Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much (2306 Views)

Single Guys:how Do You Cope With The Pressure. / Her Husband Is Addicted To Nairaland Romance Section. Pls Advise Her!!! / I Am 21 But Already Feeling The Pressure Badly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by anjola2207(f): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2008
i have tried sveral guys and none seem to be serious wit me and some wen they proved they re ,its either am being prayed for and was told i can nevr marry him.
recently i met a guy who my pastor said hes my husband and av gone to so many places and it was confirmed
hthe guy is handsome ,cool ,gentle ,forgiving and down to eart
but the only problem i have is that am taller and a bit on the plumby side than him
my problem now is the guy wants us to get married as soon as we can
am ready too cos am of age but am alwaysheld back by this feature of which am not proud to introduce him off to my friends as my fiance.
pla advise me wat to do.
the pressure is reallly on me to get married.
how do i over look these and get along with him
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by tope2000(f): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2008
Darling if you are ashamed to introduce him to ur friends then u dont love him, u are only with him because ur pastor said he is ur husband (n dats is all bullshit 2 me anywayz) and also because u think age is no more on your side. My advice to you is leave him and wait until God gives you the guy of dreams.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by jaybee3(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
tope2000:

Darling if you are ashamed to introduce him to your friends then u don't love him, u are only with him because your pastor said he is your husband (n that is is all bullshit 2 me anywayz) and also because u think age is no more on your side. My advice to you is leave him and wait until God gives you the guy of dreams.

"My advice to you is leave him and wait until God gives you the guy of dreams" dats a bit harsh. don't u think she needs to tell us abt the guy feauture that she ain't proud of.
Knowing the future will help towards giving the right advise. Love conquers all features!
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by tope2000(f): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2008
What the guy really looks like shouldnt really bother her if she loves him, there are people out there that are in love with disable people and they are not ashamed to be seen with them and to that is love.Nobody is perfect, there is always something u wish your girl or guy has that she doesnt but if you love them then u would learn to accpet them the way they are. To me she does seem to be really in2 guy, she just wanted to give him a try because her pastor told her he is her husband.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by gabelogan(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
IF YOU ARE NOT PROUD OF HIS "HEIGHT AND SIZE", WHY DID U AGREE TO DATE HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE??
THIS IS A CASE OF MISPLACED PRIORITIES AND YOUR CONFUSED STATE OF MIND.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by arianne(f): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
kind of agree with tope. your pastor says he's the one, but u have issues with his features. what if he is perfect to u in every way possible and your pastor says he aint the one? undecided.

my dear, life is give n take, u can't have it all. whats important is that he has the attributes u value the most. thats what will keep u guys going when he's bald and your figureless!
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by arshy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2008
tope2000:

Darling if you are ashamed to introduce him to your friends then u don't love him, u are only with him because your pastor said he is your husband (n that is is all bullshit 2 me anywayz) and also because u think age is no more on your side. My advice to you is leave him and wait until God gives you the guy of dreams.

you also need to know that u dont need to love or marry anybody because of sympathy and the pressure on your age. U really need to cool down and know that u love him down to earth, or else u might find yourself warming another man's bed after some months into to the marriage (i dont wish u this anyway), but u need to love with your head.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Godalone(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2008
arianne:

kind of agree with tope. your pastor says he's the one, but u have issues with his features. what is perfect to u in every way possible and your pastor says he aint the one? undecided.

my dear, life is give n take, u can't have it all. whats important is that he has the attributes u value the most. thats what will keep u guys going when he's bald and your figureless!

That is the best advice you can ever get from this thread.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by zignor(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2008
to introduce him off to my friends as my fiance.

come and introduce me to your friends kiss kiss kiss

the pressure is reallly on me to get married

don't marry for marriage sake undecided

how do i over look these and get along with him

Buy him a high heel shoe to measure up with your height grin grin
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by meachi(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2008
HEY GIRL,

THAT IS THE BEST ADVICE FROM TOPE

PLEASE STAY OFF THE GUY AND LET HIM YOU DON'T LOVE HIM
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by tope2000(f): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2008
meachi:

HEY GIRL,

THAT IS THE BEST ADVICE FROM TOPE

PLEASE STAY OFF THE GUY AND LET HIM YOU DON'T LOVE HIM
Abi o
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by buzyDiva(f): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
girl . . move according to ur pace and not the pace that pple set for u.
How does the pastor know that he's ur husband to be? is he psychic?

do not go ahead to propose marriage with this guy if u know u can neva get behind the fact the u guys are not physically compartible.

U shld marry someone cos u love them wholly regardless of their flaws.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by 2Legit: 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2008
arianne:

kind of agree with tope. your pastor says he's the one, but u have issues with his features. what is perfect to u in every way possible and your pastor says he aint the one? undecided.

Very sensible
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by meachi(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2008
how are you doin Tope, it been a long yime
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by earthrealm(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2008
the big question is,
do u luv him?,
are u attaracted to him?

hv u urself prayed about it?

4rm ur post, i can see that u r relying on other people 2 make ur mind up 4 u!!
marriage is a serious issue, its not something that u rely on other people 2 do 4 u,
bring out ya OWN praying mat
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by tope2000(f): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2008
meachi:

how are you doin Tope, it been a long yime
Im guessing u know me 2 huh?
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by squirrel20(f): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2008
It's clear you don't love this guy, you're only with him for the sake of your pastor(because pastor says he is the one). you better tell him u can't marry him because (he is short) instead of wasting his time.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Bossman(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2008
Firstly, do not believe any $hit that pastor tells you. It's all nonsense! Don't put too much pressure on yourself because some pastor said something. A lot of those pastors themselves are confused. When it's time, the right person will come along. It seems like this guy is not your type, so don't waste time with him.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Eclairs: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2008
this cannot be love. sorry! what happened to Love is blind, sorry colourblind
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by olanajim(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2008
@poster,
since you are a christain, I would advise you to find answer to your questions in the bible.

Sometimes, God bless us through things we dislike. Just to overide our selfish interest.

When children of Isreal ask for king, God gave then an unknown sheperd. They don't like that choice, but that choice played a great role in their progress. Again, the choice of David as the person to confront Goliat is also not what the people like. Today, history had shown God to be wise.

What if your pastor had asked you to marry a cripple or a blind man? Would have gone ahead?

If your pastor is NOT a fake, you are fortunate! But if he is just acting on his intuition and not God words, then God help ya!
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by origina9ja(f): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
Bossman:

Firstly, do not believe any $hit that pastor tells you. It's all nonsense! Don't put too much pressure on yourself because some pastor said something. A lot of those pastors themselves are confused. When it's time, the right person will come along. It seems like this guy is not your type, so don't waste time with him.

true talk
pastor say pastor say
even me i be my own pastor grin
everybody want 2 be a pastor frm behind i meant from above
so be very wise nd dont let dis pastor idea overtake your mind
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by francessby(f): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2008
Stay on your father's house since you are ashamed of your man, just hear yourself
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by subzeeero(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
"my pastor said hes my husband and av gone to so many places and it was confirmed"

What do you mean by so many places?

Elaborate a little or i'll be compelled to assume you are one of them.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Radiant(f): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2008
Which Pastor?? shocked As if there was a Pastor when our parents got married!

Why would you want to marry someone you can't stand next to just because "a Pastor confirmed" he's your husband? Why do people do these kind of things to themselves?

Better leave that Pastor, the guy and find yourself a man you're proud of. Tell your parents you haven't found a man you love. If they won't understand that then they're not worth being parents, sorry to say that.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by kokoye(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2008
hey girl, if ur not proud of him now, you wont ever be, even if you forced urself. I know its hard but dont fall to pressure. You do not want this guy, obviously.

There are things we can compromise on and thing we cant. ,

Lastly, marriage will not guarantee ur joy and happiness, in case that is what ur looking for.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Gamine(f): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
Eyah.

Marriage no be by force na.

Better dont marry someone u no like.

all this manage , manage which causes problems.

next thing we know, you will post another topic on how your husband. . . . .

abeg o!
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by SENATORJD(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2008
go ahead girl, and when things heat up and u can't stand it again, i guess the pastor would tell you u cannot divorce because it aint biblical and all that
girl,, folks here have said it all and i salute their(some) views

kokoye:

hey girl, if your not proud of him now, you wont ever be, even if you forced yourself. I know its hard but don't fall to pressure. You do not want this guy, obviously.
word
marriage aint a dating thing that u can just wake up and send a text ''i want to break up'', its a lifetime thingy girl
dnt think u want to be stuck to someone u dnt love for a long time.
what if God grants you soooo long a life like 100 years what u going to do?manage all d way?
Take a walk while u can
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by ima1(f): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2008
@poster

your reasons for not wanting this guy is based on physical features, so what if he is shorter than you, should that really matter if he is a good man. being too picky could lead you to the wrong man who will end up destroying your life and beating you up. so think b4 you leap eh.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Radiant(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
Ima, I don't think she really likes the guy. I think she's under the influence of her pastor. U 're a woman. You know how stubborn women can be when they like/love a guy. Ain't no pastor telling us jack cool
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by Uby40(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ poster

there's notin like a perfect man.
but an imperfect man made perfect, by his partner.

u have to love him and him "imperfections"
there's more to him than u think.
go for those attributes that sets him apart.
his size shudnt be the case her.
if u truly love him, u wont care about his looks.

unless its all about infactuation.
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by ima1(f): 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
Radiant:

Ima, I don't think she really likes the guy. I think she's under the influence of her pastor. You 're a woman. You know how stubborn women can be when they like/love a guy. Ain't no pastor telling us jack cool

true, cuz the height thing wouldn't be an issue like she is making it to be if she really does like him
Re: Pls Advise Me The Pressure Is Much by TOH(f): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2008
Uby40:

[b]

u have to love him and him "imperfections"

She doenst HAVE to do anything. Same way you dont HAVE to marry a girl with no boobs

If she really liked him she'd overlook his flaws but since they bother her that much then she doesnt really love him the way she thinks. She'd going according to the words of fake pastors

She'll know she has true feelings when she finds a guy and if he has whatever flaws she'll still be proud of him wherever she goes.

So tired of people purposely rushing into marriages just to be miserable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Playing The Gender Card / How To Woo A Nigerian Woman / Men Who Cry For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.