Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,066 members, 7,953,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48682 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ranks007: Da Pope is of the Devilish......as usual.
ohh God have mercy on him for he knows not what he is doing
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
idnoble135: Nobody will make heaven without going through Jesus.
#Bewareoftheleavenofthisfolks
I normally don't partispate in this religious bu ha ha but I must debunk that ur analogy.
Its a great lie. Very very.
Now wait a minute, my great great grandparents will go to hell?

Recently hubby meet a woman in spain named mary. He asked her if she knows d origin of her name and she said no.
What of the bible? The woman was looking very confused. Had it not been my hubby that said this, I wouldn't have believed it. So what happens to pple like that Mary? Will she go to hell too?

Fact is that some pple don't know God and they r good, very good. So they all will go to hell?
Pls let's be practical here abeg.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
John 3:14-18 GNT

As Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the desert, in the same way the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[color =#990000] For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. [/color] For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior. Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged, because they have not believed in God's only Son.he pope is setting the foundation ready for the revealing of anti-christ.
You are seeing the unveiling of the One World Religion.

The most common scripture of the Bible shows the pope is not with God:

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by obayaya(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
italo: This is Catholic teaching from time immemoria. The Catholic Church has always taught that those who through no fault of theirs do not know the Catholic Church to be God's true faith can go to heaven if they follow their conscience and live a good life.

Did you guys really think that all your ancestors would burn in hell?

thanks bro.. the question I ask all this Jehovah witnesses, dominion city and other protestant that come to preach to me in my house is "for someone who doesn't believe in Christ by the virtue of being born into another religion other than Christianity, but keeps all the 10 commandments except maybe the first 3, from a christian perspective. will such person make heaven?"

and most of them answer no.. and that's the end of their preaching to me..

Am sure if the Pope or pastor oyedepo was born into a Muslim home, he'll still remain a Muslim. so why condemn muslims. they didn't choose the family they were born into.

this "you can't see the kingdom Of God, if you are not born again" condemnation that christians always proclaim is erroneous and should be discouraged.

I'll leave you with a word of wisdom from president putins letter to Americans

"It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s
blessings, we must not forget that God created us
equal. "

this statement I believe is valid in religious argument.. the good and upright shall receive the blessing of the lord.. something all religions teaches including our traditional religions

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by emmanbol: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
I av watched closely. I dont think anybody asked this question: do atheist believe in any heaven?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
Slim Shawty:

.I'm tempted to report ur ass cuz u,my guy,are disobeying rule 11.

SO JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS, YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO BAN MY POSTS?

THIS IS THE WAY OF THE CHRISTIAN. IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER, SILENCE, THREATHEN, BULLY AND OPPRESS THE SEEKERS OF TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by safarigirl(f): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
hbpeze: That is why i tell pple catholic is not a church*even d anglicans*was it not jesus dat said "NO ONE CAN GO THROUGH THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM"so whats ds pope sayin*
you must be one of those who attend 'bible-beleiving church' abi? It's cuz of charlatans like you that a muslim friend of mine swore to only convert to the Catholic faith if he has to try Christianity. Your mind is closed off, you have been so deceived that rather than accept all and pray for their conversion, you judge and criticise them. It is hypocrites like you that chase people away from Christianity. Preach on Pope Francis, we preach salvation for all who see the light.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by konn: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
damerry: Gbam! Critics please answer the bolded. God bless the pope joor.

go and ask the rich man and lazarus in the bible keep deceiving urself
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
John 3:14-18 GNT

As Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the desert, in the same way the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior. Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged, because they have not believed in God's only Son.

The pope is setting the foundation ready for the revealing of anti-christ.
You are seeing the unveiling of the One World Religion.

The most common scripture of the Bible shows the pope is not with God. John 3:16 above

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by idealsico(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
This pope can not stop to amuse me.Does he study his bible at all or he reads it upside down. Anyway,I am not surprised.He seeks to entertain the world since his emergence.How can he speak contrary to the bible which he carries.End time things.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Chimex30(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
I tire for this man. Mtchewwwwww
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by princesammmy: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
italo: This is Catholic teaching from time immemoria. The Catholic Church has always taught that those who through no fault of theirs do not know the Catholic Church to be God's true faith can go to heaven if they follow their conscience and live a good life.

Did you guys really think that all your ancestors would burn in hell?

JESUS is the only way to God
if d whole world will not accept him d whole world will perish in hell, dis nyt d first time, the first world was destroyed and only eight people were saved

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Judas2013: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
kartel05:
Shut up look at the pic of that accident and see aw untouched the BIBLE was.. God does exist bro

Shut up! my friend had an accident and his superman comic book remained intact. Superman does exist bro
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by mildteddy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
POPE FRANCIS IS AT IT AGAIN. finally he may have just proven that he is a heretic or worse an apostate. Any catholic who knows the doctrine very well should look into his publication very well, because my basic catholic teaching tells me that without taking the body and blood of Christ which u must believe in to receive, you will have no LIFE.
Sharp Catholics should investigate this ASAP. Thanks.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by omoawori(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Shut up! Are u God?
Brainwashed kitten
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Judas2013: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
konn:

go and ask the rich man and lazarus in the bible keep deceiving urself

where can i find them? i meant Abrahan and Lazarus cheesy
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by megajay1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
this is d first tym I am writing this, 'end time things'
is dia anything done to ppl that post such a thing?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by gerald09(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise
Watch it bro, this was how the jews saw Jesus, they believed he was going away from the scriptures, and being blasphemous. its happening again.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by christiscomin: 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Not again Pope!!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
I swear dis man is sick..yestade twas gay pple today it is atheists..
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Arysexy(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nigerian movie:

this is exactly how u do with the Bible. U read a whole passage then pick a sentence of controversy and confuse urself. Try to understand the passage not the sentence.

Don't mind them. More than 80% of those dat commented here did nt read d article but just glanced tru d topic and start blabbing. I wonder how most of them undertand d epistles written by st paul in d bible cos st paul's letters are philosophical in nature.

NLers read, assimilate before u comment!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by emmanbol: 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Anybody to explain d meaning atheism? Do they believe in God, do they believe anytin after death, do they believe in heaven? These are som question we shud get d answer first before passing judgement.
Personally, the pope is really pushing God to people even better, making them to see how useless they would if they try to help themselves via atheism. His sayings is not wrong, he is preaching d gospel in a very practical way. By the time atheist realise, they would come to christ. Read deeper fellas.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by obayaya(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
elampiro:

There is a difference between the ancestors and now. The ancestors never had the opportunity to hear about God yet history has it they still looked up to heaves (sky) when they called upon a Supreme Being. They are different from atheist who rejected the good news.

Even if atheist might be saved, the head of Christians should call them to beauty of God rather than encourage them to remain in their unbelief.

so the best way to win them for Christ is to threaten them with hell? because they were born into a family a country a region that isn't christian?

the wisdom of men is foolishness in the sight of God.

Christians should stop judging others..
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by tsmith(f): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
elampiro:

There is a difference between the ancestors and now. The ancestors never had the opportunity to hear about God yet history has it they still looked up to heaves (sky) when they called upon a Supreme Being. They are different from atheist who rejected the good news.

Even if atheist might be saved, the head of Christians should call them to beauty of God rather than encourage them to remain in their unbelief.

So you haven't answered the question raised if all ancestors would go to hell, even though they never had the opportunity to hear about God. Its a clear case if by chance you believe they might make heaven due to lack of God's knowledge, then you are thinking alongside the Pope.

Likewise atheists; they have have very good justifications within their conscience for not believing and that could just be permissible in Heaven.

So you are saying you would rather the Pope lied so people can be called to the beauty of God? I dont think that's what Christianity is about, the truth shuld be said at every given opportunity and at the end of the Day, is comes down to personal choice.

I have met some very decent and morally upright people that are not christians, but yet have more love for others than demostrated by many Christians. I feel these people actually deserve heaven more than someone with little or no consideration for others but a 'Christianity' badge.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Solowande(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
who told u so, wat abt d non christians like d moslems, where would they go, HELL?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013: waiting till he tells the truth: God doesn't exist!
i might be happy seeing ur kind in hell..anyway d will of God is 4 all men 2 come 2 d knowledge of d truth.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Kaywhy1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Dont 4get dat Jesus said dat, ''i am d way d truth and the life, no one can come to d father xept throgh me'' John14:6. And remember John3:16 which says dat ''for God so loved d world dat he gav HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, dat WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERIS BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE'- verse 18 'he who believes in him should not condemned but he who does not believes is comdemned already because he does not believed in the name of the only begotten son of GOD' so wot are u nw trying to say? sDont 4get dat Jesus said dat, ''i am d way d truth and the life, no one can come to d father xept throgh me'' John14:6. And remember John3:16 which says dat ''for God so loved d world dat he gav HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, dat WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERIS BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE'- verse 18 'he who believes in him should not condemned but he who does not believes is comdemned already because he does not believed in the name of the only begotten son of GOD' so wot are u nw trying to say? sDont 4get dat Jesus said dat, ''i am d way d truth and the life, no one can come to d father xept throgh me'' John14:6. And remember John3:16 which says dat ''for God so loved d world dat he gav HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, dat WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERIS BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE'- verse 18 'he who believes in him should not condemned but he who does not believes is comdemned already because he does not believed in the name of the only begotten son of GOD' so wot are u nw trying to say? s
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Solowande: who told u so, wat abt d non christians like d moslems, where would they go, HELL?
YES!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by frevangel(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 

John 14:16
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Psalm 14:1 
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hathsaid in his heart, There is no God.

Only one who is not a believer himself can say what the pope said or agree with him.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Godsate: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Joh_14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by danny301: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
This pope needs to be taught the way of salvation, enrolled in a foundation class and taught the fundamental issues of Christianity and the bible. For now he has no business preaching the bible because he is doing more harm than good to the the church of Jesus Christ and the kingdom of heaven.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Ishilove: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
Notin wey manpikin no go hear on top religion matter undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / Protest Against Closure Of Mbaka’s Adoration Ministries In Enugu (video) / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.