Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate (18259 Views)

Buhari Can't Fix Nigeria In Four Years - Anglican Primate / Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Appliedmaths(m): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
jas_o: You no get sense!

Little boy I understand your plight, but weren't you thought not to talk rudely to people; I mean where is your manners?. It's an open forum if your views differ from mine then air them out and quit acting like an ancient man.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Kingspin(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
ASUU dnt have any reasonable demand, is the FG a personal business that they have refuse to shift ground for their arrears to be paid in phases. ASUU, insists that the 96 billion must be pay now while FG has already release 30billion from 96billion and also release 100billion to kick off infrastructures across the varsities not minding that it a state established run and manage universities. Could infrastructural works end only today. I see double standing by ASUU. God help us.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Rogo: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
All Nigerian return to ur country for schooling. All politicians return ur children for admission strike is over.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
IS IT NOT THIS STUPID SO CALLED DEMOCRACY THAT BROUGHT BACK ALL THESE CRIMINAL UNIONS. DURING ABACHA, WHICH MONKEY FIT OPEN NYASH TALK. USELESS THIEVES.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Dbeliever(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
I almost ushered abusive words when i was yet to glance through the script. The end of the script is truely right and just. He is truely a man of God.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Appliedmaths(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
omiobo: The man of God is totally wrong. What CAN is to the churches ASUU is to the universities. Would he advise the Govt to scrap CAN.

I totally understand you, but you see the way ASUU go about their plight is so unprofessional; they're not illiterates so they should be able to draft out an effective plan to table out their complains. When ASUU goes on strike the students stay @ home helpless, FG becomes troubled but deep down these ASUU guys are on a no-work holiday which they'll still be paid for; most of them go to lecture in private schools that's double income in addition that which they'll receive after the strike has been called off. Recently the Nigerian army started th building process of a 5star hotel in enugu just as a means to diversify their source of income but ASUU are so clueless yet they claim to be professionals, this is disheartening my friend very sad.
We know the FG on their part are so clueless too, but what is the assurance that if FG releases the N500b or so to ASUU the educational system in Nigeria would improve?

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by jaso1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
@ appliedenglish not maths,
If you get sense you will know that a corrupt nation is made by its govt. A corrupt institution is as result of failure or inability of Nigeria government to sanitise the system. We are where we are now because people like you dont know and failed to know. If you've been able to call a spade a spade perhabs things would have been better. Your type cant iddentify something good since you dont know it.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Michelyr3(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
attehwole: The strike by ASUU,is a necessary sacrifice we must make,inorder to correct the rot in the tertiary school system.We have to correct this madness.Getting a decent job with a Nigerian certificate,is now a nightmare.Nigerians are too chicken hearted,to make sacrifices.
what is dis one saying, hw many times did u hear dat universities in Ghana went on strike to reach wia dey r 2day? Do u foolishly think dat strike is d way for change? Sori my bro, dats a big lie, its for there own selfish interest.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Afritop(m): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
That man should mind his business in the church and not degenerate the situation on ground. He ought to advise the federal govt to live up to their responsibility of funding public schools and universities and to stop their excesses in their departments including addressing the state of corruption in the country especially the oil and gas industry. As an Anglican primate I believe he is aware that ASUU members also comprise men and women of God who wants the situation to be settled peacefully and amicably
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by TechyGuy: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigerians are so selective in their sense of what is RIGHT or BAD. It depends on whose on the receiving end.

I recall in 2012, the govt secured a court order barring NLC and TUC from embarking on the fuel subsidy strike but because it was convenient for the labour leaders to disobey the court order, the strike and protests went without that order being vacated. Many Nigerians cheered them on. But if the FG or PDP disobeys court order tomorrow, all hell will be let loose. Are the labour unions above the law?

The same applies to ASUU. Where else in the world do a group of bandits who call themselves ASUU close the doors of the universities whenever they have grievances, whether senseless or sensible? If we criticise govt for not providing for us the best of what we see in advanced countries, shouldn't we also criticise ASUU or other labour unions for this shameless practice? If people that work in Channelstv or AIT close shop every time they are owed salaries or they want salary increase, wont those TV stations have died by now? Can you imagine that these self-serving ASUU have closed the universities for about 30months in the last 10years, ie about 20% of days within the period? Trade unionism is now becoming an alternative govt, especially at the federal level. NLC and TUC in Nigeria are automatically programmed to oppose fuel subsidy removal. It is time the govt finds lasting solution to ASUU and other labour unions madness. We cannot continue like this.

Thank you for the points.
When I was in school, I got angry at the lecturers when I thought that after paying my school fees, they still went on strike for 3 months!
If you didn't pay, you are not allowed to seat for the exams, yet after you pay, they can decide to close the gates at will.

I watched on CNN recently how that the leading economy in Africa, South Africa, have 2 unions in the mining industry alone.
One union was on strike and the other refused to join in the strike.

What ASUU is doing is immoral and self-serving like the Clergyman said.

Yes, the government should do more but the fact that these lecturers will still get paid for the time school was shut down is just appalling and criminal!
If they are to stay out of office for a whole year, they deprive the students, Nation, FG, and all, yet collect their pay smiling.

Labour Relations Act (South Africa)
The Labour Relations Act was passed in 1995, and subsequently experienced major amendments in 1996, 1998 and 2002. Its stated purpose is to "give effect to section 27 of the Constitution" by regulating organisational rights of trade unions, promoting collective bargaining, regulating the right to strike and the recourse to lockouts, as well as providing mechanisms for dispute resolution and the establishment of Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court as superior courts, "with exclusive jurisdiction to decide matters arising from the Act". The act also addresses employee participation in decision-making, and international law obligations in respect to labour relations.
The Labour Relations Act does not apply to the South African National Defence Force, the National Intelligence Agency, or the South African Secret Service.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by jaso1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Afritop: That man should mind his business in the church and not degenerate the situation on ground. He ought to advise the federal govt to live up to their responsibility of funding public schools and universities and to stop their excesses in their departments and addressing the state of corruption in the country especially the oil and gas industry

Ask wether any of his son is in public university. H e earned his living via the poor who cant afford private university yet he refused to assit them by calling govt to other. He knows that the day those poor who paid tites whish he uses to pay fees for his children realise this fact he will be stone to death.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Dospix(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
attehwole: The strike by ASUU,is a necessary sacrifice we must make,inorder to correct the rot in the tertiary school system.We have to correct this madness.Getting a decent job with a Nigerian certificate,is now a nightmare.Nigerians are too chicken hearted,to make sacrifices.
What rot are you talking about? why haven't they corrected the rot through all the incessant strike they embarked on in time past? I just hate it when people make comment without critically considering the effect of this strike on some parents and students. ASUU, is a wicked union bent on destroying the future of Nigeria Students. I hate those greedy selfish ASUU people.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by sugardaddy1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Disband ASUU? Anyway, which Nigerian "reverend" doesn't want a private jet these days undecided
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by skiguy123(m): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
Touch not mai Anointed..If not ehn
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by sugardaddy1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
^^^ Your annointed should better keep to his area of jurisdiction. If not, he will not only be touched, but hugged as well! cheesy
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ninocia18(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Can't believe someone wud be saying this in this age. Really saddens me that it's coming from from someone that should be the voice against corrupting rather than boost the opportunities for more decadence. Sucks mehn. angry angry
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ninocia18(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Can't believe someone wud be saying this in this age. Really saddens me that it's coming from from someone who should be a voice against corruption rather than boost the opportunities for more decadence. Sucks mehn. angry angry
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Johnsinia(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
I find it very hard to believe that the people supporting this wicked and selfish act by ASUU are good studnts. How can a group closs down a nation uni for any reason? If they claim that they are doing it for the studnt, is'nt it an irony? Can any group closs down any sector in America bc the govt faild to pay them? I doubt that, instead, they will protest peacefully for their voice to b heard.
I ve come to conclussion that all these ppl supporting ASUU strike falls into one of these categories below:
1. They are nt studnts
2. They have issues with their GPA hence, they prefered a short down of educatn in Nig. What do u expect a person with a GP of 1.0 or 1.5 to b doing in sch.
3. Are frustrated with educatn. As if educatn na force, why nt go into businex and leave us the studnt alone.
4. Are broke hence, they want the strike to linger a little while. Guys in this category, u r nt the only studnt that needs money, i too need it like mad bt i wil neva pray for anytin that will delay my graduating as 4 when due. I work during holidays to make ends meet and leave the rest 4 God.
5. Hate Jonathan and PDP and are whiling to do anytin to frustrate them even at the expanse of the nation economy and the studnts, they dnt care.
6. Are Boko haram. "Western educatn is a sin." their plans to turn Nig into a nation of fools is gradually coming to fulfilmt. God 4bid.

Strike destroy a nation. It is neva and has neva been a tool to draw the attentn of any govt in the world. Rather, it is a tool used by a group of bitter individuals to bring the govt and the nation as a whole to shambles. What do strike leave us with? Loses, backwardnex, death, hunger, etc. All strikers are terrorist. the same way terrorist short down the economy of a nation is the same way strikers short down the nation's economy.

Strike is nt the way forward and can neva be. It is a tool used by the oppositn to the ruling party to frustrate their govt. The only way forward is CONTINOUS DIALOGUE AND PEACEFUL PROTEST. This is a tool used by 'real educated peace loving people' without causing a disruption to any sector of the economy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by peace3: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
FG SHOULD FIRST DISBAND CAN.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by sugardaddy1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Johnsinia: I find it very hard to believe that the people supporting this wicked and selfish act by ASUU are good studnts. How can a group closs down a nation uni for any reason? If they claim that they are doing it for the studnt, is'nt it an irony? Can any group closs down any sector in America bc the govt faild to pay them? I doubt that, instead, they will protest peacefully for their voice to b heard.
I ve come to conclussion that all these ppl supporting ASUU strike falls into one of these categories below:
1. They are nt studnts
2. They have issues with their GPA hence, they prefered a short down of educatn in Nig. What do u expect a person with a GP of 1.0 or 1.5 to b doing in sch.
3. Are frustrated with educatn. As if educatn na force, why nt go into businex and leave us the studnt alone.
4. Are broke hence, they want the strike to linger a little while. Guys in this category, u r nt the only studnt that needs money, i too need it like mad bt i wil neva pray for anytin that will delay my graduating as 4 when due. I work during holidays to make ends meet and leave the rest 4 God.
5. Hate Jonathan and PDP and are whiling to do anytin to frustrate them even at the expanse of the nation economy and the studnts, they dnt care.
6. Are Boko haram. "Western educatn is a sin." their plans to turn Nig into a nation of fools is gradually coming to fulfilmt. God 4bid.

Strike destroy a nation. It is neva and has neva been a tool to draw the attentn of any govt in the world. Rather, it is a tool used by a group of bitter individuals to bring the govt and the nation as a whole to shambles. What do strike leave us with? Loses, backwardnex, death, hunger, etc. All strikers are terrorist. the same way terrorist short down the economy of a nation is the same way strikers short down the nation's economy.

Strike is nt the way forward and can neva be. It is a tool used by the oppositn to the ruling party to frustrate their govt. The only way forward is CONTINOUS DIALOGUE AND PEACEFUL PROTEST. This is a tool used by 'real educated peace loving people' without causing a disruption to any sector of the economy.
The strike has offered you a golden opportunity to pass your carry overs. Pls use it wisely!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Chigorkizz(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Every country has their own problem bt our citizens always considers ours to be the worst.why?

We never want to support d FG even when they are slightly right jst because we've levied all our misfortunes on them.

OMG!when are we going to be sincere jst for once.
Nobody is finding fault on ASUU jst because FG is involved.
U said the strike shud continue cause it doesn't affect ur pay.
U said the strike is for the betterment of the nigerian students mean-while u're plying ur trade in private universities.

U've nothing to lose even when d students suffer.u put d blame on d FG pulling out of negotiation.
Same students that u molest,degrade and never come 2 their aid when they were shot by d military in protest...

U better stop using the students as a bait to achieve ur desire.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by habufarid(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
greatest man: Why ASUU what of CAN?
# NO BEEFING I AM CHRISTIAN
gud talk my broda.......
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=Johnsinia]I find it very hard to believe that the people supporting this wicked and selfish act by ASUU are good studnts. How can a group closs down a nation uni for any reason? If they claim that they are doing it for the studnt, is'nt it an irony? Can any group closs down any sector in America bc the govt faild to pay them? I doubt that, instead, they will protest peacefully for their voice to b heard.
I ve come to conclussion that all these ppl supporting ASUU strike falls into one of the
no wonder Southwest are fully in support of the strike. Always looking for any means to discredit GEJ
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by siino(m): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
ASSU, INEC, KIdnapping n Violence whc 1 didn't really get any message here!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Hopez456(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
The primary school pupils and myself got home the same time, theirs was due to vacation mine was because of strike now they are set to resume on monday and I am still at home. I have watched tv to an extent I never imagined. Got to know names of actor and actresses I didn't care about before. The environment is not even conducive for reading. Very tired of the whole mess. It's high time something serious is done.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by lazbay(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
I suspect dat this man called Primate is working towards getting a private jet like Pastor Oritsejafor of CAN by praising d President. That is d only reason why he could shamelessly say this rubbish & be praising GEJ. Greed don spoil d altar.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by lazbay(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hmmmmm Private jet things
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by incrediblestev: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
agitator: Are we under military rule? People should know the certain issues before talking. There is a provision of the constitution that allows "freedom of association." Yu have to remove/modify/expunge/ etc that section from the constitution first.

It was the same thing that played out during the north implementing sharia. Everybody was waiting for OBJ to stop sharia, a power the constitution doesn't confer on him.

If there is any problem with the constitution, let the national assembly change the law(s), then the executive implement.

Nigerian's have been under military rule for long that we don't understand what democracy is all about. We continue to imagine the President/Governor/LGA Chairman can just give orders. undecided undecided undecided
Let us not undermine the usefulness of freedom of association, every law has its limits and per-requisites, there is no law that is absolute in itself, if I were to follow your version of freedom, then it will be ok for me to join the bokoharam sect and be justified. ASSU's existence has caused more harm than good to our education system, and yes, there is no country I know of where there is an academic union that compels every University in a country to embark on a compulsive strike even when members are not disposed to joining in. Do you know of the brawl that has been going on between ASSU and University of illorin to the point the management had to sack over 40 lecturers who were members to the union for their disruptive antics and tendencies every time there was a disagreement, today Univeristy of Illorin is better for it, they are not on strike and academic sessions are not disrupted by the greedy power play of a few. Even the private sector wont allow unionism because of its degenerative antics to constantly use disruptive means to solve their problems bad enough, you dont see these union leaders when thesame management and FG they constantly fight when school fees are unjustly hiked or students taken advantage of by lazy lecturers. ASSU needs to be either overhauled or reduced to individual University, they have outlived their usefulness as it is now.

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Tushnigerian(f): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
jas_o:

Ask wether any of his son is in public university. H e earned his living via the poor who cant afford private university yet he refused to assit them by calling govt to other. He knows that the day those poor who paid tites whish he uses to pay fees for his children realise this fact he will be stone to death.

A
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Hunkyimage(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
sammy329: This guy is really a primate
Do u mean a primate lyk an ape,a chimpanzee or sth?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ayobase(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigerians are so selective in their sense of what is RIGHT or BAD. It depends on whose on the receiving end.

I recall in 2012, the govt secured a court order barring NLC and TUC from embarking on the fuel subsidy strike but because it was convenient for the labour leaders to disobey the court order, the strike and protests went without that order being vacated. Many Nigerians cheered them on. But if the FG or PDP disobeys court order tomorrow, all hell will be let loose. Are the labour unions above the law?

The same applies to ASUU. Where else in the world do a group of bandits who call themselves ASUU close the doors of the universities whenever they have grievances, whether senseless or sensible? If we criticise govt for not providing for us the best of what we see in advanced countries, shouldn't we also criticise ASUU or other labour unions for this shameless practice? If people that work in Channelstv or AIT close shop every time they are owed salaries or they want salary increase, wont those TV stations have died by now? Can you imagine that these self-serving ASUU have closed the universities for about 30months in the last 10years, ie about 20% of days within the period? Trade unionism is now becoming an alternative govt, especially at the federal level. NLC and TUC in Nigeria are automatically programmed to oppose fuel subsidy removal. It is time the govt finds lasting solution to ASUU and other labour unions madness. We cannot continue like this.

Which kin talk be this!

So, government should always eat the cake and have it.

This is democrazy, not military rule my brother.

So, no body should do the check and balance!

Not that I don't accept ur theory, but what happens when someone is being pushed to the wall?

Governmenr sometimes need confrontations to tread carefully!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ayobase(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2013

Which kin talk be this!

So, government should always eat the cake and have it.

This is democrazy, not military rule my brother.

So, no body should do the check and balance!

Not that I don't accept ur theory, but what happens when someone is being pushed to the wall?

Governmenr sometimes need confrontations to tread carefully!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Officially Releases Presidential Results. / Okowa’s Defence Lawyer Loses N44.6m In Delta Hotel / Jackson Adebayo Shot By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.