Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate (18258 Views)

Buhari Can't Fix Nigeria In Four Years - Anglican Primate / Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by gogodaye(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Primate Okoh's paid biased admonitions are truly reflective of his background~Nigeria's military. For him to find nothing wrong with the governments' resolve not to honour an agreement it voluntarily entered into with ASUU begs the issue and greatly reflects the fact that he is only selective of the verses he spews out to meet the peculair needs of his selective audience. After all the bible dictates that every employee be paid his earned wages. He should simply practice what he preaches........

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Brennie001: 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
What do what do we do to ASUU? Disolve the union. Some of this lecturers are teaching in a private university that's why they don't want to collect what FG has given them...
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Zane2point4(m): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
OMG people are so funny o,the same lecturers that see themselves as God,that doesn't even care weather a student learn or not,that doesn't even comes to lectures,that bullies and impregnants female students are now suddenly fighting for the students course,you guys should better wisen up.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by sugardaddy1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Brennie001: What do what do we do to ASUU? Disolve the union. Some of this lecturers are teaching in a private university that's why they don't want to collect what FG has given them...
Any evidence to substantiate the bolded?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ProfOgogoro: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Johnsinia: I find it very hard to believe that the people supporting this wicked and selfish act by ASUU are good studnts. How can a group closs down a nation uni for any reason? If they claim that they are doing it for the studnt, is'nt it an irony? Can any group closs down any sector in America bc the govt faild to pay them? I doubt that, instead, they will protest peacefully for their voice to b heard.
I ve come to conclussion that all these ppl supporting ASUU strike falls into one of these categories below:
1. They are nt studnts
2. They have issues with their GPA hence, they prefered a short down of educatn in Nig. What do u expect a person with a GP of 1.0 or 1.5 to b doing in sch.
3. Are frustrated with educatn. As if educatn na force, why nt go into businex and leave us the studnt alone.
4. Are broke hence, they want the strike to linger a little while. Guys in this category, u r nt the only studnt that needs money, i too need it like mad bt i wil neva pray for anytin that will delay my graduating as 4 when due. I work during holidays to make ends meet and leave the rest 4 God.
5. Hate Jonathan and PDP and are whiling to do anytin to frustrate them even at the expanse of the nation economy and the studnts, they dnt care.
6. Are Boko haram. "Western educatn is a sin." their plans to turn Nig into a nation of fools is gradually coming to fulfilmt. God 4bid.

Strike destroy a nation. It is neva and has neva been a tool to draw the attentn of any govt in the world. Rather, it is a tool used by a group of bitter individuals to bring the govt and the nation as a whole to shambles. What do strike leave us with? Loses, backwardnex, death, hunger, etc. All strikers are terrorist. the same way terrorist short down the economy of a nation is the same way strikers short down the nation's economy.

Strike is nt the way forward and can neva be. It is a tool used by the oppositn to the ruling party to frustrate their govt. The only way forward is CONTINOUS DIALOGUE AND PEACEFUL PROTEST. This is a tool used by 'real educated peace loving people' without causing a disruption to any sector of the economy.

R.I.P. Education... Smh

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ProfOgogoro: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Zane2point4: OMG people are so funny o,the same lecturers that see themselves as God,that doesn't even care weather a student learn or not,that doesn't even comes to lectures,that bullies and impregnants female students are now suddenly fighting for the students course,you guys should better wisen up.

R.I.P. Education... SMH
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by eluquenson(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
This man don drink gegemu, I wonder how someone will never thing before talking.
Na real Primate grin tongue
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Thebrightest(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lilaex:
Nawa 4 you ooo!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by eluquenson(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kingspin: ASUU dnt have any reasonable demand, is the FG a personal business that they have refuse to shift ground for their arrears to be paid in phases. ASUU, insists that the 96 billion must be pay now while FG has already release 30billion from 96billion and also release 100billion to kick off infrastructures across the varsities not minding that it a state established run and manage universities. Could infrastructural works end only today. I see double standing by ASUU. God help us.

So you thought that ASUU request is meant for their pocket? Or how do people reason.
This country has too much money whereby our govt are looting billions on daily basis & someone is opening his wide mouth that education doesn't need to be furnished with what sort of finance is required.
I beg reason well.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by abbeycial: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
attehwole: The strike by ASUU,is a necessary sacrifice we must make,inorder to correct the rot in the tertiary school system.We have to correct this madness.Getting a decent job with a Nigerian certificate,is now a nightmare.Nigerians are too chicken hearted,to make sacrifices.
u sound like them...sacrifice ma foot!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by abbeycial: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
eluquenson:

So you thought that ASUU request is meant for their pocket? Or how do people reason.
This country has too much money whereby our govt are looting billions on daily basis & someone is opening his wide mouth that education doesn't need to be furnished with what sort of finance is required.
I beg reason well.
ASSU are just greedy goats,those vagabonds earn well,live large,rarely deliver in their academic functions,harass students sexually and financially bla bla....simply put,dey want their share of d nigerian loot.
ASSU needs to sanitize their dirty,unprofessional acts den I wld reason wit. dem in fighting d govt extravagance.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by onyeka205(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

I totally understand you, but you see the way ASUU go about their plight is so unprofessional; they're not illiterates so they should be able to draft out an effective plan to table out their complains. When ASUU goes on strike the students stay @ home helpless, FG becomes troubled but deep down these ASUU guys are on a no-work holiday which they'll still be paid for; most of them go to lecture in private schools that's double income in addition that which they'll receive after the strike has been called off. Recently the Nigerian army started th building process of a 5star hotel in enugu just as a means to diversify their source of income but ASUU are so clueless yet they claim to be professionals, this is disheartening my friend very sad.
We know the FG on their part are so clueless too, but what is the assurance that if FG releases the N500b or so to ASUU the educational system in Nigeria would improve?

The only language the Government understands is strike. ASUU has exploited other options since 2009 before opting for the strike action. Other options did not move the Gvernment. Meanwhile, ASUU is not asking that the N500b be given to them to spend, they are saying that the Govenment should fund the educational system with that amount. This money would be given to the governing council which are Government appointees and not ASUU. The money would be used to provide enough classrooms, seats, laboratory equipment and other teaching aids that will enhance the quality of education in Nigeria. The other one being demanded is for the earned allowances which were already stipulated by the Government but allowed to accumulate. This is the true situation in ASUU struggle.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mr bishop or whatever you call yourself I guess must have collected a brown envelop from your brother bad luck egbere jonotan. How can you say that ASUU should be wiped out for GOD sake. I am a Nigeria student and my parent are paying through there nose with hard labour to pay my school fees. if it now happens that all federal universities are privatized how do you expect me to get school fee that means all m hope of being a graduate will be lost forever. You called yourself a man of God and yet you don't have the thoughts of masses at heath. Pls next time in your Bishop conference if you don't have better thing to discuss, I kindly recommend that you people should deliberate more on the issue of 13 year old girls giving into marriage . And again Sir you should take into consideration that if only FG can allocate the 26% of the annual budget to education as stipulated by the UNESCO I don't think there would be any problem, talk less of ASSU going on STRIKE. Kindly note that it is not only academic allowances they are fighting for other issues include proper funding of the University(all federal and states university Lack enough accommodation for us students and most of us stayed outside the campus. Lack of enough lecture rooms,at. Least 60% of us do stand to receive lecture if it a university course to mention a few. So pls Sir I will really appreciate if you stop making bad comments about them
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
gogodaye: Primate Okoh's paid biased admonitions are truly reflective of his background~Nigeria's military. For him to find nothing wrong with the governments' resolve not to honour an agreement it voluntarily entered into with ASUU begs the issue and greatly reflects the fact that he is only selective of the verses he spews out to meet the peculair needs of his selective audience. After all the bible dictates that every employee be paid his earned wages. He should simply practice what he preaches........
Thank you my friend you have just said it all
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
awodman:
www.punchng.com/news/fg-should-disband-ASUU-anglican-primate/
has the Bishop become a politician
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by McLuhan(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dear man of God, does the Bible not say that a labourer deserves his wages? Why then are you arguing that ASUU should be disbanded for insisting on the payment of their earned allowances? And does the Holy Book not admonish us to keep our word, that our yes should be yes and our nay, nay? Why then are you not calling on the Federal Government to honour an agreement that it freely entered into? Or are you preaching a gospel of doublespeak, with one set of rules for the powerful and another set of rules for the weak?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Forwetinnah: 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Like seriously..they should!! Lecturers are now bloody politicians. A case of every1 "wanting to chop the National Cake". You hardly find them in Lecture halls yet they want big Salaries. No be their fault, na our politicians cause am
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
Johnsinia: I find it very hard to believe that the people supporting this wicked and selfish act by ASUU are good studnts. How can a group closs down a nation uni for any reason? If they claim that they are doing it for the studnt, is'nt it an irony? Can any group closs down any sector in America bc the govt faild to pay them? I doubt that, instead, they will protest peacefully for their voice to b heard.
I ve come to conclussion that all these ppl supporting ASUU strike falls into one of these categories below:
1. They are nt studnts
2. They have issues with their GPA hence, they prefered a short down of educatn in Nig. What do u expect a person with a GP of 1.0 or 1.5 to b doing in sch.
3. Are frustrated with educatn. As if educatn na force, why nt go into businex and leave us the studnt alone.
4. Are broke hence, they want the strike to linger a little while. Guys in this category, u r nt the only studnt that needs money, i too need it like mad bt i wil neva pray for anytin that will delay my graduating as 4 when due. I work during holidays to make ends meet and leave the rest 4 God.
5. Hate Jonathan and PDP and are whiling to do anytin to frustrate them even at the expanse of the nation economy and the studnts, they dnt care.
6. Are Boko haram. "Western educatn is a sin." their plans to turn Nig into a nation of fools is gradually coming to fulfilmt. God 4bid.

Strike destroy a nation. It is neva and has neva been a tool to draw the attentn of any govt in the world. Rather, it is a tool used by a group of bitter individuals to bring the govt and the nation as a whole to shambles. What do strike leave us with? Loses, backwardnex, death, hunger, etc. All strikers are terrorist. the same way terrorist short down the economy of a nation is the same way strikers short down the nation's economy.

Strike is nt the way forward and can neva be. It is a tool used by the oppositn to the ruling party to frustrate their govt. The only way forward is CONTINOUS DIALOGUE AND PEACEFUL PROTEST. This is a tool used by 'real educated peace loving people' without causing a disruption to any sector of the economy.
1billion likes! You'r so on point
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by PedroJP(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
attehwole: The strike by ASUU,is a necessary sacrifice we must make,inorder to correct the rot in the tertiary school system.We have to correct this madness.Getting a decent job with a Nigerian certificate,is now a nightmare.Nigerians are too chicken hearted,to make sacrifices.

Pls, will this sacrifice once achieved stop the lecturers from extorting money from students and stop that mark down syndrome in them, though i'm not refering to all lecturers ? Just asking
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by kristosky(m): 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: Misleading title + Primate beating about the bush, be like say this man just collect in monthly allocation...
watch what u say!! Be warned!!!!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Appliedmaths(m): 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
Abeg I'm in a bad mood chelsea don lose match, my take is this; let there be a 60:40 private-public privatisation process in the tertiary education system cause it seems as if the FG alone cannot handle the whole thing. If the only language they understand is strike then we still have a long way to go, infact let the whole country be partially privatised(60:40 with a private upper hand would do) we want efficiency and at this point we don't mind the cost though it ought to be properly regulated. Apart from this, na skelewu FG and ASUU go they dance 9months go pass.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by abusol: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
What a Hell? May I ask the Man of God, is any of the politicians and religious leaders children schooling in any of the Nigeria Universities? Has the so called Man of God be to any of the Universities? Did he ask which of the Universities are using modern equipments in lecturing students?
HoW can Nigeria achieve vision 20 20 20 if proper attention is not shifted to Education.
They are busy sending their children to abroad to school so that they could achieve the vision
What hope do Nigeria Masses have.. A man that claim to be a lecturer and PhD holder for that matter could open his eye and see lecturers are on strike for over a month..
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Winnerslfc(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigerians are so selective in their sense of what is RIGHT or BAD. It depends on whose on the receiving end.

I recall in 2012, the govt secured a court order barring NLC and TUC from embarking on the fuel subsidy strike but because it was convenient for the labour leaders to disobey the court order, the strike and protests went without that order being vacated. Many Nigerians cheered them on. But if the FG or PDP disobeys court order tomorrow, all hell will be let loose. Are the labour unions above the law?

The same applies to ASUU. Where else in the world do a group of bandits who call themselves ASUU close the doors of the universities whenever they have grievances, whether senseless or sensible? If we criticise govt for not providing for us the best of what we see in advanced countries, shouldn't we also criticise ASUU or other labour unions for this shameless practice? If people that work in Channelstv or AIT close shop every time they are owed salaries or they want salary increase, wont those TV stations have died by now? Can you imagine that these self-serving ASUU have closed the universities for about 30months in the last 10years, ie about 20% of days within the period? Trade unionism is now becoming an alternative govt, especially at the federal level. NLC and TUC in Nigeria are automatically programmed to oppose fuel subsidy removal. It is time the govt finds lasting solution to ASUU and other labour unions madness. We cannot continue like this.
Well said but I know some daft heads here will keep defending their useless ASUU, SCRAP ASUU SCRAP ASUU FOR GOOD,
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by incrediblestev: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
abusol: What a Hell? May I ask the Man of God, is any of the politicians and religious leaders children schooling in any of the Nigeria Universities? Has the so called Man of God be to any of the Universities? Did he ask which of the Universities are using modern equipments in lecturing students?
HoW can Nigeria achieve vision 20 20 20 if proper attention is not shifted to Education.
They are busy sending their children to abroad to school so that they could achieve the vision
What hope do Nigeria Masses have.. A man that claim to be a lecturer and PhD holder for that matter could open his eye and see lecturers are on strike for over a month..
My guy you will do well to comment with facts and not mere exaggerations and out of no where comparisons.
There is no University anywhere in the UK or Europe that is 100% funded by the government, you can not even compare the amount a student in any of the universities pay to the near nothing public university students pay, so what are you yapping about.

The endowment funds of Oxford alone is like more than a hundred times more than our entire education system, you think such funds come from the pockets of the governments? If the FG decides to give full autonomy to school management to generate its own funds do you think an average Nigerian parent will be able yo meet up?

And you obviously don't seem to fully understand the issues here if you think this perennial strikes will do anything to better education in this country. It goes beyond salaries and emoluments of just university lecturers, they only make up a minute fraction of the recurrent expenditure in the education sector that FG spends money. Education does not revolve around the salaries of University lecturers, they are not the only ones who are players in the sector, holding everyone to ransom just because they have disagreement with their employers is not only selfish but also exacerbating the already bad situation.

Let's be realistic here, no matter what anyone thinks or how inappropriate the shenanigans going on in our polity is, there is little justification in the position of ASSU, successful government may have been dishonest in meeting some of the agreements but that can not be used as a justification to take an uncompromising position where you conclude to say until all of your demands are met you won't bulge, that is unreasonable and selfish, and I font see how such a stance helps education in this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by MitchDLeo(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2013
I dont school in Nigeria, i dont know much about ASUU, but i have one question to ask you guys who go to universities in naija, WHATS THE GUARANTEE THAT ASUU WONT GO ON STRIKE AGAIN AFTER THE GOVERNMENT MEETS THEIR NEEDS . HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT SOME MEMBERS OF ASUU WONT STEAL AND LAUNDER THE MONEY TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY LIKE SOME POLITICIANS? I THINK SOME OF YOU SHOULD BEGIN TO QUESTION ASUU BECAUSE I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD TRUST THEM undecided undecided undecided. they might not be so different from FG and perhaps one more question, which is more important to them YOU THEIR STUDENTS OR THE INCREASE IN WAGES THEY WANT
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by MitchDLeo(m): 12:11am On Sep 15, 2013
All the schools I know in Europe are responsible for their lecturers wages not the government, thats why private universities keep moving forward without delays in naija. If naija keeps relying too much on FG, only the rich will continue to benefit from that not the poor. Thats reallity
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Lamasta(m): 1:02am On Sep 15, 2013
I will comment when a Sheik voice his opinion on the ASUU/FG case but until then am just observing.......
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Wolef7(m): 1:32am On Sep 15, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

My brother, if no be say ASUU dey on strike now and your guy nor see any work do walahi I for transfer BIS money into your account, you said it all bro!. ASUU on the other hand are so crude in their mode of operations they go out there to cry while inside they're the most corrupt of all, as lecturers they don't care about us, they collect blocking, as our girls for sex, mark our scripts anyhow as if we were the ones that cause their problems, come to class when the day is bright. Abeg! Make dem disband dis yeye ASUU and privatise the system jare, if na 40k tops go be our school fees then it's ok jare.
What is this one saying?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by uceee(m): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Mitch D Leo: I dont school in Nigeria, i dont know much about ASUU, but i have one question to ask you guys who go to universities in naija, WHATS THE GUARANTEE THAT ASUU WONT GO ON STRIKE AGAIN AFTER THE GOVERNMENT MEETS THEIR NEEDS . HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT SOME MEMBERS OF ASUU WONT STEAL AND LAUNDER THE MONEY TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY LIKE SOME POLITICIANS? I THINK SOME OF YOU SHOULD BEGIN TO QUESTION ASUU BECAUSE I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD TRUST THEM undecided undecided undecided. they might not be so different from FG and perhaps one more question, which is more important to them YOU THEIR STUDENTS OR THE INCREASE IN WAGES THEY WANT
Anybody who knows ASUU will understand that even if all their demands are met they'll find a reason to go on strike next year. ASUU strike is a yearly event, they can't afford to miss.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2013
Mitch D Leo: I dont school in Nigeria, i dont know much about ASUU, but i have one question to ask you guys who go to universities in naija, WHATS THE GUARANTEE THAT ASUU WONT GO ON STRIKE AGAIN AFTER THE GOVERNMENT MEETS THEIR NEEDS . HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT SOME MEMBERS OF ASUU WONT STEAL AND LAUNDER THE MONEY TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY LIKE SOME POLITICIANS? I THINK SOME OF YOU SHOULD BEGIN TO QUESTION ASUU BECAUSE I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD TRUST THEM undecided undecided undecided. they might not be so different from FG and perhaps one more question, which is more important to them YOU THEIR STUDENTS OR THE INCREASE IN WAGES THEY WANT
Goat haed you better keep shut.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by muktarmtt(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2013
mayorall: Just scared of saying something bad about a man of God.
man of god my foot he is very stupid 2 say dat band ASUU who tell is goverment oganisation
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by muktarmtt(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2013
grin
olusolaj: This act of madness by ASUU is purely political. APC is using the medium to fustrate the government of PDP. I call it dirty game playing by APC (yoruba ACN collaborates with hausa CPC) to win the 2015 election for their selfish interest.
The truth is bitter but must be told.
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA
If it's true as u said daz mean u r in big trouble course only igbos nd oda minority tribes cn not do anyting even in numbers i mean poppulation dis show u r finshd my broda dere is nfing u cn do abt it sucker hahaha i luv dis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai Receives Nigerian Soldier Who Won Lagos International Boxing Tournament / Peter Obi Celebrates His 59 Birthday Today / Lekki Rumoured Attacks On Police Is False, Mischievous - Lagos Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.