Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30790 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Originalsly: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
You cannot prove to anybody that God exists....is up to the person to believe. Is for the atheist to prove to you that there is no God....an atheist should be one that believe in science and logical thinking. My question to them is how was the earth and the world came into being since something Can't come out of mothing.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Let such read Psalm 14:1-7

I can't shout!

Person...Personally... Personally e go enter lake of fire, na all man for hinsef on that day.

Naso e go be.

So, I no need prove anything to anybody. We no need imprint am 4 billboard gbagada, b4 person know say Baba God exist.

BTW, Salvation is by personal conviction and experience.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
So many atheists on nairaland!
Una well done oh.

As for me, I don't need convincing anyone of GOD's existence; to each his own.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
if god created the universe, then you've got more questions than answer
1) who created god?(and don't say god has been existing forever because there is absolutely no way to prove that)
2) how are you sure that the universe isn't god?
3) which god created the universe(out of the 150,000 gods in existence today plus the millions of other gods in times past)
4) how do you prove to a person of different faith that your god is the true creator and not his(eg christian vs muslim god saga
5)why has evidence of god's supernatural existence suddenly gone with the advent of video cameras and the internet?
6)why did god create 'evil'(don't tell me evil was just there... after-all you claim god created all things)
7)of what use is creation to god?(after-all god is supposedly perfect what would creation add to an already perfect being?)
coolwhat is the role of life to god(what does he gain/lose.. why is he/she/they testing us, are they bored of their existence that they decided to create the universe?)
9)why are we not so different in make up from the other animals?(we share 96%-98% of our dna with the chimps for example. coincidence?)
10)how did different races of humans spring up from noah and his sons in just 4000yrs?
chew on this for now wink

6 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Originalsly: You cannot prove to anybody that God exists....is up to the person to believe. Is for the atheist to prove to you that there is no God....an atheist should be one that believe in science and logical thinking. My question to them is how was the earth and the world came into being since something Can't come out of mothing.

how did god come into being since something can't come out of nothing? tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by FILEBE(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
onetrack:

Indeed the world has many wonderous things, but also in equal parts chaos, cruelty, injustice, and deformity. In any case these wonders are easily explainable in terms of science. I've also seen some pretty amazing things created by humans as well.

As to your second point, ".....NO PROOF IS POSSIBLE." Proof is possible; just have your god(s) reveal itself to all people in earth, including the atheists, scientists, and skeptics. Your god should do something which by any standard should be considered a miracle, and subject to rigorous scientific testing.

A god whispering in the ears of long-dead people who called themselves 'prophets' is not sufficient, and the alleged 'miracles' which were performed in front of uneducated, superstitious people do not meet any standard for truth by any measure I could accept.

While it is unquestionably arrogant and not completely true, I like Ernest Hemingway's quote: "All thinking men are atheists." It is not enough to say that a god creates people and then chooses who he guides, which then separates the believers from the unbelievers. Such a god is not worthy of worship.
sure! Expected of you to say this. Afterall, you are human. Is it co-incidental that people before our generation said the same? They wanted evidence and prove of God's existence. Miracles were performed and what did they say?
"Oh! This is nothing but magic."
God sent to every nation a messenger to pave the way of truth for them. Yet, they still didn't believe. Are you any diffrent from them ? Huh?
God said: see! But they(u) will not see.

I think the best way to prove God existence to an atheist is by asking first if he believes in the existence of Jinns,spirits and supernatural things. How would he explain a man travelling overseas without moving an inch?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Vetsurgeon: As a follower of one of the two major religions.' i really cant say if God exists because of the killings and destruction of innocent children the master of the universe sits in heaven and watch, i cant say if he exists as war on worshippers of the Same God are killed by evil doers, i cant say if he exists as the evil people enjoy the world while the pious people are living in mysery and poverty and sickness while he sits and whatch them die of hunger and diseases... I dont know if he is there...or he is not there..dont blame me cos even those that would critisice me also have the same feeling but they hide it so they can not be called names....

Gbam.. most people just believe in god because their 'all loving' god has threatened them with hell if they don't believe in him

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Most Xtains don't even know that the new testament wasn't written by the apostles as most of it was written centuries after jesus died
They are they ones that need convincing . they should do more research on their religion.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by victory148(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
Just show d person psalm 14:1 n talk to d person as led.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pappykay360: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Some people are already heading to destruction by speaking ill of GOD. How on earth can you just open up your gutter and say there's no GOD?? Its obvious that such people are suffering from a chronic mental disability. Does it mean that the world formed itself?? Or do you think human being just fell down from no where?? I pray it will never be too late for you to realise the truth! He who has hear let him hear!

Peace to you all...

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by softelng(m): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
I pray the Holy Spirit of God reveals Himself to you the way He did to saul later Paul on his way to Damascus.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kayceenaz(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
cold:
You cannot prove the existence of something that wasn't there in the first place. God is a creation of man & not the other way round
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pekelepekele(m): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
Just wondering why atheist are not saying there is no satan

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by alcuin(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
onetrack:

Indeed the world has many wonderous things, but also in equal parts chaos, cruelty, injustice, and deformity. In any case these wonders are easily explainable in terms of science. I've also seen some pretty amazing things created by humans as well.

As to your second point, ".....NO PROOF IS POSSIBLE." Proof is possible; just have your god(s) reveal itself to all people in earth, including the atheists, scientists, and skeptics. Your god should do something which by any standard should be considered a miracle, and subject to rigorous scientific testing.

A god whispering in the ears of long-dead people who called themselves 'prophets' is not sufficient, and the alleged 'miracles' which were performed in front of uneducated, superstitious people do not meet any standard for truth by any measure I could accept.

While it is unquestionably arrogant and not completely true, I like Ernest Hemingway's quote: "All thinking men are atheists." It is not enough to say that a god creates people and then chooses who he guides, which then separates the believers from the unbelievers. Such a god is not worthy of worship.
A wise fool you are.... Answer me, what is thought Thought itself is a creation of the Creator, and it can not conceive what is higher than itself. Can a painting know its creator? Can a car have full knowlegde of its inventor?
Indeed, many people think they are thinking while in reality they do not.
It is correct that the "conception" of God held by the religions is their own creation but God is.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Bizibi(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Anybody can believe watever they want to believe but one day we all will know the real truth
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by FILEBE(m): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Vetsurgeon: As a follower of one of the two major religions.'[b] i really cant say if God exists because of the killings and destruction of innocent children the master of the universe sits in heaven and watch, i cant say if he exists as war on worshippers of the Same God are killed by evil doers, i cant say if he exists as the evil people enjoy the world while the pious people are living in mysery and poverty and sickness while he sits and whatch them die of hunger and diseases... I dont know if he is there...or he is not there..dont blame me cos even those that would critisice me also have the same feeling but they hide it so they can not be called [/b]names....
shallow reasoning(no insult intended). If we were to See God evryday humans will try to make mockery of him. If i know that God will always come to your aid when people attack you what then why then wil i know my right from wrong? I'll be like: Noting go happen,make them shoot me, while i commit all sort of sins. Every humanbeing will account for his deeds! God is watching. He saves whom i wills. And he knows what's he is doing.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hello all.
I , love this thread .
I was born a Christian but recently started thinking religion and its other appurtenances are nothing but delusions .

Am preparing to come out to tell my wife, other family members and friends that i no longer believe in the long stories about God .I can tell you confidently that i have seen it all concerning the message of christ !

So, like the OP asked ....is there any means you can use to kindly ( i really want to believe) convince me about the veracity of the claim of God's existence!!!! ....or as per Charles Dawkins its just all about a God delusion that has afflicted our race since the beginning of civilization ?

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by alcuin(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
FILEBE:
sure! Expected of you to say this. Afterall, you are human. Is it co-incidental that people before our generation said the same? They wanted evidence and prove of God's existence. Miracles were performed and what did they say?
"Oh! This is nothing but magic."
God sent to every nation a messenger to pave the way of truth for them. Yet, they still didn't believe. Are you any diffrent from them ? Huh?
God said: see! But they(u) will not see.

I think the best way to prove God existence to an atheist is by asking first if he believes in the existence of Jinns,spirits and supernatural things. How would he explain a man travelling overseas without moving an inch?
Don't mind him....shallow people wen neva see anything and want to get the reputation for being deep thinkers.
Consult a good native doctor or visit one of the cultural festivals....and try to explain what you experience.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by khaz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
God has shown Himself in so many ways 2 d Atheist nd Xtians dt He is One nd dt He exists.....
So many miracles these days:
A child born wit Qur"an in Lagos
The words of God written on Birds, Fish, Goats etc
All these Miracles are real.... nd if U dont believe... One day, It wil happen 2 U personally.... La Ilaha Ila Allah
No Islaam; No Paradise!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
Originalsly: You cannot prove to anybody that God exists....is up to the person to believe. Is for the atheist to prove to you that there is no God....an atheist should be one that believe in science and logical thinking. My question to them is how was the earth and the world came into being since something Can't come out of mothing.

Athiests did not say God exist christians did. So christians and muslims need to prove his existence...... If you cannot,it means he doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
khaz: God has shown Himself in so many ways 2 d Atheist nd Xtians dt He is One nd dt He exists.....
So many miracles these days:
A child born wit Qur"an in Lagos
The words of God written on Birds, Fish, Goats etc
All these Miracles are real.... nd if U dont believe... One day, It wil happen 2 U personally.... La Ilaha Ila Allah
No Islaam; No Paradise!!!

That still did not prove the existence of a god. Give us a concrete proof and i will be the first to believe you

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
put a gun to the head of the self professed atheist...you'd know the dude aint no atheist undecided...ok juss playn. If you know one personally, aint no use argueing or trying to prove anything 'cos they as blind as bat! Tell me how one can see the grandeur of hills,mountains,the oceans,seasons..all carefully formed and arranged, and not realise that someone Greater with infinite intelligence have created them all..No you don't prove, you get down on your knees and pray for that person..you pray against the spirit of unbelief and the mind binding demon having the heart and mind of such a soul under their influence.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
ebamma 3: to the bible believing and allah believing guys in the house, how can you prove to an atheist that God really exist?
Behind Every Force/matter/body/something/anything there ''should/Must'' be a force/matter/body/something/a thing that propels such force/body/matter to act/function/respond in some certain ways either within itself and/or Outside itself in some certain/specific/normal and/or Abnormal way........ .....

THE ABSOLUTE FORCE from whom other forces emanate and return is what we people tagged ''GOD'' while Others tagged it whatever name they tagged it but Each one defining how such Absoluteness is worshipped/Praised in their own HUMAN LIMITED WAY !!!

And That Absolute Force which tagged itself Alpha and Omega ...... Omniscient and OmniPotent can be anything beyond the comprehension of we MAN !!!

Kudos to Scientist,they still have billions of years to unravel those treasures embedded in the planet Earth alone ....... Many Treasures are also embedded in other planet and planetary bodies yet to be unravelled !!!

Discovery of Knowledge by we Human is never absolute in itself as there are many forces and events even within our planet that scientist are yet to provide answers nor unravel their MYSTERY !!!

Discovery of Knowledge only proofs the existence of a Supreme Deity; who has Absolute Knowledge of ''everything'' !!!

And Something; ''GOD'' comes up in the scriptures and said No ones know Nothing except which I allowed to be known for I am the absolute Knowledge ......... That thing that said such deserves to be worshipped for his absolutism!!!

I,Donroxy, worships the Supreme and Absolute Force from whom other forces emanate and to whom they returns ......I worship the ''God'' of Abraham,Moses,Jesus and Mohammed (SAW) ....... !!!

SubhAna Robika Robil Hizati,Ama Yasifuna wa salamun Ala l' mursalin,Wal Ahmdulilah Robil Halamin !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Enigma(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
donroxy: ....

SubhAna Robika Robil Hizati,Ama Yasifuna wa salamun Ala l' mursalin,Wal Ahmdulilah Robil Halamin !!!

[Digression alert]

Funny enough, this "Ameen" is something I have been examining quite a bit recently --- especially when said at the end of/along with Sura Fatiha!

Disclosure: I am not a Moslem by any means; I am a Christian instead! cheesy

[/Digression alert]
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Judas2013: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
PastelChic: put a gun to the head of the self professed atheist...you'd know the dude aint no atheist undecided...ok juss playn. If you know one personally, aint no use argueing or trying to prove anything 'cos they as blind as bat! Tell me how one can see the grandeur of hills,mountains,the oceans,seasons..all carefully formed and arranged, and not realise that someone Greater with infinite intelligence have created them all..No you don't prove, you get down on your knees and pray for that person..you pray against the spirit of unbelief and the mind binding demon having the heart and mind of such a soul under their influence.

Are you kidding me? If you go see the Eiffel tower in france and how beautiful it is,will you bow down to worship the beautiful/intelligent minds who built it? No! The sun,moon and the planets are the work of nature,isnt it? When last have you looked at the Sun and thank it for coming out to protect you from cold? Never! Those are thing we can see and appreciate...not worship or pray to. Now show us a proof your god created all these things...

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Judas2013: 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Afrobasic: if god created the universe, then you've got more questions than answer
1) who created god?(and don't say god has been existing forever because there is absolutely no way to prove that)
2) how are you sure that the universe isn't god?
3) which god created the universe(out of the 150,000 gods in existence today plus the millions of other gods in times past)
4) how do you prove to a person of different faith that your god is the true creator and not his(eg christian vs muslim god saga
5)why has evidence of god's supernatural existence suddenly gone with the advent of video cameras and the internet?
6)why did god create 'evil'(don't tell me evil was just there... after-all you claim god created all things)
7)of what use is creation to god?(after-all god is supposedly perfect what would creation add to an already perfect being?)
coolwhat is the role of life to god(what does he gain/lose.. why is he/she/they testing us, are they bored of their existence that they decided to create the universe?)
9)why are we not so different in make up from the other animals?(we share 96%-98% of our dna with the chimps for example. coincidence?)
10)how did different races of humans spring up from noah and his sons in just 4000yrs?
chew on this for now wink

If the christian deity(out of several deity) created good and evil,that means he considered humans life as a game he can play with his ps3 controller. He decides their future,sees who will worship him and those clever and strong enough to reject him.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by mayorhy: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
For those who believe no proof is necessary, to those who don't no proof is possible

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Enigma:

[Digression alert]

Funny enough, this "Ameen" is something I have been examining quite a bit recently --- especially when said at the end of/along with Sura Fatiha!

Disclosure: I am not a Moslem by any means; I am a Christian instead! cheesy

[/Digression alert]
Halamin is not the same as ''Amen'' !!

Halamin is arabic meant ''Universe and whatsoever therein'' !!! Or something close to such in interpretation !!!

:::::::::::::::::

And Yes, Am gonna take on you atheist on this thread ..... Lets talk some brain !!!

I was once a Free-Thinker in my own sphere within ''Islam'' which Urge we muslims to ''Fari Funi Qobla Anta Buduni because, wa ma lam Ya ri funi Fa kayfa Ya Buduni '''

Translation ;

Almighty Allah(GOD) command
us all to ''Know ''me/him/it''(GOD) Before U worship ''me/Him/it''(GOD) because If U don't Know me/him/it(GOD) , how will you ''worship me/him/it(GOD)
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by papindinho(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
donroxy: Halamin is not the same as ''Amen'' !!

Halamin is arabic meant ''Universe and whatsoever therein'' !!! Or something close to such in interpretation !!!

:::::::::::::::::

And Yes, Am gonna take on you atheist on this thread ..... Lets talk some brain !!!

I was once a Free-Thinker in my own sphere within ''Islam'' which Urge we muslims to ''Fari Funi Qobla Anta Buduni because, wa ma lam Ya ri funi Fa kayfa Ya Buduni '''

Translation ;

Almighty Allah(GOD) command
us all to ''Know ''me/him/it''(GOD) Before U worship ''me/Him/it''(GOD) because If U don't Know me/him/it(GOD) , how will you ''worship me/him/it(GOD)
fa arifuhni qobla an tahbuduni...........

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Lol....i.have been laughin my azz off reading this thread

There are many reasons not to believe in God. My favourite argument against god......

[img]http://t.qkme.me/36j5ik.jpg[/img]

Here is my thread with 40 arguments against god
https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Ogegod87: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
manmustwac: THat is so simple i wonder why any of you religious folk can't even think of it. Tell God, Allah or whatever God to make himself visible like at halftime during the American Superbowl to millions of people around the world or during halftime next year in Brazil during the world cup final. Is something like that to much to ask for?

U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot see GOD, unless U̶̲̥̅̊ walk i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a coffin. Dere is GOD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Cars, Tricycles, Grinding Machines To People On Xmas / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.