Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (25565 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by emmanuel4fire: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
elamx: Hell No. cause the implications is more than what we guess or know at the moment.
This is one of the best advise I have seen so far on this thread. What you know at the moment may be different from the tail end. When you are tied to your spouse it's better you don't bring the past in. For women who are married please do totally away with your ex. When you see him at a distance just say "hi" without looking at his face. No meetings at any cool spot even if you work in same company. If you do that and you are caught not once nor twice, your man might not be happy and might develop jealousy and even cheat on you especially if he has warn you several times. It can destroy your marriage within a twinkle of an eye. Even ladies courting it's not advisable.
For men same applies. It's even worse for men because when it comes to sex and sexual emotion women has greater control than a man. "No" man cannot see his ex's uvulla and bomber in the silent and dark room and hold himself except the man is impotent. Even an importent man will kiss if he cant perform. Even a pastor will fall.
So my advise is that you stay off your ex whether on bb pinging, phone calls or whatever especially when you are married. Lust can crop in anytime when you are with him or her in that silent and cool spot.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Crixina(f): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
berem: Too bad! My ex actually made my man what he is today! we are still friends because we separated without any quarrel. it was a mutual agreement that we call it quitsWhy should i then hate him?
when I see stuff like this,begin to wonder what brought the couple together in the first place that they decided to have a mutual agreement to quit.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Crixina(f): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
yuzedo: if dey have big brezz, big nyash + ice cream lap, helllllll yeaaaa!!! angry undecided
where have you been?
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by WhyAWhy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
adconline:
Great advice for emotional wrecks who lack interpersonal skills. Marriage is not the end of life, there are still networks, alliances and friendships to be built and relied on. BTW, if you married all ur exes, by now, you would have had like 6-10 partners.

The only person that made sense! I don't understand why people can't look beyond the emotional side of things. Life is like a ladder, the same people you meet on your way up are still the same you will meet on your way down, so treat everyone well. Your exes might just be your passport to "that better life" you crave. Don't discard anyone. "Exes" are humans and....sorry you need human beings to survive. At least someone knows someone that knows someone....

My excesses(3 exes ago wink ) who's now a baby mama provided some very useful contacts recently. Another helped me to deal with a situation also recently and vice versa. Put protections in place. No need for cosy calls, frequent texts or dine outs..etc but keep the contact!

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
why not marry your EX since you want to be getting in touch.........your question is misleading

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Funkeogunjobi(f): 9:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ex is Ex period
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by emiye(m): 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
@op, it should be very very minimal , if there would be any, restricted to phone calls.

It is easier said that no problem in keeping contacts with exes, but there are lots of evidences that reveals that as humans the probability to fall again for our exes for lust or love reasons is higher than falling for others, most especially when the ex is doing way better than you, or better than you anticipated him/her to be doing.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Is this about men alone?
Don't u think women feel bad when they run into another babe u tapped her azz in the past? Y make it sound like the ex thing only hurts guys?
ddippset: just like taryour said, hellll noooo! a lot of people are talking bout how you should control emotions! that's why they are emotions, very hard to control. keeping in touch with an ex whom you shared a bed with is disrespectful to you partner. the mind frame of many guys is like this- you, your wife, and her ex will definitely meet up sometimes and he will always look at her and be like, men i once tapped that asz. that's how maost guys think. spare your loved, lovely and lovely husband that mental humiliation which could get vocal someday!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by yuzedo: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Crixina: where have you been?
dodgeing u. angry But now am bark. Sooooo wuz yo numba? kiss

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Truckpusher(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
Always keep your exes closeooo....ayaf warned these boys to ensure that all relationship ends well for both parties.

You guys have no idea what it means to crash punnyless in a cold weather when your ex is just a stone throw away from you angry

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by judedwriter(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
Yes you can, if- you r ready for a dirvorce! wink

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by foxgiovani(m): 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
The responses on this issue of keeping in contact with your ex is really absurd. Many people here are saying Yes, Its good and No its not without giving a logical reason to back up their view on it. To me, it needs a lot of maturity to keep in touch with your ex without allowing his or her keeping in touch to impact negatively on you. If you feel that you are not matured enough to handle communications relating to that, please don't keep in touch but if you feel you can, why not go ahead and keep communicating. But mind u, part of the maturity demands that your keeping in touch should be highly minimised. In the Bible, it is written that we should sow thy seed in the morning and withhold not thy hand in the evening - so, let's not be in a hurry to cast people away for that same person could be in a position to help u tomorrow. Over and out!

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by imonikhet: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kanwulia: I am an EXPERT in hoarding exes! I KEEP IN CLLLLLLLLLLLLOSE CONTACT WITH LIKE 10 EXES!!! cool.

Doctor ex. . .I get am!
PDP ex. . . I get am!
Accountant ex. . . I get am!
Pilot ex. . . I get am!
Custom official ex. . .I get am!
Pharmacy ex. . . I get am!
Professor ex. . .I get am!
They can never interfere with my married life! BUT RENDER GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD SERVICES IN AND OUT OF BED FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!MUTUALLY TOO. . . GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD COMAPNIONS WHEN WE ARE ALL BORED WITH MARRIAGE. . .A QUICK WEEKEND GET-AWAY CAN BE EXHILARATING!!!!kiss

The lady is a NOVICE!

As a married woman, what is she doing with a SINGLE ex that has 'a crib' abi na 'bunk-bed'? cheesy

I can NEVER try that! That na SERRRRRIOUS DEMOTION!!!! cry

Ladies!!!!! IT'S IYANYAAAAAN time!!! SHINE YA EYES O!!!!

If you wan eat BUSH-MEAT!!!! Abeg chop one with FLESH!!!!' AS A MARRRIED WOMAN OR MAN, never KEEP IN TOUCH WITH SINGLE EXES.

They have ABSOLUTELY nothing to offer!!! kiss

I mean ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOTHING!!!

Seeing 2 of my exes next month! BOTH MARRIED!!!! cool

Levels please!!!! Mtcheeeeeeew!!!!

A small fragment of Nigerian society just crumbled

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by foxgiovani(m): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
The responses on this issue of keeping in contact with your ex is really absurd. Many people here are saying Yes, Its good and No its not without giving a logical reason to back up their view on it. To me, it needs a lot of maturity to keep in touch with your ex without allowing his or her keeping in touch to impact negatively on you. If you feel that you are not matured enough to handle communications relating to that, please don't keep in touch but if you feel you can, why not go ahead and keep communicating. But mind u, part of the maturity demands that your keeping in touch should be highly minimised. In the Bible, it is written that we should sow thy seed in the morning and withhold not thy hand in the evening - so, let's not be in a hurry to cast people away for that same person could be in a position to help u tomorrow. Over a
nd out!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Allohrandy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
HELL NO. I tried keeping in touch with my crazy EX and it ended up a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Jman06(m): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
You are right on point!
sanb: For me; that's a Hell to the NO. There's a reason why they're now you ex...i.e. in the past....if things were right, then you should've been married....

Try to keep your ex's away from your present and future relationship; especially if you're now married....to eliminate any attraction coming back; which could inevitably create problems in your current relationship....
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
Truckpusher: Always keep your exes closeooo....ayaf warned these boys to ensure that all relationship ends well for both parties.

You guys have no idea what it means to crash punnyless in a cold weather when your ex is just a stone throw away from you angry
one bottle of gulder 4 u 2 step down urself

dont border thanking me, ur head is at home
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by blessed4ever: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'GOD HAS THE ANSWER', in Eagle Square Abuja this weekend, 7th & 8th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by adorable29(f): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
This is one of the best advise I have seen so far on this thread. What you know at the moment may be different from the tail end. When you are tied to your spouse it's better you don't bring the past in. For women who are married please do totally away with your ex. When you see him at a distance just say "hi" without looking at his face. No meetings at any cool spot even if you work in same company. If you do that and you are caught not once nor twice, your man might not be happy and might develop jealousy and even cheat on you especially if he has warn you several times. It can destroy your marriage within a twinkle of an eye. Even ladies courting it's not advisable.
For men same applies. It's even worse for men because when it comes to sex and sexual emotion women has greater control than a man. "No" man cannot see his ex's uvulla and bomber in the silent and dark room and hold himself except the man is impotent. Even an importent man will kiss if he cant perform. Even a pastor will fall.
So my advise is that you stay off your ex whether on bb pinging, phone calls or whatever especially when you are married. Lust can crop in anytime when you are with him or her in that silent and cool spot.
On point! U make sense wella!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by PrettySpicey(f): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
WHY? So the devil can rear up his ugly horns? I don't think so. Exes are like your downloaded doodoo, they are meant to be flushed out. Finito!!!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
NO.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by mkoabiola: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2013
It depnds.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by OdionOdion: 12:10am On Sep 05, 2013
blessed4ever: The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'GOD HAS THE ANSWER', in Eagle Square Abuja this weekend, 7th & 8th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you listen to CD by LILIAN concerning your G.O please b4 it is late
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by OdionOdion: 12:10am On Sep 05, 2013
blessed4ever: The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'GOD HAS THE ANSWER', in Eagle Square Abuja this weekend, 7th & 8th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you listen to the CD by LILIAN concerning your G.O please b4 it is late
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by dejijohns(m): 12:13am On Sep 05, 2013
yuzedo:
dodgeing u. angry But now am bark. Sooooo wuz yo numba? kiss
Lol... Bro af bin watchin U 4smtym nw askin gals 4dir numba in dix crude manner, ah neva c any of dem gi U numba c... U no go chng ur method, abi am I d Learner??

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by emmydee(m): 12:13am On Sep 05, 2013
My answer is NO! Under any cover.whether mutually separated or violently,both shld simply keep off.it's not healthy,it breaks marriages easily.so cut off all communication wit all ex.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Aewesomz: 12:33am On Sep 05, 2013
Never
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 05, 2013
my second ex girl-friend that we broke up some years back gave me an information after one year of the break up and that information she gave me during that time changed my life positively,because that info was the right info I needed to have a successful life and become rich,and I asked myself what would have happened if I hated her or turned her to be my enemy because she is my ex will I have that privilege to get the info from her,so sometimes because someone is ur ex does not mean that they should become ur enemy,it depends on the maturity and emotional control of the lady or a man,for the past two years nah I and my ex girl-friend are very good friends and we never had any intimate affair with each other despite being friends with each other,so its all about the emotional control and the psychological control.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 05, 2013
snthesis: should married persons i.e the wife or husband keep in touch with exes undecided
on the flip side keepin in touch with an ex is usually to compare with the choice made i.e scorn the person assuming the person isnt better off when you left him/her, but in the case where the person is excelling a sense of regret might set in, and if the person is a bad guy/girl, the tendency to cheat will come in.

case in point, thanx to Watzapp, my ex and i started chatting seriously, catch is she's married and wants to pay a visit to my crib- i feel its totally wrong, but this wud never have crept up if she didnt keep in touch.
there is no perfect relationship, and potential infidelity lies in wait, when a partner is unhappy and comparing the choice made with another individual with whom he/she has had past sexual engagement.

should married persons i.e the wife or husband keep in touch with exes? should married partners ban all form of communication with exes?

My ex fiancé found me and asked to be a friend on FB ,I turned him down.i left him and broke his heart years ago and I know for a fact that he still has a soft spot for me and it would be unwise for me to have anything to do with him for the sake of my family and his.
I think depending on the circumstances,there are some exes one should keep away from before Okafor's law takes effect.

I had accepted a FB friendship from a former sweetheart and he left me a shocking poem on my wall on my birthday
Na wa o
He is separated from his wife and knows that I am married.The speed I used to delete it eh before my family or church members saw it grin grin
I was shocked to know this man still knew my birthday after donkey years ,I don't even remember what year he was born let alone month grin

Perhaps one should keep away from all exes tupu Latin apuo na mensa

5 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by repogirl(f): 1:38am On Sep 05, 2013
One can keep in touch with an ex, from afar. Some married people lack common sense and that's why they'll open themselves up for 'Something' which they 'll blame the devil for.

when one is married, its best to cut out relationships with people one was romantically involved with or just have an offhanded relationship with the person. Let them know that there are boundaries now.

I've had exes who have tried to keep in contact but after I turn them down serially and relate with them on a strictly platonic level, they get the message.

once one is married, one is married! There should be no room for regrets, or were they asleep when they were saying I do to for better or worse?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by kenjudy(m): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Na wa ooo. People just dey take dis ex tinz too far ooo. If u know say u no fit stay wit ur present whatever why u no kukuma join ashe abi na runs girls una dey call dem? At least dat one go make me know say u be correct and not deceiver. I dropped my immediate previous ex becos of her exes. Reason been dat as long as u keep on keeping close contacts means 2tinz to me: 1. Either u regret leaving dem which or 2. U miss d way they nack u akpako which all means am not gud enuf for u. Cos if I am gud enuf, u for no rmbr dem like dat. So anytime u start wit ur ex, na gudbye from me be dat cos I've nvr compromised my relationship wit my exes whatsoever. And anybody wey despise my reasons here dey madt and na ashawo whether u be man or woman!

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by cherishgal: 6:40am On Sep 05, 2013
[b][/b]The best way is to let he/she to go their personal ways to avoid tempetation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Festive Giveaway / Wife Brings Fake Father To Represent PZ’S Baby Moment Winner / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.