Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,146 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction (16487 Views)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Reps In Rowdy Session As Tambuwal Sides With Baraje-led PDP / Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Bensonn: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

i asked you a question which yo did not answer? why did pdp win the prsidential polls in the state when they are all in the opposition? How come the egon militia is fighting an APC governor when there are all in the same party

i wont tell you this again, PDP is ruling Nassarawa in 2011, and Adamu's senatorial zone is very powerful, so together with adamu's might and the then Governor (who is Adamu's boy) akwe doma who is in PDP, PDP just scrapped through in the election. But now with APC ruling the state under Al-Makura(ta'al) the entire nassarawa state from governor to councillor is APC. Even keffi where adamu hails from, is Apc thorough and thorough. And PDP in the state is totally loyal to adamu in case of who controls the delegates during presidential pdp primaries, now with Adamu at loggerhead with Gej, he (gej) is a no factor even in nassarawa pdp. Even at that nassarawa is now soaked in APC.
Now the eggon part.the ombatse saga is a tribal war not a political one, Almakura is a no factor in that region, the eggon are very loyal to Ewuga not Almakura. Almakura is a muslim and not Eggon while Ewuga is a xtian and an eggon. Eggons are not fighting Almakura. The ombatse ppl are muslims. The xtians in nassarwa are mainly eggons/madas and APC is representing them in the person of Sen ewuga their illustrious son. I tell again dont stay in aba,onitsha or owerri and be beating your chest on what is happenning is nassarawa. As for ur point on benue state, hehehehhehehe i laff in portuguese.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by adeshlonge: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
payless:

Exactly! But you cannot explain facts to these militants and creek boys we have on nairaland forum. They rather believe in their own spin. They once told us Buhari was behind Boka Haram but now they want us to believe these governors are behind Boko Haram. They are bunch of confused clowns. Jonathan is going down and these militants are going down with him.

I agree with you totally.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Bensonn:

i wont tell you this again, PDP is ruling Nassarawa in 2011, and Adamu's senatorial zone is very powerful, so together with adamu's might and the then Governor (who is Adamu's boy) akwe doma who is in PDP, PDP just scrapped through in the election. But now with APC ruling the state under Al-Makura(ta'al) the entire nassarawa state from governor to councillor is APC. Even keffi where adamu hails from, is Apc thorough and thorough. And PDP in the state is totally loyal to adamu in case of who controls the delegates during presidential pdp primaries, now with Adamu at loggerhead with Gej, he (gej) is a no factor even in nassarawa pdp. Even at that nassarawa is now soaked in APC.
Now the eggon part.the ombatse saga is a tribal war not a political one, Almakura is a no factor in that region, the eggon are very loyal to Ewuga not Almakura. Almakura is a muslim and not Eggon while Ewuga is a xtian and an eggon. Eggons are not fighting Almakura. The ombatse ppl are muslims. The xtians in nassarwa are mainly eggons/madas and APC is representing them in the person of Sen ewuga their illustrious son. I tell again dont stay in aba,onitsha or owerri and be beating your chest on what is happenning is nassarawa. As for ur point on benue state, hehehehhehehe i laff in portuguese.
Brios I suggest we leave this matter till after the elctions then we will se who was right or wrong
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by adeshlonge: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
ziccoit:

Most of you people are liers. Why don't you try and face the fact as it is? Have you forgotten how this started? Let me remind you? It was started in 1999 when an agreement was reached in PDP to start rotating power between the South and the North so that there would be peace. In 2007, Ya'adua kicked started the North's turn in fulfillment of the agreement. His 'premature' exit paved way for Mr GEJ to complete what he started with his boss. He was expected to leave so that the North would come onboard only to turn around acted as if there was noting at stake. He purportedly reached another fresh agreement with the Northern governors again to rule for a single term only. Now that he knows power is sweat, he wants to take the Northern leaders for another ride, despite the lackluster performance , and cajole them into running for second term.
Now, how can you blame them for asking Mr GEJ to honour yet another agreement he reached with the Nothern governors 2yrs ago?
Truth is the only constant thing in life. no matter how you want to colour it, it will always remain as its. Uncle JOE should act like a man of honor.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by drauj(m): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
roxell120:
ure 100% right.while we igbos nd our yoruba counterparts are busy running our mouths on the internet hausas are busy working out practical things for their interest. u hardly hear an hausa voice on nairaland even if u rain a million abuses on them as regards any issue.but they are more active in projects they set out to do.look at the level they ve reached.a coup in a civil way? time will tell.
u r ryt my brother. Hausa people understand d leverage they have - votes n others investments. u guys r busy posting online n sharing false in formations. As long as Nigeria is as it is, no president can win elections without the north. up Arewa.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nebeuwa(m): 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
drauj: u r ryt my brother. Hausa people understand d leverage they have - votes n others investments. u guys r busy posting online n sharing false in formations. As long as Nigeria is as it is, no president can win elections without the north. up Arewa.

Didn't Jonathan win without the North in the last election?
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by drauj(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dee60:

Going down? No way! Bayelsa is still solidly behind him!
Bayelsa . . . so if buhari sponsored BH then who is sponsoring Niger delta militants who act with impunity.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Me sef I tireooo
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by omonnakoda: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Did he? How?
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Kingspin(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Unfortunately, the new APC has won 2015 election without any presidential candidate..Could it be as a result of mentally biased breakfast. Well is another right steps in the wrong direction..
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by duwdu: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

Zikky I am not showing politics of hatred.I am merely poiting out facts.

Unfortunately for you, once you put yourself out there the way you've done this far, it is no longer for you to determine how others should see you. These others can make up their minds by themselves, and they have determined that you're a hate megaphone.

Please deal with it.

Of course, you can always play the "I don't give a darn" card, and that, also, will be your prerogative.

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nebeuwa:

Infact Jonathan does not need any other region . The votes of the south east and the south south is enough to make him president.
I wonder why he has being running helter skelter since saturday. He does not need the north or any other people for that matter!
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by jmaine: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
omenka: The president's Bottom must be smelling like french fries right now. Impeachment looming!

Impeachment indeed . . . Wake up dude and stop dreaming . . .
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by abacrested(f): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
We now know that some southerners are also members of boko,it still will not work because God has remembered naija
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by shineeye1: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
PDP, they are at it again! They ever keep themselves busy with the hustle and scuffle of power and money looting, they hardly spare time and energy for meeting the needs of the masses. The Nigerian masses are done for!
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

Northern party ko southern party ni!! It can be a northern party for all I care.As long as GEJ is contesting on the platform of PDP I will still vote for him.
Unfortunately the same old PDP rotates power between regions via a zoning formula. Indeed the problem the defunct PDP is facing right now is as a result of a certain gentleman who wants to renege on a certain agreement he was part of. I can understand that power is sweet to the man who do not want to give it up as it is sweet to the people who wants it back.
The battle between old PDP and new PDP is all about power shift and an agreed zoning formula.

But shouldn't there be honour. Even among thiefs?!
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
omonnakoda: Did he? How?

Maybe you were in planet mars during the last election when GEJ lost in the northwest and Northeast and yet won the election.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
software man:
Unfortunately the same old PDP rotates power between regions via a zoning formula. Indeed the problem the defunct PDP is facing right now is as a result of a certain gentleman who wants to renege on a certain agreement he was part of. I can understand that power is sweet to the man who do not want to give it up as it is sweet to the people who wants it back.
The battle between old PDP and new PDP is all about power shift and an agreed zoning formula.

But shouldn't there be honour. Even among thiefs?!

You mean like the gentleman agreement Gowon reached with Ojukwu @ aburi Ghana
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
software man:
Infact Jonathan does not need any other region . The votes of the south east and the south south is enough to make him president.
I wonder why he has being running helter skelter since saturday. He does not need the north or any other people for that matter!

Bros no matter what Jonathan does now he will never win in the north or the southwest.The people who want him out simply wants a northerner in power so except Jonathan turns to a hausa-fulani man they will never vote for him.

All he has to do is to continue to impress the SS/SE/MB to continue to retain their support.

1 Like

Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Zikkyy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:
All he has to do is to continue to impress the SS/SE/MB to continue to retain their support.

i don't think this will work o! Buhari adopted a similar approach and lost.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by duwdu: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

Hmn... Are you saying in your view Gowon did not honor Aburi, therefore Jonathan needs not honor his own agreement? Or that "the gentleman agreement reached at Aburi" was of no consequence?

P34c3
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by omonnakoda: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

Maybe you were in planet mars during the last election when GEJ lost in the northwest and Northeast and yet won the election.
Did he lose?
What do you mean by "LOSE" ? I don't think he lost he got the stipulated 25% perhaps you need to educate yourself better about how our Presidential election works.
The guy said he won WITHOUT the NORTH and that is what I responded to.
It is impossible to become president of Nigeria without getting 25% in at least 7 states in the North GEJ got at least 25% in at 15 states out of 19 so what do you mean by "LOST".??
The question of "winning" a state is not mentioned in our constitution as regards Presidential elections.Either you get 25% or not that is all. Winning only arises at the National level when Total votes are counted So educate yourself better!
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
zegbeye:

The only way to deal with your enemies is to bring them closer...one of the laws of power

The same way he brought Amaechi, kwankaso and their kind closer right.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

Northern party ko southern party ni!! It can be a northern party for all I care.As long as GEJ is contesting on the platform of PDP I will still vote for him.
Lmaooo u guys are hilarious. Foolish and hilarious at the same time.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afolabs101:

All it takes is for a Tambuwal or Lamido to defect to APC and be given the ticket. You might find some PDP Governors doing what Tinubu and Co did to Ribadu in 2011.
And what have this Lamido and Tambuwal guys achieved to deserve running your country? You're suggesting another duo that have no experience in managing a country to just come in and learn on the job then in 2 yrs u start complaining again. You guys just love running around in weird circles.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
chukwudi44:

You guys, more than the Ijaws themselves, are the ones that drowned GEJ.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by PureNigerian: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Chukwud144

Mumu as it stands GEJ is already in control of the PDP.That is why the loosers has to storm out of the convention.Mind you it is not forming factions that matter but rather been recognised by INEC.Even if 2 million senators recognise them and INEC does not all their efforts would have been in vain.Just continue fooling yourselves.

Oh yeah
Why is he begging them?
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
omonnakoda: Did he lose?
What do you mean by "LOSE" ? I don't think he lost he got the stipulated 25% perhaps you need to educate yourself better about how our Presidential election works.
The guy said he won WITHOUT the NORTH and that is what I responded to.
It is impossible to become president of Nigeria without getting 25% in at least 7 states in the North GEJ got at least 25% in at 15 states out of 19 so what do you mean by "LOST".??
The question of "winning" a state is not mentioned in our constitution as regards Presidential elections.Either you get 25% or not that is all. Winning only arises at the National level when Total votes are counted So educate yourself better!

Who do you think gave him those 25%? Do you think it is northern muslims? GEJ got votes from northern xtians and southerners living those places in the north and come 2015 he will still repeat that feat.

He will get @ least 25% in the entire SE/SS/MB plus lagos,Niger,Adamawa,Kadunna,Bauchi,Kano, and even some south western states.

Abegi go siddon if you no get anything else to talk.

Only igbos living in the north are enough to secure him the required 25% in 2/3 states
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Praktikals(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Joe said his ambition is not worth the blood of a single Nigerian, but thousands have died as a direct consequence of his incompetence. Make dem impeach the guy jor!
Kairoseki77:

Sorry mate. If GEJ can't win the PDP primary, he cannot even run in the general election.

He is finished.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
kingoflag: You guys, more than the Ijaws themselves, are the ones that drowned GEJ.

Drowned ke? Are you in dreamland? You better wake up before it is too late
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
duwdu:

Hmn... Are you saying in your view Gowon did not honor Aburi, therefore Jonathan needs not honor his own agreement? Or that "the gentleman agreement reached at Aburi" was of no consequence?

P34c3

Bros are you sure you are conversant with the history sorrounding the aburi accord? Abeg go and get some education and quit advertising your ignorance.
Re: 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by Bright2(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Honourable members,am tired of analysing this PDP issues to the APC members in this house however i still remain loyal to Takur's lead PDP. It's not the begining of the race that matters but the end! I still support Jona to the core!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / EFCC Urged To Seize Dan Etete’s Private Jet Over Malabu Scandal / FG To Distribute N10bn Trader Moni Loan In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.