Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,865 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? (33856 Views)

Phyno Vs Olamide..after Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? Part Two! / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better / Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by sapientia1(m): 12:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Am a Yoruba guy and I sooo much hate sentiments, Phyno's got more creativity, beats, swaggs than Olamide, bt I'll give it to Olamide in the lyrical part. I love Confession Aiye by Olamide bt MAN OF THE YEAR BY PHYNO na DIEEEE!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:49am On Sep 12, 2013
To be very honest tonto dike is d best
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 12, 2013
phyno.
Np. Phyno - man of the year

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by REMMEI(m): 1:06am On Sep 12, 2013
After reading some of the comments..i still can't get the reason why you guys will be comparing OLAMIDE with PHYNO..or vice versa..if you live on the street you will sure know who rep the street..and who the street fans most,either west or east..both are trying in their own ways though..but take it or leave it..OLAMIDE IS DOPER THAN DOP3..and never ever call any song razz again..so all those goody bags,the kicks et all aren't razz shebi?..You will soon learn.. my 3 favourite rappers are . . .
1..MODE9
2..VECTOR
3..OLAMIDE..

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by bleachalhaji: 1:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Why won't u support ur Yoruba guys ?u can even tell us that obafemi Martin's play more than jay jay okocha or kanu nwankwo or that Nike oshinowo is more beautiful than Bianca ono or that Funke akindele is more popular than genevive nnaji or that baba suwe is better than mr ibu ewu Gambia remmy

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by dollyparton(m): 1:20am On Sep 12, 2013
Many of you who commented on this thread have got it totally wrong. Read the title again, who has fared better after Ghost Mode? The best way to argue is with facts and figures and this is very simple to do
After Ghost Mode who has dropped the most HIT singles?
Who has more followers and listeners?
Who gets more shows and headlines?
Endorsements
Favourite for collabos
Google their names and check the number of results for each
Anyways if you think Olamide has fared better hit LIKE.
grin

22 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by docsamie: 2:17am On Sep 12, 2013
olamide is way beta......d boi is dope, ask urself y dbanj wanted to sign him and pls ask vodka y dey made him dia ambassador! baddo.....baddest guy ever liveth!!

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by blackmale500: 2:34am On Sep 12, 2013
oluamid: Truth is, it is easy for anyone who comments on this thread to be biased. Just go through most of the threads on Nairaland these days and you would know why.

That said, both artistes are drugs. The only problem is one does his thing in Igbo and the other uses Yoruba. I love Phyno a lot and I can't wait for his album to drop. I think he's gonna go places. How I wish I understand the language. Olamide on the other hand is the happening thing. Its simple. Let's take a show to a neutral place, say Abuja, who do you think would headline the show between Phyno and Olamide? There, you have your answer.

Another thing, prior to Phyno featuring Olamide on Ghostmode was he getting this much love? Heck! Olamide has released 2 albums and he's still relevant and waxing stronger. Who would command more money in order to perform?

Now let's remove the fame and the razz and go to the bone of it. Olamide is really drugs when he is on a beat. Check out Voice of the street, Street luv, F*cking with the Devil, Ilefo Iluminati, Young Erikina, Baddest Guy Eva Liveth, R.I.P, his 2 freestyles on Factory 78 and Jimmy's Jumpoff (am not counting Durosoke). Consistency is key. Until Phyno reaches that level, Olamide has got to be better. Phyno is still upcoming but Olamide has arrived.

Maybe Phyno will still be better than Olamide. Maybe. But for now, Olamide has my vote.
you e on point bro, but i like phyno too, how i wish i could understand igbo though..

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by oduaboy1: 2:51am On Sep 12, 2013
Ibos are like the most biased human beings on earth.answer common simple question"who has fared better between phyno and olamide after the ghostnode track"?
They are here telling us about irrelevances like lyrical prowess,metaphor,bars
We are talking of who is the most successful and anyone leaving in the shores of nigeria definately knows it's olamide BADOO

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by hopeyemih(m): 3:24am On Sep 12, 2013
oga poster,u asked about who has fared better,..now tell me sincerely any phyno's song or colabo's which doped the airwaves like voice of the street,durosoke and government(by reminisce ft. olamide)..habaaa!,its obvious olamide is the hotest right now.i like phyno,but if i am to pick one of these two to feature on my upcoming album or track,who do you think would b "bankable" enough for me

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Seriousbusiness: 4:14am On Sep 12, 2013
Who knows phyno before his collabo with olamide?the op is a learner.Who has gotten more endorsement?awards ?sales?
Abeg we are not talking of better artiste from the east but in Nigeria has a whole.
Even a deaf and dumb will know its olamide,sentiment apart.

5 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by EazyJ(f): 4:27am On Sep 12, 2013
Its obviously olamide..forget abt sentiments.His songs has been topping the chart and getting more attraction.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by barcaboi(m): 4:29am On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
I will love You to Drop the hits of Olamide after Ghostmode.....As for lyrical contents and Wordplays,u just said this one out of over sentimentality.....
Phyno is full of wordplays bro......Listen to Man of the year,Street Music,His Freestyle on forty-eight,Wot R U W18 4,and then listen to all the tracks he has been featured in,e.g Bless My Hussle by Chidimma,30-40 by Ruffcoin,Eziokwu by Lynxx, Ofu ara by Spanxx,Onye ije by Splash,and a whole host of other songs he has featured in.........Go and check 'em out..
Did u also listen 2 Confession cypher by Olamide, Durosoke, he also dropped his album dat had massive songs; panumo, picture, street song, and a master hit wt Buchwaila, Jesu o kola......so its all abt preference, I love Phyno but Phyno also gave kudos 2 Olamide....Google it
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by barcaboi(m): 4:41am On Sep 12, 2013
Interview extract from Phyno's interview: jaguda February 8, 2013 (google it)
You’ve gone on from ‘Multiply’ to
‘Shutdown’ to ‘Ghostmode’.
‘Ghostmode’ is getting serious
airplay right now. What was it like
working with Olamide? What do
you think about him?

Phyno: Hmmm, bad guy. The first time
I heard Olamide on ‘Eni Duro’, I was
like waoow. I’m saying it on air for the
first time, Olamide inspires me a lot. I
told him one on one and he laughed
about it. He was like you inspire me
too, but I know it was just wash. But I
was being honest.
Olamide brought out a different part of
me that I had previously taken for
granted. I knew I always had it, but I
never took it serious. That’s the
indigenous part of me. If you listen to
‘Multiply’, I rapped everything in
English, apart from the Igbo chorus.
But it was different on ‘Ghostmode’.
When it comes to rap…..i envy
him.

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by barcaboi(m): 4:49am On Sep 12, 2013
philfearon:
I had to Delete "eni Duru" after downloading and listening To it...That song was overhyped i tell u...Its nt even popular compared to Omotoshan,Ilefo Illuminati,First of all,Duru Soke,Baddo luv......Currently,Only "Duru Soke" and "Fucking With the Devil" wow's me....I still go with my Beatz stuff....But i must tell you,as much as i luv Olamide,he is really being Overhyped.....
Wow!!!...Eni duro gave d dude massive air play; u deleting it is jst pure 'sentimental'....and he released dat since God knws when...d dude has even gotten better

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by jadakiss213(m): 4:52am On Sep 12, 2013
ItsModella: One needs to understand deep Igbo to really appreciate Phyno's wordplay. The guy is a complete beast and I'll pick him over Olamide anytime, any day.

Olamide has however fared better because he's more popular. His latest track, Durosoke, na jam of life even though the video is rubbish.
Sentiments,sentiments,Sentiments..You must be Igbo..

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by barcaboi(m): 5:01am On Sep 12, 2013
Simple english; who fared better?
Answer: Olamide
Evidence: Best album, Best indigenous rapper, Dope
singles: Durosoke, Confession, Turn up,Badoo,Reyban Abacha,Tonto Dike,
Collabo: Ijoba with Reminisce,Bounce wth Dkm,Suwe wt Samklef
I had 2 google dem cause d dude released so many materials
No disrespect but Olamide faired better after d song

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by GidisFinest: 5:03am On Sep 12, 2013
Y'all need to read the Title of this post again!
#GYL2C
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by kaze4blues(m): 5:05am On Sep 12, 2013
scottpirlo24: your so called not just ok is a site updated by human woth biased mind or still individuals that claim to knw music.... Phyno has a lot of reasons to say he is better. Buh remember dat olamide has don track wit an act dat made int in d industry like wizkid .... So he had recognition ahead of phyno.... Individual checking d beatz , d flow , d lyrics , skillz and style ...even leading an act.... Phyno is a beast... His metaphors are wicked ..... Phyno will go places dan olamide .... He thinks out of d box .... Phyno will be olamide's ghost

At what time will phyno go places than olamide?

Majority of igbo peeps here are sentimental.

Olamide already has two albums to his credits. Almost all the tracks in his last album (ybnl) were hit tracks and the album even won award in the best album category at NEA.

Olamide has done hit collabos with almost all major players in the music industry like dbanj, wizkid, duncan mighty, vector, tiwa savage, kswitch, mayd, and and several others.

After the success his 2nd album which he released late last year, olamide has released several other hit tracks like durosoke, first of all remix with dbanj, turn up, rayban abacha, going to heaven, and several others.
Even dbanj tried so hard to sign him into his record label, db records.

Just three songs from olamide are greater hits than all of phyno's songs. E.g first of all, durosoke, going to heaven.

What else, dude got his own record label, ybnl records.
The achievements of olamide greatly surpass that of phyno.

Olamide is a great brand and his songs are anthems to majority of the people.

Most of olamide's songs are club bangers such first of all, omo to shan, durosoke, and several others from his ybnl album.

Tell phyno to work on his album, give more collabos with major artistes.

Next time u compare olamide with bigger artistes rather than phyno who's hardly known to everyone.

Even phyno will pray to achieve the feat olamide has in the music industry.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 12, 2013
jadakiss213: Sentiments,sentiments,Sentiments..You must be Igbo..
*yawns* another inconsequential post.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by blessed4ever: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international Youth and Campus program, titled,'THAT WE MIGHT BE BLESSED',in Lagos,Nigeria, at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop) this week Friday and Saturday, 13th & 14th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout, yoke of academic failure or mediocrity will break, failure in business will be forgotten...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life, family, finanace, career, academics etc. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by GidisFinest: 5:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Don't tell us your Tribe
Some1 even talking about Jay jay,Martins, Genevieve, Mr Ibu, Suwe (like seriously)
Pick 1
Give us a reason (optional)
& Remember the title states After #GHOSTMODE
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Erotex(m): 5:28am On Sep 12, 2013
according to an Interview with Bella Naija, Phyno said he will drop an album this yr december.
Honestly Phyno is more better, check their lyric Abeg.
Am sitting on the throne, ono ne enyi said by Phyno

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Erotex(m): 5:36am On Sep 12, 2013
barcaboi:
Did u also listen 2 Confession cypher by Olamide, Durosoke, he also dropped his album dat had massive songs; panumo, picture, street song, and a master hit wt Buchwaila, Jesu o kola......so its all abt preference, I love Phyno but Phyno also gave kudos 2 Olamide....Google it

olamide also told toolz that he is in love with Phyno man of the year even p-square is madly in love with that song. Both respect each other alot.
Phyno album will be drop this yrs
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chanchit: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2013
bleach alhaji: Why won't u support ur Yoruba guys ?u can even tell us that obafemi Martin's play more than jay jay okocha or kanu nwankwo or that Nike oshinowo is more beautiful than Bianca ono or that Funke akindele is more popular than genevive nnaji or that baba suwe is better than mr ibu ewu Gambia remmy

E be like say this bleach Alhaji don bleach hin brain o. Can you pls sum this trash up by telling us where u are going with this..?
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chanchit: 5:56am On Sep 12, 2013
blessed4ever: The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international Youth and Campus program, titled,'THAT WE MIGHT BE BLESSED',in Lagos,Nigeria, at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop) this week Friday and Saturday, 13th & 14th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout, yoke of academic failure or mediocrity will break, failure in business will be forgotten...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life, family, finanace, career, academics etc. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

Bros'. Pls help me ask pastor Lazarus who fared better after Ghostmode btw Phyno and Olamide. Abeg do quick, I dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by rill: 6:04am On Sep 12, 2013
Erotex: according to an Interview with Bella Naija, Phyno said he will drop an album this yr december.
Honestly Phyno is more better, check their lyric Abeg.
Am sitting on the throne, ono ne enyi said by Phyno

Topic reads "who has fared better" but its a pity sentiments would not allow u too see that, all u guys just wanna do is make silly comparism without real facts and figures.

@topic
Its pretty obvious olamide is doing way better.
And as for peeps who criticize olamide for his "supposed" razzness and noisemaking, i keep laughing at that.
Do u ever listen to lil wayne's rap?. Infact olamide na still learner beside am. Lil wayne uses dirty and explicit lines but hey, people still love and listen to his music.

Other's also complain he loves shouting abi na screaming when rappin.
Do u ever listen to eminem's rap?
They both rap with much energy and passion, which tends to attract one's attention.
So u nigga's should just quit hating cos olamide is definitely going places.

AND hey I Love phyno's "man of the year" song. The song make sense abeggrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by mrborntodoit: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: Ibos are like the most biased human beings on earth.answer common simple question"who has fared better between phyno and olamide after the ghostnode track"?
They are here telling us about irrelevances like lyrical prowess,metaphor,bars
We are talking of who is the most successful and anyone leaving in the shores of nigeria definately knows it's olamide BADOO

You are a chevrecheesy
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 12, 2013
East coast nigga nw he s banging the westerners,#TeamPhyno
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by bakynes(m): 6:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Like most guys have said here The topics says' 'Who has fared better after Ghost mode' simple english put sentiments aside or who is better than who, the Answer is Olamide. Abi make I explain the meaning of who has fared better for una? From the way Phyno is rapping if I do understand igbo I wld prefer him than Olamide bt I don't understand igbo so I can't say dis person is better than dis other person bt as for the Topic Olamide has fared better with his Collabos,Awards,Endorsement,Hits,Album success and Club bangers. So rest the Topic. i

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2013
I understand both languages perfectly and i can tell you that for now Olamide stands out. His lyrics and word play is better than phyno's, and after ghost mode where he murdered phyno he has bn dropping better songs than my brother phyno

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / NEW DR DRE TUTORIALS-FRUITY LOOPS-Ofoka Teaches Nigerians How To Make Beats / Free Mp3 Musics To Dawnload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.