Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48029 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Lilimax(f): 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
The Bible says that :Anyone who believes in God is not judged; he who does not believe in God has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28pt]MR. POPE, YOUR RELIGION CREATED HELL ON EARTH.

AND NOW YOU TALK OF SENDING US ALL TO THIS "HEAVEN" ?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Kslib(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Patiently Waiting for those who didnt understand what the pope said/meant to start calling him THE ANTICHRIST..
All izz well!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28]MR. POPE, I OFFER YOU A KOLA NUT.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Dpeacemaker101: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmm, pope are you sure everything is alright with you? Who come get heaven now.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
This pope is really sent on a mission...

If atheist can make heaven without believing God, then every body makes heaven( whether you believe or not)..This is worrisome(end time thingz na true talk o).

If that is the case that atheist will also go to heaven, then he should resign as pope and become an athiest, then when he dies he will found out the truth.

I now know why the former pope had to resign( evil powers in politics forced him out and brought this guy in)

May God help us all. #END TIME THINGZ#

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by saintvc(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
I AM BEGINING TO LIKE THIS POPE[size
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28pt]MR. POPE, USE THE MILLIONS YOU GENERATED FROM AFRICAN TITHES.

HELP US BUILD SHRINES FOR GOD(s) WORSHIP IN NIGERIA.

THEN YOU CAN TALK.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ELgordo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Damn# I said it ! I said it this pope is gonna be the false Prophet the Bible was talking about. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=16pt]MR. POPE, THIS IS WHAT YOUR RELIGION SAID ABOUT ME, MY PEOPLE AND MY ANCESTORS:

2 Thessalonians 1:9 ESV

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by emmasege: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
I think the Pope needs to spend more time in the closet with God, than with the media. I thought the "first Pope" said there is no other name under heaven by which mankind can be saved, other than the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28pt]MR. POPE, WHAT KIND OF GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

IT IS TOO LATE TO MAKE AMMENDS. FOR THE DAMAGE HATH BEEN DONE, IN THE NAME OF MAN-GOD JESUS.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Make them no end this controversial man o. He's really being very 'modern', open minded and all-embracing.

Hope he can trust his butlers before some irate cardinals slip some heaven-sending substances into his morning tea.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by lilmax(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Until d end of time....
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by JohnmcCain(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
The way the media are on this guy, they are just waiting for the Pope to falter for them to crucify him.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by blessed4ril(f): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
I refuse 2comment til I av all the details, cos many r bent on twistin wordz jus 2ruin His Holinez and the catholic church!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]MR. POPE, YOUR RELIGION CREATED HELL ON EARTH.

AND NOW YOU TALK OF SENDING US ALL TO THIS "HEAVEN" ?[/size]

So paganism created peace on earth right

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by bigpastor(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise
I thought the pope was INFALLIBLE
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

IT IS TOO LATE TO MAKE AMMENDS. FOR THE DAMAGE HATH BEEN DONE, IN THE NAME OF MAN-GOD JESUS.[/size]

Did your master forget to lock your cage today? grin

7 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Waiting for the time he say marring a small girl is not a sin.......
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Austeenxx: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes!

I will make Heaven...

...even if I wäñk.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by NovusHomo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=elampiro]Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.”

In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.

In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Why does the Pope like making controversial statements? This is about the fourth time. So now, there is no need to preach to anyone to convert to Catholic church/Christianity? [/

That's All!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by guyANDROID1: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Some religion will say When the World is coming to an END, there will be a TIME when so many THINGZ will beginning to happen like fake prophesy.

So you see now.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Matthew 24:15

"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand--

Revelation 18:2

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons.

end-time prophecy in fuffilment, LET READERS DISCERN. no name calling pls.

You are very correct.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
joel lala:

So paganism created peace on earth right

[size=16pt]WE PAGANS NEVER FOUGHT WARS ON RELIGION AND KILLED PEOPLE TO CONVERT THEM TO OUR FAITHS![/size] angry

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by solomon111(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
"Except ye be born-again,you shall not see the kingdom of God"-Jesus christ.
The pope is saying
"you don't have to be born again to see the kingdom of God"
what a disgrace!!
The prophecy of babylon the great is fufilled before our very eyes.
Shame.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Dee60: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013: waiting till he tells the truth: God doesn't exist!

The truth is that God is the True God and has sent Jesus Christ to save mankind. Believe the truth today and be assured of the hope of eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
God is supposed to be JUST, right?

Why did he have to condenm Adams offspring to eternal torment in fire living out Adam and Eve that introduced sin into the world?
Here is his sentence to them:

16 To the woman he said: “I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in birth pangs you will bring forth children, and your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.”

17 And to Adam he said: “Because you listened to your wife’s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, ‘You must not eat from it,’ cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life.18 And thorns and thistles it will grow for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field.19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”(Gen. 3:16-19)
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Judas2013: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
i dont want to go to heaven in the first place. i dont want to worship a monster for ever and ever and ever...no way!

i wanna be with baba fela smoking my igbo jejeli grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

If truely your own gods were so powerful, how come the christains by the help of God conquered the pagans with the help of their own gods(more than one sef)?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by NovusHomo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
idnoble135: Nobody will make heaven without going through Jesus.
#Bewareoftheleavenofthisfolks

cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.