Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

She Refused To Be A Housewife - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Refused To Be A Housewife (2809 Views)

She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. / "I Dont Know Who Got Me Pregnant".true Life Confession Of A Housewife. / He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2008
abi o. . loving my kids does not mean I'll want to stay home everyday doing same thing. . .even the kids sef would want me to be at work
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by ima1(f): 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
No reasonable woman this day would want to be a full-time housewife and have her husband give her monthly allowance, (except if the monthly allowance was 1 mil naira a month). we women want independence, i mean wat if something happens to the husband and the hungry inlaws come claiming what is not theirs, wat should she do.

Personally after spending more than 5 years earning a BSc. degree and a Master's, i would not want to stay home n be a full-time housewife, i would rather work from home or work limited amount of hours at work.

why don't your friend open up a shop for her, that way she can still practice her profession.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by saucekid(m): 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2008
u don die wey u dey talk?
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by studio43(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2008
ima1:

No reasonable woman this day would want to be a full-time housewife and have her husband give her monthly allowance, (except if the monthly allowance was 1 mil naira a month). we women want independence, i mean what if something happens to the husband and the hungry inlaws come claiming what is not theirs, what should she do.

Personally after spending more than 5 years earning a BSc. degree and a Master's, i would not want to stay home n be a full-time housewife, i would rather work from home or work limited amount of hours at work.

why don't your friend open up a shop for her, that way she can still practice her profession.

daughters of EVE no dey ever want to be a house wife. its business as usual for them always u know wink
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by ima1(f): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2008
studio43:

daughters of EVE no dey ever want to be a house wife. its business as usual for them always u know wink

una suppose dey happy say una wife wan work so she no go dey ask you for every single thing. but una no want make she work, and when she begin dey make request you go dey say i no get money. make una use your brain.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by kojeiwa(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2008
I know this is a little of my topic. But do you women become less submissive if you work and make

as much as your husband?
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by sistawoman: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2008
kojeiwa:

I know this is a little of my topic. But do you women become less submissive if you work and make

as much as your husband?

No that has not happened in my case. I am still able to submit to my husband and work outside the home.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Ezinwannem: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2008
Let the man go and rest jare and be a househusband instead. How can an accountant become a housewife? Even if the man is a zillioniare, she should not agree, instead let her work part time. And what does he mean by it  is not going to be fair to the kids? datz a stupid excuse as if those people whom their parents worked and their mother wasnt  housewives didnt get decent home training,
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by TOH(f): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2008
the man is being selfish. The woman will be the one to lose out eventually if she stuck at home just depending on "monthly allowance" (an insult to someone you call a wife).

exactly. allowance? is she a kid?

If he wanted a housewife, he should have married someone who didnt go to college. What if the husband loses his job, economy in america isnt exactly great right now. so if he loses his job and she had already left hers then what happens?

No one cdan bloody survive on a ONE family income in the states anymore. People need to stop fooling themselves.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by TOH(f): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2008
why do people keep saying open a shop?

How the hell do you open a shop for an accountant?
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Ezinwannem: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2008
@TOH , lol, ask dem ooooooooo, not only being an Accountant sef, wat if the person aint Business inclined?
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2008
since he wants her to spend some more time athome,let him start up a biz for her,afterall this business women earn more money than office workers,as long as its a cool biz no probs,afterall na business women dey reign naw
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by onyinye2(f): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2008
i couldnt imagine being a housewife. i would love my kids but i also need something to call my own. if he feels so strongly about her staying home why dont you just stay home?? and the whole monthly allowance sort of made the situation worse. the woman wants to feel independent still and by offering her an allowance is like treating her like a child who depends on her father.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by TOH(f): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
i dont like that concept

If a woman reads a science course is she expected to open some stupid shop cos of her husband? let her BSC or MSc go to waste?

No offence to others but we are more valuable to society than those with this Bus Admin garbage
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by studio43(m): 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2008
if she refuses to be a house wife then fetch her a lesbian grin
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by hotchic1(f): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2008
Been a housewife nowadayz is a no  no,
I don't think any woman will want to spend several yrs in uni only to waste her BSc,MSc,BA,MA or whatever at home,I wouldn't do something of such and wouldn't advice anybody to do that.
The same guy will start shouting very soon that she's making excessive demands,even for nairaland,you know the number of threads on women been golddiggers and now you have the one that wants to be independent and you are calling her a selfish woman.
She's not going to ruin her entire life because of kids and has your friend considered how difficult it will be for her to pick up a job after staying at home for several years.

I think she might consider going part-time and the husband should also help when he's free or better use the monthly allowance he intend to give  her to pay the child bearers
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by LadyT(f): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2008
What about her working part time?

Doing maybe 3-4days a week.

This could be the end of their relationship if he feels he needs to force her.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Orimili(m): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2008
I don't think that I would want my wife to be a housewife. I guess I am attracted to women who have their own mind and are doing something for themselves, rather than fully depending on others. As far as raising children, it is very possible to raise kids when both parents work. The only thing, is that both parents will have to invest the time with their children for this to work, such as bringing your children to class, work, etc.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by NegroNtns(m): 2:44am On Jun 14, 2008
I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

she drive her own car, cool

Talk about INTERESTS not RIGHTS!

In life, you negotiate your interests to get ahead, you loose here, you gain there. Most of what they call rights in western culture are really not rights. The freedom of expression _ the right to speak what is on your mind. angry Who took that liberty away to begin with

Sometimes I think we acquire academic knowledge to a point where the law of diminishing returns kicks in and we regress in our ability for independent thoughts and vision and must rely on the media and the soap operas to now tell us what is the best way to live and raise family. How about exercising our innate gift of wisdom, the inner enlightenement.

In America, I don't care if you have 10 sources of income and work the next 30 years, your social economic status is not going to shoot rapidly past the middle income bracket. I am yet to see a lawyer or doctor or engineer in America listed in the world's 200 richest people. Creativity is what brings wealth in America. By staying home with the kids, the wife can enrich their cultural upbringing and nurture their creativity. Day care is a dumping ground, parks are dumping grounds, schools are terror zones, the only place left for them to have security and discipline is home. Mom's presence makes the difference. Since she is an accountant, daddy can help get her consulting contracts. There is tax filing season that covers from January to June and she doesn't even have to leave home. Get certification as a home business practitioner, get zoning exemption for home business if she lived in a zoned district, renovate the garage and furnish it for office space, install security and phone and network lines, generate market links. In fact, because its a home business she can write it off on income tax filing. Because its a home business her office space is a realty and can be itemized as a rental space from the home owner, the car can be itemized, including the fuel as cost of running business. They stand to gain more with her at home with the children than if both parents had to work and entrust the kids' care to a care taker.

My throat is dry, let me shut up lipsrsealed
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by HRhotness(f): 2:48am On Jun 14, 2008
@ Negro

You do make some valid points undecided
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by NegroNtns(m): 2:49am On Jun 14, 2008
I told you I graduated high school, you didnt believe me grin
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by HRhotness(f): 2:52am On Jun 14, 2008
Who wld have thot? undecided

well now i believe grin
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 14, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ Negro

You do make some valid points undecided

I have to agree.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 14, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

thank Gawd!! Finally. . .sheesh grin grin
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by amberella: 4:00am On Jun 14, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Day care is a dumping ground, parks are dumping grounds, schools are terror zones, the only place left for them to have security and discipline is home.

Where do you people get these ideas?

I stayed home with my kid for the first year.  It's what almost everyone does in Canada.  By the end, my kid was more than ready to go to daycare.  She loves it.  She goes to a home daycare with 4 other kids and she has a great time.  She was getting a bit bored of me and needed to make new friends and get into a new environment.

My daycare is not a dumping ground.  It's a wonderful place, we are friends with the lady who runs it, and my kid is happy there.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by squirrel20(f): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

she drive her own car,  cool

Talk about INTERESTS not RIGHTS!

In life, you negotiate your interests to get ahead, you loose here, you gain there.  Most of what they call rights in western culture are really not rights.  The freedom of expression _ the right to speak what is on your mind.  angry  Who took that liberty away to begin with 

Sometimes I think we acquire academic knowledge to a point where the law of diminishing returns kicks in and we regress in our ability for independent thoughts and vision and must rely on the media and the soap operas to now tell us what is the best way to live and raise family.  How about exercising our innate gift of wisdom, the inner enlightenement.

In America, I don't care if you have 10 sources of income and work the next 30 years, your social economic status is not going to shoot rapidly past the middle income bracket.  I am yet to see a lawyer or doctor or engineer in America listed  in the world's 200 richest people. Creativity is what brings wealth in America.  By staying home with the kids, the wife can enrich their cultural upbringing and nurture their creativity. Day care is a dumping ground, parks are dumping grounds, schools are terror zones, the only place left for them to have security and discipline is home.  Mom's presence makes the difference.  Since she is an accountant, daddy can help get her consulting contracts. There is tax filing season that covers from January to June and she doesn't even have to leave home. Get certification as a home business practitioner, get zoning exemption for home business if she lived in a zoned district, renovate the garage and furnish it for office space, install security and phone and network lines, generate market links. In fact, because its a home business she can write it off on income tax filing. Because its a home business her office space is a realty and can be itemized as a rental space from the home owner, the car can be itemized, including the fuel as cost of running business.  They stand to gain more with her at home with the children than if both parents had to work and entrust the kids' care to a care taker.

@ negro
I agree with some of the things u've said however i believe and am sure day cares and playgrounds are certainly not dumping ground because these are the places where children meet other kids and make friends. They even learn to read and write in day cares and by the time the start school, they would be doing very well.

@ poster
As for being a housewife, the lady should not accept it cos no one can predict what would happen in future to the husband's job.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by hanen(f): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2008
All dis one you people are talking is story. Housewife. For what na?

What her husband fails to realise is that ANYTHING can happen in the future, when it comes to jobs. What if the man loses his job, or times get bad? My mother used to work when i was younger. In fact, she didnt stop working till i was older. I went to daycares, and guess what. I learned to read at a very early age. When i finally started school, they pushed me up a class. daycares arent the devil, abeg. Some companies even have creches. And my siblings and i turned out a lot better than many people whose mum was there 24/7. Being a stay-at-home  doesn't guarantee a THING. It does guarantee a certain sense of boredom and helplessness on the woman's part. My mum regrets stopping work everyday.

And all those people that are saying, 'open shop'. Is it for everybody?!?! For me, such a thing is a waste of my intelligence and an insult to my ambitions. The two of them should work out something. Or the guy should quit HIS job and stay with the kids if its doing him like that, no be so?
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by TOH(f): 10:37am On Jun 14, 2008
he was probably dumped in some place in Ajegunle growing up which is why he's bitter.

for people that ae nurses and whatnot, I assume they should bring patients to their homes cos Negro says so. Mouth like spoilt mango
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by merge(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2008
hanen:

All this one you people are talking is story. Housewife. For what na?

What her husband fails to realise is that ANYTHING can happen in the future, when it comes to jobs. What if the man loses his job, or times get bad? My mother used to work when i was younger. In fact, she didnt stop working till i was older. I went to daycares, and guess what. I learned to read at a very early age. When i finally started school, they pushed me up a class. daycares arent the devil, abeg. Some companies even have creches. And my siblings and i turned out a lot better than many people whose mum was there 24/7. Being a stay-at-home doesn't guarantee a THING. It does guarantee a certain sense of boredom and helplessness on the woman's part. My mum regrets stopping work everyday.

And all those people that are saying, 'open shop'. Is it for everybody?!?! For me, such a thing is a waste of my intelligence and an insult to my ambitions. The two of them should work out something. Or the guy should quit HIS job and stay with the kids if its doing him like that, no be so?

Good post

I think the husband and wife should comprise with each other.

If she does not want to stay home, then she should at least work part-time.
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by funmeme(f): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2008
selfish is the best statement to be use!

how can a man tell me to sit home and do nothing 4 d future. mio le gba ru e! never!
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by 2old4that(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2008
Me prefer the husband setting a business for her to control;
that way it avoid her answering "yes sir", "no sir" to another man. grin
Re: She Refused To Be A Housewife by NegroNtns(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2008
lmao @morenike, you are silly cheesy

<Negro pulls TOH closer, gazes in her sexy seductive eyes and smooches her succulent lips with his deliciously sweet mango mouth> kiss

Can any man come to my rescue before this women kill me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Must We Double Date? / What Drives Girls To Cheat? / close this acct Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.