Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible (9211 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada: You see yourself, dodging and frantically trying to save your faces. You can now see why xtians were just avoiding this thread. I made two valid clarifications rather than the Op to do the honourable thing and admit it at least got those version, he simply avoided them

Please, indulge me by showing me where you made your fictional two valid clarifications, and while you are on that, show me where I avoided them? Thanks.

noblefada: and then my friend @Uyi whom I not even sure is a practising xtian right now easily punched some more holes in ur allusions and again what do we see, dodging

You spoke in haste. Look above your post, and see how porous your friends argument turned out to be.

noblefada: Pls my friends, I'll tell you again explaining all ur contradictions above is a very simple thing but I'll choose not to, because u won't admit u were wrong even with a very valid response.

Stop show-boating! Everyone including yourself know that you wouldn't be able to make one logical argument even if your life depended on it.

noblefada: I think I've achieve my aim, to show xtians viewing this thread ur folly, and big thanks to @Uyi for helping out.
Grace to you all

I laugh in Yiddish. cheesy grin cheesy

Did you just said you made your point? What point was that again??
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Ray McBlue: I was just seeing your post or I would have tackled it a long time ago.

Anyhoo, better late than never, so here goes...

Very poor argument. The bible didn't say anything about spiritual death, it made us to understand that Adam would meet his definite end if he were to disobey god's warning, which didn't happen. Stop attaching your own interpretation into what wasn't there.

Lol! Do you hear yourself? A further prove that there is disharmony between the two, don't you think? If someone said one thing, and a person says another, it's what the dictionary calls contradictions.

Long story short, you don't have a clue.

What is this??

God specifically told him in Genesis 35:10 to drop his original name(Jacob) in Old things have passed away, all things have become new, context. In fact it was a command not to be disobeyed.

Then God himself went on to disobey his own command to Jacob by rousing him with the very same name he commanded Jacob not to answer to anymore, and better yet, Jacob disobeyed God's direct command by responding to his former name, thus saying "Here I am."

Contradictions are all in their contradictory splendor between both verses, mate.

You are the one that lacked comprehension skills, mate.

Okay, let me try to break it down to your level of understanding;

Exodus 20:4- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Read the bold 3 times until it sinks in, then Google the meaning of Cherubim.

Nuff said.

You shouldn't have bothered, cuz the arguments you posted didn't reflect well on you person, rather it questioned your intelligence.
Although I decided not engage u guys in ur folly, just wanted to support @Uyi. Ecc 3:14 KJV says I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
God intended man in Adam to live forever, but when he disobeyed he died spiritually and then physically.
Jacob as a person retained his name but concerning thepromise became the nation of Israel.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada:
Although I decided not engage u guys in ur folly, just wanted to support @Uyi. Ecc 3:14 KJV says I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
God intended man in Adam to live forever, but when he disobeyed he died spiritually and then physically.
Jacob as a person retained his name but concerning thepromise became the nation of Israel.

Are my questions to hard for the christian mind? Running away, are we?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada:

I'm pretty sure If I look hard enough, I will be able to find a contradictory quote to the above...but let's move on.

noblefada: God intended man in Adam to live forever, but when he disobeyed he died spiritually and then physically.

He died spiritually and yet was able to know god's ire towards him after the deed? How could a spiritual dead person hear god, or weren't you the ones that tell anybody who cares to listen that one need to be one with the spirit to converse with God?

Your logic bothers on desperation, mate.

noblefada: Jacob as a person retained his name but concerning thepromise became the nation of Israel.

Genesis 35:10- And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name : and he called his name Israel.

The above verse says otherwise.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Obviously. He's intellectually inept.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I've said earlier answering ur question is waste of my time because u won't believe, to you guys u can't be wrong! I've had this problem with so many people on this forum, I think for us to come to a meaning end in future we need an unbiased moderator or umpire, so that meaningful verdict can be given. Just imagine all the explanations given so far but u guys still go ahead refute them.
Pls @ray even if ur believes are different we still gentlemen and courtesy demands mutual respect, enough of the name calling pls.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Okay.... I'm a christian. But I Just Don't Understand this.. Can a good fella please explain this

Matt17:12 But, I tell u Elijah has already come,but he wasn't recognised,and they chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son Of Man suffer. Matt17:13 Then the disciples realized he was talking about John the Baptist

Now in John1:21 ''Well then who are you?'' they asked. ''Are u Elijah?''
''No'' , John replied .

I'm confused
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2013
there is just one thing I know; adam was never meant to die,God dint create man to die.
Death came into existence after they ate the forbidden Fruit,besides God dint mention the day they were gonna die or tell them they were gna die immediately..after eating the fruit!
"For the day thou eat of it,thou will surely die"
Is diff from "on the day thou eat of it".. blah blah"..
Na dem sabi!!

Proudly Agnostic
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:42am On Sep 13, 2013
You still haven't showed me where you made all those points you kept referring to, noblefada. Waiting...
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2013
quivah: there is just one thing I know; adam was never meant to die,God dint create man to die.
Death came into existence after they ate the forbidden Fruit,besides God dint mention the day they were gonna die or tell them gna die immediately..after eating the fruit!
"For the day thou eat of it,thou will surely die"
Is diff from "on the day thou eat of it".. blah blah"..
Na dem sabi!!

Proudly Agnostic

Even though, you are an agnostic, you made more sense than all those confused Christians that had contributed so far, put together.

I was expecting them to say that God wasn't intending Adam to die immediately, after eating the fruit, instead, they were spewing "spiritually dead" crap.grin

Goes to show you that a lot of Christians are really ignorant of things and out of touch with reality. grin
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: Okay.... I'm a christian. But I Just Don't Understand this.. Can a good fella please explain this

Matt17:12 But, I tell u Elijah has already come,but he wasn't recognised,and they chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son Of Man suffer. Matt17:13 Then the disciples realized he was talking about John the Baptist

Now in John1:21 ''Well then who are you?'' they asked. ''Are u Elijah?''
''No'' , John replied .

I'm confused
Hi doc! You are in the wrong thread , I tell you!
Visit the Christian chat-box

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada:
I've said earlier answering ur question is waste of my time because u won't believe, to you guys u can't be wrong! I've had this problem with so many people on this forum, I think for us to come to a meaning end in future we need an unbiased moderator or umpire, so that meaningful verdict can be given. Just imagine all the explanations given so far but u guys still go ahead refute them.
Pls @ray even if ur believes are different we still gentlemen and courtesy demands mutual respect, enough of the name calling pls.
you didnt answer anything bro! you were just dancing around the ring like mohammed ali!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2013
nnofaith: you didnt answer anything bro! you were just dancing around the ring like mohammed ali!

Muhammad Ali's deftness holds no candle to the way that guy dodge questions, I tell you.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Even though, you are an agnostic, you made more sense than all those confused Christians that had contributed so far, put together.
I was once like them.. but I later applied logics. Thanks!

Ray Mcblue: i was expecting them to say that God wasn't intending Adam to die immediately, after eating the fruit, instead, they were spewing "spiritually dead" crap.
I confess,I always find that amusing but I won't deny,that was what our pastors taught us..so I don't really blame them

Ray Mcblue: Goes to show you that a lot of Christians are really ignorant of things and out of touch with realities. grin
this and many more cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
nnofaith: you didnt answer anything bro! you were just dancing around the ring like mohammed ali!
guy,u wicked o!!! angry
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada:

So those questions were too complicated for your christian brain? Why not ask the holy spirit to help you answer them or are they too strong for it as well?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
It's funny, after typing reply about creation being a spiritual creation before physical with evidence of showing scripture, which @ray tried to discredit and @alfa ignored and ask other questions, part of which I also re-echoed while supporting @Uyi post on Adam all of which is just above for you guys to read and yet u're saying I didn't answer anything! dats being dishonest, you could have just said you were not satisfied with my answer rather than say I didn't answer them.
Listen I'm not here to argue with any body, because I've bin on that road b4 and u guys will stop at nothing to make sure u achieve ur aim, the only reason I reply the thread was just because of xtian brethren that may be reading the thread, so that they don't think you guys are telling the truth, which I've achieved above.
Finally let me say again I can give explanation of those contradictions easily, get an unbiased umpire then we can talk. Shallom.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
noblefada:
It's funny, after typing reply about creation being a spiritual creation before physical with evidence of showing scripture, which @ray tried to discredit and @alfa ignored and ask other questions, part of which I also re-echoed while supporting @Uyi post on Adam all of which is just above for you guys to read and yet u're saying I didn't answer anything! dats being dishonest, you could have just said you were not satisfied with my answer rather than say I didn't answer them.
Listen I'm not here to argue with any body, because I've bin on that road b4 and u guys will stop at nothing to make sure u achieve ur aim, the only reason I reply the thread was just because of xtian brethren that may be reading the thread, so that they don't think you guys are telling the truth, which I've achieved above.
Finally let me say again I can give explanation of those contradictions easily, get an unbiased umpire then we can talk. Shallom.

So christians needs you in order to keep their faith. Thay didn't understand what they were doing in the first place?

Stop dodging. Answer my two questions:
How did Judas die?
Who killed King Saul?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
My purpose on nairaland is to destroy christianity. Go on every praise jesus thread and destabilise them grin grin
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So christians needs you in order to keep their faith. Thay didn't understand what they were doing in the first place?

Stop dodging. Answer my two questions:
How did Judas die?
Who killed King Saul?
Was John the Baptist really Elijah?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013: My purpose on nairaland is to destroy christianity. Go on every praise jesus thread and destabilise them grin grin
judas is here again after betraying Jesus,this time hes here to erase all beliefs of Jesus.
Judas the eraser!!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rev noblefada, If your creation and Adam rubbish are any indication of your bible prowess, then non-Christians are not missing out on anything, believe me. Your arguments are not strong or reasonable enough to be termed as such.

Do you feel justified by spewing this?;

noblefada: you claim there were 2 creations, Gen 1 &2, Nay there was just one creation, Gen 1 creation was essentially done in the Spirit of God, nothing physical, so God finished creating in His Spirit and then brought them to manifestation in the physical in Gen 2, that's why if u read Gen 2 very well, u'll never see the word create but just made and formed

or this?

noblefada: noblefada: another illusion u stated is that Jesus said in one place He is one with the Father and in another place the Father is greater. No contradiction here; u c in nature and substance God and Jesus are the same and represent the same thing but in authority God is greater.

How does the above quotes negate the contradictory nature of the bible?

Spurning a côck and bull story about the spiritual death of Adam was nothing but pure ignorance and desperation.

The second post, you went from saying that God is the same as Jesus to saying that God is greater than Jesus. Confusion at it's peak again.

So I asked you one more time, where did you prove those fictional points you kept referring to?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: ……
Yes, he was Elijah (Matthew 11:13-14) - "For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14"And if you care to accept it, he himself is Elijah, who was to come."
No, he was not Elijah (John 1:19-21) - "And this is the witness of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" 20And he confessed, and did not deny, and he confessed, "I am not the Christ." 21And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" And he *said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No."
You can also read:
2kings 1:8
Mathew 3:4

Its confusing i'd say

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

grin grin

Apparently, he sees himself as the Pope.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah:
judas is here again after betraying Jesus,this time hes here to erase all beliefs of Jesus.
Judas the eraser!!cheesy

Funnygrin
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah:
Judas the eraser!!cheesy

I am here to sell his ghost for 30trillion pounds. This time it will be final
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Any why is this thread not on front page. Politics?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013: Any why is this thread not on front page. Politics?

Apparently.

All the Mods are 'born-again Christians', or have you forgotten?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
About The Creation stuff..

According to KJV.Gen1:1 In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

According to NLT Gen1:1 In the Beginning WHEN God created heavens and the earth. I think that answers it.

Here's another contradiction grin

Matt1:16 says Jacob was the Father of Joseph,the husband Of Mary. Mary gave Birth to Jesus.

Then In Luke3:23 Jesus was about thirty years old when he began his public ministry. Jesus was the son of Joseph and Joseph was the son of Heli.

WHO THEN IS THE FATHER OF JOSEPH ?

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013:

I am here to sell his ghost for 30trillion pounds. This time it will be final
i'm sure no one will buy!!
He was sold for just 10silvers while He was alive. Now, will wanna buy a Ghost!
Tho,the Christians say He's pretty much still alive!

Ray McBlue:

Funnygrin
abi na!!..
Make una warn Jesus so He won't be betrayed the 2nd time
Or prolly,this second time might just be known already to Him as He knew the first time.. Hes just being cool
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
[size=16pt]Geez!

Christianity massacre.

I'm starting to feel bad for creating this thread...Lol!grinwink[/size]
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah:
i'm sure no one will buy!!
He was sold for just 10silvers while He was alive. Now, will wanna buy a Ghost!
Tho,the Christians say He's pretty much still alive!

Zombie things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? / Why Do We See People Who Are Already Dead And Buried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.