(m): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
thoth: actually even though the law states the condition on which abortion is allowed, what many of you fail to understand is that in the court of law it has several interpretaions. A woman can simply decide to abort a baby simply because she FEELS that it was not what she wants and therefore a concern to her health, there are many ways the whole line can be twisted.

Today i was informed that the law was drafted by USAID and they sorted the House of Assembly after the first attempt was rejected.

These USAID and others knows quite well what they are doing, it is we africans and our inferiority complex result in our quest to feel like to qhite man that is confused, very soon divorce laws will be introdued and i know people will like to sound modern and support it while our society disintegrates.

A woman who wants to spite you can abort your baby on basis of health reasons if she states that she does not feel healthy enough to proceed with the pregnancy.

May God help Africa.

When you take good care of her, she would be glad to have your baby. Stop blaming the white man for 'your' self made problem.

I am with Okorocha, every woman should have absolute control over her body,this is the way it should be. If you want a woman to bear your children, then learn to treat her like a queen. Nigeria is not a religious state, nobody is forcing catholics to commit abortion, catholics on the other hand,should not force non-catholics to abide by catholic religious and sanctimonious doctrines.

People should learn to live, and let others live. Those catholic doctors can go open a catholic managed hospital,where abortions will be criminalized,if they must work in the state controlled hospitals, they must abide by the laws of the state, which is secular and not religious.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
If you say abortion is murder, and murder is a sin. How many of you here can boast of keeping the 10 commandment religiously. Can you count the number of times you din in a day even outside the 10 commandments. may God help us all.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ChikezieEmma: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
How could Rochas forget so fast,he could hv learnt one single lesson from what happened to his predecessor. besides what effort has he made to check the incidences of rape n molestation!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by YoungChampion(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
Anti-christ at work...
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
pazienza:

When you take good care of her, she would be glad to have your baby. Stop blaming the white man for 'your' self made problem.

I am with Okorocha, every woman should have absolute control over her body,this is the way it should be. If you want a woman to bear your children, then learn to treat her like a queen. Nigeria is not a religious state, nobody is forcing catholics to commit abortion, catholics on the other hand,should not force non-catholics to abide by catholic religious and sanctimonious doctrines.

People should learn to live, and let others live. Those catholic doctors can go open a catholic managed hospital,where abortions will be criminalized,if they must work in the state controlled hospitals, they must abide by the laws of the state, which is secular and not religious.
sorry we are in a democrazy which is a govermentof the majority.Rochas should strive to d the will of he people who elected him
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Jman06(m): 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
Why are u being so daft?d catholic church does not and has never accommodated homosexualism.stop saying what u don't knw.
mathskill: If they can accommodate gay priests i see no reason why they should deny a lady her right to a genuine abortion.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Simon21(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
Xplodes2700: When i read some people's comment here am disapointed the way they think, i'm in support of the bill, pregnancy as a result of molestation or rape can be aborted, if you know the psychological and emotional pain the mother go through, plus the stigma attached to her from the society, if She's a student, her education is affected, and who will easy marry a single mum? Please lets not allow religion affect our sense Reasoning
stop reasoning on a shallow base please, we also can't shy away from the fact that abortion endangers d life of our female folks, we all know of cases of young girls loosing their life while attempting abortion so try comparing your so called "psychological and emotional pains" to d gross dangers involved in abortion.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by candor4(f): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okorocha is a sick man, instead of putting up industries 4 youth, he is building hotels, giving d youth a Go ahead to make out n abort,he is definitely sick

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan: I Am Not Involved In N-Power Job Racketeering / Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? / Osinbajo Takes COVID-19 Vaccine On Live TV (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.