Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate (18257 Views)

Buhari Can't Fix Nigeria In Four Years - Anglican Primate / Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nauttyprof(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
Sometimes I just laugh with the way things are handled in this country. Now ASUU is seen as being wrong while FG is right. It just amazes me that when there are several complains about the Educational sector of the country being not up to standard, to which the President attested to at a point in time, and yet nothing was done, we could then turn back by swallowing our vomit for ASUU not to fight a just course. Day by day, we experience infastructural decay and our lecturers who build the minds of tomorrow are not well paid, n yet we expect nothing but the best for them, is that not magic we are expecting from them? So sad the way the country is being run. When it comes to getting private jets n bullet proof cars n all sort of things, they are treatec with great urgency. Hmmm...... which way Naija.

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by mubalex50(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2013
Chillext: If ASUU should be disbanded, every other labour union too, should be disbanded.

....let me reason again........
.....Yea I strongly agree wit u, CANN, should also dismantle & disband.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by omiobo: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2013
The man of God is totally wrong. What CAN is to the churches ASUU is to the universities. Would he advise the Govt to scrap CAN.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by msquarewld(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2013
I wish religious leaders can just stick to their scripture rather than meddling into politics.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by roland2rule(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2013
olusolaj: This act of madness by ASUU is purely political. APC is using the medium to fustrate the government of PDP. I call it dirty game playing by APC (yoruba ACN collaborates with hausa CPC) to win the 2015 election for their selfish interest.
The truth is better but must be told.
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA

U reason with ur buttock all d time...try to make use of ur brain 4 d 1st time.....
So APC can control all lecturers,doctors and professors under ASUU umbrella....av u 4gottn we av PDP fans among them.... I think they are literates....

6 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2013
The primate should beta face d spiritual aspect instead of talking abt d fiscal aspect of d nation...sorry 2 say:no wonder he dey talk nonsence 4 clergy meetings aw can a political scientist inject farm animal is nt is line so pastor okoh pray 4 us in nigeria abt our spiritual aspect instead of wanting 2 gain d interest of FG against 2015....abi U DEY FIGHT 4 MINISTERIAL POST AGAINST 2015...TAKE TIME!

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by exx(m): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2013
ogunjimiwalefat: DISBANDMENT OF ASUU?DIS MAN I KNW SAY UR PIKIN NO DEY 9JA O
The man pickin go uniben
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2013
exx: The man pickin go uniben
nd he dey talk lyk dat
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by roland2rule(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2013
omiobo: The man of God is totally wrong. What CAN is to the churches ASUU is to the universities. Would he advise the Govt to scrap CAN.

That is one thing abt the pastors in nigeria...they always support d govt whether d FG is wrong or right cos they don't want to face d wrath of FG in dia churches...dat is y most pastors do not interfere in d situation of d country, they always keep silent or prophecies,ask us to pray 4 our country and see diff revelation.....

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by tomzman: 10:38am On Sep 14, 2013
Hostermipo: Maybe he said that to gain FG intrest.... . . . . . . . . NIGERIA Do not have leaders but office holders
I think you got that word right. Even in christianity we now have office holders rathan than men of God. If the 'primate' had his allowances withheld from him for over 3 months, maybe he would understand some of the things ASUU is talking about. When so called men of God cannot stand for the truth, then there's little hope.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by solomon111(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2013
ASUU is fighting for their allowances,yet some deluded people think ASUU is fighting for them.
Nigerians are gullible sha.

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by AZeD1(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigerians are so selective in their sense of what is RIGHT or BAD. It depends on whose on the receiving end.

I recall in 2012, the govt secured a court order barring NLC and TUC from embarking on the fuel subsidy strike but because it was convenient for the labour leaders to disobey the court order, the strike and protests went without that order being vacated. Many Nigerians cheered them on. But if the FG or PDP disobeys court order tomorrow, all hell will be let loose. Are the labour unions above the law?

The same applies to ASUU. Where else in the world do a group of bandits who call themselves ASUU close the doors of the universities whenever they have grievances, whether senseless or sensible? If we criticise govt for not providing for us the best of what we see in advanced countries, shouldn't we also criticise ASUU or other labour unions for this shameless practice? If people that work in Channelstv or AIT close shop every time they are owed salaries or they want salary increase, wont those TV stations have died by now? Can you imagine that these self-serving ASUU have closed the universities for about 30months in the last 10years, ie about 20% of days within the period? Trade unionism is now becoming an alternative govt, especially at the federal level. NLC and TUC in Nigeria are automatically programmed to oppose fuel subsidy removal. It is time the govt finds lasting solution to ASUU and other labour unions madness. We cannot continue like this.
When GEJ created new universities, you hailed it like the best thing after sliced bread and at that time I said quality will always trump quantity any day.
ASUU can't be disbanded because the Constitution allows for freedom of association.
Oh by the way using A.I.T and Channels in your analogy is so dumb

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Wot next
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by mayorall(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2013
olusolaj: This act of madness by ASUU is purely political. APC is using the medium to fustrate the government of PDP. I call it dirty game playing by APC (yoruba ACN collaborates with hausa CPC) to win the 2015 election for their selfish interest.
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA

Na wa o.

Who signed the agreement? = PDP president

Who is ASUU demanding the implementations from? = PDP president

So tell what's APC own there.

October 1st is on the way, they will tell us they have budgeted or set aside (abi wetn b datt dia werrey Engls) billions of naira for the celebration and the country education is in shambles. SMH for my father's land.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by bankoleben(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2013
solomon111: ASUU is fighting for their allowances,yet some deluded people think ASUU is fighting for them.
Nigerians are gullible sha.

.,.and what's wrong in fighting for their allowances? Our political holders get their allowances as at when due, don't they?

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by uceee(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Nigerian students, how logical are you? Have you asked yourself what ASUU stand to loose in this their so-called "fight". Nigerian students stay at home, waste their time, and return to a rushed academic calendar, the Nigerian government suffers bad publicity and other things but ASUU enjoy the break while collecting their salaries. After the strike, they get more allowances. No work, no pay should be introduced, then we'll know how genuine their "struggle" is.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Conceptz(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2013
ok oooo, I ll tel dem
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by solomon111(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2013
bankoleben:

.,.and what's wrong in fighting for their allowances? Our political holders get their allowances as at when due, don't they?
I have no problem with that,as long as Nigerian students know that the lecturers are not fighting for improved infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Tonniey(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2013
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA
U ve 2 think twice b4 u conclude on dis matter. Do u wanna say everytin against d govt is now labelled "POLITICAL"? So u want 2 tell me dat if u promise ur children 2 buy them christmas cloth nd when the time came, you did nt fulfil your promise, which you kept on postponing and when your children were tired of your lacadisical attitude, they revolted against you. I know your kind will end up saying itd their mum who instigated them against you. Will such occur if u had bought them d cloth...think twice b4 u aportion blame.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by lertee(f): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2013
“We appeal to our youths to take part in politics but steer clear of political thuggery. You should not allow yourselves to be used for assassination, arson, kidnapping, maiming, looting, intimidation of opponents.

“Don’t die for any political party or any candidate because Nigeria needs you tomorrow.”

This is the only statement that makes sense to me,this is the only statement that carries a full blown message. The youths need to be warned.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by gratiaeo(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2013
This ASUU tinz everywhere
Wetin cause the strike self?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by virtual7(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Wat is this mu.mu saying?
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Conceptz(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Well, dis is y I stayed @ home for years seeking admission into Unilorin. Thank God Im a unilorite now. Resumption tinz on my mind
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by gratiaeo(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2013
uceee: Nigerian students, how logical are you? Have you asked yourself what ASUU stand to loose in this their so-called "fight". Nigerian students stay at home, waste their time, and return to a rushed academic calendar, the Nigerian government suffers bad publicity and other things but ASUU enjoy the break while collecting their salaries. After the strike, they get more allowances. No work, no pay should be introduced, then we'll know how genuine their "struggle" is.
1000likes
99% of students don't even know what ASUU stand for
Abeg make una go open school ojare!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by mubalex50(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Chillext: If ASUU should be disbanded, every other labour union too, should be disbanded.

....let me reason again........
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Ustec: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Dis CAN ppl self dis days...wetin concern dem wit politics and its administration.... Wen some abokis start 2 dey misbehave now,.dem go come dey shout....!
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Were is T B Joshua why is he not talking about the strike why him no see this strike in time nd tell all undergraduate youth to go look for a job or he could come out nd say when the strike would end abi him they see things........... TB Joshua get power pass this man
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by jaso1(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2013
The clearic is deffinately insane. He must be very stupid because of his selfishness. Nigerians are been milead by dubious character of our pastors. They know the truth but failed to say it. If Nigeria is well organised and things are perfected am quiet sure that trafic in the churh will reduce and as a result the level of competation on private jet will drop down. This foolish pastor mus be growing senile and need to be segeregated before running to the market.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by erictoonice: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2013
I am a student and i knowvits hurting to stay home wen u ought to be in school, even if ASUU are fighting for them selves, i rili see nothing wrong with it cos its their right. the FG is totally mad not to honour their agreement. I believe in no man of God or wat thier opinions are cos they are only men like us, jst the way u read ur bible they do too, and everyone understands if rili u want to. most men of God are much more worse than the ordinary man, jst cos they voice thier opinions doesnt mean they are right but the foolish Nigerians who make men gods will put thier hands in fire jst cos thier pastor told them to.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by ennon92(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2013
FG must not give up.
ONE NIGERIA
re u a PDP member?
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by Appliedmaths(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nigerians are so selective in their sense of what is RIGHT or BAD. It depends on whose on the receiving end.

I recall in 2012, the govt secured a court order barring NLC and TUC from embarking on the fuel subsidy strike but because it was convenient for the labour leaders to disobey the court order, the strike and protests went without that order being vacated. Many Nigerians cheered them on. But if the FG or PDP disobeys court order tomorrow, all hell will be let loose. Are the labour unions above the law?

The same applies to ASUU. Where else in the world do a group of bandits who call themselves ASUU close the doors of the universities whenever they have grievances, whether senseless or sensible? If we criticise govt for not providing for us the best of what we see in advanced countries, shouldn't we also criticise ASUU or other labour unions for this shameless practice? If people that work in Channelstv or AIT close shop every time they are owed salaries or they want salary increase, wont those TV stations have died by now? Can you imagine that these self-serving ASUU have closed the universities for about 30months in the last 10years, ie about 20% of days within the period? Trade unionism is now becoming an alternative govt, especially at the federal level. NLC and TUC in Nigeria are automatically programmed to oppose fuel subsidy removal. It is time the govt finds lasting solution to ASUU and other labour unions madness. We cannot continue like this.

My brother, if no be say ASUU dey on strike now and your guy nor see any work do walahi I for transfer BIS money into your account, you said it all bro!. ASUU on the other hand are so crude in their mode of operations they go out there to cry while inside they're the most corrupt of all, as lecturers they don't care about us, they collect blocking, as our girls for sex, mark our scripts anyhow as if we were the ones that cause their problems, come to class when the day is bright. Abeg! Make dem disband dis yeye ASUU and privatise the system jare, if na 40k tops go be our school fees then it's ok jare.
Re: FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate by jaso1(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2013
You no get sense!
Appliedmaths.:

My brother, if no be say ASUU dey on strike now and your guy nor see any work do walahi I for transfer BIS money into your account, you said it all bro!. ASUU on the other hand are so crude in their mode of operations they go out there to cry while inside they're the most corrupt of all, as lecturers they don't care about us, they collect blocking, as our girls for sex, mark our scripts anyhow as if we were the ones that cause their problems, come to class when the day is bright. Abeg! Make dem disband dis yeye ASUU and privatise the system jare, if na 40k tops go be our school fees then it's ok jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai Receives Nigerian Soldier Who Won Lagos International Boxing Tournament / Jigawa Flood: Over 50 People Killed And Many Displaced (Video) / President Buhari Receives Nigerian Commonwealth Contingent In Aso Rock (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.