Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Pilot Career - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pilot Career (72492 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Will I Be Trained As A Pilot If I Join The Airforce With A Bsc In Psycology / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Career by 10qGod(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
I would say am a freak for flying its my passion, somethings discouraging me though, I have no idea of how to pay the fees, does anyone have an idea, are there sponsorship platforms out there?

those of you already in, did u all sponsor urselves or you got funding through airliners or other sponsorship sources? pllllllllllsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!! I need helllllllllllpppppppppp!

Over
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2009
Bristow Helicopter is Recruiting Graduate Trainee

Bristow Group’s most valuable asset is its people. Bristow aggressively searches for qualified personnel who possess the skills and technical abilities that are critical to the company’s future growth. When evaluating prospective employees, Bristow seeks those with experience, intelligence, energy and motivation.
Bristow is the only aviation company in Nigeria that has consistently trained Nigerian Pilots over the past 30 years.

Applications are invited from suitable qualified Nigerian Nationals for Trainee Programme as Helicopter Pilots.

The company will sponsor its selected candidates on a Pilot Trainee Scheme.

QUALIFICATION:
1.Candidate should possess a minimum of 2nd Class Lower.
2.Candidates should possess 5 credits in one sitting including English Language.

THE PERSON:
The candidates must be a Nigerian and must possess the following qualities:
1.Between 22-28 years old.
2.Fluency in, and have a proper understanding of English Language.

METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should send theit handwritten applications enclosing detailed copy of C.V,photocopies of all credentials,N.Y.S.C discharge certificate,birth certificate and two passport photograghs.The final date of submission of applications is 30th July,2009.

Details should be sent to :

The General Manager,
Bristow Helicopters (Nig) Ltd,
Old Domestic Wing,
M.M.Airport,
P.O.Box 11,
Ikeja,
Lagos State.
Re: Pilot Career by clemyke: 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
thanks for all the info,, well i just finished writting my IATA foundation diploma exam and was wondering if any body know any place,.airline or travel angecy thats is presently recruiting,, any info about this would very much be appreciated.
Re: Pilot Career by 10qGod(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
Hmmm, lots of information u will say, just took out time to read "How to become a pilot" and "Pilot career" threads, I have been well educated, my pathway to the sky used to look too cloudy but I can see better now, @RDV et al, thanks so so much, I hope you will keep in touch, cos I will have questions to ask from time to time,

over.
Re: Pilot Career by Traffic: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2009
I need to get names and addresses of Aviation sponsors in Nigeria.I am in love with flying.I need urgent reply
Re: Pilot Career by Traffic: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2009
This is to IV4U:am interested on how u got sponcored thanks smiley
Re: Pilot Career by folafikayo(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hi Guyz
I did my Internship programme(IT) with bristow helicopters last year as an avionics engineer with thier super puma AS332 EUROCOPTER FLEET.
well I must say, Bristow is a really cool & exciting Place to work.
For all u guyz wanting/ dreaming to be a PILOT like me, bristow is the coolest place to get funded, aldoe other airlines like arik do scholarship programmes, but i guess bristow"s is the most efficient & tytest
So for all u guyz hoping to write the exams, just prepare for the worst!
ALL D BEST
See you with the birds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Pilot Career by tuby(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] I am interested in Bristow advert but NIPOST is on strike. Please help.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2009
. . .
Re: Pilot Career by IVY4U(f): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2009
Hi all, long time no yarn. How are all the guy doing.
Was away for a while. Am back now. Quite busy though, but miss u guys sha.
@RDV, is been a while. Am in d sky. Is not been easy,but thank God 4 'Mentor'!!! like you.

Cheers to ya all.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Career by markt: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
@RDV and IVY,
I am truly impressed that you guys could share and help those of us aspiring to be pilots.
The challenges with this country requires Gods intervention o! Going through the internet i found out that most nations have airlines that PUBLICLY request for interested people to enroll for Pilot training programs, all these depend on the selection criteria. Places like India are in deep need of pilots and have alot of open support facilities for interested candidates.
Back here, we hide adverts because of some flimsy excuse(though RDV threw a better light on this), if we need to grow in this country we must look for those who are genuinely interested in dealings and engage them.
I know that in Nigeria we have alot of opportunists that just dive into what seems to be reigning or where the money seems to be, but in flying you can't deceive people and yourself for too long, so if you are only into the flying fever only because of the benefits then you need a rethink - the idea should come from a true passion and desire to be in the skies.

As for me, i am still want to fly sponsors or no sponsors, i have shown my interest to some schools in florida and they have replied, all that holds me is to have the financial backing, which will come.
@IVY what flight school did/do you attend? and what license do you get to graduate with? are you going to fly in the country or outside and how long was/is your program? How long did it take you to get a visa

Hoping to work at getting into flight school before december, A WORD OF WISDOM - If all that stands between you and actualizing your dream is money then you are as good as actualized; Money will and must always come.
Re: Pilot Career by MadMax1(f): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2009
Great attitude! You'll go far. There are aviation/auronautical universities, like Embry-Riddle. CPL Training cost about 18k as at 2003/4 and lasted 2 years, though there's accelerated training available at some schools, and some promise you can finish in a year but I thought it was some marketing gimmick. Resources there are for women, like Women in Aviation International scholarships which gives women about $3mil annually,but I don't know about scholarships for male pilots. You might also check airlines that are willing to accept international candidates for training and job placement. BA did that years ago, don't know about now. Mnay of them will train you if you'll work exclusively for them upon completion of training. Have a look around. It may seem impossible you'll be flying that sleek beautiful machine,like earning wings needs special innate skills or is brain surgery, but it's not true. Almost anyone can do it Don't give up on your dream.It'll come true!
Re: Pilot Career by markt: 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2009
Thanks for the upliftment!
I am not sure if airliners outside naija would willing take an International to train and work for them though i stand to be corrected! I have gotten so many schools writing to me trying to work me through the admission process, been shying away due to financial challenge but i know deep in my heart that before the end of this year i will leave for a flight school and by this time next year i would be a serving pilot.
One thing i can do for genuine pilot-wanna-be's (which i expect every person to do) is to keep you posted on positive developments as where a breakthrough lies for the actualiation of this dream. God will definitely pave a way for us!
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
Bon!
Kudos to folks on this thread who have proceeded to flight school to pursue their dream.

Wishing you all the best! Strive to be the best!
Re: Pilot Career by hiltino: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2009
Hello every member of the house, greetings.

I got an invitation for the Bristow Helicopter Pilot Application submitted last month.
The test will be coming up on the 9th of September 2009. Please, has anyone received similar invitation?

Anyone with useful information regarding the format of the test should please inform the
house as this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless.
Re: Pilot Career by slyboggie(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
hiltino:

Hello every member of the house, greetings.

I got an invitation for the Bristow Helicopter Pilot Application submitted last month.
   The test will be coming up on the 9th of September 2009. Please, has anyone received similar invitation?

Anyone with useful information regarding the format of the test should please inform the
   house as this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-45285.0.html
u shuld try the above link u may find it useful.
All the best.

Re: Pilot Career by Bowlue: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hi guyz, am an aspiring ATP pilot, but am presently in my final year, please cud anyone advice me on what to do 2 enhance my buoyancy in dis career, i mean, little programs(cud be certifications) i can do, 2 keep me grounded + focused.
Thanks
Re: Pilot Career by olasboy: 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
Wham. I've been looking for you for abt 1 yr. Its about that your ebook. Kindly post it to me tunnerow@yahoo.com God bless you man!
Re: Pilot Career by RDV(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2009
Its been a while,

Hope you are all doing ok.

IVY4U, congrats!!! Hope it is all going well. we will talk more on email.

To those of you still clinging on to the dream, despite the problems of finance, well done, and hang in there. Dont give up, the worldwide financial crisis is slowing things down dramatically right now, but early in the next year, the recession will end, and there will be a huge worldwide demand for both new and exerienced pilots, across international borders. That is an official prediction from "Pilot" Magazine.

I Hope and pray that each and every one of you is in the right place at the right time when it happens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: Pilot Career by skyjumbo: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
As I am a commercial pilot myself I am blessed by God that I have had my flyingcourse at a well known flyingschool. Without the good name of this school (CAE) on my papers it would have been very difficult to find a job in aviation.
For good info about FlightJobs I would suggest you take a look at ppjn.com. This website indicated all the requirements per airline and current situation.

Keep the blue side up,
Re: Pilot Career by lakexider: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: Pilot Career by skyjumbo: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
Hi Laxider,

The sitelink to the CAE flitghtschools is: http://www.cae.com/en/aviation.training/abinitio.training.asp or just click here, CAE

The nearest school is in Cameroon.
Re: Pilot Career by markt: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2009
Imagine! Read that Akwa Ibom gov. was in a flight that was involved in a "near-miss" (nearly colliding with another plane in mid-air). The suspicion is that one of the planes did not have a TCAS (Transport Collision Avoidance System) or it was not working; How can that be?
How reckless are we going to get? We can as well cut off the wings of the planes in this country and allow them compete with cars, trailers and buses on the highway than have them fly without a TCAS, even most recent modern cars come with "proximity alert systems",
is it till we hear that two planes ran into themselves b4 the government or people responsible for aircraft certification on flight safety realize the gravity of danger abi do they now want passengers to start helping the pilot to look out for incoming planes by looking out of their windows?
Re: Pilot Career by sandee575(f): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
@markt,

TCAS stands for Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System and not Transport Collision Avoidance System.
Proper air traffic control is essential in the airspace and the use of TCAS is just a back-up when that primary
control suffers from inadequacy or flaws in its execution. Ordinarily it should only provide flight crew with the
situational awareness of other aircraft in their proximity and as such, readiness to avert disaster just like in the
case cited in your post. Hence the air traffic controller apparently gave wrong clearances to the airplanes which
resulted in their conflict and TCAS came to the rescue just before disaster struck. Its hasty to rush into concluding
that the other airplane didnt have an operative TCAS. The matter is being investigated by the relevant authority and we
can only await their findings so that we all can learn a lesson from that and put things in place to avoid a re-occurence in future.
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hi guys,
I was listening to the news on Radio Nigeria some last week and I heard them say there is a new flying school in Enugu.
I think its a collabo btw the airforce and the private sector. I think I passed by the school some days back in Enugu (I didnt have time to go in and find out what it was like). Its located just before the airport along the airport road.
Re: Pilot Career by Cappadona123: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
please i will like to become a pilot and i am an o' level holder,can anyone advice me on what to do
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2010
Hi Guys!
Happy new year.
I had to dip my hands real deep into the layers of threads to pull this one up and to the top.

Wishing everyone here a fruitful year. May our careers and aspirations experience higher leverage,

To RDV, Skyjumbo, Pilot77, Olasboy, sly boggie, Mad_Max, superboi, IVY4U, clemyke, femo2000, ateke2, shushu, pilot77, Kiwi992, maxani, Crooks, ohiochard, adexblue, she-flies, wiod657, Stalker, Rotor-Head, Bim-29, Brunel, tobaaro, tuby and the rest of you who have made this discussion meaningful,
Re: Pilot Career by calabaman(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2010
@wham. . .never knew there was this kind of thread, good work!!!, It has been my lyf long dream 2be a pilot but the opportunities havent realy been there interms of information, sponsorship etc, Thank u for giving lyf 2my dreams, God bless u, I assume PPL stands for private pilot license right am highly interested in getting one as i assume its the 1st step in the pilot trainning ladder, 2ndly about bristow when will their enlistment 4 pilot trainning for the year come up. . .Thanx!
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2010
@Calabaman
Nice! Keep ur dream alive. Browse tru the pages of this thread. There is so much info to be gotten for anyone interested in flying.
Bristow places adverts on guardian and Thisday abt their Sponsorship programs (sometimes 2wce a year).
Stick to this thread, there is always someone to drop a hint of the next advert.
Re: Pilot Career by calabaman(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2010
Thanks@wham, You on facebook?If yes e-mail ur id/name so dat we can hookup, Mine addy is calabaman@rocketmail.com
Re: Pilot Career by wham(m): 9:23am On Feb 03, 2010
@Calabaman
You can reach me on whamatix@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.