Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" (24802 Views)

Stowaway Daniel Ohikhena, Resumes School With Security Men / Group Offers Stowaway Teenager A Scholarship / DSS Questions Mother Of Stowaway Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by pembisco(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2013
truth4meal: Reading comments on this forum sometimes makes me wonder if some pple's brain is on holiday. A boy hid in an airplane unnoticed by airport security - a security breach and u all taking with a pinch of salt because the boy is small. Aside the much publicised wanting to travel abroad can't u all take time to ask what if there is any other motive? If that boy can breach airport security don't u think BH will flawlessly do? Juvenile or not security operatives still nid to find out if thr re accomplice and if such pple pose an easy walkway for terrorist. And to some of u questioning the gov for awarding the boy a boarding school scholarship - the reason given by the gov is true. If its in a more organised country that woman will forfeit custody of that boy...don't just comment cos u can type, do it cos u have a brain
over sabi de worry you, loosen up abeg!
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2013
pembisco:
over sabi de worry you, loosen up abeg!
haha you funy die. abeg leave the oversabi make e go sleep
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Sparkle777(f): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2013
truth4meal: Reading comments on this forum sometimes makes me wonder if some pple's brain is on holiday. A boy hid in an airplane unnoticed by airport security - a security breach and u all taking with a pinch of salt because the boy is small. Aside the much publicised wanting to travel abroad can't u all take time to ask what if there is any other motive? If that boy can breach airport security don't u think BH will flawlessly do? Juvenile or not security operatives still nid to find out if thr re accomplice and if such pple pose an easy walkway for terrorist. And to some of u questioning the gov for awarding the boy a boarding school scholarship - the reason given by the gov is true. If its in a more organised country that woman will forfeit custody of that boy...don't just comment cos u can type, do it cos u have a brain
Excellent tots. Boko Haram might even be looking for him for more insights as to how to sneak in and blow up planes.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by olasco123: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2013
I am really happy that Nigerian leaders are begining to take a second look at issues before judging. i salute the caurage of everyone involved in taking the decision both to give him scholaship and to take him to boarding. thats almost exactly similar to what will happen if it was in a more advance country. for those who think the kid should just be allowed to go back to the mother 100%. I bet u, if u have a 13 year old son you will know Oshiomole may be right on his supposition about his parent. Mark it today whether you like it or not the boys life has changed for ever.

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2013
Daniel Oikhena, the boy that stowed away
Benin-Lagos Arik plane flanked by Governor
Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State and Mr
George Uriesi, MD/CEO Federal Airports
Authority of Nigeria during a courtesy visit of
FAAN management staff to the Governor in
Benin City

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Rexphobia(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2013
fresh_dude: Where do they make you people? Sometimes I wonder if it is the same Nigeria that I live in. Tomorrow now, you'll run for public office. I mean, it's scary the way Nigerians reason.
If they don't judge the parents on this one issue, is it when the boy takes up arms that they'll be condemned? That boy is a major deviant. How many people in your lifetime have you heard (and this includes gossip and rumours) that even jokingly alluded to attempting such daredevilry? I..I..I mean..how do you guys reason?

My premises are as follow;

You know about,

1. first time offender
2. Juvenile delinquency
3. Zero support system
4. Trend, potential and capacity.

It is more about the children and less about the parents.

Imagine my 12 years old nephew decides to play superman I seeing one too many cartoons. Jumps from the the third floor balcony and discovers that it arms ain't wings in a hard way.

We should all conclude that my parents are doing a poor job and yank the kid away from us?

I don't think the mum has shown times without number that she can 'manage' the kid. The kid was just trying to live his dreams.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Humphreydis(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2013
Confusionist: U av been eating good food in Lagos o!
If u like, wen u grow a bit older, join Nairaland, join the bigots and start abusing Lagos and callin us parasites! Na same same!

Na that our pepper wey u eat for lagos go judge una grin grin
.......I will advice u to always take ur to read through d post before u b in a hurry to drop ur silly comment....d post reads* still held under security watch in Government house,Edo state*....i no cm knw wen Edo state com becom lagos ni.....na ur type dey fail comprehension passage for sch...fanatic!
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by vowiski(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2013
Where is that irresponsible NGO screaming they wanted to give the boy scholarship to study abroad.

Thugs...

They are people on the streets, they didn't see them but want cheap attention to glorify irresponsibility.

The boy doesn't deserve anything.. a thug is a thug. just like a Lizard in Nigeria is a Lizard in the US.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Awoofawo(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Pasidon: so person dey get scholarship these days by just hiding in an aircraft wheel..... Lagos here i come

Iz alrit! plenty koboko soaked in pepper will do welcom party for you when you land, dat iz if plane tyre ddn't crush first...
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by segzyj(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2013
luvola: source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html

Ricky Daniel Ohikhena the stowaway teenager, who, on 24th of August, this year hid in a wheel well of an Arik Air craft from Benin to Lagos, has said he did was not aware that he took a risk when he did that, promising not to do it again.

“I regret it. I want to go home, I am tired.” On his dream, the boy said: “I will be happy to train as an engineer.”

The young Ohikhena, had since his return from Lagos two weeks ago, been held up in a building in the company of security personnel in the Government House, Benin City.

Speaking to journalists, the apparently home-sick boy requested that he should be allowed to go home with his mother to enable him resume school.

Master Ohikhena said he was happy with the award of scholarship to him by De Rauf Foundation and Edo state Government.

He said he was terrified when he was arrested on arrival in Lagos from Benin, adding that he was not maltreated but given good food where he was kept.

He told journalists that he was questioned in Lagos and in Benin, revealing that he returned to Benin by road with three armed security men.
He said that on the return trip to Benin and even at his present location, he was being treated well with “good food,” but that since school has resumed, he would want to go home.

Meanwhile, Master Ohikhena has secured admission in one of the state’s top secondary schools for 13-year-old Daniel Ohikhena by the Edo state Government.

The State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole made this disclosure during the visit of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Managing Director Mr George Uriesi and other FAAN Management team to him at the Government House, Benin City, yesterday.

According to the Governor, “without meaning to encourage anyone else, we decided to support him by sending him to one of the top secondary schools in Edo State that is owned by the Government. The reason for opting for a boarding school is that we think that there is need to closely watch him which his parents could not do.

“He is an intelligent young man with uncommon challenges, but one that has a vision. We had him examined by people who should know and the result confirmed that he is normal.

“This incident was probably the kind of trigger that we needed to improve the facilities at our Airports. You are never going to have all the money you need to do all you have to do. You should start from somewhere,” he noted.

Oshiomhole added: “It is also a security issue that we do not have any runway security lights at the Benin Airport.”

http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html

Ooops... This boy sef don dey turn Celeb be dat oooo...... Make me sef go hide my sef inside GEJ Cap may be I go collect scholarship.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by crackhaus: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2013
alexarelano:
End time thinz abi? cheesy cheesy grin Mukina2 is waitin 4 U.... grin
Yes o, you know what time it is grin
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by eluquenson(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2013

Article numbe 1
Gbam! grin
That should be directed to Pinky and the Brain. tongue
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by michelism(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2013
Ask Mr. Adams the location of his children at the point of this press release and he'll be left with something like, ''em,em,em,em''.Parents can only do their part and the rest hangs on children.The boy left the house in the night.So as a parent Mr Gov. doesn't sleep at night but sits close to his children as 'watchdog'?Don't blame his parent please.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by DankemzI(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Nicepoker: ur OS is running on window 95. So slow.
Actually ma O.S is Droid 4.2, imagine the speed lyke the Arik storawayplanes... lol
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Sike(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2013
Tolexander: This is the problem about nigeria.

A boy stayed hidden in a plane tyre for minutes and was docked.

It is very obvious this guy will be good in airforce or as an air detective and should be trained in those lines
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by mrendowed2: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2013
If u like, wen u grow a bit older, join Nairaland, join the bigots and start abusing Lagos and callin us parasites! Na same same!

lame
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by pbling: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2013
God bles in a diff way,
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by yuncka: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmmn, nawa o. See as dis pikin turn celebrity say con say em enta aeroplane wheel. Ok o.
Me go soon enta submarine wheel. I juz hope I survive; I will miss Nairaland.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by tayork(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2013
If they could give the boy scholarship cus he hide under the tire of a plane then me go do ​​​​mƴ own oo lol
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Muscomide: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2013
As for me, I would like him to write a book chronicling his experience. It is bound to be a bestseller.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2013
I want those in charge of this issue to considered sending the boy to America on a serious note the boy bit that record and that will remain in his memory for life ' they shouldn't release him yet ' let treat this issue exact way any other country will do ' we never can tell what tomorrow may become of him so pls ' is not about given him scholarship and sending him to school ' send him to America! He deserve it!
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by IGBOSON1: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2013
Saw the kid on TV yesterday and didn't even recognize him.....he was grinning, looked fresher, happier and had even added weight! shocked

I'm happy for him, and hope he takes the opportunity his brazenness has afforded him to make something of his life!
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2013

if not for us from the north feeding you with our foods and the south oil attracting foreigners to lagos and the igbos investing heavily allover the world and lagos especially yorubas will only feed on garri ijebu and okin biscuit. What does yorubas bring to the table if not breeding touts.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Odunharry(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Pasidon: so person dey get scholarship these days by just hiding in an aircraft wheel..... Lagos here i come

dm go gv u scholarship 4 army cantonment insyd guard room
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by arimieye: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
luvola: source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html

Ricky Daniel Ohikhena the stowaway teenager, who, on 24th of August, this year hid in a wheel well of an Arik Air craft from Benin to Lagos, has said he did was not aware that he took a risk when he did that, promising not to do it again.

“I regret it. I want to go home, I am tired.” On his dream, the boy said: “I will be happy to train as an engineer.”

The young Ohikhena, had since his return from Lagos two weeks ago, been held up in a building in the company of security personnel in the Government House, Benin City.

Speaking to journalists, the apparently home-sick boy requested that he should be allowed to go home with his mother to enable him resume school.

Master Ohikhena said he was happy with the award of scholarship to him by De Rauf Foundation and Edo state Government.

He said he was terrified when he was arrested on arrival in Lagos from Benin, adding that he was not maltreated but given good food where he was kept.

He told journalists that he was questioned in Lagos and in Benin, revealing that he returned to Benin by road with three armed security men.
He said that on the return trip to Benin and even at his present location, he was being treated well with “good food,” but that since school has resumed, he would want to go home.

Meanwhile, Master Ohikhena has secured admission in one of the state’s top secondary schools for 13-year-old Daniel Ohikhena by the Edo state Government.

The State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole made this disclosure during the visit of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Managing Director Mr George Uriesi and other FAAN Management team to him at the Government House, Benin City, yesterday.

According to the Governor, “without meaning to encourage anyone else, we decided to support him by sending him to one of the top secondary schools in Edo State that is owned by the Government. The reason for opting for a boarding school is that we think that there is need to closely watch him which his parents could not do.

“He is an intelligent young man with uncommon challenges, but one that has a vision. We had him examined by people who should know and the result confirmed that he is normal.

“This incident was probably the kind of trigger that we needed to improve the facilities at our Airports. You are never going to have all the money you need to do all you have to do. You should start from somewhere,” he noted.

Oshiomhole added: “It is also a security issue that we do not have any runway security lights at the Benin Airport.”

http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html
We are in a world where criminals are always given scholarships while the deserving poor are saddled with grave challenges. No time boy enjoy! Oh wait!! Don't u think given a scholarship to criminals will be as an antidote for prospective criminals.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
Somebody in Benin here told me that Obama was coming to Nigeria to come and pick this boy...... Have heard this rumour two times but I can't really verify
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Aliyubest(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
PEStyOFlife: Somebody in Benin here told me that Obama was coming to Nigeria to come and pick this boy...... Have heard this rumour two times but I can't really verify
did u just mentioned Obama? Is it d same person dat has been avoidin 9ja lika a plague,
@Op, b4 now i was of the opinion dat the boi should b closly monitored, while d security aparatus @ our airports should learn from this. Thank God that the govt is movin towards this possitive direction.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Dee60: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Boy, do not throw away your American dream. You may be an 'Obama' in the future!
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by eboseg: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
lwkmddd,funi boy,if he had landed in america, wud he b screaming i wana go hme??
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
I dont know what he is complaining about...... But sha

How to know if you are being quoted on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1434864/how-know-being-quoted-nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N4.7bn Arms Funds Traced To Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC / PDP Has Now Been Reduced To A Regional Party – APC / Keyamo: The Malpractice In Rivers State Doesn't Change Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.