Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. (29143 Views)

President Jonathan To Expose Obasanjo's Personal Demands - Guardian Newspaper / Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by nickxtra(m): 10:24am On Sep 12, 2013
Author=legalcode]OBJ always running his dirty ugly mouth just like his younger brother Fani kayode....does it actually run in the blotribe??
/quote]You must be insane for running your mouth like that on an old man. You and your generations to come will never be in the class that Obasanjo has attained in life. You must be from a background that don't have aged people. You know what I meant. Respect old age and emulate how they were able to achieve fame instead insulting the aged. M*mu
legalcode: OBJ always running his dirty ugly mouth just like his younger brother Fani kayode....does it actually run in the blotribe??
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=mgbeketoto]About time too! grin
Doing my 'AMARACHI DANCE'! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCqOgnzXxVM

the video is making sense
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by naijathings(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2013
i trippppple dare her to talk. imagine.. so she even has the guts to come out and let us know she was being selective about whose secrets she would expose... why threaten? useless old people.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Tytguy: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2013
so how this threats wan take help Omawunmi find the real father of her daughter?
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by naijathings(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2013
nickxtra: Author=legalcode]OBJ always running his dirty ugly mouth just like his younger brother Fani kayode....does it actually run in the blotribe??
/quote]You must be insane for running your mouth like that on an old man. You and your generations to come will never be in the class that Obasanjo has attained in life. You must be from a background that don't have aged people. You know what I meant. Respect old age and emulate how they were able to achieve fame instead insulting the aged. M*mu
you are not well..
obasanjo can be 1000 years old.. who gives a furk about his age?
he is a thief.
God punish you and obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by penny01502: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2013
Madam waziri said that BaBa Iyabo is an illitrate, i agree with her
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Dr (Mrs) Farida Waziri,OFR has reminded former President Olusegun Obasanjo that ability to be used to witch hunt political enemies in the rabid pursuit of a third term agenda has never been part of the qualifications for appointment as chairman of the anti-graft agency.

Waziri stated this while reacting to publications on allegations made against her by the former president. Obasanjo had been quoted as saying that Waziri was not qualified to head the EFCC when she was appointed chairman of the Commission.

According to the statement personally signed by Waziri “My attention has been drawn to a number of allegations made against me by Mr Obasanjo. One of such was the alleged involvement of former Delta state governor, James Ibori in my appointment. While I hold the office of a Head of state, either serving or retired in the highest esteem, I will like to put on record for the umpteenth time that this is totally unfounded, blantant lie and arrant falsehood. It is therefore worrisome when a man who has been twice a Nigerian head of state can descend so low to peddle falsehood. The truth is that I never met Ibori in my life until after months in office as chairman of the EFCC when I used to see him in the presidential villa.

It is on record today that I initiated the investigation that drove Ibori into the waiting hands of Interpol and Metpolice. As such, it is illogical and nonsensical for anyone to continue to insinuate that Ibori has a hand in my appointment. I remember this was one of the lies Obasanjo’s sit-tight pawns cooked to stop my appointment as EFCC chairman in 2008.

“On the issue of qualifications raised by Obasanjo, the qualification for appointment as chairman of the Commission as stipulated in its Establishment Act says that the chairman shall ‘be a serving or retired member of any government security or law enforcement agency not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police or equivalent; and possess not less than 15 years cognate experience’. Late President Yar’adua did not have to alter the Establishment Act when he was appointing me unlike what Obasanjo did.

“Again for the records, I served in the Nigeria Police force for 35 years and got to the pinnacle of my career before my appointment as EFCC chairman. If Obasanjo’s real age has not blurred his memory, I will like to remind him that I was a Commissioner of Police, Admin Force CID, CP General Investigations, CP Anti-fraud, CP X squad, CP Police Special Fraud Unit where I secured the first conviction in a case of Advance Fee Fraud in Nigerian history. These are all prime investigative organs of the Nigeria Police where I related with other law enforcement agencies including the FBI across the world. I must place on record that at SFU, I did not only relate with FBI, Interpol and Metpolice among others , we carried out joint operations at different times on a number of cases. I have also led the Nigerian delegation to the Interpol headquarters in France.

“To further expose the height of mischief in the allegations, the past and present chairmen of the EFCC have both worked under me, yet someone can open his mouth to say I am not qualified to head the same agency. This is in addition to my educational qualifications such as a first degree in Law, a Master degree in Law and another Master degree in Strategic studies. I doubt if Obasanjo himself can boast of this level of educational qualifications.

“I will also like to remind Obasanjo that no chairman of the EFCC has till date beaten my records in terms of investigation of high profile cases, prosecution, conviction and recovery.

“I will like to warn that those who live in glass house don’t throw stones and as such Obasanjo should not allow me open up on him. Respectable elder statesmen act and speak with decorum”

http://247ureports.com/watch-your-mouth-respect-your-age-waziri-replies-obasanjo/
somone else will expose you
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by vislabraye(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2013
They are not serious. She too is not serious. What does she mean by "he that lives in a glass house bla bla " what's keeping her from exposing him ?
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by PassingShot(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2013
pro01: Beautiful, well-crafted response from Farida. I love how she expertly took this shameless old hypocrite called Obasanjo to the cleaners. It doesn't get better than this.

Not only did she make clear and verifiable claims about her qualification for the office of EFCC chairman and the nature of her relationship (or the lack thereof) with Ibori, she also made bold and verifiable claims about her performance in office - in terms of prosecutions and convictions. Indeed, it has to be noted that prosecutions and convictions are the ONLY objective yardstick for measuring performance in such office, not the sort of meaningless noise and empty hullabaloo that characterised Ribadu's tenure.

Is it that difficult to count the number of high profile prosecutions and convictions recorded by the EFCC during Farida's tenure and compare that with her predecessor and successor? Why is the Nigerian 'brown envelope' media too lazy to do this? All we get is this wishy-washy, follow-follow bandwagon approach to issues. It is really pathetic.

Nailed on the head! Thank you.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by point5: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2013
End tim expostn...
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by danny301: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2013
The woman, Farida Waziri was very articulate and precise in her response to OBJ, yet some people are only insulting her without making points. OBJ said she was not qualify to be in that position but she has been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was/is the most qualified of all EFCC chairmen as she stated her qualification, her experience and track record(s) as police officer and non of us have been able to counter that yet people open their mouths to call her names.... Contrary to OBJ's claim that Ibori brought her in as EFCC Boss the woman said she did know Ibori or meet him anywhere before her appointment and non of us have been able to prove her wrong yet people throw insults at her. She said she spearheaded the first prosecution in the his history of Nigeria as regards advance free fraud (419), and nobody disputed that, yet some people are calling her a liar... She said Efcc under her watch recovered the largest sum of money (loots) in the history of the agencies and non of the persons insulting her has challenged that. According her, it was the pressure she was mounting on Ibori that pursued the man out of the country before running into the hands of UK police and no body spoke about that yet some people said she was a failure as Efcc Boss. This woman prosecuted, Cecilia Ibru, Bode George ( these two were powerful individuals) among others...... With all the 'gra-gra' that took place when Ribadu was Efcc Boss, how many persons did they prosecute successfully?.... Now Larmode has been the chairman for the pass three to four years, can somebody tell us how many ' big guns' Efcc have prosecuted successfully under him?.................... Its very clear that many of us appreciate noise more than we appreciate records and facts............. Emotion and sentiment or hate have no place in intellectual discourse(s), Its on facts that count and that's what Mrs. Farida Waziri has done.... If you have no facts to dispute the points she have made just keep quite.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by lawak: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2013
Obasanjo does not need anybody's consultation to drop his points about anybody or any issue; yet, it baffles me why such people only whine and raise sentiments whenever Obasanjo indicts them. HE is not a saint; i agree, but how come nobody has revealed any serious crime of his. I am beginning to wonder if he is always right...
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2013
BoboYekini: Why don't you give us the figures then? Or are you waiting for me to help you with that?
Yet another lazy clown. Sit on your butt and wait for me to give you figures - even though you have already made up your mind that she performed worse than Ribadu in office without having your facts. I didn't make such a spurious claim, so the onus is not on me to indulge your lazy asses. The woman made CLEAR assertions that more prosecutions and convictions were recorded during her tenure than ever before. Disprove that claim or shut the eff up.

And, for your information, those run-of-the-mill qualifications she reeled out don't mean shyte.

So what means "shyte"? Is it your shameless hero Obasanjo's subjective rantings about the woman that means shyte? Some of you have serious challenges with simple comprehension, The issue at stake is her qualification or otherwise for the EFCC chairmanship. Your brother Obasanjo foolishly and wrongly claimed that she was not "qualified" for the job. In her reaction, she cited the stipulated minimum qualification required for that post, and proceeded to reel out her CV that shows that she is in fact OVER-qualified for the post, contrary to Obasanjo's baseless effusion. Yet you say that does not mean "shyte"? Get your face out of Obasanjo's smelly ass dude.

Fact is, she effectively admits(foolishly too, I might add) to having refrained from prosecuting OBJ, which at the very least amounts to professional negligence and can be extended to mean high treason and sabotage of the nation's war against corruption.

Save your preachments for the likes of Ribadu who failed to prosecute several of Obasanjo's loyalists and only went after his political enemies. Indeed, the same Ribadu openly pronounced - during a Senate hearing for that matter - that Bola Tinubu was a political thief whose corruption had an international dimension. Yet, he never prosecuted Tinubu; instead, he ran under his wings and became his political apostle. Is that not "sabotage of the nation's war against corruption"?

In any case, I'm not sure you know much about the law. Farida's exact words are: "I will like to warn that those who live in glass houses do not throw stones and as such Obasanjo should not allow me open up on him". Is there anything in these words that proves that Farida admits to having refrained from prosecuting Obasanjo? Can you prove what exactly she meant by that statement, and can you intelligently explain to us how that amounts to "high treason"?

Of course, the fact that she must have shielded Ibori and countless other criminals is not even contestable.
Only poorly educated people misuse the word "fact". Worst of all is declaring that your assumption and conjecture which you misrepresent as "fact" is "not even contestable".

I am not interested in defending Farida against allegations of corruption and whatnot. My opinion is that she is probably as corrupt as EVERY other individual that has held public office since 1999 - including Obasanjo himself. However, if you must make specific claims such as that she "shielded" Ibori and countless other criminals", then you should at least provide real FACTS to validate that claim. Otherwise, you shouldn't dictate to us what is contestable and what isn't.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by seyola(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=rappaton]Yeye dey smell, this same she goat that did'nt prosecute ordinary fly during her regime abeg shove shovel into that your buccal cavity joor.[/quoteNa ur mother jail Bode George?Ode osi.Alwayss get ur facts next time.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2013
danny301: [b]The woman, Farida Waziri was very articulate and precise in her response to OBJ, yet some people are only insulting her without making points. OBJ said she was not qualify to be in that position but she has been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was/is the most qualified of all EFCC chairmen as she stated her qualification, her experience and track record(s) as police officer and non of us have been able to counter that yet people open their mouths to call her names.... Contrary to OBJ's claim that Ibori brought her in as EFCC Boss the woman said she did know Ibori or meet him anywhere before her appointment and non of us have been able to prove her wrong yet people throw insults at her. She said she spearheaded the first prosecution in the his history of Nigeria as regards advance free fraud (419), and nobody disputed that, yet some people are calling her a liar... She said Efcc under her watch recovered the largest sum of money (loots) in the history of the agencies and non of the persons insulting her has challenged that. According her, it was the pressure she was mounting on Ibori that pursued the man out of the country before running into the hands of UK police and no body spoke about that yet some people said she was a failure as Efcc Boss.[/b] This woman prosecuted, Cecilia Ibru, Bode George ( these two were powerful individuals) among others...... With all the 'gra-gra' that took place when Ribadu was Efcc Boss, how many persons did they prosecute successfully?.... Now Larmode has been the chairman for the pass three to four years, can somebody tell us how many ' big guns' Efcc have prosecuted successfully under him?.................... Its very clear that many of us appreciate noise more than we appreciate records and facts............. Emotion and sentiment or hate have no place in intellectual discourse(s), Its on facts that count and that's what Mrs. Farida Waziri has done.... If you have no facts to dispute the points she have made just keep quite.

Thank you very much. A lot of Nigerians are very terrible people, to be honest. There is nothing worse than dogma steeped in defiant ignorance. Once they make up their minds and form a baseless opinion - entirely on stereotypes and subjective considerations, nothing in the world can make them see reason. It is extremely ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2013
danny301: Now Larmode has been the chairman for the pass three to four years, can somebody tell us how many ' big guns' Efcc have prosecuted successfully under him?.................... Its very clear that many of us appreciate noise more than we appreciate records and facts............. Emotion and sentiment or hate have no place in intellectual discourse(s), Its on facts that count and that's what Mrs. Farida Waziri has done.... If you have no facts to dispute the points she have made just keep quite.

Sorry I had to quote you again. Thanks a million for this. I owe you a crate of Big Stout.

We're in a very deep mess in this country with the poor quality of minds and even poorer quality of attitudes we have.

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by seyola(m): 11:31am On Sep 12, 2013
u've said it all.D irony of it is dat some people will still call dis self centred Man deir "god"
Maxymilliano: Olusegun Obasanjo is perhaps the most dangerous Nigerian of all time. As a crook, he's equal to Babangida, Abacha--and the rest of them in that league. What makes him worse, I think, is his great appetite for hypocrisy.

He's a crook who calls fellow crooks crook! OBJ tried to bribe his way to a third term (squandering hundreds of billions of naira in the scheme), but now asserts he never wanted it. He deceives himself with the deception that he was thoroughly investigated by the EFCC, and declared "clean."

He imposed Umaru Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan on the PDP (telling Nigerians they were the only two men capable of sustaining his legacy as "founder of modern Nigeria"wink and then rigged them into office--and he turned around to declare them incompetent ... Okey Ndibe
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by teeveawar: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2013
That is a good reaction from Farida. Atiku too need to react so that he will clear his name. Obasanjo should also remember to tell the world that his daughter was also corrupt during her time in the senate when she corruptly enriched herself and later went into hiding. He should also explain to Nigerians what happened to the Billions of naira for the turn around maintenance of the refineries. Has he forgotten how he rigged elections in 2003 & 2007 for his party. Has he forgotten that during his presidency people who did not contest elections were later announced as winners. where did he got the money to resuscitate his farm that became dilapidated during his period of imprisonment. he should remember that both of them are corrupt.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2013
pro01: Yet another lazy clown. Sit on your butt and wait for me to give you figures - even though you have already made up your mind that she performed worse than Ribadu in office without having your facts. I didn't make such a spurious claim, so the onus is not on me to indulge your lazy asses.

Dude, relax. Neither OBJ nor I made any 'spurious' claim per her conviction rates versus Ribadu's. What is spurious about events that were there for all to see? We are not talking about prosecuting yahoo yahoo boys here.
In any case, my main grouse was about her alleged nomination for the job by Ibori and the self-evidence of her complicity - in not prosecuting OBJ.
The man said she was not 'qualified for the job', and in your short-sighted and unimaginative reasoning you think that he refers to formal education? You and Madam Farida pulled 'educational qualifications' and 'conviction rates' outta your conjoined fetid belly. And so, even though it is of no substantive merit to the argument, I would think the onus for figures and verification lies with you.
pro01: Your brother Obasanjo foolishly and wrongly claimed that she was not "qualified" for the job. In her reaction, she cited the stipulated minimum qualification required for that post, and proceeded to reel out her CV that shows that she is in fact OVER-qualified for the post, contrary to Obasanjo's baseless effusion. Yet you say that does not mean "shyte"?

pro01: Is it that difficult to count the number of high profile prosecutions and convictions recorded by the EFCC during Farida's tenure and compare that with her predecessor and successor? Why is the Nigerian 'brown envelope' media too lazy to do this? All we get is this wishy-washy, follow-follow bandwagon approach to issues. It is really pathetic.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by chizel: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2013
Thank you madam waziri,serve it hot to that tout called obasanjo who at his age still speaks and behave like a child of 15yrs,so full of pride and arrogance,he claims to be clean,let him come out and tell us how the 25000 naira that was all he had when he came out of prison in 1998 suddenly turn into trillions.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by texaco1: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2013
desertherald./2011/12/01/farida-waziris-waterloo/

abujathievescrooksandliarsnetwork..com/2009/08/again-he-got-away-efcc-aondoakaa.html?m=1

She is the worst efcc chairman we have ever had in nigeria

www.nairaland.com/566006/efcc-waziri-attempted-assist-ibori

mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/fresh-evidence-shows-efcc-chair-farida-waziri-knew-iboris-ownership-wings-aviation-ltd-sen

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nigerian-civil-right-movement/waziri-signed-letters-that-exonerated-accused-politicians/138806699531063
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Conceptz(m): 11:52am On Sep 12, 2013
hmmmn, na wa ooo, dis woman just dey blab. We all knew Ribadu is far better, who cares if he is ur junior
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Blessfausty: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2013
Big People wahala
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by texaco1: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
Whether baba is stvpid or not ,waziri attitude and actions during ibori case proves beyond reasonable doubt that she has dealings with ibori.kaput
www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/ibori-northern-group-calls-for-waziris-resignation/

thestreetjournal.org/2011/06/the-rot-in-efcc-why-faridah-waziri-cannot-prosecute-the-war-against-corruption/
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Lamasta(m): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
There in nothing new to expose about OBJ cos even an unborn child knows who he is its you Waziri that needs to STFU cos OBJ will place you in the league of ATIKU and CO......
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by ono(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
texaco1: desertherald./2011/12/01/farida-waziris-waterloo/

abujathievescrooksandliarsnetwork..com/2009/08/again-he-got-away-efcc-aondoakaa.html?m=1

She is the worst efcc chairman we have ever had in nigeria

www.nairaland.com/566006/efcc-waziri-attempted-assist-ibori

mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/fresh-evidence-shows-efcc-chair-farida-waziri-knew-iboris-ownership-wings-aviation-ltd-sen

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nigerian-civil-right-movement/waziri-signed-letters-that-exonerated-accused-politicians/138806699531063

You quote a nairaland thread, a facebook link and some Nigerian 'herald' newspaper link ( for all of us to take as FACT)??. You need to take a chill pill bro.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by ono(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
texaco1: Whether baba is stvpid or not , waziri attitude and actions during ibori case proves beyond reasonable doubt that she has dealings with ibori.kaput
www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/ibori-northern-group-calls-for-waziris-resignation/

thestreetjournal.org/2011/06/the-rot-in-efcc-why-faridah-waziri-cannot-prosecute-the-war-against-corruption/

How will Nigeria make progress against corruption and corrupt people with statements like this? You sound like one who benefits from the present rot in the country. The Vanguard link you posted is not even available. What do you stand to benefit from peddling falsehood??
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by texaco1: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
ono:

You quote a nairaland thread, a facebook link and some Nigerian 'herald' newspaper link (all of us to take as FACT). You need to take a chill pill bro.
Read all the links properly you will see attached documents there.
The point is this woman is just as dirty as the politicians .
Baba maybe 100 yrs old but he still sense and he says it the way he sees it .this woman is the one that is hidding secrets .if she has anything on obj why can't she just show it
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by texaco1: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
ono:

How will Nigeria make progress against corruption and corrupt people with statements like this? You sound like one who benefits from the present rot in the country. The Vanguard link you posted is not even available. What do you stand to benefit from peddling falsehood??
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by ono(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
The issue here was whether Waziri qualified for the role of EFCC chair or not. She has now reeled out her qualification details and experience on the job. That's what baba OBJ questioned in the first place.

Her performance on the job is different kettle of fish entirely. If you want to discuss that one, then get ready to discuss all of Baba OBJ's dirty and evil deeds in government too. Are you ready for that?
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
And baba no send u o ha.Don't start fight wen u no go win.
Re: Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. by tucee31: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
They are all the same. When everythg is going well with u ppl, u won't talk. Just a little scuffle and there u go ranting...
Let us be please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Early Morning Rain Threatening LG Election In Lagos, As Flood Takes Over (VIDEO) / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / Okonjo-Iweala's Brother, Ifechukwude Aninshi Escapes Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.