Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible (9204 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
But why have the Christians Deserted this thread..are they too scared.smiley they can't withstand the heat ?? shocked shocked . Isn't their Faith strong enough ??

I need Answers !
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: But why have the Christians Deserted this thread..are they too scared.smiley they can't withstand the heat ?? shocked shocked . Isn't their Faith strong enough ??

I need Answers !
no! They are just finding it too hard to accept the truth..
Hope you are?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: But why have the Christians Deserted this thread..are they too scared.smiley they can't withstand the heat ?? shocked shocked . Isn't their Faith strong enough ??

I need Answers !

The topic is too strong for their Christian brain, Sis. Their faith didn't equipped them for this and they know it, hence their scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
I guess this thread wont make first page then. sad

I got this joke :

What was the last thing Christ said on the cross?
"Peter, I can see your house from here!"

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
I spied one one guest viewing the topic. Could it be a Registered Nairalander Christian in anonymity cloak?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
And don't forget most of them have multiple accounts they spy with. They need to realise that the walls of christianity is crumbling . Either way common sense will win.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah:
no! They are just finding it too hard to accept the truth..
Hope you are?
what truth ?LOL. I know there must be an explanation . . There just has to be. I hope this will Make Front Page

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Judas2013: And don't forget most of them have multiple accounts they spy with. They need to realise that the walls of christianity is crumbling . Either way common sense will win.

True.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
I notice the comment in which i asked them to include this interesting thread on the front page is hidden.

Christians never cease to amaze me. They need to remember that the feet of the corpse they buried is out in the open. Nigeria as a whole has a long long way to go in regards to freedom from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: what truth ?LOL. I know there must be an explanation . . There just has to be. I hope this will Make Front Page

Unless a super Mod comes and push this to the homepage, don't count on it.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by quivah(f): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Doc_Miss: what truth ?LOL. I know there must be an explanation . . There just has to be. I hope this will Make Front Page
heeyah! You just can't accept the fact there are lotta contradictions in the Bible,right?.. even after you yourself spotted one?!.. it must really be hard dear.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
If you open a thread with a strong bias and atheists/agnostics are commenting left,right and centre with caustic words against people's revered believes. Is it logical for those people to come and put up a defence on such threads?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd: If you open a thread with a strong bias and atheists/agnostics are commenting left,right and centre with caustic words against people's revered believes. Is it logical for those people to come and put up a defence on such threads?

It's only because of their silence that the atheist are having a field day. A strong argument from a brave Christian will have a profound effect.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ray McBlue:

It's only because of their silence that the atheist are having a field day. A strong argument from a brave Christian will have a profound effect.

Roy McBlue no argument whatsoever will make you change your position on the bible,christianity or religion, so why should a christian bother?

I have serious doubt about religion and God but its so annoying how you'll go out of your way just to insult peoples' beliefs.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Ray McBlue no argument whatsoever will make you change your position on the bible,christianity or religion, so why should a christian bother?

Your mentality is the reason why something like an atheism is threatening to overthrow your precious religion. Go ahead, turn your nose up but don't expect us to go away.

GeneralShepherd: I have serious doubt about religion and God but its so annoying how you'll go out of your way just to insult peoples' beliefs.

Go ahead and sulk, you are entitled.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1437885/atheists-lose-god-trust-remain#18094941

Guys if you are interested. I found a christian on the loose. Lets wrap him up!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Your mentality is the reason why something like an atheism is threatening to overthrow your precious religion. Go ahead, turn your nose up but don't expect us to go away.

Go ahead and sulk, you are entitled.

Lol read my posts and you'll understand I'm irreligious...but seriously what do you hope to achieve. You sound like an evangelical atheist...
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Lol read my posts and you'll understand I'm irreligious...but seriously what do you hope to achieve.

To let people know that religion is fallible, and not above reproach like some theist would make one believe.

GeneralShepherd: You sound like an evangelical atheist...

Would it surprise you to know I was once a bona fide Christian? If I sound evangelistic, then I can only surmise it's from the lingering remnants of my past, nothing more.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
And you GeneralShepherd, where do you stand?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by emayoung(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
After all the babblings here about Islam and christianity...lets face this little fact we've always overlooked. Our mind constantly yearns for a Supernatural,not only that it seeks out which one is perfect for it,so every time our little minds keep stretching to understand what's above the natural but it keeps failing everytime.
During our chemistry class once our Prof.diverted a lil bit to the spiritual...always wondered what chemistry and God had in common? But never mind. In his story...a blind man once attended a submit. The Prof. On the pondium to his best contradicted the existence of God with facts too lengthy to write though... On that pondium he had succeeded from his research to prove God does.nt exist. A cheering applause ensured as he left the stage. Here's the interesting part of this true life story...
After much begging,the blind man was allowed on stage...with smiles beaming his face he said"i've been blind since i was a child,my eyes have never got sight of the sunset...they tell me the sun is white and hot,is it true? They tell me leaves are green,is it true? They tell me flowers are yellow,is it true?....they other parts of the story i've forgotten...but i sure do remember i cried just as i am now...
Little minds trying to define divinity,small brains trying to explain the supernatural... Plato himself could.nt explain it,but it did what every man should...BELIEVE IN THE DIVINE... The bible has contradictions... Yes,no doubts but it's still gonna be the world's best selling book ever. That same bible you're contradicting said from God himself..."MY WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN YOURS"... Pause for a moment and look at His awesomeness. Isn't it amazing that over 32 different people wrote the bible yet it still carried the same,if not,closely similar message? My God's Awesome...You're just too blind to see it... I Hate it so much when he says he loves people like you(it's in the same bible you're contradicting)... Stretch out to embrace his love, He'll be and always will be the World's Only wonder...
Sorry...typing from my phone,could.nt resist this tempting post
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
How could someone have written so much and yet absolutely nothing all at the same time?

Mate, you not only wasted your time by writing this crap, you wasted mine as well for reading this.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
emayoung: After all the babblings here about Islam and christianity...lets face this little fact we've always overlooked. Our mind constantly yearns for a Supernatural,not only that it seeks out which one is perfect for it,so every time our little minds keep stretching to understand what's above the natural but it keeps failing everytime.
During our chemistry class once our Prof.diverted a lil bit to the spiritual...always wondered what chemistry and God had in common? But never mind. In his story...a blind man once attended a submit. The Prof. On the pondium to his best contradicted the existence of God with facts too lengthy to write though... On that pondium he had succeeded from his research to prove God does.nt exist. A cheering applause ensured as he left the stage. Here's the interesting part of this true life story...
After much begging,the blind man was allowed on stage...with smiles beaming his face he said"i've been blind since i was a child,my eyes have never got sight of the sunset...they tell me the sun is white and hot,is it true? They tell me leaves are green,is it true? They tell me flowers are yellow,is it true?....they other parts of the story i've forgotten...but i sure do remember i cried just as i am now...
Little minds trying to define divinity,small brains trying to explain the supernatural... Plato himself could.nt explain it,but it did what every man should...BELIEVE IN THE DIVINE... The bible has contradictions... Yes,no doubts but it's still gonna be the world's best selling book ever. That same bible you're contradicting said from God himself..."MY WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN YOURS"... Pause for a moment and look at His awesomeness. Isn't it amazing that over 32 different people wrote the bible yet it still carried the same,if not,closely similar message? My God's Awesome...You're just too blind to see it... I Hate it so much when he says he loves people like you(it's in the same bible you're contradicting)... Stretch out to embrace his love, He'll be and always will be the World's Only wonder...
Plenty emotions little intellect!

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by noblefada: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2013

I need Answers !
The question the scribes asked John was from Mal 4:5 "Look, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the LORD arrives", which was also a follow-up to Isa 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God". The scribes generally believe and taught that the actual Elijah the Tishbite in person was to come back to usher in the messiah, so when they ask John if he was that Elijah, he said No, but didn't deny he was the one that will come to prepare the way of the Lord as recorded in Joh 1:23 "He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias". That's why Jesus told His plainly that Elijah had come, just like the scribes could not recognise Jesus because the had their view and criteria, they could not also recognise the ministry of John the baptise. Take care
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
emayoung: After all the babblings here about Islam and christianity...lets face this little fact we've always overlooked. Our mind constantly yearns for a Supernatural,not only that it seeks out which one is perfect for it,so every time our little minds keep stretching to understand what's above the natural but it keeps failing everytime.

Could it be we have been conditioned from years of religous exposure to yearn for the supernatural?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ray McBlue:

To let people know that religion is fallible, and not above reproach like some theist would make one believe.

Would it surprise you to know I was once a bona fide Christian? If I sound evangelistic, then I can only surmise it's the lingering remnants of my past, nothing more.

Of course I'm not surprised for you to attack the bible,most probably means you are ex-christian,

My point is don't let your quest turn to anger and thus turn you to a dogmatic atheist cos then you'll be mirroring religious bigots.

Let every man reason for himself,aint that the essence of freethinking?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Of course I'm not surprised for you to attack the bible,most probably means you are ex-christian,

My point is don't let your quest turn to anger and thus turn you to a dogmatic atheist cos then you'll be mirroring religious bigots.

Let every man reason for himself,aint that the essence of freethinking?

So then I should allow their lies to breed and foster?

No way!

When I see a loophole in any religion, I see it as my duty to expose it for everyone to witness.

Besides, there is a Footy quote that goes thus; "Best defense is attack". Sit back on your laurels and you will be overwhelmed.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Could it be we have been conditioned from years of religous exposure to yearn for the supernatural?
no my friend. Every man yearns for the supernatural. Its in-grained in him. God created man. God is supernatural. Man looks always for a miracle worker. God understands that. The devil does too. The quest to understand the supernatural fuels modern day science. When will man learn sir? When will man learn?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
For the sake of those who truly want answers, like Doc_miss, don't ask people on nairaland, go to God and ask your questions. Seek him diligently with a pure heart. Is that so hard?

The bible is the message written by men inspired by God. It is the written word. The power of God backs the word. The life of God, the spirit, can be felt behind the written word. Through the written word, the living word is revealed to us by the spirit. The epistles specifically is Gods word written to us. Great effort was made by God to make sure that the records kept in the bible, ESPECIALLY the new testament is trustworthy. The geneology of Jesus leads to david, etc, etc. God does not contradict himself. But more especially, i emphasize(for those with thick skulls grin ) that the bible says by the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word shall be established. Relate scripture in context and with reference to other scripture as you study. And don't just have a head knowledge of scripture, get in touch with the spirit behind those words. God's word is trustworthy and has integrity.
Through it he teaches his children.

The word of God is for those who truly want to know God, not for those foolish enough to think that they can discredit him.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chibuebem: no my friend. Every man yearns for the supernatural. Its in-grained in him. God created man. God is supernatural. Man looks always for a miracle worker. God understands that. The devil does too. The quest to understand the supernatural fuels modern day science. When will man learn sir? When will man learn?

According to the law of evolution, man is still evolving. Exceedingly slow but evolving still. As man grows more intelligent, his need/yearn for the supernatural grows dimmer. The believe in supernatural will soon become a distant memory, when science finally and fully take the center stage. It's inevitable.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chibuebem: For the sake of those who truly want answers, like Doc_miss, don't ask people on nairaland, go to God and ask your questions. Seek him diligently with a pure heart. Is that so hard?

The bible is the message written by men inspired by God. It is the written word. The power of God backs the word. The life of God, the spirit, can be felt behind the written word. Through the written word, the living word is revealed to us by the spirit. The epistles specifically is Gods word written to us. Great effort was made by God to make sure that the records kept in the bible, ESPECIALLY the new testament is trustworthy. The geneology of Jesus leads to david, etc, etc. God does not contradict himself. But more especially, i emphasize(for those with thick skulls grin ) that the bible says by the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word shall be established. Relate scripture in context and with reference to other scripture as you study. And don't just have a head knowledge of scripture, get in touch with the spirit behind those words. God's word is trustworthy and has integrity.
Through it he teaches his children.

The word of God is for those who truly want to know God, not for those foolish enough to think that they can discredit him.
address the contradictions don't preach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Six Ways To Express Love For God / Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.