Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (15622 Views)

Poll: Husbands in the labor room:

Yes: 90% (68 votes)
No: 9% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives? / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by sistajay(f): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
Husband should be there during labour offerin support to the wife.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by abujabooks(f): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2008
Yes. it makes them appreciate their women more.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by sammyjl(f): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2008
Yes
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by aviyon: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2008
Yes. Men should and must go into the labour room. It makes them appreciate their wifes more.It also shows their wifes that they are in it together. I am speaking from experience X2
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by BlockCemnt: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2008
Yes
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sammy107d(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2008
abujabooks:

Yes. it makes them appreciate their women more.

aint gna happen. il appreciate it if u just let me out.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Bukie(f): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2008
A friend of mine fainted wen he saw d pain his wife was thru. He's so scared of getting her pregnant again.
I tink it's always a wonderful experience for both of them
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by MrCrackles(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2008
Me i go enter labour room whether Doctor like am or not!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by temi4rea(f): 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2008
The truth is when men are allowed in the labour room it scares them to hell in having another baby!
I have a daughter of 5yr nw and his not interested in having another baby.
he insist the experience is so close to death!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Moyola(f): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2008
YES!! d sight of da hubby 'll make her push harder! tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by ladydom: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2008
He hv to be there cos we did it together, when i had my baby my hubby was in the Hospital with me but he was not allow in the labour room but he in for like 5-10 minutes and when i saw him i was a bite stronger so i suggest that hubby should be allow in the labour room
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by NaijaWifey(f): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2008
I know for a fact, once he see me in labour that will be the last child to come from this womb, he hates to see me with cramps, it destroys his spirit! wink
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by dellynash(f): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2008
i won't like my husband to be present in the labour room, it will make me loose concentration and make things even more difficult, i prefer he stays in another room and just come out to see the baby.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by kokorunna(m): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2008
Of course husbands should be allowed into the labour room.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by MaiSuya(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2008
MrCrackles:

Me i go enter labour room whether Doctor like am or not!

Even when anoda man's wife is inside abi? grin

NaijaWifey:

I know for a fact, once he see me in labour that will be the last child to come from this womb, he hates to see me with cramps, it destroys his spirit! wink

Owww! How touching! cry If only all Niaja men can be like this. . . cool
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 8:43pm On May 10, 2009
choicehome:

Should Husbands be allowed into the Labour Room

A woman once said at a salon I went to do my hair that she prefers her husband to be by her bed side during delivery because seeing him, will give her the courage and strength needed at that moment.

i'm sorry she is on her own, i can't stand the sight of blood grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Oxone(m): 5:47am On May 11, 2009
i dont expect to be anywhere else except by her side grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

& beside i cant think of anything that will be more important undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by jamace(m): 6:56pm On May 11, 2009
I feel husbands should be allowed. It is better than hussy hanging around because the fear and tension will be higher. Again, I believe the presence of the man will be a morale booster to the wife. Lastly, It is important that hussy and wiffey be together in sweetness and in pain.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by biina: 8:41pm On May 11, 2009
I think the more relevant question is "do husbands want to be in the labour room?" cos child birth no be moi-moi
If d woman hold ur hand during labor, na all ur carpals she go grind to dust!
When small pikin see fear, im sef go fear!!!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 9:01pm On May 11, 2009
i think they should be there at least maybe after seeing/hearing her screams and shout her lungs out they "beaters" among them will at least maybe think twice before raising their filthy hands on her knowing what she went through for him undecided undecided
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by glotes(f): 9:40pm On May 11, 2009
well they should be allowed into the labour room. if it wud make them appreciate the women folk better then it wud be a plus for women.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by MrCrackles(m): 9:43pm On May 11, 2009
Yes why not!

I wanna see that big headed thing pop out live! grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Oxone(m): 9:46pm On May 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

I wanna see that big headed thing pop out live! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

doesnt just pop out, its more like a gradual process with lots of pushing & gore (21+) & definitely not for the faint hearted undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

as for me, i'll be there live grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 2:49am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

i think they should be there at least maybe after seeing/hearing her screams and shout her lungs out they "beaters" among them will at least maybe think twice before raising their filthy hands on her knowing what she went through for him undecided undecided

the only way i will be in there is if i am wearing the darkest of sunglasses with my eyes close and my ears covered with my headset listening to my favorite music grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 2:53am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

the only way i will be in there is if i am wearing the darkest of sunglasses with my eyes close and my ears covered with my headset listening to my favorite music grin grin grin grin

u see ya head, listening to music and wearing sunglasses if only you were in the beach tongue

the screaming sef will block ur ear drums tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 3:26am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

u see ya head, listening to music and wearing sunglasses if only you were in the beach tongue

the screaming sef will block ur ear drums tongue

i will stuff my ears and will be yelling shout up woman!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 3:31am On May 12, 2009
na2day?:

i will stuff my ears and will be yelling shout up woman!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hahaha grin grin

u mean if she doesnt slap u during the shouting as a way to ease the pain tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 3:35am On May 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

hahaha grin grin

u mean if she doesnt slap u during the shouting as a way to ease the pain tongue

well, i keep to the cardinal rule, keep 9 yards between you and a shouting woman grin grin grin
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by FLGators1: 3:37am On May 12, 2009
@post

He needs to make it mandatory for him to witness his baby being born into this world.

What kind of man would miss seeing that event IF he could?
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 3:38am On May 12, 2009
FL Gators!:

@post

He needs to make it mandatory for him to witness his baby being born into this world.

sis how u dey? someone needs ur help here oo https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271019.0.html

na2day?:

well, i keep to the cardinal rule, keep 9 yards between you and a shouting woman  grin grin grin

u will have to hold her hand, so no escaping for u tongue
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by FLGators1: 3:43am On May 12, 2009
I dey o, will check up on it.

Thanks wink
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by na2day2(m): 3:50am On May 12, 2009
FL Gators!:

@post

let me see, me and the other 2bn men tongue tongue tongue

~Sissy~:

u will have to hold her hand, so no escaping for u tongue

yea, with a 9 foot pole grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink / Beware Of This Fraudster; Squillaci/Lovenkreaand/Evangkatsoulis / Porta Potties: The Bad, Worst And Ugly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.