Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. (15620 Views)

INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / True Image Of Buhari As Of March 2015 / RE: The True Image Of Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Confusionist(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
ncpat: Tomorrow that one building mansion there in the picture will say Government is bad, what have you contributed as individuals, even to make road to his house he can not, lets tell ourselves the truth even though our leaders are bad but we too are part of the problem, check out many mansions owned by individuals you will find out that they used expensive tiles to tile inside the building and it surroundings but when you check the outside they can not even plant flower not to talk of putting concrete that will lead to the sewage.
so, it is finally true..the Yoruba adage that says, 'one rich man within poor people na poor man!'

because d man build mansion for that locality now he must garther his life savings and construct roads, drainages and dredging of that water abi?

Guy, talk true, shey na govt we get so?

As a bonifide citizen of a state, even if light no dey...we are entitled to good roads and well channelled draining system!

Kilode?

Stop abeiting crime o jare!

3 Likes

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
I wonder why the suffering of the masses doesn't move to the governor to have pity. The starting point of every government should be to build solid roads as roads are known to speed up the development of an area. The governor and the president hate the people of Aba with passion. There is no other reason to explain why federal and state presence are not felt in the town.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
I know that street! it is called Cemetery road Aba. It connects the vital Okigwe road to Osusu road when going to Ariaria International market or the Ama-Ogbonna market.

It is such a shame that Gov. Theordore Orji have allowed it to degenerate to this appalling condition. In better societies, this type of road is enough grounds for impeachment of the Governor! But this is Nigeria, so after we have finished expressing our dismay,the same situation will persist!

[size=15pt]Shame on Theordore Orji!
I hope EFCC is documenting all his fraud,so that he can be brought to justice as soon as his immunity expires.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by ba7man(m): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Wow!!! There's a lot of work to be done on that road to bring it up to standard.

It still has to be filled further before its tarred and sidewalks constructed. Sadly, a lot of those houses have to be destroyed because of the road level and flooding.

I guess every state's got their own black spots but this is bad.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by U235weapongrade: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
Abagworo:

Exactly my observation. How did they transport the materials used in building the houses. There might be some alternative routes.

On a different note, government cannot always be blamed for everything as Aba people seem to like indiscriminate dumping of refuse. I've observed from google that Aba is located on a natural flat land and valley and requires a lot of restructuring to control flooding. Port-Harcourt is also like that but Rivers State has more money and has embarked on massive and expensive drainage system which has helped reduce this kind of situation in Port-Harcourt but there exists places worse than this scene in Port-Harcourt till date. I can remember how Okilton area of Mgbuoba used to be in 2008.

Guy,u been they go that okilton holtel abi na guest house doze days - I sight u broda.....That flood dey reach me for knee den...

@Topic My Darling State, Abia state- Gods own state....I knew in 2007 when OUK handed over to Theodore,you were in for it...

From kirikiri to Government House Umuahia - what were Y'all expecting?
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by slimfit1(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
When we split up how are we going treat ourselves. I'm not an yebo man let them solve their own problems.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by slimfit1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Confusionist: so, it is finally true..the Yoruba adage that says, 'one rich man within poor people na poor man!'

because d man build mansion for that locality now he must garther his life savings and construct roads, drainages and dredging of that water abi?

As a bonifide citizen of a state, even if light no dey...we are entitled to good roads and well channelled draining system!

Kilode?

Hahahahahah you are funny if you be yoruba man let these people sort there problems out themselves. Well as long as they don't expect us to let lagos look like that I'm ok.

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by slimfit1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Vote APC for change.

2 Likes

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
slim fit :
Vote APC for change.
In ur dreams
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by LordNicvuitton(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: I know that street! it is called Cemetery road Aba. It connects the vital Okigwe road to Osusu road when going to Ariaria International market or the Ama-Ogbonna market.

[size=15pt] [/size]
the place is partly ozuomba road and partly obohia road.. Ozuomba road links port-harcourt road with obohia but alas, pedestrians can't even cross d road meant as short cut for motorists.. many other places are like this and i can upload picture of other locations. Aba is bleeped up! a clueless governor, clueless local govt chairmen, clueless kings, all in Abia.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by ncpat(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Like I said earlier, i`m not in support of the Government but we too on the other hand must hold ourselves accountable for what is happening to us in our various communities all over the Federation, if tomorrow the Governor of Abia State is to hold rally in the stadium,you will see crowd more than when Nigeria and Brazil were playing Football,until we stop supporting evil and bad governance we will never progress, now I know you will say the people are ignorance of what they are doing, now I put it to you to use your camera phone and conduct interview as to why they are there if they claim the Government is not working.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
U235weapongrade:

Guy,u been they go that okilton holtel abi na guest house doze days - I sight u broda.....That flood dey reach me for knee den...

Not just knee but it drowned storey buildings. Visit there today and see Amaechi miracles at work.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Malawian(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
ba7man: Wow!!! There's a lot of work to be done on that road to bring it up to standard.

It still has to be filled further before its tarred and sidewalks constructed. Sadly, a lot of those houses have to be destroyed because of the road level and flooding.

I guess every state's got their own black spots but this is bad.

no house need to be destroyed. they can either scrap the roap surface to a lower level or make the drainage very deep. havent you been to bode thomas street before?
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by ba7man(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Malawian:

no house need to be destroyed. they can either scrap the roap surface to a lower level or make the drainage very deep. havent you been to bode thomas street before?
That makes sense if the area isn't swampy.

I spoke like that because most of the road and drainage works i witnessed always involves filling till the road level is higher than existing buildings. Then the flooding of the buildings start.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
I think those that have ruled Abia state since 1999 deserve to be strpped nakked in front of Ariaria market and given 100 strokes of the cane each.

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by AdmYamamoto: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
Abagworo:

Exactly my observation. How did they transport the materials used in building the houses. There might be some alternative routes.

On a different note, government cannot always be blamed for everything as Aba people seem to like indiscriminate dumping of refuse. I've observed from google that Aba is located on a natural flat land and valley and requires a lot of restructuring to control flooding. Port-Harcourt is also like that but Rivers State has more money and has embarked on massive and expensive drainage system which has helped reduce this kind of situation in Port-Harcourt but there exists places worse than this scene in Port-Harcourt till date. I can remember how Okilton area of Mgbuoba used to be in 2008.

Finally, you admit that ibos are the dirty people, but in their usual ostrich lifestyle, try to deflect it elsewhere? Anyway, this is one of the manifestation of the fallacious ibo belief of individualism which is a pseudonym for selfishness, self-centeredness, i-before-others!! Even animals hunt in groups but it appears rather than evolve their beliefs to proven, successful and progressive ideologies of the South West, they'd rather continue on this road to nowhere, unable to admit their ideologies are inferior and are sure to always lead to failure!

6 Likes

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by AdmYamamoto: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
slim fit :

Hahahahahah you are funny if you be yoruba man let these people sort there problems out themselves. Well as long as they don't expect us to let lagos look like that I'm ok.

Lagos look like that for where? My father is from the Source (Ile-Ife), my mother is from Oyo (the gallant and war-like people) that established one of the most enduring kingdoms and empire in Africa. As a Yoruba man, if Nigeria does capitulate, every square cm of Yoruba land will be defended to the hilt. Lagos, Oyo, etc all the states are just units created to make administration easier and more effective just like a man doesn't build his house and make it one large open space, he makes bedroom, living room, toilets etc. All the states of the South West (Yoruba) and the stolen lands of the Yorubas towards the north (Kwara and Kogi) and the East will be returned and will be defended from the front. Just wait and see!
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by IGBOSON1: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:

Lagos look like that for where? My father is from the Source (Ile-Ife), my mother is from Oyo (the gallant and war-like people) that established one of the most enduring kingdoms and empire in Africa. As a Yoruba man, if Nigeria does capitulate, every square cm of Yoruba land will be defended to the hilt. Lagos, Oyo, etc all the states are just units created to make administration easier and more effective just like a man doesn't build his house and make it one large open space, he makes bedroom, living room, toilets etc. All the states of the South West (Yoruba) and the stolen lands of the Yorubas towards the north (Kwara and Kogi) and the East will be returned and will be defended from the front. Just wait and see!

^^^E-warrior! grin grin grin
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by obicentlis: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is even small. If I post my own picture of m street, you will weep for Aba.

GEJ and PEJ caused this problem. From right source, Orji pays some part of Abia allocation to PEJ to keep her husband at still over what's happening in Abia.

The only organ of the govt that works very well here is their revenue organs.

Now, every truck pusher must be licenced to push his truck and his must pay daily ticket. Touts everywhere as govt agents.

Anybody that supports T. A. Orji, I pray that God will visit him or her the way Orji leads Aba.

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by tunkano: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
chisos krist. this is not aba. grin grin grin
it has to be afghanistan or pakistan. ngbanu.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by AdmYamamoto: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^E-warrior! grin grin grin

If you think I have not told the truth there, let me know. That said, I am glad you people see that Abia is being killed by Orji. Rather than keep him on his toes, you put him on a pedestal, ibo does not have kings or leaders (igbo nweze) like you people say, and Orji is happy to be an individualistic man who loots all the money knowing his people don't expect him to be a leader as per their culture. Meanwhile, you all cross over to Yoruba land and help us to hold our leaders Governors Fashola, Aregbesola, Amosun, etc to account so they are constantly trying to hit 100% (shoot for the stars). Only attaining 90%+ (landing on the moon), they still keep trying and our lands develop more and more! You on the other hand need to prop up your leaders to keep up the lies that gold and silver grows on the roads in Iboland, that you are Dubai and Japan of Africa, that ibo cannot do any wrong - always right. Anyways, no problem, just know that one day if Nigeria goes belly-up, we will ensure no saboteurs, enemies in friend suit, snakes in green grass, friends of bread and tea who actually covet our lands will be allowed to stay. I am not saying this to make you unhappy, but we will not share the inheritance from our fathers with strangers and have nothing better to pass on to our children. If this makes you cry, unfortunately, I can't help how you feel. The only solution is go and start fixing Aba now. Look for a serious governor material, tell him what you want and make sure he tar those roads, clear out the disgusting dirtiness, create a plan for ibos to build their lands too. It will not be fair for you to build another man's land, but leave your own! Go back to palm oil and kernel farming which Opara and the eastern leaders of old used to send your fathers to school. Ofe mmanu was not an embarrassment to your fathers who used it to build the infrastructure of the east before Ironsi destroyed our own progress int he West. Yoruba is the work of your ancestors and as people say is a disgrace to point your left fingers at the handiwork of your fathers. A word is enough for the wise.

5 Likes

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by logica(m): 12:12am On Sep 03, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/travellers-lament-enugus-dirty-environment/

Travellers at the Enugu International Airport have lamented that Enugu State is too dirty and unbefitting to host an international airport.

Some residents of the city also criticised the state government over its inability to keep the city clean despite their persistent pleas.

They told The PUNCH in an interview on Tuesday that the state was getting dirtier by the day and that there was nothing in sight to show that the Governor Sullivan Chime-led administration was ready to remedy the situation.

An Ethiopian-bound traveller, Mrs. Yemisi Dantex, said, “While hovering on air, the impression that comes to one’s mind is a city of sanity, cleanliness and serenity, but as soon as you land, you become overwhelmed with the overgrown grasses surrounding the airport.

“As if that is not enough, as you drive from the airport through Emene enroute Abakpa, what you see are heaps of dustbins spreading through the streets; many insane people and destitute hover for the craps they could get from the bin.”

Apparently it's not only Aba.

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by skyfall: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2013
Waoh! The pics are disgusting. How do they go out? And these people open their mouth in Lagos to abuse Fashola. It's not only the govt (PDP) that has failed, the people too have failed for being so complacent, supporting these criminals, and voting them every 4 years.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by 99cent: 12:21am On Sep 03, 2013
the same ugly arrogant people that like to call yoruba people dirty and blame all their woes on Nigeria (aka Yorubas and Hausas)

2 Likes

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by 99cent: 12:28am On Sep 03, 2013
yet they find it more dignifying to brag about how much land or mall gov orji or obi owns in lagos or Abuja.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by IGBOSON1: 12:33am On Sep 03, 2013
logica: http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/travellers-lament-enugus-dirty-environment/

Travellers at the Enugu International Airport have lamented that Enugu State is too dirty and unbefitting to host an international airport.

Some residents of the city also criticised the state government over its inability to keep the city clean despite their persistent pleas.

Apparently it's not only Aba.

^^^Thanks for highlighting this news story.....nothing like having someone with the interest of Ndigbo at heart to help place issues like this on the front burner! wink

By the way.....what's your state again? smiley
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by YoshiMaster: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2013
Confusionist: so, it is finally true..the Yoruba adage that says, 'one rich man within poor people na poor man!'

Kilode?

Good points, I was just about to say that you don't expect the individual to fix the road leading to his house, unless he meant the driveway in his house or something, but if it is the actual road leading to his house, then that is just too much to ask from an individual.

I have seen some people in Nigeria that have said "to hell with the government", and decided to fix the roads leading to their houses, even here in Lagos, I just think its sad that people would have to spend their own money for interlocking stones, laborers, e.t.c, just for a road leading to their houses. A road that others that didn't contribute might still use to get to their destination.

How long will we provide things for ourselves in Nigeria? Light and water most especially. Why do we even have government in Nigeria if they can't give us light, water, security in 2013? What are they doing in the government sef?

In Nigeria 2013, election campaigns are still based on "oh, I will give you light, I will give you water", can you imagine?
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Thanks for highlighting this news story.....nothing like having someone with the interest of Ndigbo at heart to help place issues like this on the front burner! wink

By the way.....what's your state again? smiley

You don't need to mind most Nairalanders. If you hit search on Nairaland, you'll get over 100 threads condemning Abia Government and the State of Aba and that is why so many bad pictures of Abia State is circulating but the truth is that every major commercial city in Nigeria has such places but Abia people generally show more bad pictures of their State on the internet but when the chips are down, they keep quiet and allow thieves remain in power.

I won't pity them if they leave PDP at the helm of affairs in their State and continue showing us pictures of bad roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SENrZK-11w
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by mikeywise(m): 2:08am On Sep 03, 2013
Abia,
My state,
God's own state
Is been governed by vipers since 1999
I pray APC takes over the state come 2015.

Amen.
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by ncpat(m): 3:25am On Sep 03, 2013
mikeywise: Abia,
My state,
God's own state
Is been governed by vipers since 1999
I pray APC takes over the state come 2015.

Amen.
will u vote and campaign for APC when the time comes?
Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:02am On Sep 03, 2013
For years, without pictures and without first hand images to say otherwise, we were fed lies and deception about what Abia State and Aba is made of. While cities in West and North were showcased in pictures, videos and images and all were readily critiqued, most intensely by SEasterners, cities in the East were veiled from view and scrutiny. These pictures say plenty.

We continue to hear about greatness in Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi. I wonder what the truth will reveal when their images are brought out to our view.

On a more general note, if Nigeria were to split today, many Ndigbos, for several reasons will seek asylum in West and North and refuse to go back home to the joy of a new nation and self-rule. Many in North will convert to Islam and those in West will adopt Oduduwa citizenship.

The fear of existing as an osu in a nation ruled by freeborns is what is keeping plenty Igbos from returming home today, it will continue to be a factor after Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The True Image Of Abia State With Pictures. by obicentlis: 6:33am On Sep 03, 2013
Guys please, this thread shouldn't be a tribal or ethnic war. This is one of the thread that exposes lies. Since I was born and now am working in Aba, I have not seen a govt like that of this man called T. A. Orji. He boast with little or no achievements. The picture that the Op posted here is even neat to compare what is obtainable here direct opposite his street which is my street. My own street is the worst! We can not do anything because the gov has not rehabilitate existing roads in the main town talkless of street roads, those ones are forgotten issues.

He is trying to patch failed portion of Aba main roads over nite since friday last week during the rain, I suspect that TV crew or Radio crew maybe visiting Aba soon and he is trying over night to impress them that Aba roads are good.

This man is only concerned with revenue that Aba generates. He employed touts as revenue agents. So dare not pay and you will regret even living in Aba. Even truck pusher pay daily tickets in Aba and must have their barrows licensed or it will be confiscated by govt touts.

I do hereby appeal to the MOD of this section to put this thread on Frontpage. Let the world know the true images of Aba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan, A.P.C And Salient Issues / Mass Defection Hits APC As 5000 Members Defect To PDP In Cross River River / Missing Arms Procurements Funds: NSA, Monguno "Was Quoted Out Of Context’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.