Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48065 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nwadaigbo: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
lets judge it this way; between an atheist who does not steal, oppress the poor, and a christian, who does all those things mentioned above, who will make heaven?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 4C2215131: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Seems to me the Catholic church has got their work cut out for them. Times are really changing. This development used to be the bane of the 'protestant' christian world but as it is the change and spirit of the times seem to be engulfing the Catholic church too. I wonder how Benedict will be feeling right now given his conservatism. Let's see how it all unfolds.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]MR. POPE,

WHERE ARE MY ANCESTORS?

WHAT HAS BECOME OF THOSE MEN AND WOMEN, WHO GAVE ME MY LANGUAGE, CULTURE AND IDENTITY?[/size]
erm....*scratches head and shuffles feet* ....erm ...ah ..i think they...erm..d..d..died.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
chuqudy:

Em well, people fail to understand that Pope Francis is a Jesuit. Let me help you guys. Jesuits don't see money as we see it. They see money as exactly what it is--a paper. They dont know what is gold. Gold is just a stone. Your costly cars, houses, etc makes no meaning to them. Once you can see a means of transport, a place to lay your head, something to eat and be healthy, you should be okay. I heard of a Jesuit priest that carried a masqurade to a church. He said that people fear masqurade and associate it with satan but according to him, masqurade is nothing but a carved wood worn by a mere human beign. I also heard of a Catholic bishop who refused to welcome a visiting Jesuit priest to his diocese because he(bishop) sees Jesuits as strange people. Jesuits don't see life as any ordinary person sees life. They understand life exactly the way it is. According to a book written by a Jesuit, "we don't need a TV to be alive, not a car, nor house, nor money etc. Afterall our ancestors lived happily without those things. All your fame, your money, your power, etc are non existent things. Nothing has the power to make you sad or even happy." The book went further to say that "if you are happy when people say good things about you, you should also be prepared to be sad when they say bad things about you." The book also said that "if one says 'without God I cannot be happy', then that "God" the person is talking about is a product of the persons imagination and does not exist". God has given you everything that can make you happy. People are sad because they have made themselves slaves to some persons, material things and their imaginations"

Jesuits have made me to understand life exactly as it is. Nothing can make me sad nor happy. My happiness should not be dependent on any thing. I just have to be happy whether good or bad because everything is vanity. Jesus once asked a question. Who is better among the two servants, one agreed to go for a message but later did not go and the other refused to go for the message but later went?

It was the one that finally did what the master wanted. Many people expect the Pope to say only a Christian would go to heaven where Jesus himself is not even a christian. Abraham, Moses, Elijah, David, Solomon etc were not christians. Jesus said repent or perish and not become a Jehovah witness and co.

iF YOU DO GOOD, kINGDOM IS WAITING FOR YOU. BUT IF YOU ARE A "BORN AGAIN" AND SPEAKS IN "1MILLION TONGUES" AND FALL UNDER ANOINTING BUT WITHOUT LOVE( God is love), NO KINGDOM OF GOD IS WAITING FOR YOU.
Jesus will deny you on the last day if you opress the poor and the less priviledge. He will deny you even if you are a pastor, priest, pope, imam, general overseer, bishop etc if you neglect the poor. The wicked will ask Jesus "when did we see you hungry and did not give you food. When did we see you in prison but did not visit you etc" You know the answer.

If our so called "good and true christians" can do just what Christ wants, there would be no ASUU strike. The president and many of our politicians are "born again" and recieves blessings and prayers from many "men of God" and yet our country is confused. USA is made up of many atheists and yet things are better and the less priviledged are cared for. What an irony.

Be not deceived, good works is not a sign of being with Christ.
However, all those who are born again MUST live the true life of Christ which includes being good, moral, committed to God and His word not opinions of the world.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by mko2005: 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
nwadaigbo: lets judge it this way; between an atheist who does not steal, oppress the poor, and a christian, who does all those things mentioned above, who will make heaven?
None of them !
A christian does not do all those things !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by mko2005: 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
4C2215131: Seems to me the Catholic church has got their work cut out for them. Times are really changing. This development used to be the bane of the 'protestant' christian world but as it is the change and spirit of the times seem to be engulfing the Catholic church too. I wonder how Benedict will be feeling right now given his conservatism. Let's see how it all unfolds.
The catholic church has been this way but this pope is living it out !

God help us all
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by deeptesting(m): 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
HUGE_S: . listen guy, i laugh at atheists cos in their very eyes they see mere magic, witchcraft powers and all d tins ppl frm d occult do, as well as xtian miracles and u guys still doubt that their is a spiritual world. Now if u believe dat their is a realm other than ours frm wher al thez spiritual stuff are being done, why then do u refuse to see dat God is d BOSS of dat realm. A little trial will convince u dat their is a realm other than dis physical world. Jst go to TB Joshua church and let him touch u weda u will still have mouth to talk ur sense or evn recognis urself. No offense, but Nigerian atheists ar d most pathetic, cos in their vry eyes dey see spiritual stuff and dey say na lie. Lols

My friend I have been to a church wouldn't want to mention name,I was invited by a friend who knew me very well as an Atheist, I honored his invitation and did you know when all that stuff you mentioned didn't work on me the officiating pastor and another pastor from Ghana termed me a witch...Come and see prayers that almost brought the roof of the building down,that was my greatest fear before they will term the fall of the roof on our heads as "spiritual stuff" like you mentioned.. It is so funny how you guys fall for all these craps.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Ess: 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
elampiro: Pope Francis said our sins are not committed by us but they are Jesus' sins : "When we go to confession, for example, it isn’t that we say our sin and God forgives us. No, not that! We look for Jesus Christ and say: 'This is your sin, and I will sin again'. And Jesus likes that, because it was his mission: to become the sinner for us, to liberate us. "* June 15 at his daily mass homily PF1.
*source http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-the-christian-life-proclaims-the-road-to-reco

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I dont say this but mehn...ETT!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 4C2215131: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Richfella: Make them no end this controversial man o. He's really being very 'modern', open minded and all-embracing.

Hope he can trust his butlers before some irate cardinals slip some heaven-sending substances into his morning tea.

You seem to have said this with levity but if only you knew how close to the truth your assertion may be you'd be shocked. Those cardinals don't play fair as history has proven time and again.

If the pope intends to carry on with his controversial remarks and un-orthodox doctrine a schism within the greatest religious body on earth may be unavoidable which od course portends the beginning of the end of such a greatt institution.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by HUGES: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: [b]DO YOU KNOW WHY CHRISTIANS ARE AFRAID OF DYING?

Answer:: They have nothing to look forward to in heaven except and empty Mansion with no family to live in it located on a street tarred with worthless gold. Infact, christsians only want to go to heaven to avoid the pain of hell.. #PERIOD.. Take away the fire from hell and replace it with Virgins and watch Christians backslide en mass like they were in a Micheal Jackson Thriller Video.. cheesy

Do You know why Muslims & Hindus are not Afraid of Dying?

Hindus are assured of Reincarnating and coming back to earth to continue the cycle of life...

Muslims are in Paradise chilling in Mansions filled with 72 sweet looking, submissive, ready-to-please, multi-national Virgins..

Heres Hauwa... My Asian Virgin; [/b]
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
The reason MANY BELIEVERS will be deceived in the last days is the fact that they have no foundation in the word.
Many have their foundation in religion, denomination, works, philosophies, self, experiences, pastors and their messages, leaders of their church etc.
The bible is our only foundation and anything other than the scriptures will crumble.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ogbronx(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
This pope may mess up in speech and the way he proclaims Christ but he is by far better than all these preachers that hustle members money. Like it or not, plenty pastors,bishops and prophets are false and money mongers.The question remains to be asked;without their gullible members money, how rich would they have boasted? When you have common sense and can discern fast,they call you an unbeliever.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nwadaigbo: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
m.k.o2005:

None of them !
A christian does not do all those things !

God help us
so, there comes the the statement "do not judge". The way our christaian brethrens behave mmost times will even make you to think deeply about this heavenly thing. If you are a christian and still does those things peculiar to atheists, who told you that you are any better than those people. Thats the message of he holy pontiff. Just do according to your conscience and you would be duely rewarded accordingly, be you christian, muslim, hindu,atheist etc. Just like in the scripture, in d story of good samaritan, we all knw that anything concerning samaria is about gentiles i.e peopl who do not believe in God. But christ praised him for being a good neighbour to a jew whom his own people neglected, even the pastors. From christ's statement, cant you see that He would be rewarde by God for doing good not minding that he is a gentile. Lets stop doing Gods work for him. Lets concentrate in doing his will and he alone will pay us accordingly. Thats the message of the pontiff
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
4C2215131:

You seem to have said this with levity but if only you knew how close to the truth your assertion may be you'd be shocked. Those cardinals don't play fair as history has proven time and again.

If the pope intends to carry on with his controversial remarks and un-orthodox doctrine a schism within the greatest religious body on earth may be unavoidable which od course portends the beginning of the end of such a greatt institution.

I am not joking bro. Shebi it was John Paul I that lasted only 33 days. He appears to have been poisoned.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
deeptesting:

My friend I have been to a church wouldn't want to mention name,I was invited by a friend who knew me very well as an Atheist, I honored his invitation and did you know when all that stuff you mentioned didn't work on me the officiating pastor and another pastor from Ghana termed me a witch...Come and see prayers that almost brought the roof of the building down,that was my greatest fear before they will term the fall of the roof on our heads as "spiritual stuff" like you mentioned.. It is so funny how you guys fall for all these craps.

I apologize for that as it is a false doctrine itself.
I recommend you pick up a bible, say a simple prayer like "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God and Father of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I do not know or believe in you but I ask that you reveal yourself to me I pray".
Say this daily and begin reading the Bible from Genesis even if it's 10mins a day.
It may be hard but I beg of you to try it.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 4C2215131: 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=temi2013][/quote]

An assertion that even Joel Osteen a supposed 'General' in the christian faith could not categorically affirm on live TV. Don't get me wrong though,I admire your passion for candour and sticking up for what you believe in. Like someone opined "There is no such thing as sittting on the fence,it's either you're a coward or a traitor".
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by HUGES: 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
woodcook: I am not an expert in religious matter but for those who claimed to be, please are you guys saying that someone who believe in God but does evil will go to heaven in place of an atheist that have a conscience and had no cause to wrong his fellow human?

Until someone comes up with the right answer to my question, then we can have a discussion on the pope's position, other than that I guess we should all go back to our lives and try to be better people.
Okay Oga, dis is hw it works. If u believe in God, then it implies u believe in Jesus His son, and automatically u 'll become responsive to ur conscience (d HOLY SPIRITS still small voice in ur hrt) and unlike b4 wen u are rebelious to ur conscienses prompting, now u will begin to do rigteously. So dat answers ur question. U cant believe in God and still do evil. And even wen u do, u are prickd in d hrt and run back to God 4 mercy and grace. So u dnt pride in evil wen u do it, u see it as a weakness of ur flesh and run back to HIM, and ur whole life all dat will b in ur mind will b to please God.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by HUGES: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
woodcook: I am not an expert in religious matter but for those who claimed to be, please are you guys saying that someone who believe in God but does evil will go to heaven in place of an atheist that have a conscience and had no cause to wrong his fellow human?

Until someone comes up with the right answer to my question, then we can have a discussion on the pope's position, other than that I guess we should all go back to our lives and try to be better people.
Okay Oga, dis is hw it works. If u believe in God, then it implies u believe in Jesus His son, and automatically u 'll become responsive to ur conscience (d HOLY SPIRITS still small voice in ur hrt) and unlike b4 wen u are rebelious to ur conscienses prompting, now u will begin to do rigteously. So dat answers ur question. U cant believe in God and still do evil. And even wen u do, u are prickd in d hrt and run back to God 4 mercy and grace. So u dnt pride in evil wen u do it, u see it as a weakness of ur flesh and run back to HIM, and ur whole life all dat will b in ur mind will b to please God.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ladenz(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
i really wanted to read through all the comments of this interesting argument but i no get time wallahi.

let me just add my own 2 cents by saying that i believe the Pope is not saying anything new. JPII and Benedict have also made similar 'controversial' statements when they take a part of Chrisitian teaching and expantiate on it. to fully understand his comments you have to take it in context. if you truly believe there is no God and are still try to live according to your conscience (which has to be a well formed conscience) then you might make heaven.

now understand that if you have even the smallest iota of doubt as to whether God exists or not then you are not a true atheist and you dont get the favours mentioned above. besides, real atheists dont believe in heaven so this doesnt affect them in anyway.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by DeInspector(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
D fool has said in his heart there is no God.(ps. 14:1). Wu r dis fools? D atheist of course. Now dis pope instead of preachin d truth, he is preachin wat they wud luv 2 hear. Woe unto d pharisee who go about in d market and high places 2 b seen by men.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by airfinance(m): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Vanityupnvanity: my brother no offence pls'a question
1 was jesus a muslim?

2 when jesus lived was there islam?

3 when was islam revealed to man?

4 when did jesus came to this world?

i'm waiting pls
my bros. if i am not mistaken i know exactly where yu are heading to.but firstly let me make it clear to you that the period at which jesus christ (pbuh)came to this world can not be correctly ascertain just as the period which islam was widely propagated as it is believed in this present day history,that jesus christ came about 2,000 years ago which is also believed 1400 yrs for islam,meaning 600 yrs intervsl.
however.as for your question,islam has bin in existence from time immemorial.i also want to let yu know that jesus christ preached islam this may sound stupid to yu ot create controversy.the world christianity as a religion does not appear in the bibble which you know.
have you asked yourself what was the religion of abraham?do you know the place where he was to sacrifised his son located and where he bowed to worship God?the place is located in the saudi,jesus christ came to inform us as well that he has not come to change the existing laws,my broda asked yourself in which language the bibble was revealed i mean study ur old testament which i think you can not do away with,that which has not been doctoted to suit certain people as it was prophesised.the gospel of paul is what most followers of christianity follows.
i wld recomend you get a translated quran in enlish to read,you wld have little insight to lots of misunderstandings,
please get trasnlated verse by Sahir internationals,by three american ladies.
you can as well google the 100 to read about christianity and islam,though the book is durectly not about the religion,but you would get vital infornations.
sorry i am not advocating for islam,rather trying to make yu see some unknown truth.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by VanTee20(m): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
(murmurs to himself)

St. Malachy is right afterall...
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by HUGES: 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
endy231: Hi guys,
There are plenty things in the bible ohhhhhh
You cant just read the bible and claim born again by holding to the facts that the bible said that if you dont belief in Jesus you wont see heaven.

Permit to ask these questions again;

Are all the muslims going to end up in hell. (cause they dont belief in Jesus, forget about bokoharam, there are still very good muslims out there)

Are all our ancestors that worshiped idols or other gods all going to end up in hell? (Remember that some of them never had the chance to know about Jesus)

Does it mean that everyone that does good, but does not belief in Jesus, would end up in hell?

Didnt the same bible say that GOD is all merciful. How do u interpret the mercy of God.

There are certain things we shouldnt talk about, if we are not sure.
God is God and he would continue to be God. The ways of God is not like the ways of man. You cant think for God, so keep your suggestions to urself. On that day, we all shall know.

Just like i love telling people, if there is anything not to play with at all in the bible, it is that PHRASE. God is LOVE. Remember the golden rule: Love one another.

Obeying this rule alone, can take you placessssssssssssssssssssss (I never said it would take you to heaven) but God is a fair God.
. Yeah God'd mercies are past find out -unfathomable. That's why our 4fadas who servd images will go to heaven (if dey did rit by their conscience o), cos God knws dey did serv those images out of ignorance, but actually servd HIM true their conscience by obeyin it and doing rit. But d man of today MUST accept Jeus else his gud deeds are worth less than a filthy rag. Cos in d realm of spirits, no soul was able to come and save man but Jeus by his blood. So u see our being gud is not jst enof to mak us look rit b4 God, it taks d blood of Jesus to achiev dat
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by creativemusic: 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nwadaigbo: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
De Inspector: D fool has said in his heart there is no God.(ps. 14:1). Wu r dis fools? D atheist of course. Now dis pope instead of preachin d truth, he is preachin wat they wud luv 2 hear. Woe unto d pharisee who go about in d market and high places 2 b seen by men.
yes, the bible says so. In another passage of the bible, there is this quote which says that, whoever that does all these things(supposely sin) makes God a lier. Now, whats the difference between who says there is no God and another, whoo makes God a lier by his deeds?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by emeka762001(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
As far as I'm concern many atheists re better than many so called christians of today. Even jesus said not everybody tht call lord lord will enter the kingdom of God bt those that do the will of God. So I believe if atheist does the will of God bt doesn't believe in God, he will see heaven.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ponti93(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
From catholic prophecies, i beliv dis is d last pope.lwkmd.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
End time Prophet!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by HUGES: 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I pity you the most...

We all walk by faith and not by sight.

You walk in the faith that says you believe in Heaven, fairys, Unicorns and Peter Pan..
Atheist believe that what you believe in does not exist..

They are both based on the same principle which is 'Lack of proof'..
Haba Aboki, no vex 4 me naw. Bros u see dat's why I tink Nigerian Atheists are pathetic cos undastndalby d white guys dont get to see lots of miracle (if any sef), but my pagan friends see it happen everyday. So wat more proof do dey want naw. A pastor says dis blind man was healed not by me o, but by d power of Jesus name, wat more proof do u want again

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.