Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,021 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31691 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

You people are just laughable. You call Igbo land hamlets. I guess you were blind when Igbos were posting pictures of their ''village'' homes. It was on purpose. To ridicule you imbeciles who sit in their caves and holes and declare themselves best in everything.

Truth is you Yorubas are painfully backward despite your free and worthless education. You can't claw yourselves out of a polythene bag if your lives depended on it.

Unfortunately for you i.d.iots, the rest of Nigeria, especially Igbos, know you in and out, your history, how you live and how disgusting your livestyles are.

From Oshogbo to Ibadan, you people are not having it good and do not make me start posting disgusting pictures of where you call homes. Little wonder why all of you became lagosians all of a sudden.

Ask any Igbo or easterner who has ever travelled to Lagos, the shock they often exhibit, once they cross into yoruba land. Apart from Akure, all you see is thick forest after thick forest with occassional appearance of shanty settlements. This is what you call ''sophistication''

The whole god-damned SW is a massive slum not fit for human habitation. Sometimes when i pass the odor-filled southwest, i thank the Most High that i am an easterner.

From Onitsha to Enugu, from Owerre to Uyo, from Eket to Abakeleke, whenever you pass through these cities, you would recognize that there are humans living there but not just any kind of Nigerian but ingenious, industrious and well cultured people dwelling there, a people with pride. The unimaginable structures after structures molded by man that greet you is a testimony that you have crossed into region of greatness once you enter the SE.

You all should know that this is 2013 where at a blink of an eye, people can disprove your lies with concrete evidence and pictures.

The SW is a mess including lagos.

And to the tout asking why Igbos move to Lagos, you must be an i.diot if you do not know that it is a tiny fraction of Igbos who traverse between the SE and Lagos due to business reasons (the Wharf, Airport etc) and due to the fact that most relevant government institutions are located there. Igbos do not, i repeat, do not move to the SW (as the rest of them outside Lagos are nothing to write home about) but Lagos.

The vast majority of Igbos are in the SE, it's neighbouring cities or outside the country.

You yorubas are a disgrace and a massive joke. All over europe begging for drinks in the club from Igbo boys.

*spits*

Bwahahahahahahaha

Why this nyggah gotta cry? shocked

Whoever stole his toy needs to return it asap, a crying adult is defo. a NO NO! grin

I now see why your handle is "Bandit C" - Bandit C = Crying Bandit in reverse.

I'll pray for you, brother. However, none of you have answered my questions. Please do that when you wipe the tears off your eyes. wink

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by collynzo2(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Why this nyggah gotta cry? shocked

Whoever stole his toy needs to return it asap, a crying adult is defo. a NO NO! grin

I now see why your handle is "Bandit C" - Bandit C = Crying Bandit in reverse.

I'll pray for you, brother. However, none of you have answered my questions. Please do that when you wipe the tears off your eyes. wink
Your question is useless that is why. Enugu didn't suddenly become a developed or booming place, it has always been like that even before independence, so why should there be a sudden migration? Enugu is decently populated, infact it even has one of the best night lives in Nigeria, so don't sit somewhere and make baseless conclusions
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

which syd of SW is presentable?

This side of your Iheaka hamlet:

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Shymexx, your question is a lil mischievous, how can you compare Lagos to Enugu? There are different types of cities and what makes them unique on their own. Lagos by default is a first type of city because of the opportunities it brings, it has diverse economic activity - banking, telecoms, manufacturing etc thereby attracting mostly young and middle aged adults, while Enugu like FL is a calm city for vacationing or retirees. It doesn't mean there's no economic activity, it just means that the different type of economic activity differs. FL is known for tourism and retiring state, they harnessed on it and today it's a state to reckon with. Do you see mass migration to FL?

Also, Lagos was built by the govt at some time, Enugu wasn't. Lagos by default is like the ONLY lone state which for several years has been the backbone of the economy. If the government had an aggressive planning and spread wealth across the regions, these type of migration you're talking about won't be existent. Now that you're hearing about these cities, people are gradually migrating back, it may not be mass migration, but as development scatters across the regions, Lagos will see a shrink in it's population. Personally, when I'm finally back in Nigeria in a few years, Lagos is not my ideal place, Nnewi is.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
collynzo2: Your question is useless that is why. Enugu didn't suddenly become a developed or booming place, it has always been like that even before independence, so why should there be a sudden migration? Enugu is decently populated, infact it even has one of the best night lives in Nigeria, so don't sit somewhere and make baseless conclusions

Useless or you lot lack the intellectual capability to answer simple question? If it has been "developed" and/or is a "booming" place before independence, so why is the place commercially next to dead - since apparently the people from (Igbo's) are the economic "backbone" of Nigeria? And also, why are people trooping from this "developed" and "booming" place to snarl up other parts of the country?

Please answer without emotions - I can't deal with emotional outbursts today. wink
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by goldfish80(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

You people are just laughable. You call Igbo land hamlets. I guess you were blind when Igbos were posting pictures of their ''village'' homes. It was on purpose. To ridicule you imbeciles who sit in their caves and holes and declare themselves best in everything.

Truth is you Yorubas are painfully backward despite your free and worthless education. You can't claw yourselves out of a polythene bag if your lives depended on it.

Unfortunately for you i.d.iots, the rest of Nigeria, especially Igbos, know you in and out, your history, how you live and how disgusting your livestyles are.

From Oshogbo to Ibadan, you people are not having it good and do not make me start posting disgusting pictures of where you call homes. Little wonder why all of you became lagosians all of a sudden.

Ask any Igbo or easterner who has ever travelled to Lagos, the shock they often exhibit, once they cross into yoruba land. Apart from Akure, all you see is thick forest after thick forest with occassional appearance of shanty settlements. This is what you call ''sophistication''

The whole god-damned SW is a massive slum not fit for human habitation. Sometimes when i pass the odor-filled southwest, i thank the Most High that i am an easterner.

From Onitsha to Enugu, from Owerre to Uyo, from Eket to Abakeleke, whenever you pass through these cities, you would recognize that there are humans living there but not just any kind of Nigerian but ingenious, industrious and well cultured people dwelling there, a people with pride. The unimaginable structures after structures molded by man that greet you is a testimony that you have crossed into region of greatness once you enter the SE.

You all should know that this is 2013 where at a blink of an eye, people can disprove your lies with concrete evidence and pictures.

The SW is a mess including lagos.

And to the tout asking why Igbos move to Lagos, you must be an i.diot if you do not know that it is a tiny fraction of Igbos who traverse between the SE and Lagos due to business reasons (the Wharf, Airport etc) and due to the fact that most relevant government institutions are located there. Igbos do not, i repeat, do not move to the SW (as the rest of them outside Lagos are nothing to write home about) but Lagos.

The vast majority of Igbos are in the SE, it's neighbouring cities or outside the country.

You yorubas are a disgrace and a massive joke. All over europe begging for drinks in the club from Igbo boys.

*spits*
SLAM DUNK!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
manny4life: Shymexx, your question is a lil mischievous, how can you compare Lagos to Enugu? There are different types of cities and what makes them unique on their own. Lagos by default is a first type of city because of the opportunities it brings, it has diverse economic activity - banking, telecoms, manufacturing etc thereby attracting mostly young and middle aged adults, while Enugu like FL is a calm city for vacationing or retirees. It doesn't mean there's no economic activity, it just means that the different type of economic activity differs. FL is known for tourism and retiring state, they harnessed on it and today it's a state to reckon with. Do you see mass migration to FL?

Also, Lagos was built by the govt at some time, Enugu wasn't. Lagos by default is like the ONLY lone state which for several years has been the backbone of the economy. If the government had an aggressive planning and spread wealth across the regions, these type of migration you're talking about won't be existent. Now that you're hearing about these cities, people are gradually migrating back, it may not be mass migration, but as development scatters across the regions, Lagos will see a shrink in it's population. Personally, when I'm finally back in Nigeria in a few years, Lagos is not my ideal place, Nnewi is.

Fair enough. Enugu is like a tourist and pensioner city (your words). Why are your folks getting emotional because people are calling it what it's? You honestly don't expect a city that isn't economically viable to be rich, do you? So it deserves its place as one of the poorest in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

Fair enough. Enugu is like a tourist and pensioner city (your words). Why are your folks getting emotional because people are calling it what it's? You honestly don't expect a city that isn't economically viable to be rich, do you? So it deserves its place as one of the poorest in the country.

Lol...Did you say it's not economically viable?

First you said it's commercially next to dead, now you say it isn't economically viable? How do you define commerce, economy and development? Bros, just leave this , development and commerce are two different economic terms. Development are measured by different components - security, healthcare, domestic policies, education, communication, transportation, etc. Enugu is on par or even better than so many cities in these terms, however, when it comes to commerce - business interaction, Enugu differs because it's a state in it's own league.

So for you to say it's not economically viable is at it's best funny, like seriously are you kidding me? How else do you measure economic activity if not through components of GDP - Consumption, Investment, Govt Spending etc. There are tons of tourist states and cities in the U.S., that are richer and economically viable than Lagos. Lol @ the poorest state, it's easy to seat in one place, type things you don't really know about. Tourism is a big component of any economy and if harnessed well, it's a major contributor to foreign earnings, so you saying it's a poor state because it's a tourist state is laughable.

The onus is on you to tell us why you think it's not economically viable, and just because it's economically viable, doesn't necessarily make it RICH. Wealth as defined by economist is not the whole GDP but the per capita --- the spending power. So if you want to to know if Enugu is rich, pull the per capita of each person and then compare to national average, if it falls beyond a certain limit, then you know it's a poor state. Now that's how to measure wealth or rich states.

You talk about Lagos being so economically viable, but Lagos GDP per capita, a true yardstick of economic contribution falls beyond the national average per capita, what does that tell you? Does that mean that Lagos is Poor?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ikengawo: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
What the "SW" is failing to realize is that most of the SE was bombed to the ground in the 60s. And now look? what in the SW outside of Lagos can compare to Enugu, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Uyo, Calabar?
IBadan? Akeokuta? Ogboshmoshoso?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by oneeast3: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Are yerobas still at this?

Let me make it clear once again:

These are the most important and economically strategic Nigerian cities:

- Abuja

- Lagos

- Port Harcourt

- Onitsha

- Enugu

- Kano

Yerobas should deal with it. The is technically no yeroba city or state that is able to make the revered list.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
manny4life:
Lol...Did you say it's not economically viable?

First you said it's commercially next to dead, now you say it isn't economically viable? How do you define commerce, economy and development? Bros, just leave this , development and commerce are two different economic terms. Development are measured by different components - security, healthcare, domestic policies, education, communication, transportation, etc. Enugu is on par or even better than so many cities in these terms, however, when it comes to commerce - business interaction, Enugu differs because it's a state in it's own league.

So for you to say it's not economically viable is at it's best funny, like seriously are you kidding me? How else do you measure economic activity if not through components of GDP - Consumption, Investment, Govt Spending etc. There are tons of tourist states and cities in the U.S., that are richer and economically viable than Lagos. Lol @ the poorest state, it's easy to seat in one place, type things you don't really know about. Tourism is a big component of any economy and if harnessed well, it's a major contributor to foreign earnings, so you saying it's a poor state because it's a tourist state is laughable.

The onus is on you to tell us why you think it's not economically viable, and just because it's economically viable, doesn't necessarily make it RICH. Wealth as defined by economist is not the whole GDP but the per capita --- the spending power. So if you want to to know if Enugu is rich, pull the per capita of each person and then compare to national average, if it falls beyond a certain limit, then you know it's a poor state. Now that's how to measure wealth or rich states.

You talk about Lagos being so economically viable, but Lagos GDP per capita, a true yardstick of economic contribution falls beyond the national average per capita, what does that tell you? Does that mean that Lagos is Poor?

Sighs!!

Everything you wrote up there doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, to be honest. You stated that the state is a pensioner/tourist state, however, on the flip-side you're now saying it's economically viable. Where's the economic viability in a sleepy old town with one of the poorest PPP (purchasing power parity) in the country? And if you don't know economic viability and commerce are relative, I can't help you.

I don't think I referenced "development" in my post and I don't see why you're bringing that into the discourse. However, development is subjective and you need economic viability to sustain it. Also, I don't see the basis for comparisons with the US, since the discourse is about Nigeria. And it would be disingenuous to do that. If you want to bring the US into it, we might as well compare Nigeria's GDP to that of the yanks.

Finally, the PPP is enough as an indicator to measure the living standard of a place. And as shown in the opening post, the purchasing power of Enugu is relatively low/poor.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

I now realize this dude is a teenager, what a senseless argument. Everybody is going around nairaland brandishing the brains of people with down syndrome.smh

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

Sighs!!

Everything you wrote up there doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, to be honest. You stated that the state is a pensioner/tourist state, however, on the flip-side you're now saying it's economically viable. Where's the economic viability in a sleepy old town with one of the poorest PPP (purchasing power parity) in the country? And if you don't know economic viability and commerce are relative, I can't help you.

Laughs...

It doesn't make any sense to you because you've summed your opinion that Enugu is a sleeping poor state. So according to you, because a state is a pensioner/tourism state, by default, it isn't economically viable? I mean is that your argument? I gave you an example, FL is a state for senior citizens, and a tourist state, does that make the state not economically viable? Did you say with one of the poorest PPP? From the OP's list, what I saw was the GDP measured in millions not the purchasing power... So please don't confuse that at all. I'm glad you know that economic viability and commerce are relative, which is exactly my point, you failed to see it. Like NY which is relative to banking and finance, transportation, to TX which is agriculture and Oil and Gas, to VA which is govt and defense to FL which is Tourism and Healthcare. That is why I am asking your opinion - WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT ENUGU IS ECONOMICALLY DEAD? Is it because it's a Tourist state?

I don't think I referenced "development" in my post and I don't see why you're bringing that into the discourse. However, development is subjective and you need economic viability to sustain it. Also, I don't see the basis for comparisons with the US, since the discourse is about Nigeria. And it would be disingenuous to do that. If you want to bring the US into it, we might as well compare Nigeria's GDP to that of the yanks.

You actually did in your previous post that's why I brought it up and yes, economic viability is needed for sustainability. Now, to test your logic and reasoning, if economic viability is needed to sustain development, with the active developments currently undergoing in Enugu, isn't it a fair argument to say that there's indeed an economic viability sustaining the continuous development?

How can I not talk about the U.S. whereas your first question compared Manchester and some other city? I was comparing cities alike just like you compared mass migration up North, (NY). The point I was making is, you see people migrating to NY because that's where the deal is, but you don't see such with FL and the coastal areas, same applies to Lagos and Enugu. It's a simple comparison which you started.

Finally, the PPP is enough as an indicator to measure the living standard of a place. And as shown in the opening post, the purchasing power of Enugu is relatively low/poor.

Perhaps I need to look at it again, what the OP reference is GDP (in millions) not the PPP. Btw, how do you determine what's low? Other than a national average (Nigerian GDP/Population), what other metrics or scale did you decide it's low? I told you that Lagos PPP is low per the national average, does that mean that Lagos is poor?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kairoseki77: GDP (2010; in millions of USD)

1 Lagos State US$74,674[2]
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280

15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396 <----- International Airport?
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

Source: www[dot]nigerianstat[dot]gov[dot]ng/information
Straight from the Naija Government!

Why is this state so poor?

Oga Shymexx, here is the post.

Look through it and tell me how you determined the PPP of Enugu is low?

Besides, the NBS Portal system NEVER split GDP by states, if OP knows how he did it, let him tell us. I have used that portal a few times, so I'd like to know how he got that info off NBS.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
tongue ;Arabs are engrosed with hatred over Isreal. grin[s][/s]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by enyi1: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
passion007: Lol...yes that's funny but false. BTW, need I remind you that Oyo is the slum capital of Africa, ergo no state wants to fit into Oyo for any reason whatsoever.
lol
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Manny4life

I'll post my reply to your post without quoting you just to make it clearer.

Firstly, I never summed up any opinion whatsoever about the place. I'm just going by the indicator in the opening post and what you said, in your own words. You said, "Enugu like FL is a calm city for vacationing or retirees."

Secondly, I know Enugu isn't known for tourism and if it's, then it must be a dead tourist attraction, but I just had to put that there because you cited vacationing. However, I don't see the basis for bringing Florida into this to buttress your point because Enugu has nothing in common with Florida. Iowa or North Dakota would have been a better example, if you're trying cite a state in America. Enugu has only one city, Enugu city (referencing a poster on the thread) and according to you, it's for "vacationing and retirees." While Florida on the other hand, has at least five economically and commercially viable cities in: Miami, Tampa, Jackonsville, Sarasota and Orlando. It's also home to many industries, banking, aerospace and headquarters of many multi-national companies. And Enugu lacks all these. So I don't understand why you keep harping on about Florida, to be honest.

Thirdly, I never said anything about development and I the two times I cited "developed" - they were in quotes and I was citing what was posted by another poster. Also, I already said, development is subjective and if you're interested in discussing development - we can open a next thread for that.

Moreover, I cited NY and London vis-a-vis South and Manchester/Milton Keynes to buttress my point on migration patterns. I don't I did an outright comparison of wealth, like you did in your post. Two different things. Basically, you can cite other examples to convey your message - however when you start comparing a place in country, with a place in a next country (like you did by comparing Lagos GDP with that of Florida), then that's a different subject matter entirely, from the orginal discourse.

Lastly, I honestly don't see the need to compare Lagos GDP per capita to that of the national average - that would be an unfair comparison. How about compare Lagos with other states in the federation?

PS: it seems you don't understand the difference between PPP GDP and GDP per capita (nominal).
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I now realize this dude is a teenager, what a senseless argument. Everybody is going around nairaland brandishing the brains of people with down syndrome.smh

And you expect me to take you seriously after stealing my shyte, nah?

Anyway, why the sex change, Mr. Globe? - I guess it's for the next gay parade in you know where. undecided
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
manny4life:
Oga Shymexx, here is the post.

Look through it and tell me how you determined the PPP of Enugu is low?

Besides, the NBS Portal system NEVER split GDP by states, if OP knows how he did it, let him tell us. I have used that portal a few times, so I'd like to know how he got that info off NBS.

It's low because there's no economic activity there. undecided

Which means the purchasing power of Enugu is at the butt-crack, near the two-balls of Nigeria. grin Just joking.

And we definitely need to get some of the "owners of Lagos" who're originally from that part of naija back there to replicate the what they did in Lagos.

Shalom! cool
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

must every city be as commercial as onitsha?
Is ibadan not meant for low lifers and the mentally retarded.
As far as enugu is far more comely as ibadan, there shdnt be reason for dis debate at all.
Enugu has considerable commercial activities and indigenous industries but oyo hasnt.
When dey opened dis thread, i thought there was sth else to it but i saw sb was claiming d GDP of non oyo indigenes.
Wat a shame.
Enugu aint a slum, but oyo is.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

And you expect me to take you seriously after stealing my shyte, nah?

Anyway, why the sex change, Mr. Globe? - I guess it's for the next gay parade in you know where. undecided
maybe I'm the only one that missed the memo for not knowing you invented the disease known as down syndrome or what? Your thoughts on this thread are merely those of a 3 year old. utter crap, demented Logic. I avoid going into details
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

It's low because there's no economic activity there. undecided

Which means the purchasing power of Enugu is at the butt-crack, near the two-balls of Nigeria. grin Just joking.

And we definitely need to get some of the "owners of Lagos" who're originally from that part of naija back there to replicate the what they did in Lagos.

Shalom! cool
okpo.
Y do u keep mentioning lagos, lets talk abt core SW nah.

Lagos wey oda nigerians own pass una.
Lol at dese ppl
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
FreeGlobe:
maybe I'm the only one that missed the memo for not knowing you invented the disease known as down syndrome or what? Your thoughts on this thread are merely those of a 3 year old. utter crap, demented Logic. I avoid going into details

I hear that. You have never made sense, so I'm not surprised.

But why the sex change, bro bro? Are you a receiver or the QB? undecided
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

must every city be as commercial as onitsha?
Is ibadan not meant for low lifers and the mentally retarded.
As far as enugu is far more comely as ibadan, there shdnt be reason for dis debate at all.
Enugu has considerable commercial activities and indigenous industries but oyo hasnt.
When dey opened dis thread, i thought there was sth else to it but i saw sb was claiming d GDP of non oyo indigenes.
Wat a shame.
Enugu aint a slum, but oyo is.

The thread is about Enugu, can you please open another thread for Ibadan?

Don't derail the thread!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
FreeGlobe:

imagine d wishful thinker talking abt enugu.
I asked dem to tell me any presentable part of SW but they cannot.
How can a priest challenge his pope

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

This side of your Iheaka hamlet:

which side of sw is presentable' was d question
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by grlzone(f): 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Is it d Enugu I knw u callin poor...omg @op,u must definitely b high on sometin.u guys arguin wit dem abt Enugu r jes wastin tym,cos readin d whole post..it shows none of dem ve bin to enugu...smh some people thou
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

I hear that. You have never made sense, so I'm not surprised.

But why the sex change, bro bro? Are you a receiver or the QB? undecided

I always wonder why you insist on still maintaining this your nairaland id considering virtually every nairalander has had their turn in molesting you intellectually on this forum. Do you have no shame?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I always wonder why you insist on still maintaining this your nairaland id considering virtually every nairalander has had their turn in molesting you intellectually on this forum. Do you have no shame?

Bwahahahahaha @ the bolded.

Laughable.

Ever heard about the unconquered/undefeated cushites? - the afro-asiatic man can't lose and defo not against people on this forum. grin

Anyway, go play somewhere else with your trolling.

I'm out! - I need to kiss this zoot and watch time fly! cool
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ACM10: 12:15am On Sep 16, 2013
Yorubas need to visit Enugu. It's not enough to sit tight in Lagos and assume that nothing is happening in the East. Any Yoruba that have crossed Niger bridge will notice that Onitsha is densely-populated with high-rise modern buildings. Enugu is in a class of its own.

I thought that Ebonyis are the poorest in the east, until I visited Ibadan. There, I encountered extreme poverty. So, embarrassing, knowing the fact that it is the most important city in the SW outside Lagos. I felt bad. Yorubas are living in denial.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by enyi1: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

I think you are just mad...I need to question your sanity

If I've been to Enugu....does that mean I've been to the whole of Enugu State.

Are you in your deluded and warped mind equating Enugu town to Enugu state?

You are an embarrassment really to which ever cave village school you attended.

You just lack basic comprehension that can only be alluded to poor education that most of you run to the SW to avoid.

person..!
why do you keep calling this guy FUCKARD!!!

ARE U A FOOL
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by agbameta: 3:04am On Sep 16, 2013
Enugu's budget is N83 Billion For 2013.

What's there to do with this chump change?

No wonder they can not award any contract or commission any project or even progress.

Talk about serious suffer head...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Saraki Desperate To Return – PDP / Niger State Youths Destroy Political Banners: 'We Have Not Seen Any Change' / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.