Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126102 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mczigx(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2015
Reading excuse me! By Victor Ehikhamenor Page 41
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
Freakonomics! Believe me, you want to read this one. It's a nonfiction too.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by pdf90(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Am reading Stories of Courage by Shirley Gorson ... currently on Pg 186 Paperback ..
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by xcesswag(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
The runaway jury.....by john grisham....page 197.....reading it for d 3rdd time tho
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
RED RISING by Pierce Brown.

5 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
koonbey:
RED RISING by Pierce Brown.
You're in for a great time.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yeah, that series is pretty good. One of my favorite YA series of all time. Eagerly waiting for the last book.
That cliffhanger at the end of the second book.....

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2015
reading The Thousandfold Thought by Scott Bakker, Page 503. Great concept, really good series. It's very depressing though, the good guys don't get breaks ever but keep getting screwed over, just like Game of Thrones. It's painful watching your heroes suffer
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2015
moneyallowed:
reading The Thousandfold Thought by Scott Bakker, Page 503. Great concept, really good series. It's very depressing though, the good guys don't get breaks ever but keep getting screwed over, just like Game of Thrones. It's painful watching your heroes suffer
this is one series i'll never read again even though i enjoyed it
kehllus is a sick bastard.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
SIRcumalot:

this is one series i'll never read again even though i enjoyed it
kehllus is a sick bastard.
True, i can't wait to finish. Had enough misery to last me a while. The worst part is i can even understand where Kehllus' perspective. When all that matters to you is the shortest way, morality becomes a luxury. As Cnaiur says there is no honour, only advantage.
SIRcumalot, would you call Kellhus a hero, anti-hero or villain? I honestly don't know what to call him. Villain seems to regular for him

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
Just finished Big little lies...A stand alone.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
moneyallowed:

True, i can't wait to finish. Had enough misery to last me a while. The worst part is i can even understand where Kehllus' perspective. When all that matters to you is the shortest way, morality becomes a luxury. As Cnaiur says there is no honour, only advantage.
SIRcumalot, would you call Kellhus a hero, anti-hero or villain? I honestly don't know what to call him. Villain seems to regular for him
Anti hero bordering villainy
He'll use anybody to achieve his aim.
Which won't always be benign.
Achamian is the main protagonist.
I like some of the characters like Conphas and Cnaiur
There is a 2nd trilogy though am almost certain I'll never read it.
The strange thing about the series is it very difficult to abandon once you start it
For those than think ASOIAF is bleak try this book.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
I'm getting tired of bleak fantasy books. GRRM annoys me enough with it. I'm not saying the book should not be dark or have grim storylines but I usually want my heroes to be heroes i.e good guys by and large even if they have faults. This is why I disliked the Joe Abercrombie First law Trilogy. Give me classic story with a hero trying to be better and I'm good to go.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Kaycee7(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Anti hero bordering villainy
He'll use anybody to achieve his aim.
Which won't always be benign.
Achamian is the main protagonist.
I like some of the characters like Conphas and Cnaiur
There is a 2nd trilogy though am almost certain I'll never read it.
The strange thing about the series is it very difficult to abandon once you start it
For those than think ASOIAF is bleak try this book.
What book?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kaycee7:
What book?
The Prince of Nothing Trilogy: The Darkness That Comes Before, The Warrior Prophet and The Thousandfold Thought
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 12:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Was reading malazan book of the fallen book 3..jeezz heavy read, its like ur thrown into d middle of a raging ocean.. u jst hv to gobwit d tide.. i dnt knw gw i made it thru d first two books bt its worth it.. iit does require patiencce to read.. droppin it for a while to let ma brain breathe.. ryt nw am reading the red knight by cameron miles.. so far so gud...

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2015
@aydriano
power true house of chains its heavily features one of the most popular character in the whole series
tbh i don't think the red knight is an easy book to get through the POV are plenty.

am currently reading THE STAND.
i haven't been scarred yet but knowing the author it will happen soon enough
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 12:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Hmm i am gonna try sircumalot.. who wrote d stand lemme guess steven king.. dude writes scary weird.. i cant read his bookz.. ur ryt abt d red knight having so many POVs .. bt its still aite... can u recommend any oda fantasy book for me.. heard abt d fionavar tapestry.. sounds 2much like narnia.. wat do u tink..
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 7:03am On Jun 24, 2015
"True blue" by David Baldacci. I'm on page 20.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by danthamccoy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Reading Joe Abercrombie's Best Served Cold. It's a stand alone novel related to his First Law series. Not as enjoyable if I'm being honest. No Bloody Nine (even though I ended up kinda hating the MPD b*stard). Still a good novel though.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
aydriano:
Hmm i am gonna try sircumalot.. who wrote d stand lemme guess steven king.. dude writes scary weird.. i cant read his bookz.. ur ryt abt d red knight having so many POVs .. bt its still aite... can u recommend any oda fantasy book for me.. heard abt d fionavar tapestry.. sounds 2much like narnia.. wat do u tink..
I haven't read fionavar tapestry but you could try Lions of al rassan or Tigana by the same author.
They both are well written and very interesting.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Just finished reading the warrior prophet, picked it up from ur discussion. Nothing in d first two books suggests Khellus is a hero...just a guy on a mission

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 12:41am On Jun 25, 2015
@sircumalot i do hv lions of l rassan already.. its on my list of bookz to read... cheesy.. any oda recommendationzz grin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 3:59am On Jun 25, 2015
Found by Harlan Coben. The third book in the Mickey Bolitar series. Enjoying it so far.
And oh, my textbooks. Exams start next week!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Funjosh(m): 5:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Why You Act The Way You Do by TIM LAHAYE.

Now On Page 83 Strengthening Your Weakness. cool
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2015
aydriano:
@sircumalot i do hv lions of l rassan already.. its on my list of bookz to read... cheesy.. any oda recommendationzz grin
Red rising trilogy or you can try the Martian.

THE STAND was alright it still isn't the best Stephen king.
Eagerly awaiting the Queen of Fire.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Read a review of red rising, sounds so much lyk d hunger games, divergent series.. nt realli a fan of teenage fantasy, so repetitive
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
aydriano:
Read a review of red rising, sounds so much lyk d hunger games, divergent series.. nt realli a fan of teenage fantasy, so repetitive
Yeah its not original aside from that it is very good I don't think am doing a good job of selling this novel.
Don't write it off as just a love triangle filled teenage angst movie that gets churned out everytime it so much better than the materials it draws from.
I have only seen the 1st hunger games and couldn't finish the first chapter of divergent but I don re read red rising reach like 3 times but don't take my word there some fans of the series on this thread.

Incase you can try any of this series first law. Demon cycle, King killer chronicles,Broken empire trilogy and the stormlight archives

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ApexTitan(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
SirChotas:
Freakonomics! Believe me, you want to read this one. It's a nonfiction too.

Just downloaded it a few days ago. It's on my list of books to read next, need to see what all the hype is about.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ladej(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
When broken chords sing by Abimbola dare

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ladej(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
I have a fantastic christian fiction novella for sale. When broken chords sing by Abimbola dare. Pls email me for a copy. You won't be disappointed
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Just downloaded it a few days ago. It's on my list of books to read next, need to see what all the hype is about.
I doubt that you'll end up disappointed. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.