Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. (29131 Views)

President Jonathan To Expose Obasanjo's Personal Demands - Guardian Newspaper / Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Dr (Mrs) Farida Waziri,OFR has reminded former President Olusegun Obasanjo that ability to be used to witch hunt political enemies in the rabid pursuit of a third term agenda has never been part of the qualifications for appointment as chairman of the anti-graft agency.

Waziri stated this while reacting to publications on allegations made against her by the former president. Obasanjo had been quoted as saying that Waziri was not qualified to head the EFCC when she was appointed chairman of the Commission.

According to the statement personally signed by Waziri “My attention has been drawn to a number of allegations made against me by Mr Obasanjo. One of such was the alleged involvement of former Delta state governor, James Ibori in my appointment. While I hold the office of a Head of state, either serving or retired in the highest esteem, I will like to put on record for the umpteenth time that this is totally unfounded, blantant lie and arrant falsehood. It is therefore worrisome when a man who has been twice a Nigerian head of state can descend so low to peddle falsehood. The truth is that I never met Ibori in my life until after months in office as chairman of the EFCC when I used to see him in the presidential villa.

It is on record today that I initiated the investigation that drove Ibori into the waiting hands of Interpol and Metpolice. As such, it is illogical and nonsensical for anyone to continue to insinuate that Ibori has a hand in my appointment. I remember this was one of the lies Obasanjo’s sit-tight pawns cooked to stop my appointment as EFCC chairman in 2008.

“On the issue of qualifications raised by Obasanjo, the qualification for appointment as chairman of the Commission as stipulated in its Establishment Act says that the chairman shall ‘be a serving or retired member of any government security or law enforcement agency not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police or equivalent; and possess not less than 15 years cognate experience’. Late President Yar’adua did not have to alter the Establishment Act when he was appointing me unlike what Obasanjo did.

“Again for the records, I served in the Nigeria Police force for 35 years and got to the pinnacle of my career before my appointment as EFCC chairman. If Obasanjo’s real age has not blurred his memory, I will like to remind him that I was a Commissioner of Police, Admin Force CID, CP General Investigations, CP Anti-fraud, CP X squad, CP Police Special Fraud Unit where I secured the first conviction in a case of Advance Fee Fraud in Nigerian history. These are all prime investigative organs of the Nigeria Police where I related with other law enforcement agencies including the FBI across the world. I must place on record that at SFU, I did not only relate with FBI, Interpol and Metpolice among others , we carried out joint operations at different times on a number of cases. I have also led the Nigerian delegation to the Interpol headquarters in France.

“To further expose the height of mischief in the allegations, the past and present chairmen of the EFCC have both worked under me, yet someone can open his mouth to say I am not qualified to head the same agency. This is in addition to my educational qualifications such as a first degree in Law, a Master degree in Law and another Master degree in Strategic studies. I doubt if Obasanjo himself can boast of this level of educational qualifications.

“I will also like to remind Obasanjo that no chairman of the EFCC has till date beaten my records in terms of investigation of high profile cases, prosecution, conviction and recovery.

“I will like to warn that those who live in glass house don’t throw stones and as such Obasanjo should not allow me open up on him. Respectable elder statesmen act and speak with decorum”

http://247ureports.com/watch-your-mouth-respect-your-age-waziri-replies-obasanjo/

45 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by onyeego(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Interesting
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by rappaton: 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yeye dey smell, this same she goat that did'nt prosecute ordinary fly during her regime abeg shove shovel into that your buccal cavity joor.

20 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Evyuc(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Papa make u stay clear from dis woman b4 she blow ur nyashi open.

10 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by wbankz(m): 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Who cares? Awon were..mtcheeew....***continues wacking...hugh hugh::::.:.!!!hugh..chai i no even fit last 5min again...nawa oo ..hmmmm
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
She should just go ahead and expose him jare! If you shield Obasanjo's crimes how are we sure you didn't do the same for Ibori and other powerful thieves? Otherwise STFU.

35 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by jaiykem: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Why them dey run their mouth. Oya yawa don ghas! Obj come talk ur own. Waziri go expose uuu!

4 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Akpaife(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
SNOWWHITE240: first to comment expose thier yanch
Childish act

Try again later

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Threat still dey work for 9ja?

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good response. That man is getting out of hand.

9 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Na today

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by SMIG(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
space reserved for future use

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
Beautiful, well-crafted response from Farida. I love how she expertly took this shameless old hypocrite called Obasanjo to the cleaners. It doesn't get better than this.

Not only did she make clear and verifiable claims about her qualification for the office of EFCC chairman and the nature of her relationship (or the lack thereof) with Ibori, she also made bold and verifiable claims about her performance in office - in terms of prosecutions and convictions. Indeed, it has to be noted that prosecutions and convictions are the ONLY objective yardstick for measuring performance in such office, not the sort of meaningless noise and empty hullabaloo that characterised Ribadu's tenure.

Is it that difficult to count the number of high profile prosecutions and convictions recorded by the EFCC during Farida's tenure and compare that with her predecessor and successor? Why is the Nigerian 'brown envelope' media too lazy to do this? All we get is this wishy-washy, follow-follow bandwagon approach to issues. It is really pathetic.

24 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by mgbeketoto: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
About time too! grin
Doing my 'AMARACHI DANCE'! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCqOgnzXxVM

Jonathan don 'PRESS WAN BUTTON'! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by DankemzI(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Why Expose him now?? Because he dainted ya image?? If you dont expose him(big-time) Allah/God will flog you koboko

10 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by magaliyu(f): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
When 2 elephants fight in a grass-less land,
Na there yansh go suffer.

14 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Maxymilliano(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
Olusegun Obasanjo is perhaps the most dangerous Nigerian of all time. As a crook, he's equal to Babangida, Abacha--and the rest of them in that league. What makes him worse, I think, is his great appetite for hypocrisy.

He's a crook who calls fellow crooks crook! OBJ tried to bribe his way to a third term (squandering hundreds of billions of naira in the scheme), but now asserts he never wanted it. He deceives himself with the deception that he was thoroughly investigated by the EFCC, and declared "clean."

He imposed Umaru Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan on the PDP (telling Nigerians they were the only two men capable of sustaining his legacy as "founder of modern Nigeria") and then rigged them into office--and he turned around to declare them incompetent ... Okey Ndibe

30 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by SHAIBULIAR: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
Madam talk or forever stfu

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by kokoA(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mama, you don't wana play dirty with the old man.. Be warned. Just chill and leave am for God you hear?

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by deeptesting(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
I just can`t imagine how these people sleep comfortably with all this dirty things about them....I love the way she referred to him as Mr. Obasanjo. Well, Mr. Obasanjo has already done the damage to your character it is all over the media home and abroad...Kindly, open up on him and let the world know who he is because we now know who you are in spite of your defense, which is more or less "medicine after death".

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Built2last: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Madam abeg put 2 kpomo, one round about and cow leg. Bring bottle of ginger ale as you dey come...
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by tomakint: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
This man called Obasanjo is indeed a pathetic fellow! Adiye funfun ti ko mo ra re lagba undecided

3 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by switdil(f): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2013
undecided
D only thing wey I know be sey she no FIT
Obasanjo
Na dat tym she go know sey she get past

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Kingspin(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2013
We need a Nigeria Snowden.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 12, 2013
Baba talks too much,seems old age is catching up with him to yarn dust about other people.......he believes he is untouchable,if mortals cant touch,divinity will surely does.

4 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 12, 2013
Swing, bish! OBJ already gave u a uppercut, suplex and vicious body slam and ure still threatening to retaliate. If you got something incriminating against OBJ drop it for us all to see or eternally keep ur mouth shut.

4 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by DaLover(m): 2:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Dr (Mrs) Farida Waziri,OFR has reminded former President Olusegun Obasanjo that ability to be used to witch hunt political enemies in the rabid pursuit of a third term agenda has never been part of the qualifications for appointment as chairman of the anti-graft agency.

Waziri stated this while reacting to publications on allegations made against her by the former president. Obasanjo had been quoted as saying that Waziri was not qualified to head the EFCC when she was appointed chairman of the Commission.

According to the statement personally signed by Waziri “My attention has been drawn to a number of allegations made against me by Mr Obasanjo. One of such was the alleged involvement of former Delta state governor, James Ibori in my appointment. While I hold the office of a Head of state, either serving or retired in the highest esteem, I will like to put on record for the umpteenth time that this is totally unfounded, blantant lie and arrant falsehood. It is therefore worrisome when a man who has been twice a Nigerian head of state can descend so low to peddle falsehood. The truth is that I never met Ibori in my life until after months in office as chairman of the EFCC when I used to see him in the presidential villa.

It is on record today that I initiated the investigation that drove Ibori into the waiting hands of Interpol and Metpolice. As such, it is illogical and nonsensical for anyone to continue to insinuate that Ibori has a hand in my appointment. I remember this was one of the lies Obasanjo’s sit-tight pawns cooked to stop my appointment as EFCC chairman in 2008.

“On the issue of qualifications raised by Obasanjo, the qualification for appointment as chairman of the Commission as stipulated in its Establishment Act says that the chairman shall ‘be a serving or retired member of any government security or law enforcement agency not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police or equivalent; and possess not less than 15 years cognate experience’. Late President Yar’adua did not have to alter the Establishment Act when he was appointing me unlike what Obasanjo did.

“Again for the records, I served in the Nigeria Police force for 35 years and got to the pinnacle of my career before my appointment as EFCC chairman. If Obasanjo’s real age has not blurred his memory, I will like to remind him that I was a Commissioner of Police, Admin Force CID, CP General Investigations, CP Anti-fraud, CP X squad, CP Police Special Fraud Unit where I secured the first conviction in a case of Advance Fee Fraud in Nigerian history. These are all prime investigative organs of the Nigeria Police where I related with other law enforcement agencies including the FBI across the world. I must place on record that at SFU, I did not only relate with FBI, Interpol and Metpolice among others , we carried out joint operations at different times on a number of cases. I have also led the Nigerian delegation to the Interpol headquarters in France.

“To further expose the height of mischief in the allegations, the past and present chairmen of the EFCC have both worked under me, yet someone can open his mouth to say I am not qualified to head the same agency. This is in addition to my educational qualifications such as a first degree in Law, a Master degree in Law and another Master degree in Strategic studies. I doubt if Obasanjo himself can boast of this level of educational qualifications.

“I will also like to remind Obasanjo that no chairman of the EFCC has till date beaten my records in terms of investigation of high profile cases, prosecution, conviction and recovery.

“I will like to warn that those who live in glass house don’t throw stones and as such Obasanjo should not allow me open up on him. Respectable elder statesmen act and speak with decorum”

http://247ureports.com/watch-your-mouth-respect-your-age-waziri-replies-obasanjo/
@bold, this one got me laughing, what's she trying to say about OBJs age..lol

3 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by fyneguy: 4:15am On Sep 12, 2013
DaLover:
@bold, this one got me laughing, what's she trying to say about OBJs age..lol

She purposely said it to let Obj know that she's aware he falsified his age. Obj is purportedly older than Wole Soyinka but he declared himself younger.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by bloggernaija: 4:23am On Sep 12, 2013
Gangster's paradise
Her record and history says it all.
No need to make noises.
She single handedly reduced EFCC to a politician's lapdog.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by mruknaijaboy(m): 4:37am On Sep 12, 2013
authorid k=Aigbofa]She should just go ahead and expose him jare! If you shield Obasanjo's crimes how are we sure you didn't do the same for Ibori and other powerful thieves? Otherwise STFU.

GBAM! What your saying is very correct

The next major step which needs to be made in naija to curb corruption is that all members of government salaries and expenses should be made public like here in the UK so we can see which governors are f*cking up

We should create a petition for this and im sure there is no Nigerian citizen who will not co-sign unless they are a corrupt thief themself

governors, senators, vice president and the president himself are civil servants to the citizens of Nigeria so it is our right to know this information

I just created a thread for nigerian government to declare revenue and expenditure public plus members of nigerian government to declare salaries, funds and expenditures public also

Lets take action

https://www.nairaland.com/1436028/petiton-members-nigerian-government-make

3 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Drhenrysaint(m): 4:49am On Sep 12, 2013
If u think ds woman has nothing to expose, jux click LIKE !!!

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze / Soludo: Many Drug Barons Now Use Politics As Alternative / Ribadu-i Rejected Apc's Pressure To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.