Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (15658 Views)

Poll: Husbands in the labor room:

Yes: 90% (68 votes)
No: 9% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives? / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yes, shd be by forc, u did it together and u shd at least be there to hold her hands for support

it should never be by force because lets face not everyone is comfortable or would be comfortable with the site of childbirth. some people are Hematophobia. the site of childbirth is not a pretty scene. also some women would definitely be very uncomfortable with their husbands seeing them in such position. and some would want their privacy. and some wouldnt want the pressure that would be on them if their husbands were to be there. not every woman would actually want the presence of husbands there.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 7:07am On Nov 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

it should never be by force because lets face not everyone is comfortable or would be comfortable with the site of childbirth. some people are Hematophobia. the site of childbirth is not a pretty scene. also some women would definitely be very uncomfortable with their husbands seeing them in such position. and some would want their privacy. and some wouldnt want the pressure that would be on them if their husbands were to be there. not every woman would actually want the presence of husbands there.

u very right.
Thanx for the correction
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by tRoOE(f): 7:07am On Nov 23, 2009
Yeap he shuld be allowed, cos they were both doing dipping  2gethere lipsrsealed
Anyway man witness the birth of his child, will 4forever appreciate his wife
the bond between them will grow stronger
I saw my cousin gave birth couples of mouth ago, geez i will never 4get d look on her face durind d process,
d sweetest pain a woman can ever enjoy, especially if it's a natural birth kiss
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2009
ummmmmm
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by mamagee3(f): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
na2day?:

why? what if we dont want to, is it by force?

Was it by force when you impregnanted her? undecided
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^ Lol
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by tmubee(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
The labour room is a place for serious business. What would I be doing there?
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by ceasyc(f): 12:02am On Jan 31, 2010
@topic
MOST DEF!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by tmubee(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Sorry folks that I'm on this forum again to debunk century 21 foolishness. My take: I've no business in the labour room. Anyone who wants to qualify it with one noble term has another think coming.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
It is a personal choice, but kinda more fun to be there
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nwaka77: 4:19am On Feb 02, 2010
@Poster
If they know how to knock a woman up, then they should be there to give her that emotional support. It is only in Nigeria and many parts of Africa that men are not allowed into the labor room. If I was mistakenly married to someone from there, that will be the first and last child he will get from me. He can have his mother give birth to the rest of his seeds!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Nwaka77:

@Poster
If they know how to knock a woman up, then they should be there to give her that emotional support. It is only in Nigeria and many parts of Africa that men are not allowed into the labor room. If I was mistakenly married to someone from there, that will be the first and last child he will get from me. He can have his mother give birth to the rest of his seeds!

U mean they are not allowed into the Labor room, or that the men dont wanna be there?
i am asking cos i am not sure how it is, i wont expect them to stop the man from being there if he chose to
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by agabaI23(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
^^ They will tell you that other women are inside there and therefore men are not allowed!
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
agabaI23:

^^ They will tell you that other women are inside there and there for men are not allowed!

Wait a minute, you mean when the woman is delivery a baby, she is not in one room herself to deliver the child?
You mean it is a jungle of women delivering at same time all together, and how would they know who to attend to and how would they not be able to switch babies?

1 Like

Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by agabaI23(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
The labour ward in a typical Nigerian hospital is like a room but may have upto 5 benches meaning 5 women could be at it per time. This is typical of teaching hospitals that have high patient traffic.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
agabaI23:

The labour ward in a typical Nigerian hospital is like a room but may have upto 5 benches meaning 5 women could be at it per time. This is typical of teaching hospitals that have high patient traffic.

That is so wrong and needs to change.
So where is privacy?
i will have to ask my Mooma how it was when i was born, cos that means too many people saw me crying and my little willy too.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by tmubee(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
I think I might laugh with some of the comments here. And please stop making Nigerian wards seem like Nazi camps. Women abroad don't give birth alone. Stop watching all these fake things on TV. Some women talk as if when they were having sex it was only the man who was having the fun. I heard that a man with a pregnant wife will have his patience tested to the limit. Having said that I see some women talking as if it is a rule or mandatory for a man to follow them into the labour room because they watch it on TV or hear about it from abroad. Ok, we should all also start marrying same sexes as ourselves since it's rampant 'away'. Anyway, there's nothing to worry me about that. If she thinks she must copy 'oyibo' and involve me in that labour room because I did it to her she should think twice. I no dey craze. No marry me again becos you no see me for inside dia.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by FBS: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Topic.
Yes and why not? cheesy
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
tmubee:

I think I might laugh with some of the comments here. And please stop making Nigerian wards seem like Nazi camps. Women abroad don't give birth alone. Stop watching all these fake things on TV. Some women talk as if when they were having intimacy it was only the man who was having the fun. I heard that a man with a pregnant wife will have his patience tested to the limit. Having said that I see some women talking as if it is a rule or mandatory for a man to follow them into the labour room because they watch it on TV or hear about it from abroad. Ok, we should all also start marrying same sexes as ourselves since it's rampant 'away'. Anyway, there's nothing to worry me about that. If she thinks she must copy 'oyibo' and involve me in that labour room because I did it to her she should think twice. I no dey craze. No marry me again becos you no see me for inside dia.

I have couple of questions for you:
1. Are men allowed into the Labour rooms
2. How does the ward looks like?
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by chakula: 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
Why? Are they not the one's were caused the issue.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by mabell: 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
it's not a bad idea, but if he's not in town, no quams
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Dimka76(m): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nwaka77:

@Poster

Tens of thouands galloping horses would not drag me there! I would be in a beer parlour shacking my big stout. Her mother will be in there with her.
If I go in there that will be the end of My libido ever!
I noticed the only time its right for a woman to insult another woman is when it a man's mother.
What brought mother into this biz now?
When you were eating the forbidden apple did we not warn you?
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Pogistega(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
Only, if the wife demands it.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by selencious(f): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
It depends!!if the wife wants him to be there, he should. I would love mi husband to be there smiley .
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Wumine(f): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2010
tmubee:

The labour room is a place for serious business. What would I be doing there?

What 'should' you not be doing there? angry angry angry You should be involved in the serious business, afterall you were involved in the serious business of getting her pregnant wink! Shebi na your pikin!!!

Infact it should be made compulsory by LAW. Afterwards, Husbands will learn to appreciate and respect their wives and women in general more.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Sissy3(f): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2010
Wumine:

Infact it should be made compulsory by LAW.

1) no. it should be a personal choice. remember not everyone can stand the site of blood and childbirth isnt really a "pretty" site
2) not all women is and would comfortable with their husbands in the room regardless of what you might believe (a) their husbands might add to the unneeded distraction and distress (b) the woman might want personal privacy (no matter how ridiculous the word privacy here might sound)

Wumine:

Afterwards, Husbands will learn to appreciate and respect their wives and women in general more.

idealistically, that is how it should be. i mean, staying how the many hours and days in labour, using your last strength, enduring 1-3degree tear, screaming the name of your lost ancestors, learning a new language on the spot and/or speaking latin and just to finally push that little cone-headed mini you out through that tiny carnal should do it as regardless to respecting, appreciating,little to no beating etc of the wife.

however, realistically if that was the case, we would have little domestic violent and more of those 'good' things you described but  . . . . . . . .
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 16, 2010
@ topic query: Yes, men should be allowed into the labour room.

I was with my wife when our daughter was born, wouldn't have had it any other way. It makes you appreciate your wife more, when you see what she goes through to give you beautiful children.
Re: Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? by MrsSiena1(f): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2010
Yes husbands should be allowed into the labour room.

When the doctors told me and my husband that he cant enter into the theatre with me, I was like oh no I dont know you guys its only my husband I know so he must enter no matter what and he did. He gave me all the support I needed, he held my hand all thru and he was the first to hold our daughter which he brought straight to me.

I thought the sight of blood will get to him but it didnt he saw all the cuttings and all that. Brave man my husband.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!! / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.