Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update (23933 Views)

Price And Availability Details Of Iphone 5C and 5S In Nigeria / iphone 5S And iphone 5C Full Specifications (With Pics!) / Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Leopantro: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ adewasco2k, that is not new. android has apps that do that. I believe you followed it in detail, what ground shaking new feature did they introduce. Please, I'm interested in that
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER!
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Olamilec: Thanks everybody for making my day lovely @Adaobi and her Mr. Advocate I really appreciate you... No harm mean. Love you all and thanks Apple for bringing us together.

Lol Mr Advocate ? tongue

No problem.
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by crisycent: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
ASSU still dey on strike?
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by cupid4ig(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lol i just dey observe
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by hustla(m): 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Imitating Nokia.. Epic fail..
They should never have reduced prices.. Maybe bids to win more customers drove them to do that Sha

I trust apples judgement.. They won't do something that won't favor them...like BlackBerry releasing bbm for iphones. Idiots
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Make i dey manage my 3310, Battery Life=forever, only need to be charged once every six months, with 3GNetwork HDMI speaker/video output.
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by coolest01(m): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
crisycent: ASSU still dey on strike?
ASUU not ASSU!and it's obvious u've not been going to sch even when they weren't on strike, so I don't see any need for the strike to be called off...hehe

4 Likes

Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Stunner1(f): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
My S3 is still the bomb o jare.... Android anytym anyday

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by feezy(m): 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
According to apple a phone of 550$ is an affordable phone that's close to 90k
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by wnr4r(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ LAST Apple Unveils The iPhone 5S http:///sprJbUAL3d (live updates) Full Specs + Features

Apple Introduces The New iPhone 5C At $99
for 16GB, $199 for 32GB
Today, for the first time in its history, Apple
has expanded the iPhone line with a new
model called iPhone 5C. The device will come
in green, yellow, blue, white and red colors.
Apple is also introducing a series of cases to
go along with the phones, made of silicon
rubber. The device is powered by an A6
processor and features a steel frame covered
in plastic coating. For the entire six year history of the iPhone,
Apple has staunchly stuck to offering a single
line of models at a time. While it has
increasingly placed both old and new models
on sale alongside one another in its...

http://infolodge.net/blog/blog/2013/09/10/apple-introduces-new-iphone-5c-99-16gb-199-32gb/
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by adewasco2k(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
Leopantro: @ adewasco2k, that is not new. android has apps that do that. I believe you followed it in detail, what ground shaking new feature did they introduce. Please, I'm interested in that

i must say i was not wowed but lets take a look at few
1. The chips: A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
2. The TouchID: which is a Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
3. iSight Camera: i love the features of the iSight Camera, the Five-element lens, ƒ/2.2 aperture etc

On a scale of 5 *****

Galaxy S4 ***
iPhone 5s ****
HTC one **
Lumia 1020 **

iOS still the best mobile operating system, but iDevices lack the hardware. Apple is focusing too much on OS in expense of Hardware and good design.
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Leopantro: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
adewasco2k:

i must say i was not wowed but lets take a look at few
1. The chips: A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion coprocessor
2. The TouchID: which is a Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
3. iSight Camera: i love the features of the iSight Camera, the Five-element lens, ƒ/2.2 aperture etc

On a scale of 5 *****

Galaxy S4 ***
iPhone 5s ****
HTC one **
Lumia 1020 **

iOS still the best mobile operating system, but iDevices lack the hardware. Apple is focusing too much on OS in expense of Hardware and good design.

okay, I'll give you that. but those features you mentioned would require to buy a new iphone to use them. you can't upgrade the OS to get those features. considering that, is the phone worth it? for a new user, yes. but majority are old users and the answer is no.
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2013

"For an outright buy, you’ll pay $869 for the 16GB model, $999 for the 32GB model and $1129 for the 64GB version."
- Lifehacker
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by wnr4r(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
Leopantro:

okay, I'll give you that. but those features you mentioned would require to buy a new iphone to use them. you can't upgrade the OS to get those features. considering that, is the phone worth it? for a new user, yes. but majority are old users and the answer is no.

Yes! Those features are embedded in d new iPhone 5s...not useful to existing ones...
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by wnr4r(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
SimonAndal:
- Lifehacker

OMO see Gobe........cheesy laff don tear ma belle
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by feezy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
SimonAndal:
- Lifehacker

869-139000
999-160000
1129-179000 now that's an affordable phone
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by kevd4all(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
adewasco2k: I missed this part :

The fingerprint info is stored inside the A7, deep in some chip sub-section. Not stored anywhere on Apple's servers
Touch-to-unlock. No more swipe
Even though Apple says that doesn't mean it's secure cos according to Snowden reports Apple/Google/facebook/yahoo to name a few are on the NSA's payroll and give out user information @ will, only BlackBerry is the most secure Smartphone provider #ichooseblackberry10
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ZN2: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
Interesting new features. Of course, not overwhelming (I suppose they'll leave a bunch of other tricks for the iphone 6 next year).
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by tender92(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
Security dis security dat.!!!
Am even sure i will find iPhone 5c London used by nxt week in computer village....lmao
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by kevd4all(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=Donmichaelz]Hahahahahahahaha what about the ICPx,if u are a hacker you will understand dat the ICPx is the main frame of info on a mobile..most BB have it and nw the iphone 5s is Out,u gat be kidding me,why was there no explanation on Phone security on personal info...I didn't say Am an Hacker am just saying what I observed. THEY ARE JUST LETTING BUYERS get CARRIED away by pictures,battery life,flexibility and nobody is asking about SECURITY..hahaha what a World,go out there and buy it if you like it but be certainly sure You are FEEDING the CIA with a lot of info dat u can't imagine...quote]
Right on point...according to #snowden reports Apple/Google/Facebook etc. are on the NSA's payroll and give out user information @least there was no indication that BlackBerry servers were compromised even though we know the NSA can monitor everything on the internet
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ismokeweed1(f): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
this is so 4kd up. how can a phone costing $600 be called a budget phone? abeg can someone please explain apples concept of saying that paying N90,000 for a phone is at a budget?

this phone is strictly for the big girls cool cool
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ZN2: 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Ola3tag(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Olamilec: First of all let me apologise for the - words but if you check that image very well you will know it's photoshop you can't possibly get that of your phone or did your phone as an extra layer to display overlay picture?
All facebook app for high end phones does dat and more Dan u can barely imagine sef,trust me...
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by TechyGuy: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Can someone tell Apple to stop making 4" screen phones with dual core and 1GB ram?
Even Tecno have gone past that stage.

In this age and time?
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ogaibe1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
i-smoke-weed:
this is so 4kd up. how can a phone costing $600 be called a budget phone? abeg can someone please explain apples concept of saying that paying N90,000 for a phone is at a budget?

this phone is strictly for the big girls cool cool

when someone bring this phone to nigeria, we nigerians will like to get it for 20k thats all i have cheesy cheapskates. They want the best but dont want to pay the price.
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
ogaibe1:

when someone bring this phone to nigeria, we nigerians will like to get it for 20k thats all i have cheesy cheapskates. They want the best but dont want to pay the price.
oloshi. 600usd na budget phone abi?
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ZN2: 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
TechyGuy: Can someone tell Apple to stop making 4" screen phones with dual core and 1GB ram?
Even Tecno have gone past that stage.

In this age and time?

Not everyone likes clutching those '5" display' devices, actually. One of the major reasons I'm turned off by the slew of android phones out there is the screen size.

For most users, portability matters a lot. Afterall, it's a mobile device not a tablet.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by denzel2009: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Iphools will go and buy this? finger print scanner? seriously? so that NSA can have a field day?
Re: iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Event - Live Update by ciphoenix: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Mr man, stop talking rubbish and go on the nokia Facebook page. Jheeezzeeee

It takes one who uses the app to know wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery / Mtn Night Browsing Plan N2500 Now Working Perfectly At 24hours / Which Mobile Phone Do You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.