Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? (2284 Views)

Which Z Beter? Same Bedroom Or Different Bedrooms 4 Maried Couples / Can You Share The Same Bedroom With Your Husband/wife? / Question For The Day: Should Couples Use The Same Bedroom Or Seperate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
i find it funny or hard to do, to share the same bedroom with partner, unfortunately i come from where my parents have their separate bedroom, and there is no any problem like not living happy, its was cool. and this are my mentality. i am surprise to see couple living in big house with enough rooms. but still use one bedroom. i dont want insult you critics. because i do not see how this will stop you from doing se.x. it rather give you privacy and comfort, i like my privacy and can't share it with no body , repeat no body with this for bedroom. me only and me alone, is this abnormal? so what's your views guys. and for ladies do you find this comfortable?
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Trash, what privacy do you need from someone you are married to for life, she will only have a separate bedroom when we start making babies, more like just to make sure taking care of the baby doesn't have to be done in my own bedroom...because of how Trashy the place can become with those baby stuffs and all of what comes with new born babies, like crying at night, urinating all over the place and what have you.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by slap1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
^^

You get time to reply am. Kudos to you!
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
eddiebruk: Trash, what privacy do you need from someone you are married to for life, she will only have a separate bedroom when we start making babies, more like just to make sure taking care of the baby doesn't have to be done in my own bedroom...because of how Trashy the place can become with those baby stuffs and all of what comes with new born babies, like crying at night, urinating all over the place and what have you.
exactly what i am trying to say, sharing same bedroom with wife can be trashy and messed up. complete comfort and privacy is all i ask. i hate to find something especially when you know where you keep them.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by addictiv(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
nope everyone gets to have their own bedrooms.....she can sleep in my room anytime but she must have her own room......and little addictiv must have his.....
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by RealHotGirl(f): 12:46am On Sep 10, 2013
eddiebruk: Trash, what privacy do you need from someone you are married to for life, she will only have a separate bedroom when we start making babies, more like just to make sure taking care of the baby doesn't have to be done in my own bedroom...because of how Trashy the place can become with those baby stuffs and all of what comes with new born babies, like crying at night, urinating all over the place and what have you.

abi pampers no dey in ur shop?

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by oyinbogirl(f): 1:32am On Sep 10, 2013

If your ok having intimacy (and that can get messy too) yet once a baby is born out goes wife & baby? That seems harsh. .. And what 'mess' you talking about anyway? Theres Very little mess from a breAstfed baby, and nappy alone wont be making huge mess...keep a bin for it or better yet put it straight outside in a bin! Why should ur wife n baby be separated from you ? Your wife and baby need you too
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 10, 2013
oyinbogirl:

If your ok having intimacy (and that can get messy too) yet once a baby is born out goes wife & baby? That seems harsh. .. And what 'mess' you talking about anyway? Theres Very little mess from a breAstfed baby, and nappy alone wont be making huge mess...keep a bin for it or better yet put it straight outside in a bin! Why should ur wife n baby be separated from you ? Your wife and baby need you too

I am not against husband and wife sharing same room, but during the nursing stage, i would prefer both mother and child be in their own room, because i just cant stand the stress that comes with it, OMG do you even imagine when maybe i have to get something done at night and the Baby for no reason starts crying..? if the child is up to like 3years, the mother can come back fully to sharing same room with me, but while Nursing a new born baby, that one is a no go area
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Mynd44: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2013
The man should get a little study or studio for times he needs to be alone.

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Popowaa: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Guess u wont be having s.ex till that 3 years
eddiebruk:

I am not against husband and wife sharing same room, but during the nursing stage, i would prefer both mother and child be in their own room, because i just cant stand the stress that comes with it, OMG do you even imagine when maybe i have to get something done at night and the Baby for no reason starts crying..? if the child is up to like 3years, the mother can come back fully to sharing same room with me, but while Nursing a new born baby, that one is a no go area

2 Likes

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2013
You kind of sound selfish,so you want your wife to go through the stress alone and be back to cuddle when she is through?

And back to topic,I think it brings intimacy. After a long day,u both end up in the same room and through those early morning rituals u even get to know each other more. If u can afford it then the master bedroom should be big enough so u can both have enough space without u having to complain.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2013
I understand the parabolic trajectory the OP's argument is taking. He harps about privacy. However, his reasons are purely borne out of a selfish motive and a me-first attitude, which could be catastrophic to the ministry. I could argue for both sides, but the issue about using a baby as an excuse to get a separate room is arranticus nonsenticus! She didn't have the baby alone. When you were making the baby and oh my god-ing, na the room una dey. Now God has answered with the baby and now it becomes a nuisance to you because he urinates? Abi you no piss as a pikin?

The height of insensitivity is living in the same house with your family and ignoring the wail of a baby because of "privacy". What if the mother, your wife, is tired? Or she cant/shouldn't get tired?

I know of a man who takes delight in relieving his wife of the baby at night, so that she gets some sleep. Nothing wrong in taking turns. I don't like the idea of a couple sleeping in different rooms, and I'm not one to force my opinion on a lady, so if it comes to the extent that we are in different rooms(I pray it doesn't), nothing will make me ignore my own baby, biko. When then do you bond with your baby?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by auntytee: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2013
angryNo offence bro. I think I don't like u and ur opinion
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by kayClt(f): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
eddiebruk:

r u freaking kidding me!!! So after hving intimacy in d same room wit ur wife, u don't consider messy but d result of it nw turns messy when it stays in ur rum,y not hv a study where u can go n do ur work,so the mother nw takes responsibilty of the baby u both made while u enjoy dan after 3 yrs she cums bck. I pity dat lucky woman of urs.

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by oyinbogirl(f): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: I understand the parabolic trajectory the OP's argument is taking. He harps about privacy. However, his reasons are purely borne out of a selfish motive and a me-first attitude, which could be catastrophic to the ministry. I could argue for both sides, but the issue about using a baby as an excuse to get a separate room is arranticus nonsenticus! She didn't have the baby alone. When you were making the baby and oh my god-ing, na the room una dey. Now God has answered with the baby and now it becomes a nuisance to you because he urinates? Abi you no piss as a pikin?

The height of insensitivity is living in the same house with your family and ignoring the wail of a baby because of "privacy". What if the mother, your wife, is tired? Or she cant/shouldn't get tired?

I know of a man who takes delight in relieving his wife of the baby at night, so that she gets some sleep. Nothing wrong in taking turns. I don't like the idea of a couple sleeping in different rooms, and I'm not one to force my opinion on a lady, so if it comes to the extent that we are in different rooms(I pray it doesn't), nothing will make me ignore my own baby, biko. When then do you bond with your baby?

was going to further comment, but you pretty much said what I was going to say. Anyways guys like these are better off owning a dog , that is if the noise and mess isnt too much. Me, I cant have a husband who evicts me out of the room till the child is older, i will feel like a single mother. A job allows you to come home, rest eat and relax before beginning again the next day. Children are a 24 hr job without a lot or rest. Men should realise this and help out and be involved, after all its their child as well, and the early years are the bonding years. Yet later on will complain why the child/ren favour the mum? Yehhhh very insensitive and 'me first' kind of attitude here, thank God not all men are this way!
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2013
oyinbogirl:

was going to further comment, but you pretty much said what I was going to say. Anyways guys like these are better off owning a dog , that is if the noise and mess isnt too much. Me, I cant have a husband who evicts me out of the room till the child is older, i will feel like a single mother. A job allows you to come home, rest eat and relax before beginning again the next day. Children are a 24 hr job without a lot or rest. Men should realise this and help out and be involved, after all its their child as well, and the early years are the bonding years. Yet later on will complain why the child/ren favour the mum? Yehhhh very insensitive and 'me first' kind of attitude here, thank God not all men are this way!
God forbid me to be this way! I saw what my mother went thru raising me and my siblings. I can't let my wife pass thru all that alone. Sharing the same room with her and the baby allows for bonding with both parents, especially during the formative years, 0 - 3.

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by homesteady(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2013
Before, when I see couples sleeping in different bedrooms, I use to think that, maybe one of them is a deep snorer or likes rolling on the bed! grin . And the other partner finds it unbearable! So they move to another room!
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by mcdreeezy: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2013
I agree with the OP's point of view. If I'll get married, we'll have different rooms. I like my privacy, I dont think that will stop us from bonding, not in the slightest undecidedI agree with the OP's point of view. If I'll get married, we'll have different rooms. I like my privacy, I dont think that will stop us from bonding, not in the slightest
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
mcdreeezy: I agree with the OP's point of view. If I'll get married, we'll have different rooms. I like my privacy, I dont think that will stop us from bonding, not in the slightest undecidedI agree with the OP's point of view. If I'll get married, we'll have different rooms. I like my privacy, I dont think that will stop us from bonding, not in the slightest

1 Like

Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kikiani: (If u'll get married?)oboi u nd d OP r nt normal at alll(no hard feelings tho)bottomline,master bedroom nd a baby's cot..a child dat says d mother wil not sleep,d father must also nt sleep..gudbye
grin grin
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Monicasque(f): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
selfish post. 2 shall become 1 ooo. maybe your folks had a crashed marriage from start and they chose to stay together just for the sake of raising kids in a home with both parents
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
sexkillz: God forbid me to be this way! I saw what my mother went thru raising me and my siblings. I can't let my wife pass thru all that alone. Sharing the same room with her and the baby allows for bonding with both parents, especially during the formative years, 0 - 3.

Yea , totally hearing you smiley
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
i hate it when people don't understand or just being biased any every thing. right from time i like my privacy especially finding my things where i keep them. i love reading and browsing. i love quite place and no child noisy. my younger once can play and messed up my mother room but can't try that in my father's room. not even access not to talk of messing there up. i know what i am talking. everything i keep in my room i always meet them at same positions. i love my privacy i dont joke with my privacy. me only and me alone. that's why i always recommend people to build many rooms with all rooms master so that every body your children and stranger, visitors to have a rooms. i am never a fun of 3 to 4 bedroom flat. but more with all bathroom.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
i'll have my lil sanctuary. He can have his too if he wishes to.
There are just times when i need to be alone....lyk really alone!
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
alutacontinua: i'll have my lil sanctuary. He can have his too if he wishes to. There are just times when i need to be alone....lyk really alone!
thank you there. you just look like someone who seems to understand what is called privacy and personal stuff.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Joel.:
i hate it when people don't understand or just being biased any every thing. right from time i like my privacy especially finding my things where i keep them. i love reading and browsing. i love quite place and no child noisy. my younger once can play and messed up my mother room but can't try that in my father's room. not even access not to talk of messing there up. i know what i am talking. everything i keep in my room i always meet them at same positions. i love my privacy i dont joke with my privacy. me only and me alone. that's why i always recommend people to build many rooms with all rooms master so that every body your children and stranger, visitors to have a rooms. i am never a fun of 3 to 4 bedroom flat. but more with all bathroom.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by LewsTherin: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
People. Easy on the young man. He obviously isn't married. And if he is,..........I feel for them. Truly I do.

Of what use is being private and secluded from someone you pledged to spend the rest of your life with? Because they'll trash the place? Please. Because of "my privacy"?

There is only one reason for failed marriages and relationships. And that is the selfishness of one or both parties. Nothing more.

Now you get why I said I feel for him.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Monicasque(f): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
if u wana have your ''privacy'' and not treat marriage like its normally treated then why bother getting married?
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
LewsTherin: People. Easy on the young man. He obviously isn't married. And if he is,..........I feel for them. Truly I do. Of what use is being private and secluded from someone you pledged to spend the rest of your life with? Because they'll trash the place? Please. Because of "my privacy"? There is only one reason for failed marriages and relationships. And that is the selfishness of one or both parties. Nothing more. Now you get why I said I feel for him.
does having your room where you keep your personal stuff and have some private time has anything to with with selfishness? is just about special time and private issues.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Joel3(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Monicasque: if u wana have your ''privacy'' and not treat marriage like its normally treated then why bother getting married?
what is marriage? what do you know about marriage? is it because the white folks have so much blind the african way of life from it real practice? marriage does not mean one shouldn't know himself again or the right thing to do. if you wanna follows everything about the white folks why not stop eating the african soap. there is personal issues otherwise you will end up regreting. is it the women we have nowadays? who's mentality has change? looking for the rich guys all over the town. arm robbers in disguise:. going back to sleep with ex even while still in husband house. i dont trust women never can i, i am not a fool.
Re: Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? by Mogenerous(f): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
eddiebruk:

thank your star you are Nigerian... Unlike yankees where both parents have to take turn in taking care of babies... I don't buy the idea of using seperate room,one way or the other,it gives room for unhealthy space between the couple. When they start having babies,the babies should have their rooms seperated from the parent's room though the baby's cot should be in the parent's room till the baby is old enough to do thing his/herself... My view though...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Avoid Prostitution Let Our Nigerian Men Begin To Marry Four Wives!!! / 6 Reasons You Should Have Sex On The First Date / When Your Desired Man/woman Is Not Coming Your Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.