Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31689 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
geeez: Can we see recent pictures of this Shoprite in Enugu?

It's always scanty now and I wonder why they keep brandishing opening day pictures

The poverty makes Shoprite in Enugu inaccessible to people

They only go there to window shop

I visit the Polo Park when I'm in Enugu and there are few cars parked even on weekends

hahahahahahahaha.
u so wish.
Are u talking of d same shoprite i just came back from, rite now?
Dis post is just typical of ur legendary, wishful thinking for SE.
Ibadan shoprite is d failed one, not enugu.
And they have even removed ibadan from their newest pamphlet.
U know wat that means?
Poverty stricken ppl.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Mention one prominent person that is not Igbo living in Enugu? Prof. Tam David West, a Niger Deltan stays in Bodija, Ibadan.

sorry, almajirism is not welcomed in Enugu.
All ur ppl are almajiris in one way or d other : prominent or not prominent.
U cant survive in a region where almajirism doesnt pay.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ dayokanu, Stop showing me pix of buildings as ibadan, cos if we start doing building tnz for both states u will silently back off.
D only fine houses in ibadan are public buildings.
And those roads u showed are just objects of jokes to Enugu.
U ppl dont have up to 10 percent of ur GDP and u have d guts to paste public buildings.
Just show us dose mud houses plastered with cement and u will be glad u are showing us d pix of d ibadan we all know.
C'mon b proud of ur state capital
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
ketoprofen:

ibadan is a huge slum.
Enugu is finer, better and more comely.
Ibadan is a harbour for destitutes.
Can u see d diff.
Enugu citizens live large, ibadan ppl are..............
Give me the name of one prominent person in Enugu that is not Igbo?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
ketoprofen:
U ppl dont have up to 10 percent of ur GDP and u have d guts to paste public buildings.
Just show us dose mud houses plastered with cement and u will be glad u are showing us d pix of d ibadan we all know.
C'mon b proud of ur state capital

Whats the GDP of Enugu and whats the GDP of Oyo state

Kindly post it on here for everyone to see the shame thats called Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 4:24am On Sep 17, 2013
Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

Always coming up with new lies.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 17, 2013
customized13: am nt surprised, foolish set of people, asking foolish questions and claiming it is unambiguous, he asked a foolish question, no reasonable adult wil ask dat childish question, I expected him 2 argue with facts, instead he asked a very primitive question. since u are supporting him, it means u are also foolish. I dnt mind splashing a cup of strong acid on ur oily food filled skull. Foool

person!

You have dust as brain....

Your Enugu is unwelcoming to other Nigerians, that is why you hardly find any other known names there. That is suppose to be your regional capital that should attract other Nigerians....

Enugu is a dead civil servant state ....

What is chasing you people out of the region...I guess you will say extreme competition ....? Competition doing what?

Nigga!
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Whats the GDP of Enugu and whats the GDP of Oyo state

Kindly post it on here for everyone to see the shame thats called Enugu

GDP of Oyo is bigger dan dat of Enugu.
However, oyo is d shameful state because:
the GDP is predominantly made by foreign companies while d citizens are poor.
Even wih d GDP, Ibadan remains a huge slum.
2) enugu with a smaller GDP is finer, more of wat u call a city, etc.
The citizens are more affluent and run indigenous indstries n oda enterprises- which means they make their own GDP.
Hahaha, see dis guy o. Do u think that even as oyo GDP is bigger dan dat of Kano, kano city is worse of a capital dan ibadan?
If not for d northern crises, ppl will prefer kano anytime anyday to staying in dat slum called ibadan.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by kettykin: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2013
Abagworo: Yesterday I met one blind man telling another blind man "you are more blind than me"; I laughed because to me they are both blind men and need sticks to walk. That's the story of Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland.
This story of incompatible people in an incompatible country, when will this story end
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2013
^^ Can you list the foreign companies boosting the economy of Oyo State that are not present in Enugu

Can you show how that ragtag Enugu is finer than Ibadan
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2013
What lie was cleared up (and who was telling the lie?

Kairoseki77: Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2013
ilugunboy:

person!

Your Enugu is unwelcoming to other Nigerians, that is why you hardly find any other known names there. That is suppose to be your regional capital that should attract other Nigerians....

What is chasing you people out of the region...I guess you will say extreme competition ....? Competition doing what?

Nigga!

i tot u said u came to enugu or werent u d person.
Anybody dat said enugu is only a civil servant state has not been there at all.
Infact, from now onwards, anything u say is out of assumptions.
Enugu has its own fair share of commerce,even though it aint lyk onitsha Oboloafor(in nsukka) is a site of entreport btw northern and SE/SS Nigeria; the city itself has many commercial outfit- markets, malls.
- industries though not much as in aba n nnewi.
- the city serves tourist functions ranging from d natural scenery to the museum, parks, the array of fine BUILDINGS alone ( which ibadan shamefully lacks,yet its ur capital)etc.
- with hotels and clubs springing up here and there, Enugu is an entertainment city.
Igbo sons and daughters ( after hustling in many oda cities) troop to Enugu and Owerri(anoda city with d comeliness of enugu) for relaxation and enjoyment esp in d weekends.
- having many tertiary institutions, Enugu is just hot city.
How can u put it to me dat Enugu is a civil servant area like dose ur SW dead towns.
Have u seen that joke called ibadan?
U ppl are wasting ur tym here, ur brothers doing service in my institution 'wows' at enugu.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:13am On Sep 17, 2013
Kairoseki77: Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

its not enuf to write a self -consoling statement.
Tell us wat u cleared?
That ibadan and oyo in general are slums with poor citizens? - we all knew that one before
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2013
ilugunboy:

person!

Nigga!
yes enugu is a civil servant state, bt our non-capital (aba and onitsha) industrial cities flogged ur capital city ibadan(africa largest slum) commercially and industrially. We will leave the beauty for owerri and enugu, u knw fully well ibadan cnt stand d test of tym. Ibadan is an old, big and starved adult, ibadan na agbaya(old bt don't deserve respect). Very soon ihiala, abiriba, ohafia, mgbidi, mbaise and nsukka will beat ibadan hands down. Lolzzzzzzzz
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

The citizens are more affluent and run indigenous indstries n oda enterprises- which means they make their own GDP.
Hahaha, see dis guy o. Do u think that even as oyo GDP is bigger dan dat of Kano, kano city is worse of a capital dan ibadan?
If not for d northern crises, ppl will prefer kano anytime anyday to staying in dat slum called ibadan.
my brother when I was schooling in ijebu-ode, the people of ogun state call oyo people bush people, can u imagine dat?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by kettykin: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2013
It is very funny and illogical how the reasoning of some people can be, Osun and Oyo with their very big budget and high GDP cannot sustain a domestic airport while Enugu which some oluwole statisticians claim has a lower GDP has the 4th busiest domestic Airport the most recent and fourth busiest international Airport in the country, if airport traffic and financial transactions can not convince anybody then someone education should be questioned

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

i tot u said u came to enugu or werent u d person.
Anybody dat said enugu is only a civil servant state has not been there at all.
Infact, from now onwards, anything u say is out of assumptions.
Enugu has its own fair share of commerce,even though it aint lyk onitsha Oboloafor(in nsukka) is a site of entreport btw northern and SE/SS Nigeria; the city itself has many commercial outfit- markets, malls.
- industries though not much as in aba n nnewi.
- the city serves tourist functions ranging from d natural scenery to the museum, parks, the array of fine BUILDINGS alone ( which ibadan shamefully lacks,yet its ur capital)etc.
- with hotels and clubs springing up here and there, Enugu is an entertainment city.
Igbo sons and daughters ( after hustling in many oda cities) troop to Enugu and Owerri(anoda city with d comeliness of enugu) for relaxation and enjoyment esp in d weekends.
- having many tertiary institutions, Enugu is just hot city.
How can u put it to me dat Enugu is a civil servant area like dose ur SW dead towns.
Have u seen that joke called ibadan?
U ppl are wasting ur tym here, ur brothers doing service in my institution 'wows' at enugu.
enugu state pay thr brodas serving thr 10k per month ooo, oyo state pays 3,5K to my sister serving in iseyin, y una no use GDP pay una corpers well. GDP without purchasing power is nonsense, if they thnk they kw economic, let them give me the GDP(ppp) per capita of all state in nigeria, them I wil kw wot they have in thr oily heads. These idiots dnt kw dat dat GDP( if it is true) wt dat thr huge population is non-sense. Richest countries ind world are rated by GDP(ppp) capita and nt GDP, dats y qatar is richer than USA, oily heads.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2013
kettykin: It is very funny and illogical how the reasoning of some people can be, Osun and Oyo with their very big budget and high GDP cannot sustain a domestic airport while Enugu which some oluwole statisticians claim has a lower GDP has the 4th busiest domestic Airport the most recent and fourth busiest international Airport in the country, if airport traffic and financial transactions can not convince anybody then someone education should be questioned

If you have any common sense you should ask why People in Oyo State need any airport when an International airport is just about an hour drive from Ibadan

Or they should just build an airport just to prove what exactly?

Thats how you people act before thinking
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by remarkD(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Since you started this thread, why are you avoiding and shying away from relevant questions being asked of you especially those based on the comments you made or the content of your uploaded documents?

Is there something inside of you you are hiding that you don't want people to see as the main reason for starting this thread?

What is the lie that you have cleared? and how have you cleared the so-called lie?

We are not in nursery school where you will draw out 2 numbers and ask/indicate we have seen the numbers....again, what inference is there that you have drawn?

If you are not a coward, grin answer all the questions you have been shying (cowarding lol) away from....

which one is bigger....
author=Kairoseki77]Glad we cleared up this lie. Gotta stay vigilant against slippery chest beating liars.

Always coming up with new lies.[/quote]
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2013
customized13: enugu state pay thr brodas serving thr 10k per month ooo, oyo state pays 3,5K to my sister serving in iseyin, y una no use GDP pay una corpers well. GDP without purchasing power is nonsense, if they thnk they kw economic, let them give me the GDP(ppp) per capita of all state in nigeria, them I wil kw wot they have in thr oily heads. These idiots dnt kw dat dat GDP( if it is true) wt dat thr huge population is non-sense. Richest countries ind world are rated by GDP(ppp) capita and nt GDP, dats y qatar is richer than USA, oily heads.

So the amount paid to corpers is now the criteria for measuring GDP?

I have never seen any comment more senseless than this.

Also show us the PPP of all Nigerian states and how Enugu or any Eastern state fares when compared to Oyo
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by collynzo2(m): 7:53am On Sep 17, 2013
Ogun state is the poorest in the South and 3rd poorest in Nigeria.
www.nairaland.com/1440512/ogun-poorest-state-southern-nigeria
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2013
customized13: [s]yes enugu is a civil servant state, bt our non-capital (aba and onitsha) industrial cities flogged ur capital city ibadan(africa largest slum) commercially and industrially. We will leave the beauty for owerri and enugu, u knw fully well ibadan cnt stand d test of tym. Ibadan is an old, big and starved adult, ibadan na agbaya(old bt don't deserve respect). Very soon ihiala, abiriba, ohafia, mgbidi, mbaise and nsukka will beat ibadan hands down. Lolzzzzzzzz[/s]

Bunkum ...!

Next please..
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Also show us the PPP of all Nigerian states and how Enugu or any Eastern state fares when compared to Oyo
But it is logical to believe you pay from abundance. There was a reason many yorubas saw serving in port harcourt like winning a us visa lottery until Amaechi drove all of them to classrooms. All these things you consider non relevant add up in determining standard of living. By the way, Enugu is a heaven to Ibadan which is still stuck in the colonial era
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2013
ketoprofen:

Enugu is a big slum. Is it not the same Enugu that is used for nollywood movies with old cars? The same type of cars are used in UNEC.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

If you have any common sense you should ask why People in Oyo State need any airport when an International airport is just about an hour drive from Ibadan

Or they should just build an airport just to prove what exactly?

Thats how you people act before thinking
Don't mind the foolish flat heads. Alakia Airport, Ibadan still functions. Pilgrims to Mecca are now being airlifted.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2013
customized13: enugu state pay thr brodas serving thr 10k per month ooo, oyo state pays 3,5K to my sister serving in iseyin, y una no use GDP pay una corpers well. GDP without purchasing power is nonsense, if they thnk they kw economic, let them give me the GDP(ppp) per capita of all state in nigeria, them I wil kw wot they have in thr oily heads. These idiots dnt kw dat dat GDP( if it is true) wt dat thr huge population is non-sense. Richest countries ind world are rated by GDP(ppp) capita and nt GDP, dats y qatar is richer than USA, oily heads.
See how you reason, like a child. When have the allowances given to corpers become a yardstick for measuring a state's wealth? Would you then say Enugu State, paying corpers 10k, is richer than Delta State, paying corpers 5k?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2013
FreeGlobe:
But it is logical to believe you pay from abundance. There was a reason many yorubas saw serving in port harcourt like winning a us visa lottery until Amaechi drove all of them to classrooms. All these things you consider non relevant add up in determining standard of living. By the way, Enugu is a heaven to Ibadan which is still stuck in the colonial era
Anumebe, the wealth of a man is not always determined by what he earns but by the purchasing power of what he earns. How much are corpers in Enugu State saving? Little.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

u must be a fool 2 hv taken dat as a criterion, its jst an instance, y do u people find it difficult 2 absorb words and reason beyond it. If u checkout the list of nigerian states by GDP:
1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3. Delta
4. Oyo
5. Imo
Oyo pay corpers the least amount, is it nt a shame? Most other states below pay beta dan oyo state, so where is the money? The problem is GDP per capita, oyo is nt 1 of the richest states in nigeria. Wealth is based on GDP per capita, based on that these are the rich states in nigeria:
1. Delta
Overall GDP: 16.75 Billion

Per capita:$3,990

2. Rivers

Overal GDP $21.07 billion
Per capita :$3965

3. Lagos

Overall GDP: $74.68 billion
Per capita: $3649

4. Edo

Overall GDP: $11.89 billion

Per capita: $3623

5. Imo
Overall GDP $14.21 Billion
per capita: $3,527

6. Cross River

GDP $9.29 billion
Per capita: $3150

7. Abia

Overal GDP: $18.69 billion
Per capita $3003

This are the state wt the largest GDP:

PPP GDP(in millions
of USD)

1Lagos State

US$74,674

2 Rivers State

US$21,073

3 Delta State

US$16,749

4 Oyo State

US$16,121

5 Imo State

US$14,212

6 Kano State

US$12,393

7 Edo State

US$11,888
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Anumebe, the wealth of a man is not always determined by what he earns but by the purchasing power of what he earns. How much are corpers in Enugu State saving? Little.
That's why Enugu is an urban center unlike Ibadan a rural center where money has little value.Its same for Lagos, Ph, New york, Abuja, London. Comparing Ibadan and Enugu is like comparing death and sleep.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by kettykin: 8:35am On Sep 17, 2013
f you had checked you would have realised that ibadan has an airport with big enough run way but records very minimal appalling, dissappointing and disgraceful domestic flights despite its claims of being the largest city or slum in Africa , having the 5th biggest economy im Nigeria, the domestic airport traffic of ibadan airport is more appalling than the dismal sales figures of shop rite in ibadan.
Enugu is about 1hour from port Harcourt which has an international airport about 45 minutes from imo airport and about an hour from Asaba airport but Enugu international airport traffic is consistent and regular while the domestic flights are 10000 times better than the ibadan domestic flights
You that has common sense should have realised that there is a correlation between the airport traffic and GDP or Economic growth
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Yo dudes!!!

Why is Enugu so poor? People were chest beating the other day, but now we know that your economy is smaller than war ravaged Borno state.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Kairoseki77: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2013
Look at this Ibadan mansion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / Leaked Audio: "Honesty Is The Best Policy" - Kenneth Okonkwo Advises Obidients / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.