Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (22979 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29am On Dec 20, 2013
An Atheist View On Life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Redlyn: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2013
From the above, Christians believe they are deserving of hell
What sin can someone commit on this short time on earth that justifies ETERNAL torment. What sin? You could kill a whole city (no worse than what god has done himself) and it STILL wouldn't justify burning forever. If its the sin of others, do we deserve to pay such a huge price of someone Else's sin?
I don't accept my children are taught this nonsense. They are not perfect but they have done nothing to deserve hell.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Samatha Swartz said: "Keep posting stories from Genesis! Little can make an atheist faster than the first five books of the Bible!"

The fastest atheist-maker, is a love for sin and a desire to get away from moral accountability to God.

Watch --> www.evolutionvsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Paula M Marshall said: "Don't you think if God existed He'd give me some actual evidence? Instead of emotions and hallucinations?"

Answers:

You may have noticed that few people bother to answer your question. This is because Scripture and common sense tell us that the evidence for God's existence is axiomatic, and that only a fool denies it. See Psalm 14 and Romans one for a description of yourself and of your motives.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
"Erase all thought and fear of God from a community, and selfishness and sensuality would absorb the whole man. Appetite, knowing no restraint, and suffering, having no solace or hope, would trample in scorn on the restraints of human laws. Virtue, duty, principle, would be mocked as unmeaning sounds. A sordid self-interest would supplant every feeling; and man would become, in fact, what the theory of atheism declares him to be—a companion for brutes." - McGuffey’s 5th Eclectic Reader (1879)
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Did you hear that scientists have created a machine that can turn grass cuttings into milk? The green grass goes through a four part process and overnight becomes white full cream milk, and that good-for-you drink can easily be turned into cheese, butter, yogurt, and ice cream. The machine can be dismantled at any time and eaten, and its outer cover used for lifetime-lasting and comfortable clothing.

If you have heard about scientists creating such an far-fetched machine don’t believe it. God already made the cow, and He made it so that it could reproduce after its own kind. Richard Dawkins had one (a cow) when he watched “Evolution Vs. God.” The poor man tweeted about it five times. See why: www.evolutionvsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Cattle stand at the slaughterhouse waiting for their turn. Cattle are dumb.

Sheep follow the "Judas" sheep to the slaughter. Sheep are dumb.

Atheists are waiting to die and don't do anything about it...
when they could find everlasting life, if they obeyed the gospel.
See if you can figure what sheep, cattle, and atheists have in common.

If you're an atheist and you think that I'm provoking you, you're right. I'm provoking you to think. This is not a game. It's more serious than a heart attack. Think about your eternity. See www.needGod.com for details of how to find everlasting life.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
"Since you're an expert on atheists... tell me what exactly is it they 'believe'?" Mick Aswell

Answer:

They believe that they have no beliefs in any gods. They believe in evolution. If you don't believe that, check out www.evolutionvsGod.com and listen to them say what they believe.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Redlyn: 9:33am On Jan 04, 2014
this is bullshit after bullshit. Unfollowing.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Can there be sin without God??
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Jan 07, 2014
Kay 17:

Can there be sin without God??

Without God nothing exists. With God He created time, space and matter (energy/mass) out of nothing, by the power of His word.

On day 6 of the creation week when God saw all that He had created, He said it was "very good". Included in this creation had to be the angels and Lucifer was very good when God created him.

Pride got the better of Lucifer as he now wanted to take the place of God. He erroneously thought that he could be as great as His Creator who created him. Because God created our first parents, Mr and Mrs Adam as special humans, Lucifer wanted them to doubt, deny and disobey God.

"Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day" (Genesis 1:31).
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Cindy Martin wrote: "The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible. ~ Mark Twain."

Response:

Mark Twain wasn't an atheist, but he hated Christianity and the God of the Bible because he was sexually immoral. He instead made up his own god to suit himself. Sexual sin almost always ends up in idolatry. Some embrace the foolishness of atheism to try and rid themselves of moral responsibility, but not Mark Twain. The man was brilliant and extremely witty.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Someone said: "I don't hate God. I just don't believe He exists."

Response:

Such is the way of many cultures that if a son or daughter marries out of the faith or does something of which they strongly disagree, in the parent's minds, they no longer exist. There is no greater contempt for a person than to so hate them they don't exist in your mind.

Watch ->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
An atheist wrote: "We'll leave you alone as soon as you realize not everyone shares the same beliefs and keep your beliefs in your home and churches where they belong…none of us have the right to impose our beliefs on each other. The human race will be in a much better place when religious people learn this."

Response:

We won't be keeping the gospel to ourselves, our homes, or our churches. We are going to use every medium possible to shout the message of everlasting life from the housetops. We're coming at you to tell you that eternal life is the free gift of God--and that no one needs to end up in Hell--including you. We deeply care about you and where you spend eternity, even if you don't.

Watch -> http:///Evolution-Vs-God-YouTube
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Someone Said: "He who sees the eyes of a child beaten and molested while his God watched is a seriously sick person for believing in a God."

Response:

It is thoughtless to jump to the conclusion that nothing created everything, simply because God doesn't immediately punish evil. If He intervened and had Judgment Day today, where would you stand under the light of moral perfection? God is holding back from punishing child molesters, rapists, adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals, those who lust, hate, lie, steal and covet, because He is rich in mercy and willing to forgive all who repent and trust in Jesus.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU: How to Become an Atheist:

If you are thinking of becoming an atheist, beware. The first step is easy, but it’s not so easy to walk the walk.

You will have to ignore design when you can see it everywhere: in the universe, the atoms, the birds and the bees, the clouds and trees, the seasons, the human body, fish, flowers, fruits, feet, and even fungus. And of course, there is the amazing-looking human eye. Everywhere you look and everywhere you can't look with the human eye you will see incredible design.

Now here's the really difficult part. You will need to believe that everything man-made: cars, computers, and candies were made by man, etc., but deny that everything in nature--cattle, camels, and cabbages, etc., were made at all. It came from nothing, with no Maker.

Once you have done this, crown yourself as being intelligent. Then you will need to find other atheists who believe as you do, and they will confirm to you that you are indeed intelligent. You will also need to believe that evolution is true and that you’re an ape and therefore you are not morally responsible because apes have no moral absolutes. Never forget to always give God a small "g," and learn believers' phrases such as "Evolution is a proven fact," and "I have no beliefs in any gods."

Do these things, and you will be able to call yourself a "new" atheist. How cool is that! Well, not really. You can't be a true atheist because you need absolute knowledge to say that there is no God. Besides, you intuitively know that He exists. Still, for sin-loving sinners the benefits of atheism are great in this life. But not the next. So you are really not an atheist, and to keep with your sinful lifestyle I guess you will just have to pretend to be one. Or you could simply check out the link below:

-->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Do you actually have opinions of your own?

Intelligent design is so “yesterday’s news”, it is a creationist's argument used only by religious nut-cases and fundamentalists. In the real world Christian creationists can barely sustain the claim “God created the world”, if he did then the “ancient of Days” definitely abandoned it, otherwise creationists have to accept their God is using random processes to achieve a creative outcome. Chaos theory, the study of dynamical systems sensitive to initial changes show this conclusively, we now know that this world could not exist without the prospect of probability.

Every single day, new worlds are created and new stars are being born. They require no magic wand or the breathe of a deity to come into existence. On Tuesday NASA’s Hubble telescope scientists announced the discovery of ancient and distant galaxies bursting with stars, Four unusually bright galaxies as they appeared 13 Billion years ago, it is the deepest image ever obtained of a galaxy cluster, why would earth an insignificant mass of iron ore and water be any different?

Do I believe in an as yet incomprehensible logos or reason governing the right to be? Yes.
Do I believe the Jewish guilt and angst-ridden model of a deity that sits in petty meddlesome judgement of the miserable inconsequential lives of humanoid organisms, who have barely learnt to walk upright ? hell no

As far as creation is concerned, Christianity is already an irrelevance.

2 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
VIDEO: WATCH AS A LITTLE BOY PROVES TO HIS PROFESSOR THAT GOD DOES EXIST; YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHERE HIS REASONING COMES FROM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIzct31fEA
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2014
When I commented: "No atheist can even slightly support atheism intelligently," Elizabeth Dresser responded with "Why so arrogant, Ray?"

It’s not arrogant to say that atheism is foolishness. The Bible says that (see Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1, Romans 1:22) and Sir Isaac Newton ("the Father of Science" ) rightly called atheism "senseless."

Should a man be called "intelligent" if he believes that a 747 could be the result of an explosion that threw it together? Everyone knows that explosions don’t produce order, let alone engines, wings, an electrical system, seating, carpet, air conditioning, row numbers, doors, instruments, etc.

Such a man is a fool in the truest sense of the word, and those who think he is intelligent are just as foolish.

www.livingwaters.com

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Weah96: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Everyone knows that explosions don’t produce order, let alone engines, wings, an electrical system, seating, carpet, air conditioning, row numbers, doors, instruments, etc.

Everyone knows that living things are born, live, and die. Your deity is alive, so you say, although you believe that it wasn't born. You're not too bright either. Where have you observed a living thing without a progenitor? In fiction, that's where, ink on paper. Do you know how Jason Bourne managed to enter the office of the deputy director of the CIA while everyone was already on high alert? INK and PAPER. Rambo waltzes into a military base, singlehandedly incapacitating hundreds of NVA soldiers. How can such a thing happen? INK and PAPER. Yahweh is alive and gave birth to himself. Again , INK on PAPER.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Weah96:

Everyone knows that living things are born, live, and die. Your deity is alive, so you say, although you believe that it wasn't born. You're not too bright either. Where have you observed a living thing without a progenitor? In fiction, that's where, ink on paper. Do you know how Jason Bourne managed to enter the office of the deputy director of the CIA while everyone was already on high alert? INK and PAPER. Rambo waltzes into a military base, singlehandedly incapacitating hundreds of NVA soldiers. How can such a thing happen? INK and PAPER. Yahweh is alive and gave birth to himself. Again , INK on PAPER.

Atheist are always wrong. For your information, The infinite uncreated Creator is not a living thing. He is Life. Only living things have beginnings and endings. The Almighty God has no beginning and He has no end. He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Weah96: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Atheist are always wrong. For your information, The infinite uncreated Creator is not a living thing. He is Life. Only living things have beginnings and endings. The Almighty God has no beginning and He has no end. He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.

You're making it up, manufacturing an answer to solve the mystery. Anything with consciousness is alive. This life deity of yours seems to be aware as an observer, so it is alive. Where is the progenitor?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Weah96:

You're making it up, manufacturing an answer to solve the mystery. Anything with consciousness is alive. This life deity of yours seems to be aware as an observer, so it is alive. Where is the progenitor?

He is not just alive He is Eternal life itself, He is not a thing, He is a Spirit. A thing is what has been created, that has a beginning and an end. The infinite uncreated Creator was not created and therefore, He is not a finite thing and is not subject to the laws of nature.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Weah96: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The infinite uncreated Creator was not created and therefore, He is not a finite thing and is not subject to the laws of nature.

These are empty declarations, that's what I'm trying to say. This is a pharisaic way of saying I don't know.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Weah96:

These are empty declarations, that's what I'm trying to say. This is a pharisaic way of saying I don't know.

The truth is no longer popular these days. Ignorance is not an excuse though.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8 ).

I hope you know that Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Here the Lord is claiming that He embodies all language and all reality. He is the Word (John 1:1), embodying "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Col.2:3). He also claims to be the Eternal One and the Omnipotent One which is a more definitive claim to absolute deity. So you can now see that I did not make it up?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
"Christians make up the majority of prisons while atheists only cover about 0.2% of the entire prison population."

When prisoners are enlisted they are no doubt told to give their religious affiliation--whether they are a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian, a Hindu, etc. I’m sure that one of the reasons they ask that question is that it's probably not a good idea to put a Muslim and a Jew in the same cell. Few list their religious affiliation as being "atheist" because, as we are so often reminded, atheism is not a belief.

Most people who have some sort of belief would check "Christian" because we are still known as a Christian nation rather than a Muslim, Hindu or Jewish nation. Those atheists who keep parading this "statistic" in an effort to prove that atheists live on a higher moral ground need only look at the 110,000,000 human beings who have been slaughtered under atheistic communism, to bring them back to reality.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nervous Atheist questions Ray Comfort, a theist:

"Dear Ray Comfort. Every day new videos come out of Islamic extremists murdering innocent people, say for instance James Foley, every day you ignore this and continue to attack atheists. You attack the peaceful people and ignore the violent ones while declaring us atheists as the bad ones. You question my morals just because I'm an atheist but a good person would not ignore the suffering and murder of thousands of people which goes on every day. I know you're going to block me because you do not like to hear anything that is different to your opinions which proves insecurity about your own beliefs but this is also to your fans. Do you really want to pretend like we are the bad ones while a religion almost as large as your own is killing people for not following their teachings? We have a common enemy here, one which wants all of us dead floating down a river of our own blood. How about you put away your pathetic, childish, pointless vendetta against us and help us actually save some lives? A good few billion if Muslim extremists keep up what they are doing. Of course you won't but then I don't see how you can question my morals while you are just letting people die and we are trying to stop that." Toshino Kyoko

Rays answer:

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Before I speak about Islam, I want you to know that I don’t have a vendetta against atheists. Go through my last 100 posts and perhaps you will find one or two mentions of atheism. But I do share your concern about Muslim extremists. I was in tears when I heard of the horrible fate of James Foley.

You have a right to be fearful. If Islam gets its way, atheists, homosexuals, Jews, and Christians will be executed in the same way James Foley was murdered. But here’s the irony. For years I have watched your fellow atheists do everything they can to destroy Christianity—through constant mockery, by twisting the Bible, through hatred (I have deleted thousands of hate-filled comments), intolerance, and very real threats of legal action if God or prayer is mentioned in schools or in the public place.

You have rejected the love of Christianity—that says to love your enemies and to do good to those who despitefully use you—and now you are going to have to face the religion of hate. Islam’s agenda is a violent one, but (like the Nazis) it gains its power through politics. It will take time, but they know that it works. They politically take over small towns, larger cities, and then countries. We are seeing that happen in Europe.

You have said “We have a common enemy here, one which wants all of us dead floating down a river of our own blood.” Okay, let’s fight together. My agenda is to see people become Christians and evidence of that will be that they will replace any hatred they have with the love of God. That deals with all violence, whether it’s domestic related or terrorism.

Will you join me in battle? Do you care that much? Then you will have to come over to our side. You will have to give up your personal battle with God and surrender to Him. See www.needGod.com for details.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

I wish any of you wannabe "atheists" are courageous enough to answer the questions your professors couldn't in this videoclip.

Transcript

0:37 (Ray Comfort) You're an atheist?
0:38 I am definitely an atheist, yes.
0:39 (Ray Comfort) Why are you an atheist?
0:41 Why am I an atheist? Because there is no God.
0:43 Atheism assumes that you can disprove the existence of a God.
0:49 Agnostic is a more correct term, but I'm an atheist.

To be continued...
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2014
C.S. Lewis on Reasoning to Atheism

"Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought.

But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London.

But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an atheist or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: So I can never use thought to disbelieve in God".

- C.S. Lewis
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2014
Words of Comfort: Criminal's defence.

A criminal was once arrested for a heinous crime. Even though the evidence of his guilt was overwhelming, he wanted to defend himself rather than have faith in professionals. He decided to use the following defense.

1. He had never seen the judge, so he concluded that he didn't exist.
2. The judge that he didn't believe existed, was immoral.
3. The law books were full of contradictions.
4. The criminal, despite his crimes and guilt, thought he was a good person.

How true are the words "He who defends himself in court has a fool for a client."

Illustration: [Source] http://www.onthebox.us/…/words-of-comfort-criminals-defence…

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It’s not arrogant to say that atheism is foolishness. The Bible says that (see Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1, Romans 1:22) and Sir Isaac Newton ("the Father of Science" ) rightly called atheism "senseless."

Should a man be called "intelligent" if he believes that a 747 could be the result of an explosion that threw it together? Everyone knows that explosions don’t produce order, let alone engines, wings, an electrical system, seating, carpet, air conditioning, row numbers, doors, instruments, etc.

Such a man is a fool in the truest sense of the word, and those who think he is intelligent are just as foolish.

www.livingwaters.com

If we addressed the above with immediate causes, you would look stupid.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kay17:

If we addressed the above with immediate causes, you would look stupid.

Shoot! cool
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Shoot! cool

Can you conclusively claim that God is the immediate cause of the Universe and that all things designed must be immediately caused by an intelligent designer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Pastor Adeboye's Family Christmas Card Picture / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.