Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (31688 Views)

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / Enugu Is Flooded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

Complete nonsense.

You consult google Earth in order to find out about Cities in Enugu, the same place you initially claimed to have been to. What a f00l you are.

Does this not show that you're actually clueless about what you are debating. You actually know zero about Enugu and have to rely on google earth which is a foreign software before you tell anything about Enugu. You are truly pathetic.

You are really a product of free and substandard education. Debating topics you are completely oblivious of.

Complete disgrace.

I think you are just mad...I need to question your sanity

If I've been to Enugu....does that mean I've been to the whole of Enugu State.

Are you in your deluded and warped mind equating Enugu town to Enugu state?

You are an embarrassment really to which ever cave village school you attended.

You just lack basic comprehension that can only be alluded to poor education that most of you run to the SW to avoid.

person..!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by dejai99: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
one.east3:

They are the top and most important economically strategic Nigerian cities:

Where is the proof
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by finaly01: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

show me any developed place in Oyo. None.
u forgot that they need space for party?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Samxiulee: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
emiye:

Arisekola is also in to manufacturing, he has an industry in ibadan, lister mills.

As to Omisore, i am aware, he floated a bank in Ghana, not sure of him having any manufacturing coy
noted,am also aware of leyland motors,for the acclaimed richest man in ibadan,he can do better and employ thousands.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by makazona(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am from Enugu state.it is very obvious that there is psychological issues with the writer of ds thread.i dnt mean to be rude.but apart from all other states wit lower Gross Domestic Product index,why did u select Enugu for ur tribalistic cum sentimental write up.probably ur state is the best.bt Enugu is GOOD 2 GO.until we kip ethnicity aside n tink abt a way out,we wil go d way of our forefathers dat use "trial n error" to dev naija.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Why should a nigerian be using google earth to show us which places are towns and which places are villages?
Isn't it stupidity?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
This guys account has been hacked.its difficult to find a yoruba who doesn't live a life of denial.
Sam xiu lee: We YORUBAs need to start healthy industrial competition among our cities and towns,most of the cities and town in southwest are either civil servants or agrarian,to be honest most are nothing to write home about,apology to who might be offended,ile ife is a ghost town without OAU,Oshogbo a capital is sleepy,ogbomosho has nothing to write about,akure,ondo,ekiti are all civil servant town,I dare call them cities,Ibadan has some places that are wonderful,oluyole estate,new bodija,ashi,other suburbs are just there,Abeokuta has a lot of potential but its just a semi commercial city,truth must be told and am happy the southeast is giving us a run for our money.
One of the thing that I have noticed,which is a major drawback is unionism of all commercial activities in southwest,why would I invest millions in a business and am expected to do business at the fixed price from the union?what if I decide to sell at a lesser price?
The truth is bitter we need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
chima12: Why should a nigerian be using google earth to show us which places are towns and which places are villages?
Isn't it stupidity?

That's the kind of s.t.upity and madness I have been dealing with here. Isn't it amazing how embarrassing some people can get.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Antivirus92(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You just confirmed my position that your expression is poor with this rubbish you typed and your inability to detect the errors in your previous comment.
typical of a yorober man. Finding faults and errors where there is none and then singing praises when there is need to cry.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
If the other parts of Nigeria are actually thriving like people talk about them on nl, how come people aren't moving there and everyone seems to migrating towards Lagos and SW?

Evidently, it's either you lot are telling porkies, or naija people are just naturally addicted to stress and hardship. Basically, one would think that the glossy pictures of Abuja, Uyo, Enugu, Delta, Calabar etc. would entice most people who have absolutely no business whatsoever being in Lagos - to move to these places. However, the opposite seems to be the case.

I'm all for all naija states developing, however, stop telling us porkies - numbers don't lie and there's a reason why most of these so-called "thriving" places are at the butt-crack of the GDP ratings in the country.

To Igbo's: when are you lot going to start debating issues intellectually without emotions? A lot of people are here to learn, and not for unnecessary emotional outbursts.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Antivirus92(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

Complete nonsense.

You consult google Earth in order to find out about Cities in Enugu, the same place you initially claimed to have been to. What a f00l you are.

Does this not show that you're actually clueless about what you are debating. You actually know zero about Enugu and have to rely on google earth which is a foreign software before you could render an opinion on the state. You are truly pathetic.

You are really a product of free and substandard education. Debating topics you are completely oblivious of.

Complete disgrace.
i swear u don't know these oily heads very well. The same thing one orlando owoh claimed to have lived in the ss,se and sw. But if u ask him to tell the name of the local govt of se and ss he once lived in. It will take him 2 days to google it.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
chima12: Why should a nigerian be using google earth to show us which places are towns and which places are villages?
Isn't it stupidity?

Welcome....

I can't claim as a Nigerian to have been to the whole parts of the country.....however we have a tool...a modern technological tool to use to see places ( even sometimes at street level) that you've never or will never be.

If you have any other means to disprove that Enugu is just one-city state....pls show me.

Am tired of all these emotional craps coming from the other person that have been bleating here like a goat all day.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by pazienza(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Made up statistics that does not reflect on people's standard of living. Funny country,funny inhabitants.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Antivirus92: i swear u don't know these oily heads very well. The same thing one orlando owoh claimed to have lived in the ss,se and sw. But if u ask him to tell the name of the local govt of se and ss he once lived in. It will take him 2 days to google it.

Agreed - Enugu is booming and apparently (according to most Igbo's online and offline), Igbo's made Lagos what it's. How come there's no reverse migration from Lagos to Enugu (and all the other so-called "thriving" states) and these people striving to replicate what they did in Lagos over there?

Let's do a comparative analysis: in the UK, when Manchester started thriving again after the commonwealth games, loads of people from London moved there. Same for Milton Keynes and a lot of other cities in the UK. In the US, when there's reverse migration from up North and New York to the South (most people moved from the South up North in the 60's and 70's when the economic situation in the South was terrible). However, how come the opposite is the case in Nigeria? We keep hearing about Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Calabar and even Abuja - but those places look like ghost towns compared to Lagos. Why is that?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Ojiofor: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
obitwo:

Add the landmass of the SE states and compare to Oyo's. Its almost the same. Figures don't lie

Rank State kmĀ²
1 Niger State 76,363
2 Borno State 70,898
3 Taraba State 54,473
4 Kaduna State 46,053
5 Bauchi State 45,837
6 Yobe State 45,502
7 Zamfara State 39,762
8 Adamawa State 36,917
9 Kwara State 36,825
10 Kebbi State 36,800
11 Benue State 34,059
12 Plateau State 30,913
13 Kogi State 29,833
14 Oyo State 28,454
15 Nasarawa State 27,117
16 Sokoto State 25,973
17 Katsina State 24,192
18 Jigawa State 23,154
19 Cross River State 20,156
20 Kano State 20,131
21 Gombe State 18,768
22 Edo State 17,802
23 Delta State 17,698
24 Ogun State 16,762
25 Ondo State 15,500
26 Rivers State 11,077
27 Bayelsa State 10,773
28 Osun State 9,251
- Abuja Federal Capital Territory 7,315
29 Enugu State 7,161
30 Akwa Ibom State 7,081
31 Ekiti State 6,353
32 Abia State 6,320
33 Ebonyi State 5,670
34 Imo State 5,100
35 Anambra State 4,844

36 Lagos State

So what? and Niger state is bigger than the whole of SW.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Rossik

You can answer my questions.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzz grin grin

Una no dey disappoint....

So let's agreed that you have no other place outside the city of Enugu in Enugu state?

At least we are agreeing on something... grin

we are agreeing that
1) Enugu capital is d best part of enugu state.
2) no part of oyo/ core SW is presentable.
3) so y shd a SWner talk abt enugu state when they dont have any presentable place in SW?
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
shymexx:

Agreed - Enugu is booming and apparently (according to most Igbo's online and offline), Igbo's made Lagos what it's. How come there's no reverse migration from Lagos to Enugu (and all the other so-called "thriving" states) and these people striving to replicate what they did in Lagos over there?

Let's do a comparative analysis: in the UK, when Manchester started thriving again after the commonwealth games, loads of people from London moved there. Same for Milton Keynes and a lot of other cities in the UK. In the US, when there's reverse migration from up North and New York to the South (most people moved from the South up North in the 60's and 70's when the economic situation in the South was terrible). However, how come the opposite is the case in Nigeria? We keep hearing about Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Calabar and even Abuja - but those places look like ghost towns compared to Lagos. Why is that?

we are not talking abt lagos( which yorubas contributed the least), we are talking abt oyo state n d rest of SW.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
ketoprofen:

we are agreeing that
1) Enugu capital is d best part of enugu state.
2) no part of oyo/ core SW is presentable.
3) so y shd a SWner talk abt enugu state when they dont have any presentable place in SW?

Here we go again.....

Emotional rants without any respect for facts....
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Samxiulee: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
chima12: This guys account has been hacked.its difficult to find a yoruba who doesn't live a life of denial.
very funny,am very much in control.there are a lot of Yorubas like me.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by 4chi: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Gibberish from a confused and weary brain.

Google earth is the best bet when you are in doubt in this emergency circumstance ...I have my doubt and I consulted google earth....the result wasn't impressing....aside Enugu....most of those other names are names of hamlets...

I want you to disprove that notion from me and google earth and stop this emotional verbiage that is painting you as a fool out of depth.

Don't blame the ajokutamamumis. It is an historical fact that the ibos are predominantly cave and village dwellers. It was the colonialists that built their so called Enugu from scratch! 95% of iboland still comprises of hamlets and villages up till today. Don't blame them when they hold on to little Enugu as "the pride of the east" that is the best they have let's humour them and keep their illusion alive.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by WarriPikin1: 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
cjrane: [size=17pt]yoruba and fake propaganda! Fake data is first posted by yoruba yahoo yahoo boys on the internet.Then they try their usual lies and deceit by trying to post the fake data here to convince us someone actually went around and interviewed all the workers and business men in the respective states to come up with a GDP figure?

You want us to believe that yoruba land has so much GDP and all its towns looks like a refugee camp, all filled with mud houses plastered over with cement and with so much poverty on their tribal marks torn faces,It has all the GDP and yet hungry yoruba men are killing Hausa people over mere brown bean? SHM! yoruba people are truly the children of the satan.
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, don't take them seriously. Some of the yoruba here are actually secondary school drop outs. So i have only a select few that i read their comments. The others are Jaguda grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Antivirus92: typical of an Igboid man. Finding faults and errors where there is none and then singing praises when there is need to cry.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by TonySpike: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: grin grin
U are somehow a foot shooter grin
U shoot urself fine anytime u comment.
Shld it be blamed of lack of sense or simply a dull brain grin

Listen, even in abeokuta, there are outlets of standard bakeries that sells all kinds of bread ranging from cheese, butter, unleavened, cake bread, wheat and so on!

Even in kogi state too, at least while i was in okene, i knw of two outlets that sells all kinds of bread!

Now, do the math again:

Why wld people queue for bread if there are other outlets within the town that sells? grin

Its simple:
U guys are either primitive and see shoprite as if u are shopping in the UK, grin or u guys dnt even av those outlets before or after shoprite grin

What is the fun in u queuing so long for a bread grin grin

When I served in Enugu over 5 years ago, there was no single bakery in Oji River LGA. They had to rely on supplies from Enugu city...I kept on wondering why no smart-ass can set up a bakery there and make his dough. The only thing in abundance in Enugu is alcohol, especially beer. No wonder the largest brewery in West Africa is located right at the heart of Nkwo area (9th mile)...
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
4chi:

Don't blame the ajokutamamumis. It is an historical fact that the ibos are predominantly cave and village dwellers. It was the colonialists that built their so called Enugu from scratch! 95% of iboland still comprises of hamlets and villages up till today. Don't blame them when they hold on to little Enugu as "the pride of the east" that is the best they have let's humour them and keep their illusion alive.

You people are just laughable. You call Igbo land hamlets. I guess you were blind when Igbos were posting pictures of their ''village'' homes. It was on purpose. To ridicule you imbeciles who sit in their caves and holes and declare themselves best in everything.

Truth is you Yorubas are painfully backward despite your free and worthless education. You can't claw yourselves out of a polythene bag if your lives depended on it.

Unfortunately for you i.d.iots, the rest of Nigeria, especially Igbos, know you in and out, your history, how you live and how disgusting your livestyles are.

From Oshogbo to Ibadan, you people are not having it good and do not make me start posting disgusting pictures of where you call homes. Little wonder why all of you became lagosians all of a sudden.

Ask any Igbo or easterner who has ever travelled to Lagos, the shock they often exhibit, once they cross into yoruba land. Apart from Akure, all you see is thick forest after thick forest with occassional appearance of shanty settlements. This is what you call ''sophistication''

The whole god-damned SW is a massive slum not fit for human habitation. Sometimes when i pass the odor-filled southwest, i thank the Most High that i am an easterner.

From Onitsha to Enugu, from Owerre to Uyo, from Eket to Abakeleke, whenever you pass through these cities, you would recognize that there are humans living there but not just any kind of Nigerian but ingenious, industrious and well cultured people dwelling there, a people with pride. The unimaginable structures after structures molded by man that greet you is a testimony that you have crossed into region of greatness once you enter the SE.

You all should know that this is 2013 where at a blink of an eye, people can disprove your lies with concrete evidence and pictures.

The SW is a mess including lagos.

And to the tout asking why Igbos move to Lagos, you must be an i.diot if you do not know that it is a tiny fraction of Igbos who traverse between the SE and Lagos due to business reasons (the Wharf, Airport etc) and due to the fact that most relevant government institutions are located there. Igbos do not, i repeat, do not move to the SW (as the rest of them outside Lagos are nothing to write home about) but Lagos.

The vast majority of Igbos are in the SE, it's neighbouring cities or outside the country.

You yorubas are a disgrace and a massive joke. All over europe begging for drinks in the club from Igbo boys.

*spits*

10 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Antivirus92(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I just confirmed my position that my expression is poor with this rubbish i typed and my inability to detect the errors in my previous comment.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

You people are just laughable. You call Igbo land hamlets. I guess you were blind when Igbos were posting pictures of their ''village'' homes. It was on purpose. To ridicule you imbeciles who sit in their caves and holes and declare themselves best in everything.

Truth is you Yorubas are painfully backward despite your free and worthless education. You can't claw yourselves out of a polythene bag if your lives depended on it.

Unfortunately for you i.d.iots, the rest of Nigeria, especially Igbos, know you in and out, your history, how you live and how disgusting your livestyles are.

From Oshogbo to Ibadan, you people are not having it good and do not make me start posting disgusting pictures of where you call homes. Little wonder why all of you became lagosians all of a sudden.

Ask any Igbo or easterner who has ever travelled to Lagos, the shock they often exhibit, once they cross into yoruba land. Apart from Akure, all you see is thick forest after thick forest with occassional appearance of shanty settlements. This is what you call ''sophistication''

The whole god-damned SW is a massive slum not fit for human habitation. Sometimes when i pass the odor-filled southwest, i thank the Most High that i am an easterner.

From Onitsha to Enugu, from Owerre to Uyo, from Eket to Abakeleke, whenever you pass through these cities, you would recognize that there are humans living there but not just any kind of Nigerian but ingenious, industrious and well cultured people dwelling there, a people with pride. The unimaginable structures after structures molded by man that greet you is a testimony that you have crossed into region of greatness once you enter the SE.

You all should know that this is 2013 where at a blink of an eye, people can disprove your lies with concrete evidence and pictures.

And to the tout asking why Igbos move to Lagos, you must be an i.diot if you do not know that it is a tiny fraction of Igbos who traverse between the SE and Lagos due to business reasons (the Wharf, Airport etc) and due to the fact that most relevant government institutions are located there. Igbos do not, i repeat, do not move to the SW (as the rest of them outside Lagos are nothing to write home about) but Lagos.

The vast majority of Igbos are in the SE, it's neighbouring cities or outside the country.

You yorubas are a disgrace and a massive joke. All over europe begging for drinks in the club from Igbo boys.

*spits*

This eddiot is still here lying over and over again. undecided
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Bandit C.:

*spits*

Oh dear, don't be so hard on the Yorubas. Beneath their chest-thumping persona ( wa-wa-wa aka giri giri gbam gbam), they're actually overly sensitive. Let's not be so hard on them. At least for the sake of my best friend, Akin.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by passion007: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
But the Yorubas, for their part, must quit claiming everything from the first Nigerian medical doctor to the first state university in Nigeria, to being the most educated Nigerian group, or being the only group ever to have seen the Queen of England... falsehoods that have been debunked time and again.
It's okay to be second sometimes, or third. Or, even admit you've never seen the Queen of England. (Who the hell is she anyway! Has she met the richest Yoruba's: Fernandez and Folorunso) After all, it's more honorable to fail than to cheat-the line's not mine
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
4chi:

enugu was in complete ashes after d war.
It started frm destruction of nsukka and s UNN. Den enugu.
Enugu was built from d scratch frm 1970 by igbos.
But ibadan for eg had no war on it yet, its a huge slum.
Can u see a diff?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
Tony Spike:

When I served in Enugu over 5 years ago, there was no single bakery in Oji River LGA. They had to rely on supplies from Enugu city...I kept on wondering why no smart-ass can set up a bakery there and make his dough. The only thing in abundance in Enugu is alcohol, especially beer. No wonder the largest brewery in West Africa is located right at the heart of Nkwo area (9th mile)...

na d alcohol dey pain u?
No be person wey get money dey drink alcohol?

Thank God u went to Oji, at least u saw that ur village is not sth to write home abt.
Re: Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. by ketoprofen(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Here we go again.....

Emotional rants without any respect for facts....

which syd of SW is presentable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Buhari Accuses Kwankwaso Of Diverting Kano Funds For His Presidential Campaign / Fintiri Escapes Unhurt As Truck Crushes Vehicles In His Convoy (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.