Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing (34927 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / Fayose Was Spotted With Okada Riders While Ekiti State Boils(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Realdeals(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
- Massive Hunt down Ongoing
- Enforcement beyond Lagos traffic law - motorist

The Lagos State Government have began a massive hunt down of Okada riders across the state. The crackdown which began on monday was directed by the state governor Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. The State Governor, had directed that the Police and other security agencies concerned redouble efforts to ensure the Law is complied with, assuring that the clampdown will be sustained vigorously on a daily basis.

However, motorist has complained that the crackdown is way beyond what was stipulated in the Lagos Traffic law that banned Okada. They claimed the law only barred okada services on major state road and not inner road and streets as it is been currently enforced.

They claimed Okada riders that ply inner streets and lanes that are inaccessible to commercial vehicles are also being arrested, thereby forcing untold hardship on Lagosians whose house are far from the major roads.

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigeria-news-today/2017/11/09/lagos-state-government-declares-war-okada-riders-massive-hunt-ongoing/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by GloriaNinja(f): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
I DON'T EVEN LIKE OKADA

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Remember I entered bike from festac to siamese, I pleaded the blood of Jesus from festac to siamese

28 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Benjom(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dayuum! Lagos has suddenly become a hostile state to okada riders again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by moscobabs(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
so they can add to the traffic in lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ThinkWISELY(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
I for fear o ,sey na who kan get power pass ,illegal protesters or LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Kadejo(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
Another set of unemployed team load..........

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ekensi01: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
That's some people daily bread.

Nigeria is useless to me

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
sad This is what you get when everyone wants to live in Lagos by fire by force. The number of ifesinashi buses shipping in IPOB almajiris to lagos on a daily basis is increasing by the day. These people have no economic plans in Lagos than to become traffic traders and okada riders. Once they are able to afford a room rent, they will start calling Lagos a no man's land like their mad fellows. They claim igboland has the highest mansions in the country yet they cant sit and thrive there. Their success in life is tied to Yoruba states yet they are always ungrateful and call Yoruba names at the least provocations.i support the clamp down on okada riders and fan yogo sellers. After all the population of yorubas riding okada is not up to 5%. These people must be dealt with so they can start respecting their host. The next clamp down should be on Alaba and Ladipo markets. Nonsense sad

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
dey want to force them into robbery?, make dem free okada riders biko

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Psylas(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Old bikes

Keep the environment clean

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by frisky2good(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Is there anyone that willingly decides to be an okada rider?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by skimeh(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Remember I entered bike from festac to siamese, I pleaded the blood of Jesus from festac to siamese
I'm very sure you entered the bike like a boss

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by sylviaeo(f): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
SO AFTER TAKING AWAY THEIR SOURCE OF INCOME, WAT ALTERNATIVE DID U GIVE THEM?. U WERE HIDING HOW CLUELESS U R BEFORE

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Ushebemanny: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
no wonder
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by jaheymezz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Oshey hunter......whats really going on in Nigeria self.. ...the hunter o the hunted o the huntee o all of the are mad
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by lawalosky(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by phatasschick(f): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Lomprico2: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Will this be the immediate solution to the problems in lagos? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ArchangeLucifer: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:
I DON'T EVEN LIKE OKADA

But you like private cars abi?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Marcelinho(m): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
ok
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by tete7000(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Senseless directive. People being forced to trek miles to get home. Why are these people so distant from people they governed? Useless and senseless people.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by joduseq(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
. What are you even saying Bro.... what's siamese [color=#000099][/color][i][/i]

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ibkgab001: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nigeria we hail thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by hectorswag(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nigeria... always putting the cart before the horse. What’s there in providing an affordable & alternative means of transport first before clamping down on them?

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by dabeto: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ambode producing more criminals for Xmas and new year...2018 here we come

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by Lexusgs430: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
That Okada dumping ground, no be today o........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by free2ryhme: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
may the best man wins
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by ogunladeabiodun: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by davodyguy: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good.

Most cars, will be dent free and have minor scratches

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing by blackboy2star(m): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Okada Okada Okada... the only ride that knows no traffic, free air condition cheesy but straight to hell if not careful (accident)

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House / Rivers SARS Commander Holds Umbrella For Dakuku Peterside. See Reactions / Throwback Photo Of Yahaya Bello And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.