Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? (39732 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends / Is It Normal For A Male Virgin To Have Wet Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:46am On Jul 26, 2008
timmfikk:

@Gabrywyl, So many people also support the idea of 3-5 years over here as well i have heard of people whom their was 9 good years, so its not a big deal shey, but also some do go for a shorter year due to the age or being so close and wealthy which do end up in divorce after 4-6 years of marriage.

Yes but not for my bf's family. Their's are short term and they expect us to get married soon which I am trying to find all types of excuses to not get married so soon if possible. undecided
Cause for us Asians, we have to ensure that we are stable enough to support ourself, our parents, our husband/wife and our children and then we can get married. Otherwise, forget about marriage cause then we will consider ourselves to be a failure in life. Thats my family culture.

dyabman:

stupid topic so far,

If the topic is stupid to you, you dont have to give any opinions. Besides, if it really sounds that stupid, there wouldn't be more than 50 posters giving their opinions about this topic in the first place. Na waaa ohhh. . , . .See yourself ohhh brotha. . . undecided

baby4u2:

na wa timmfikk you're in nigeria telling me what i know in america. No one calls their gilfriend mom here expect its the nigerians here and i have asked all my friends cause i was surprised and they are also surprised too. YOur the one that does not know what your saying, i didnt say boyfriend don't call their girlfriend mom in naija (still doesnt mean its sexy), i said they don't say it here, maybe you should ask your people here.

Yeap sis, I'm surprise by it myself thats why I ask cause as far as I know, mothers are the one whom born you, not have sex with you. So I dont understand how can the boyfriends call their girlfriend's mom. . . . .
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
@Baby4u2,

I am not talking about Nigerians in the State, i am talking about black American's do not , have a mistake about my post, try and read well, and also i am still wondering why you said i am in Nigeria and i am telling you what is happening at america, please explain what that means, because i do not seems to understand any sense in that word, you don't know me and if i am somewhere else in the world saying am in NIgeria, what about it.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2008
@Gabrywyl,
Well i believe you can talk to him, and i mean him alone he will understand you more than his family. good luck
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2008
timmfikk:

@Gabrywyl,
Well i believe you can talk to him, and i mean him alone he will understand you more than his family. good luck

Yes Tim, have done it. He knows and understands me thats why we are working on how to suit each other's needs. Its just that I find it a hosck for him to call me his wife infront of the public without me knowing it. undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by rampant(f): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2008
is dis thread still on undecided i tot it has been thrashed out
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2008
rampant:

is this thread still on undecided i tot it has been thrashed out

I thought so too. . . . undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by dyabman(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2008
rampant:

is this thread still on undecided i tot it has been thrashed out

i wonder ooooooooo
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2008
Well, maybe because some people still love this thread. grin grin

Thanks for the support guys. I couldn't have done it without you. cool
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2008
@Gabrywyl, Common ma'm i think you can get used to it, you're gonna be called that name forever very soon, so why not, uhmm okay with it from now till then.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by baby4u2(f): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2008
@timmfikk

pls stop confusing urself and others. You said african americans called their girlfriends mom in ur post to me, after i claimed from what others where saying here that i have never heard it before. I said maybe nigerians here do that (which i have never heard and think will never hear) and not african americans. So what was i confused about or you didnt read what i said and what you then said to me. In the end my brother if you dont want me to think you're in nigeria there is no need to put ur location on ur page atleast alot of people dont. What is my crime if i think ur in nigeria telling me what i know here when ur page clearly says ur in naija. Lets not confuse you my friend, african american's do not, i repeat do not call their girlfriends mom in america.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by rampant(f): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2008
baby4u2:

@timmfikk

please stop confusing yourself and others. You said african americans called their girlfriends mom in your post to me, after i claimed from what others where saying here that i have never heard it before. I said maybe nigerians here do that (which i have never heard and think will never hear) and not african americans. So what was i confused about or you didnt read what i said and what you then said to me. In the end my brother if you don't want me to think you're in nigeria there is no need to put your location on your page atleast alot of people don't. What is my crime if i think your in nigeria telling me what i know here when your page clearly says your in naija. Lets not confuse you my friend, african american's do not, i repeat do not call their girlfriends mom in america.

emmm,i dont quite get u on dat pls expalin,is dat nigerians dont call their babes mom in america,or some africans dont ?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by onyinye2(f): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2008
@baby4u2
AA don't say "mom". they say "ma" instead.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by baby4u2(f): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye thank you, ma no be mom. "Hey ma" doesnt that sound sexy to you? "Hey mom", how does that sound? Ma i believe is even a form of respect and it sounds sexier in their own mouth sef. @rampant i said i've never heard a nigerian calling their girlfriend mom here but i cant generalize cause i dont know all the nigerians here so i said maybe some do. But mom is not part of the slangs that guys use for girls in america. so african american's do not call their girlfriend mom here maybe some nigerians do like i said earlier.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2008
Alright i don't need to say much more.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2008
Well do you know what i will do to u, good i just discover that right now, i am going to make you a hajia, then we shall see how many people who will show up.hehehehe
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by timmfikk(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2008
Rampant, i believe you said some bad statement about this thread earlier so you don't need to participate or post anymore if we are to count on your word ke.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:43am On Jul 27, 2008
timmfikk:

@Gabrywyl, Common ma'm i think you can get used to it, you're going to be called that name forever very soon, so why not, uhmm okay with it from now till then.

Yeap. Agree Tim. wink

timmfikk:

Rampant, i believe you said some bad statement about this thread earlier so you don't need to participate or post anymore if we are to count on your word ke.

Exactly! grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 27, 2008
lol 'mom'

'mom, i love you, you know that right? you make me feel so whole and right now, i just want to make sweet passionate love to you, yes mom, i do'

tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:26am On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

lol 'mom'

'mom, i love you, you know that right? you make me feel so whole and right now, i just want to make sweet passionate love to you, yes mom, i do'

tongue

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Ok sis, that sounds like ewwwww. . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 27, 2008
lol, not to the guys who enjoy calling their girlfriends 'mom' grin

'oh mom, i love you so much, i'm so happy you're carrying my baby, what will we name him/her?'
tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:34am On Jul 27, 2008
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Stop it!!!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by bluesky4(f): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2008
does ur bf still call u mom? what tribe is he from? undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 27, 2008
'oh mom, do me like that again baby, you know how to make a man feel just right mom, oooh aaah'

tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by bluesky4(f): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

lol, not to the guys who enjoy calling their girlfriends 'mom' grin

'oh mom, i love you so much, i'm so happy you're carrying my baby, what will we name him/her?'
tongue

mummy jnr?

does he call u mom in public gabriel?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 27, 2008
blue-sky:

mummy jnr?

hehehehehe
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by WendyRao: 5:23am On Jul 27, 2008
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by AnthonyKil(m): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2008
grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2008
blue-sky:

does your boyfriend still call u mom? what tribe is he from? undecided

blue-sky:

mummy jnr?

Nope, he does not call me mom anymore and he's Edo. He used to call me mom in public before but now he calls me Iyawo everywhere. Dont know why but oh well. . . .

ibkaye:

'oh mom, do me like that again baby, you know how to make a man feel just right mom, oooh aaah'

tongue

HAHAHA! Girl. . . . Wait till your guy call you mom oh. . . . grin grin grin

WendyRao:

Recently My Boyfriend Used to Call me "Madam" ,
Means what ,Please?

I asked him.He Smiled/replied Madam is Big Madam,

wau, am Confused,

Madam is a word usually people would addresss a female in a respectful way. Alot of people use this word when they are calling or talking to a lady. . . Geez. I dont know how to explain but overall, its good. Nothing bad in it.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2008
gabrywyl:

HAHAHA! Girl. . . . Wait till your guy call you mom oh. . . . grin grin grin
God forbid such a thing tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by WendyRao: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2008
--- ---
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2008
ibkaye:

God forbid such a thing tongue

Dont speak too soon my dear.  grin

WendyRao:

Madam is a word usually people would addresss a female in a respectful way. Alot of people use this word when they are calling or talking to a lady. . . Geez. I don't know how to explain but overall, its good. Nothing bad in it.

----I know that kind of basic meaning,
But I mean For him and me,In Our Relationship whether Madam means wife ,

Want laugh, Ha,

No, I don't think it means wife. I don't know for him but I never heard that word to mean as wife.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by WendyRao: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ha, Laughing, grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Carries His Beautiful Fiancee On His Shoulder In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / My Girlfriend Refused To Take A Picture With Me / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest RELOADED {nomination & Verification Thread}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.